• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref Time Manipulation Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeref: Soul Absorption Resistance (because of Franmalth ), Pleasure and Soul Manipulation Resistance (because of Larcade's magic ), Water Manipulation and Limited Poison Manipulation Resistance (because of Torafuzar), Wind Resistance , Fire Resistance , Air Resistance and Lightning Resistance (because of Tempester's Weather Manipulation ), Magic Absorption (because he absorbed all of fairy heart away from mavis), Time Manipulation Resistance, Magic Nullification Resistance, Death Manipulation Resistance, Spatial Manipulation and it's Resistances.

Gray Fullbuster/Silver Fullbuster: Limited Existence Erasure Resistance (They're able to resist demonic Existence Erasure because of their devil slayer magic, but a normal Existence Erasure should be able to kill them)

This one doesn't have EE so you can agree with it just fine.

People who disagree with EE resistence for zeref so far is: KaiserReinhardt, AnonymousBlank,DragonEmperor23 and IMadeThisOn.

I just realized if I agree with Zeref's statement I will have to argue that he also can resist other deadly abilities like Evergree's Petrification. While I might believe this, other might not.

Evidences:

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
We don't actually know. But even if we assume this, then I could just argue that the only reason Zeref removed Mard Geer was that Zeref didn't want to die anymore, not that Mard was incapable of killing him.

Basically, either way, you go around it, there's still no solid ground that Zeref should have resistances to things that never hit him.
Zeref want to die till Natsu fight him, because he believed that Natsu can kill him, but after Natsu loses his igneel power, then zeref realize that Natsu can't kill him anymore

9TailAcno , here is the scans

https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/464/20

https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/464/21

The last scan of suicidal Zeref, well after Mard Guer

https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/465/17

So, again, my point is that Zeref most likely try EE magic and he failed that why he killed Mard Guer, otherwise, the statement that Zeref said to Mavis would not sense at all.

KaiserReinhardt said:
All abilities that the nine demon gate have that can be used to kill someone, i believe that zeref should have resistence to them because of the simple fact that they were made to kill him yet he is still alive. Abilities that have nothing to do with killing, zeref shouldn't have resistence to those.

I agree with death manipulation resistence to zeref.

I also agree with his time-stop resistence, FH Zeref has shown greater control over time then dimaria and ultear. He could even rewind time after his body was vaporized, something someone on the level of dimaria and ultear couldn't do.

Also didn't zeref link the ravines of time with the fairy tail door, isn't that spatial manipulation. Afterall the ravines of time is a pocket dimension in the space between time. 1 2 3
Fh didn't just give him control over the time it gives him control over whole time and space, also zeref seal raven of time/neo eclipse mean he has sealing power, and space manipulation, his teleportation also confirm it

Isn't zeref is the one how created the black arts and zero is using it? If we go in more depth then many black art/magic used by other character is a link/created by zeref. Also zeref should have sealing power via fairy sphere and fairy glitter(since zeref is the one who teaches mavis those magic). And able to hurt a soul(since fairy glitter can do it too)

Zeref doesn't have Fairy Glitter or Sphere. He only taught Mavis Law which she done goofed. She then made Fairy Law which is an alternate version with a different drawback from its parent spell. He might have lightning, bullet and chain magic but I don't think he should have green magic. He basically spoke with Warrod and then Warrod used magic.

EDIT: Remembered wrong about the green magic. Zeref has all the magic don't he XD

Zeref: Soul Absorption Resistance (because of Franmalth ), Pleasure and Soul Manipulation Resistance (because of Larcade's magic ), Water Manipulation and Limited Poison Manipulation Resistance (because of Torafuzar), Wind Resistance , Fire Resistance , Air Resistance and Lightning Resistance (because of Tempester's Weather Manipulation ), Magic Absorption (because he absorbed all of fairy heart away from mavis), Time Manipulation Resistance, Magic Nullification Resistance, Death Manipulation Resistance, Spatial Manipulation and it's Resistances.

Gray Fullbuster/Silver Fullbuster: Limited or just Existence Erasure Resistance (They're able to resist demonic Existence Erasure because of their devil slayer magic, and for those who opposed it via Verse equalization from Standard Battle Assumptions, it is resistance Existence Erasure.

Might have resistance EE resistance is currently debated.

