• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref Soul Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Oh god another f-inf one of these, when will it stop.

Honestly, the justification for Zeref's Soul Manipulation is reallyweird in my opinion. After double checking the CRT for it, it appears it's justification is that souls moved from the persons body after said person was dead.

Except, there's a problem with this justification.

Souls moving away from the body is a natural thing to happen (If you believe they exist), when you die, your soul naturally moves away from your body, and thus your soul moves on.

It's the equivalent of taking a gun, shooting someone, and their soul leaves their dead body and calling it soul manipulation

Is there any proof Zeref is moving these souls on his own power? If so, the justification should be fixed

Give me the chapter from where this happened but I don't agree with Zeref having Soul Manipulation. He's never stated that his Death Magic works and kills souls, but rather that he's taken souls which I think shouldn't be taken literally as that's typically a metaphor for how many lives someone has taken in their life time. It's more of a trope that happens in fiction.

And from what I remember they didn't use the actual official scans so it could just be a translation error.

I really don't care either way, I'd like to go a solid month without another damn revision, especially one that downgrades a character, but the OP seems correct, Zeref's Magic insta-kills, but doesn't destroy a soul and it only sometimes removes a soul, so yeah, unless there is a counterpoint, then I agree with the OP

Also we did use the official scans, however the whole takes soul thing can also just be pretty wording

Zeref soul manipulation comes from his death wave, and life manipulation, not fr his other attack iirc

Also, it happen when he was fu*** Mavis, she was immortal still die cause his death wave, which forceful remove her soul from his body, despite she was alive(August born from her, and 2nd master confirmed that she was alive all the te

Captain Torch said:
I agree with the downgrade
Zeref death wave causes this and further this chaptrrproof that it forcefully separate mavis soul and physical body, the only reason she was alive it cause of her curse and 2nd master keep reviving her.

There nothing to downgrade here, if there is something need to change is the statement we are using(possibley)

For the record, I think that this seems to make sense and can be applied.

Who the hell said Zeref Death Magic destroy soul?

Given with the shown feats: Killed Hades whose soul then got absorbed by frantmalt, killed Mavis who later got divided into two (her real and astral body), and then used it on himself and Mavis to pass on to afterlife to be reincarnated.

Pretty consistent soul removal to me.

That's not proof of him removing souls

Thats the soul moving after the body is dead

Also Hades's soul getting absorbed by Frant even though Zeref is removing them is a contradiction, not a sign Zeref removed it

Mavis was alive all the time since zeref "seems" to kill her. Her body even give birth to august, it's was zeref death wave which forcefully removes her soul from her body but can't able to kill her cause of COC

I believe it's a little too unclear to give Zeref Soul Manipulation, it's not explicitly stated that his magic does this, and there is evidence the souls didn't leave the body, point is, I believe it should be removed from his page

I am not agree with soul destruction cause zeref never did it , just zeref removing the opponent soul seems correct

Btw @mitch you are online right now

I think that the ability should be removed so we can close this quickly. It is not a very controversial change.

[[
Screenshot 20190120-232024
Hades soul didn't leave it body is kinda weird, but zeref kill him using death prillar not death wave, At last i only support that zeref should have soul manipulation, only by his death wave attack which shows soul manipulation on mavis and yes he didn't have soul destruction, or soul manipulation using any other attack

Antvasima said:
I think that the ability should be removed so we can close this quickly. It is not a very controversial change.
True tho, just want to discuss in depth, but my above comment was my last comment here, so i leave it on other ppl

From Enryu on Zeref's Soul Manipulation

"If the soul of Hades had really been removed from his body because of Zeref's Death Magic, then how do you explain about Franmalth having revealed that he encountered the body of Hades and absorbed his soul?"

Despite Zeref stating that he takes souls, he's very likely referring to taking a persons life and thus, their soul coming out, instead of willingly removing it from their bodies.

He also says "Take" Souls, even though even assuming he did have soul manipulation that isn't what he's shown to do.

I do want to wait for more input, but soul removal for Zeref is contradicted by the series and the only supposed time he removed a soul was just a soul moving on its own after the body died.

What happen with mavis was contradict it, as i already say, his soul manipulation should only limited to his death wave not to his other attack like death piller which he used it on hades

Mavis's soul left her body because she died.

Not because Zeref meant to move it out of her body.

Zeref killed her body, he didn't force her soul to exit her body. That's what happens to someone once they die if you believe in that kind of stuff. For example, if someone got shot and the victims soul leaves the body after death, would you give the person who shot the victim soul manipulation? No because that's what the soul naturally does upon death.

She was alive because of her curse, but her soul leave her body until cana attack her with fairy glitter

Thank you

Someone else can do it, bit busy ATM

If someone has more evidence proving he has soul stuff with his Death Manipulation, they can feel free to make a thread on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back