• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Young Justice upgrade? (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't say it is an outlier.
There is no conflict with Flaw having an extraordinary attack power. He no-sold the attacks of Klarion and Doctor Fate (even when Doctor Fate was boosted by Zatanna and her disciples, and was allowed to charge up his attack).

But Doctor Fate being weakened by the explosion likely reducing his ability to use magical power, and being caught off-guard are also factors to take into account. So it is entirely possible that a more healthy Doctor Fate would've tanked/blocked the attack without permanent damage.

Klarion:
Tier: At least High 8-C, up to High 6-A.

Attack Potency:
At least Large Building level (Far above magical users like Wizard, Blackbriar Thorn, Wotan, Felix Faust or Zatanna, the latter's magic being described by Klarion as "baby magic" before he overpowered her with a casual gesture. Easily defeated the entire Young Justice team and is vastly superior to any of its members and their combined force. Vandal Savage stated that Klarion is strong enough to completely wipe out Starro's inbound fleet with ease. Is equal to and possibly stronger than Doctor Fate.), up to Multi-Continent level (Sank the entire continent of Atlantis into the ocean.)

Child:
Tier: At least High 8-C, up to High 6-A, far higher with the added power of all the Chaos Lords.

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level, up to Multi-Continent level (Likely equal to Klarion), far higher with the added power of all the Chaos Lords (Received the combined power of all the Chaos Lords, making her immensely superior to the combined force of Klarion, Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Etrigan and other Magic wielders and allowing her to casually defeat them.)

Doctor Fate:
Tier: At least High 8-C, up to High 6-A.

Attack Potency:
At least Large Building level, up to Multi-Continent level (One of the most powerful sorcerers in the world, likely equal to Klarion.)
---
Do these changes seem fine?
Is any of this relevant for their Striking Strength?

Wouldn't say it is an outlier.
There is no conflict with Flaw having an extraordinary attack power. He no-sold the attacks of Klarion and Doctor Fate (even when Doctor Fate was boosted by Zatanna and her disciples, and was allowed to charge up his attack).

But Doctor Fate being weakened by the explosion likely reducing his ability to use magical power, and being caught off-guard are also factors to take into account. So it is entirely possible that a more healthy Doctor Fate would've tanked/blocked the attack without permanent damage.
All that is fair, sure. I can't think of any anti-feats for Flaw, I just thought it was worth mentioning. You can apply the durability however you like, I'm neutral on the durability front.
Is any of this relevant for their Striking Strength?
I can't think of a striking feat for any of them. Theoretically maybe they could focus their magic into their fists and then punch but I can't remember them doing anything like that.

I personally find the suggested revisions acceptable, but it seems best if you reach a collective agreement first.

So the source code for revisions would look like this:
(Added a space in youtube links that should be removed in Doctor Fate's section, in order to bypass forum auto-embed for clearer demonstration)

Doctor Fate

'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:''' At least {{High 8-C}}, up to {{High 6-A}}

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' At least '''Large Building level''', up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]]))

'''[[Durability]]:''' At least '''Small Town level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]]), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Was capable of absorbing and redirecting Warworld's [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=48s Grand Laser Emitter back onto itself,] which would have destroyed the Earth [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=116s in a matter of minutes] which suggests it would have done so through disrupting the planet's core, and blocked at most [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=166s 64% of its missiles], while 23% alone would have been enough to [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=183s decimate a hemisphere])

Klarion

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' At least '''Large Building level''' (Far above magical users like Wizard, Blackbriar Thorn, Wotan, Felix Faust or [[Zatanna (Young Justice)|Zatanna]], the latter's magic being described by Klarion as "baby magic" before he overpowered her with a casual gesture. Easily defeated the entire Young Justice team and is vastly superior to any of its members and their combined force. Vandal Savage stated that Klarion is strong enough to completely wipe out Starro's inbound fleet with ease. Is equal to and possibly stronger than Doctor Fate.), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' ([[User blog:ShadowWhoWalks/Young Justice: A Witch Boy sinks Atlantis|Sank the entire continent of Atlantis into the ocean]])

'''[[Durability]]:''' '''Small Town level''' ([[User blog:Dark-Carioca/Klarion takes a rock to the face|Tanked a giant piece of earth being dropped on him]]), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Doctor Fate (Young Justice)|Doctor Fate]]). Immortality and regeneration make him very hard to harm.

Child

'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:''' At least {{High 8-C}}, up to {{High 6-A}}, '''far higher''' with the added power of the Chaos Lords.