• People who agree: Nedge1000, 9TailAcno,
  • People who disagree with EE resistance for zeref so far is: KaiserReinhardt, AnonymousBlank,DragonEmperor23 and IMadeThisOn
  • Neutral:.

Zeref Dragneel should have Law as he taught it to Mavis Vermilio so he should have Light Manipulation

Zeref might also have lighting magic, plant magic, and (chain manipulation and bullet magic)-> Hades] since he taught it

• https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail-zero/7/17
    • https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail-zero/7/18

Points against Zeref having EE resistance, and their refusal

• He never had EE magic use against him
    • He suicidal for 400 year to the point of using any magic that would kill or incapacitate him but failed
    • Also even he didn't do it in the past because it did not excit, Zeref Dragneel's unsealing occur after the event of Brain (Zero) which prove that EE magic is more common in the black art. So likely, for that period, he likely tries it and that time includes the 7-year timeskip since he still suicidal.
  • Zeref didn't let Mard Geer used it, and Was not suicidal
Zeref was still suicidal some likely try it and failed

• Also, he did say you can't to Mard Geer but never said that he was not suicidal
      • https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/464/20
      • https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/464/21
He also was suicidal enough to let Natsu Dragneel try to kill with FDK Mode well after the event of Mard Geer. This is the last time that he was suicidal. Also, another point is that he never try EE magic despite being a genius in the dark arts-had to proved since he had of time especially before the 7 years time skip- and also Zeref didn't let Mard Guer try MM even he could succeed and Zeref would have wanted his success since he is still suicidal: that seems like an argument who merit only based CIS and PIS.

• Zero is the only person to have EE magic in the dark arts? Sadly, it also not the best argument either. The only rare magics are lost magic like time magic and dragon slayer magic which Zero's magic does not fall into this categories especially in the black arts.
If you are using this link, you can check: https://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Magic#Classifications

• also, most importantly, the resistances are attributed to the immortality curse from a god so if a human can resist these abilities or magic that most likely the cursed individual who has divine protection that would demon slayer magic resistances even to also the like of petrification
  • Demon slayer magic mages or exorcist magic mages is meant to fight the thousands of demons of Zeref which he stated that none could kill or incapacitate him. So, likely if demon magic slayer can resist EE magic then so Zeref can especially since he has divine protection
  • No evidence since it was done off panel
    • True, but there are more evidence to support it outright then what is against it. Also, to ignore the evidence would ignore the word of genius and to some extent a suicidal maniac. It kind of seems fallacious.
      • Zeref's Intelligence: Zeref is a genius within magic. Possessing centuries worth of knowledge, having mastered all of the Black Arts at a very young age and creating thousands of demons.

AnonymousBlank said:
Zeref doesn't have Fairy Glitter or Sphere. He only taught Mavis Law which she done goofed. She then made Fairy Law which is an alternate version with a different drawback from its parent spell. He might have lightning, bullet and chain magic but I don't think he should have green magic. He basically spoke with Warrod and then Warrod used magic.
EDIT: Remembered wrong about the green magic. Zeref has all the magic don't he XD
So, Zeref ,never mind, law is light manipulation https://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Law

The only resistances I agree with are to time stop and soul manipulation. Also, Kyôka's pain manipulation if it can kill.

Water can't kill Zeref. Weather Manipulation won't kill Zeref. Standard Explosion Manipulation won't kill Zeref. These are a result of either significantly superior durability to the output of his demons, his immortality curse, or a combination of both.

As for poison, it's easily explained by his immortality curse. Most of the proposed resistances are not legit, in my opinion. But I'm not a FT expert. I barely remember stuff about the series.

You don't have to be an expert to understand that. You pretty much got it down imo. He said that the Demon's couldn't kill him, so if anything at all, it just means that their abilities that can kill didn't work. Since Zeref has immortality and some of their abilities aren't all that esoteric, it could just be his immortality and durability negating their killing abilities.

AnonymousBlank , you are right it is not sealing it just light damage. I got confused because fairy zero seems to have a recon with the enemy not show after the ability was used. law is light manipulation but fairy sphere is sealing and time manipulation

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
You don't have to be an expert to understand that. You pretty much got it down imo. He said that the Demon's couldn't kill him, so if anything at all, it just means that their abilities that can kill didn't work. Since Zeref has immortality and some of their abilities aren't all that esoteric, it could just be his immortality and durability negating their killing abilities.
Yeah, this a good point!

