• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref Time Manipulation Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the resistance being based on Ultear. Her case was a special one. But if Dimaria moved in stopped time, I agree with Zeref getting it.

The reasoning for resistance wasn't because Ultear was able to move in stopped time but because Ultear was able to give other people the ability to move in stopped time with her time magic and Zeref's time magic >>>> Ultears.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I disagree with the resistance being based on Ultear. Her case was a special one. But if Dimaria moved in stopped time, I agree with Zeref getting it.
I am inclined to agreed.

I don't think I would agree with spatial resistance. But I do agree with Fairy Heart Zeref having Time Manipulation Resistance and for every version of Zeref to have Death Manipulation Resistance

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I don't think I would agree with spatial resistance. But I do agree with Fairy Heart Zeref having Time Manipulation Resistance and for every version of Zeref to have Death Manipulation Resistance
There is this character who has similar reasoning to Zeref's fairy heart key and got both resistancs Timemo

All abilities that the nine demon gate have that can be used to kill someone, i believe that zeref should have resistence to them because of the simple fact that they were made to kill him yet he is still alive. Abilities that have nothing to do with killing, zeref shouldn't have resistence to those.

I agree with death manipulation resistence to zeref.

I also agree with his time-stop resistence, FH Zeref has shown greater control over time then dimaria and ultear. He could even rewind time after his body was vaporized, something someone on the level of dimaria and ultear couldn't do.

Also didn't zeref link the ravines of time with the fairy tail door, isn't that spatial manipulation. Afterall the ravines of time is a pocket dimension in the space between time. 1 2 3

KaiserReinhardt, based on what you saying the resistance would be all the Tartoros's demons abilities would qualifies since the all ignored durability or are meant to kill. The only abilities that seem to not apply is Larcade Dragneel

The only that he might not have resistance is what could be healed by Regenerationn like Jackal, and Torafuzar.

• I am more inclined to agree that Zeref Dragneel is right about this, since he try suicide for hundred of years and none worked.
There that evidences which support it

No, I still disagree that Zeref should have any resistance to the Curses of the Demons. He never had feats of resisting the abilities and the only time he was actually being hit by an ability from one of the Demons, Zeref was susceptible to it.

But all Larcade did was induce pleasure in Zeref which is completely non lethal. Larcade's killing magic is RIP and his pleasure inducement kills by making the soul leave the body which did not happen to Zeref. There's a difference between being immune to something and resistant to it. It effected Zeref but it didn't kill him.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017, I understand what you trying to say but Zeref is different. He is a magic genius, expert, and knows about the demon's abilities and being suicidal enough to try suicide by means, not just the demons, and he never died so he most likely has the resistance to them. Besides, some of these magics are not even that unique to demons. To disregards, Zeref's statement in that case since he is expert to the point of genius seems fallacious.

I would have the same opinions as if I didn't see the scans with Mavis Vermilio though.

We're not saying he's immune to it, we're saying he has resistance. Larcade's magic was unable to kill Zeref which is why we're giving him the resistances to these lethal hax.

The nine demon gates are probably way older then larcade and bloodman, and they were created at a time were zeref one and only desire was to die.

Larcade and bloodman were created to be one of zeref's pawns and nothing more, but the nine demon gates were created to kill zeref. This the difference between them.

Except there is no feat to even say so that Zeref is resistant. We clearly see Zeref affected by Larcarde's magic, there is no reason to not believe he would be affected by the magic of the other Demon's.

Nedge1000 said:
KaiserReinhardt, based on what you saying the resistance would be all the Tartoros's demons abilities would qualifies since the all ignored durability or are meant to kill. The only abilities that seem to not apply is Larcade Dragneel
  • Okay
  • Doesn't kill
  • Doesn't kill
  • Okay
  • He can resist it via immortality
  • That's basically just AP...
  • Doesn't kill
  • Regen GG (even though it could upgrade his regen)

But zeref was resisting larcades own magic, you're making it sound like zeref was having a hard time. But that's not the case at all, compared to the other people who were being effected by the magic, zeref was doing pretty good resisting it.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I'm not saying Zeref wasn't effected. I'm saying it couldn't kill him.
This is the issue though... You literally can't prove nor disprove that it would or would not kill him. There is no feat to go off of. The only time Zeref interacted with one his Demon's magic, it clearlyy affected him.

So if anything, we should lean that it would work on Zeref, not that Zeref is resistant.

Dude he is only gonna get resistence to them, not a complete immunity. We're not saying he won't be effected, we're saying that he will resist the majority of the attack and not die from it.

You are saying that because he wasn't immune to it he wasn't resistant to it? The only time Zeref interacted with one of his demon's magic on screen, it did not kill him aka he resisted it's effects because the effect is death.

Zeref created these demons to be able to kill him, if their abilities can not accomplish this task then that means they failed to kill him. In otherwords he was able to resist their abilities and not die from them, he will be effected by them but not on a scale that will kill him.

Possible Final Proposal (written just in case)

Also to:

One Evidence

Like @Emperor said, the only time that one of his demons abilities were used against him it did not even kill him. Larcades abilities were being resisted by zeref, so we should add resistence to pleasure magic on his page too.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Just for a referrence, but Zeref deemed almost every demon he created as Failure, including Larcade and Tartaros demons.
You are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back