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' At least '''Large Building level''', up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]])), '''far higher''' with the added power of the Chaos Lords (Received the combined power of all the Chaos Lords besides Klarion, making her immensely superior to the combined force of Klarion, Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Etrigan and other Magic wielders, and allowing her to casually defeat them)

'''[[Durability]]:''' At least '''Small Town level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]]), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Doctor Fate (Young Justice)|Doctor Fate]]), '''far higher''' with the added power of the Chaos Lords.

Also, I removed "As a Lord of Chaos, Klarion/Child cannot be killed or contained", since the unkillable part is already implied by the previous statement ('Immortality and regeneration make him/her very hard to harm'), and banishing them from the mortal plane via. targeting their familiar probably qualifies as containment.

Feel somewhat partial to with 'magic barrier' for the High 6-A durability, but overall I think leaving it up to interpretation is best.

So the source code for revisions would look like this:
(Added a space in youtube links that should be removed in Doctor Fate's section, in order to bypass forum auto-embed for clearer demonstration)

Doctor Fate

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' At least '''Large Building level''', up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]]))

'''[[Durability]]:''' At least '''Small Town level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]]), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Was capable of absorbing and redirecting Warworld's [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=48s Grand Laser Emitter back onto itself,] which would have destroyed the Earth [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=116s in a matter of minutes] which suggests it would have done so through disrupting the planet's core, and blocked at most [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=166s 64% of its missiles], while 23% alone would have been enough to [https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gUxHmm_Jxqw&t=183s decimate a hemisphere])

Klarion

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' At least '''Large Building level''' (Far above magical users like Wizard, Blackbriar Thorn, Wotan, Felix Faust or [[Zatanna (Young Justice)|Zatanna]], the latter's magic being described by Klarion as "baby magic" before he overpowered her with a casual gesture. Easily defeated the entire Young Justice team and is vastly superior to any of its members and their combined force. Vandal Savage stated that Klarion is strong enough to completely wipe out Starro's inbound fleet with ease. Is equal to and possibly stronger than Doctor Fate.), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' ([[User blog:ShadowWhoWalks/Young Justice: A Witch Boy sinks Atlantis|Sank the entire continent of Atlantis into the ocean]])

'''[[Durability]]:''' '''Small Town level''' ([[User blog:Dark-Carioca/Klarion takes a rock to the face|Tanked a giant piece of earth being dropped on him]]), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Doctor Fate (Young Justice)|Doctor Fate]]). Immortality and regeneration make him very hard to harm.

Child

'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:''' At least {{High 8-C}}, up to {{High 6-A}}, '''far higher''' with the added power of the Chaos Lords.

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' At least '''Large Building level''', up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]])), '''far higher''' with the added power of the Chaos Lords (Received the combined power of all the Chaos Lords besides Klarion, making her immensely superior to the combined force of Klarion, Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Etrigan and other Magic wielders, and allowing her to casually defeat them)

'''[[Durability]]:''' At least '''Small Town level''' (Comparable to [[Klarion the Witch Boy (Young Justice)|Klarion]]), up to '''Multi-Continent level''' (Comparable to [[Doctor Fate (Young Justice)|Doctor Fate]]), '''far higher''' with the added power of the Chaos Lords.

Also, I removed "As a Lord of Chaos, Klarion/Child cannot be killed or contained", since the unkillable part is already implied by the previous statement ('Immortality and regeneration make him/her very hard to harm'), and banishing them from the mortal plane via. targeting their familiar probably qualifies as containment.

Feel somewhat partial to with 'magic barrier' for the High 6-A durability, but overall I think leaving it up to interpretation is best.
Everything looks good to me!

Applied the revisions.

Though a problem I found is that Klarion's profile doesn't link to a profile or calc for the High 8-C rating. I think he is supposed to scale to Despero's calc.

Young Justice’s power of the verse part should be updated too, since it states the verse caps out at large building level.
Lower tier characters tend to come out to Wall level whilst stronger characters are placed at Small Building level, Small Building level+, and Large Building level with the verse overall peaking at Large Building level+ thanks to Despero.

Applied the revisions.

Though a problem I found is that Klarion's profile doesn't link to a profile or calc for the High 8-C rating. I think he is supposed to scale to Despero's calc.
Maybe put something like this?

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level (Far above magical users like Wizard, Blackbriar Thorn, Wotan, Felix Faust or Zatanna, the latter's magic being described by Klarion as "baby magic" before he overpowered her with a casual gesture. Easily defeated the entire Young Justice team and is vastly superior to any of its members, including Superboy, and their combined force. Vandal Savage stated that Klarion is strong enough to completely wipe out Starro's inbound fleet with ease. Is equal to and possibly stronger than Doctor Fate.), up to Multi-Continent level (Sank the entire continent of Atlantis into the ocean)

I think the scaling chain is like Klarion>Superboy=Superman~Despero

Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Is there anything else left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Okay. I will close this then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back