Nedge1000 said:
9TailAcno, yes, Zeref is the progenitor of all form of the black arts even the one that Zero is using. He also did teaches Mavis fairy glitter and Fairy sphere so he should have sealed.
Fairy Glitter: https://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Fairy_Glitter - it is either Soul Manipulation or Non-Physical Interaction

Zeref might also have lighting magic and plant magic too

https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail-zero/7/17

https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail-zero/7/18
na,i dont think he should have plant/lighting manipulation since he didnt give them using, they disoverd it thier own(btw did we havve any app for vs battle?)

Restated

Zeref: Soul Absorption Resistance (because of Franmalth ), Pleasure and Soul Manipulation Resistance (because of Larcade's magic ), Water Manipulation and Limited Poison Manipulation Resistance (because of Torafuzar), Wind Resistance , Fire Resistance , Air Resistance and Lightning Resistance (because of Tempester's Weather Manipulation ), Magic Absorption (because he absorbed all of fairy heart away from mavis), Time Manipulation Resistance, Magic Nullification Resistance, Death Manipulation Resistance, Spatial Manipulation and it's Resistances. Also, evidence for his Demon's resistance, (they can't kill him.) Also, Fire Magic (þü½Òü«Ú¡öµ│ò Hi no Mahō): Zeref is shown to be capable of using this type of Magic, such as when he used it to burn Mard Geer's tome.[122]

Gray Fullbuster/Silver Fullbuster: Limited or just Existence Erasure Resistance (They're able to resist demonic Existence Erasure because of their devil slayer magic, and for those who opposed it via Verse equalization from Standard Battle Assumptions, it is resistance Existence Erasure.

Have resistance EE resistance is currently debated but likely to be accepted

• People who disagree with EE resistance for zeref so far is: (KaiserReinhardt, AnonymousBlank,DragonEmperor23 and IMadeThisOn) -Note, these points were debunked above so their reasonings likely do not apply

Zeref might also have lighting magic, plant magic, and (chain manipulation and bullet magic)-> Precht/Hades (Fairy Tail) since he taught it

@Nedge

When were our points about his EE resistance debunked? He has never been showed to be hit by it. He would only get resistance to the other Curses because he specifically created the 9DG to test them out on him. Mard was the one who came up with MM and has never had the chance to try it out on him since Zeref just lolnoped him into a book.

@Burning

What's your opinion on the power null resistance? If the power null worked on Zeref, then it would have made him able to be killed.

Idk since his immortality comes from someone else, but he can still use his abilities so I'd say resistance to Power Nullification is a possibility.

The immortality comes from a curse that a god put on him. This would give both Anksheram(if he ever shows up enough to get a page here) and Zeref power null resistance since it couldn't null the curse.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Nedge
When were our points about his EE resistance debunked? He has never been showed to be hit by it. He would only get resistance to the other Curses because he specifically created the 9DG to test them out on him. Mard was the one who came up with MM and has never had the chance to try it out on him since Zeref just lolnoped him into a book.
Again, EE magic is common is the black arts especially since Zeref was unsealed and Zeref was still suicidal and still a genius in the black so why would he not have tried suicide by it?

For the second point, I gave evidence that I mentioned that above.

Anyway, can you debunk these points.and evidence, also the only point that seems to be mentioned about Mard Geer so to be involved CIS?

I mentioned more of the points above, if they can be disproven, then I am willing to disagreed with EE resistance.

EE magic is not common. The only two instances of EE we have seen in FT is from Mard Geer (MM curse) and Zero (Darkness magic). Unless there is another time EE (involving Black magic) was used that I am not remembering, Zeref being a master of the Black Arts is irrelevant. So there is exactly one time EE magic was used in the series.

Zeref was never sealed, he just didn't give a damn about doing anything.

About the magic absorbtion you mentioned above, should it be considered magic absorbtion or power steal (I assume you were referring to when he stole FH from Mavis)?

AnonymousBlank said:
EE magic is not common. The only two instances of EE we have seen in FT is from Mard Geer (MM curse) and Zero (Darkness magic). Unless there is another time EE (involving Black magic) was used that I am not remembering, Zeref being a master of the Black Arts is irrelevant. So there is exactly one time EE magic was used in the series.
Zeref was never sealed, he just didn't give a damn about doing anything.

About the magic absorbtion you mentioned above, should it be considered magic absorbtion or power steal (I assume you were referring to when he stole FH from Mavis)?
So would the argument that Zero is the only person to have EE magic, in the dark arts? Sadly, it also not the best argument either.

The only rare magics are lost magic like time magic and dragon slayer magic which Zero's magic does not fall into this categories especially in the black arts.

If you are using this link: https://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Magic#Classifications

Nevermind, it is there if you want to check.

Points against Zeref having EE resistance, and their refusal

• He never had EE magic use against him
    • He suicidal for 400 year to the point of using any magic that would kill or incapacitate him but failed
    • Also even he didn't do it in the past because it did not excit, Zeref Dragneel's unsealing occur after the event of Brain (Zero) which prove that EE magic is more common in the black art. So likely, for that period, he likely tries it and that time includes the 7-year timeskip since he still suicidal.
  • Zeref didn't let Mard Geer used it, and Was not suicidal
Zeref was still suicidal some likely try it and failed

• Also, he did say you can't to Mard Geer but never said that he was not suicidal
      • https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/464/20
      • https://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/464/21
He also was suicidal enough to let Natsu Dragneel try to kill with FDK Mode well after the event of Mard Geer. This is the last time that he was suicidal. Also, another point is that he never try EE magic despite being a genius in the dark arts-had to proved since he had of time especially before the 7 years time skip- and also Zeref didn't let Mard Guer try MM even he could succeed and Zeref would have wanted his success since he is still suicidal: that seems like an argument who merit only based CIS and PIS.

• Zero is the only person to have EE magic in the dark arts? Sadly, it also not the best argument either. The only rare magics are lost magic like time magic and dragon slayer magic which Zero's magic does not fall into this categories especially in the black arts.
If you are using this link, you can check: https://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Magic#Classifications

• also, most importantly, the resistances are attributed to the immortality curse from a god so if a human can resist these abilities or magic that most likely the cursed individual who has divine protection that would demon slayer magic resistances even to also the like of petrification
  • Demon slayer magic mages or exorcist magic mages is meant to fight the thousands of demons of Zeref which he stated that none could kill or incapacitate him. So, likely if demon magic slayer can resist EE magic then so Zeref can especially since he has divine protection
  • No evidence since it was done off panel
    • True, but there are more evidence to support it outright then what is against it. Also, to ignore the evidence would ignore the word of genius and to some extent a suicidal maniac. It kind of seems fallacious.
      • Zeref's Intelligence: Zeref is a genius within magic. Possessing centuries worth of knowledge, having mastered all of the Black Arts at a very young age and creating thousands of demons.

Restated

Zeref: Soul Absorption Resistance (because of Franmalth ), Pleasure and Soul Manipulation Resistance (because of Larcade's magic ), Water Manipulation and Limited Poison Manipulation Resistance (because of Torafuzar), Wind Resistance , Fire Resistance , Air Resistance and Lightning Resistance (because of Tempester's Weather Manipulation ), Plant Manipulation (because of Mard Geer Gueer), Magic Absorption (because he absorbed all of fairy heart away from mavis), Time Manipulation Resistance, Magic Nullification Resistance, Death Manipulation Resistance, Spatial Manipulation and it's Resistances. Also, evidence for his Demon's resistance, (they can't kill him.)

Also, Fire Magic (þü½Òü«Ú¡öµ│ò Hi no Mahō): Zeref is shown to be capable of using this type of Magic, such as when he used it to burn Mard Geer's tome.[122]

Telepathy (Õ┐ÁÞ®▒ÒâåÒâ¼ÒâæÒéÀÒâ╝ Terepash─½): Zeref has shown to be capable of using this Magic, contacting Larcade through the use of this Magic in order to cease his Magic.[123]

Enchantment (õ╗ÿÕèáÞíô Fukajutsu): Zeref has been shown to be a very capable enchanter, being the one who morphed Irene's dragonizied form into the physique of a human as she, an incredible enchanter, could not even do it herself.[124]

Have resistance EE resistance is currently debated but likely to be accepted

• People who disagree with EE resistance for zeref so far is: (KaiserReinhardt, AnonymousBlank,DragonEmperor23, and IMadeThisOn) -Note, these points were debunked above so their reasonings likely do not apply
Zeref might also have lighting magic, plant magic, and (chain manipulation and bullet magic)-> Precht/Hades (Fairy Tail) since he taught it - it is not listed on Zeref's fairy tail wiki though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back