• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Young Justice upgrade? (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems reasonable to me, but it needs to be calculated.

Okay. Sorry about not properly keeping track.

Should we apply the results of that calculation then?

The entire wiki seems to be locked right now. I sincerely hope that it is just the scheduled system update to Mediawiki 1.37, but have asked the official Fandom staff for help in case something worse has happened.

I mean the size of Atlantis isn't the issue, I'm just not sure how to calculate it sinking. Just the energy of it dropping into the sea floor? The energy of all the water covering the land?
Okay....

What do we know about the state of Atlantis before it was sunk? The sky? The buildings? The locations? Any shots on the globe or statements or such?

& what do we know about it after it was sunk?

What conclusions about the effects of Klarion's "sinking" about it can we make as to what should have happened?

Also, is it accurate there were/are only 7 Chaos Lords, all equally powerful?

Also, concerningly, I read this unsourced claim about Word of God in the Young Justice General Discussion Thread:

The question: "In episode 9 of YJ Phantoms, when the new chaos lord (child) is coming to Earth, on screen there are 10 Lords of Chaos and 11 Lords of Order but then after this point, both Chaos and Order respectively only have 8 Lords shown on screen. Was the time the screen showed more than 8 Lords from each side an animation error or are there actually more than 8 Lords from each side?"

Greg's answer: "There are probably thousands of Chaos Lords and thousands of Lords of Order. How many are gathered at any given moment is variable."

I don't know of the source in case we need to cite this, but it's probably good to get the source. Also, if there are "probably thousands" of Chaos Lords, then there's a problem with this proposal:
As a note, Klarion doesn't scale to the full yield of this feat. He was empowered by all the Lords of Chaos. However in this same episode, Klarion is shocked that Child is so much more powerful than him, implying all Lords of Chaos should be equal. Child also reveals she's empowered by all the other Lords of Chaos. I believe there are seven, so he should scale to 1/7th of the calc.
Do we know of any indication only seven Chaos Lords were in existence, participating or empowering Klarion for the sinking of Atlantis?

Because otherwise, his sinking of Atlantis may have been fueled by "probably thousands" of other Chaos Lords.

Okay....

What do we know about the state of Atlantis before it was sunk? The sky? The buildings? The locations? Any shots on the globe or statements or such?

& what do we know about it after it was sunk?

What conclusions about the effects of Klarion's "sinking" about it can we make as to what should have happened?

Also, concerningly, I read this unsourced claim about Word of God in the Young Justice General Discussion Thread:

The question: "In episode 9 of YJ Phantoms, when the new chaos lord (child) is coming to Earth, on screen there are 10 Lords of Chaos and 11 Lords of Order but then after this point, both Chaos and Order respectively only have 8 Lords shown on screen. Was the time the screen showed more than 8 Lords from each side an animation error or are there actually more than 8 Lords from each side?"

Greg's answer: "There are probably thousands of Chaos Lords and thousands of Lords of Order. How many are gathered at any given moment is variable."

I don't know of the source in case we need to cite this, but it's probably good to get the source. Also, if there are "probably thousands" of Chaos Lords, then there's a problem with this proposal:

Do we know of any indication only seven Chaos Lords were in existence, participating or empowering Klarion for the sinking of Atlantis?

Because otherwise, his sinking of Atlantis may have been fueled by "probably thousands" of other Chaos Lords.
We had a clip of it but YouTube said no and took it down

And we already discussed that it wasn’t stated that they were empowering him at the time and was merely personal interpretation

We had a clip of it but YouTube said no and took it down

And we already discussed that it wasn’t stated that they were empowering him at the time and was merely personal interpretation
So Klarion did the feat solo?

In that case, we need to figure out what types of destruction/movement feats were involved.

Does anyone have a new link for footage?
I mean you could measure the size of the continent of Atlantis in comparison to South America
Why South America?

So Klarion did the feat solo?

In that case, we need to figure out what types of destruction/movement feats were involved.

Does anyone have a new link for footage?

Why South America?
South America was nearby Atlantis as it sunk so we know roughly the size it was compared to it

Here's an image of the quote and then here's the actual source of the quote.

Ah yes, somehow I forgot about the fact that Atlantis's continent on the globe is shown.
It doesn't give us a clear timeframe (Since it's a timelapse over a globe.) but it does indicate the size of the continent of Atlantis.

View of Atlantis on a globe starts at the linked time.

Unfortunately, Klarion's face is on screen too long, surprisingly enough; It makes it harder to make out the details of the globe before the globe view fades in. Once the globe view fades in, we can see the Atlantean continent has come into view, but its borders are already contracting from the sinking.

Apologies if a Discord link such as this is not ideal.

The video can be gone through frame by frame using the . & , keys. (Period & comma keys.)

But I guess I'm reiterating things already known, aren't I? <//<

Anyway, it seems like besides the buildings collapsing, we see that there was time for citizens to react, & at least 1 of the mages to attempt to place the falling rubble back into place before being crushed by a statue's falling head.

The narration then says "Nor did it end there. The Chaos Lords enjoyed the show & called for an encore. Klarion could not be sated by 1 Atlantean city. His appetite grew & grew, until the entire continent, & all its treasures, sank beneath the waves."

So there was also time for the Chaos Lords to be entertained seemingly (However much or little time they may have needed.) & decide for more, with Klarion being involved in &/or following up on that decision, & the time it took.

& based on the claim that "his appetite grew & grew", there was likely time in-between the sinking of at least 1 city & another (Be that the first & the rest or whichever & however many.) where they decided to sink more cities, even if that decision-making was quick.
I have no idea if "sank beneath the waves" is euphemistic/flowery language; Atlantis is literally underwater now. Who knows if THAT means anything for timeframe.

So yeah, I can see "a few minutes" as being a reasonable timeframe, more or less.
But I hope this summation of events can help evaluate what is a reasonable timeframe, & this indication of the visuals may help determine the size of Atlantis.

BTW, how do we know it wasn't an earthquake? Collapsing buildings, falling rubble. Not to mention, a continent sunk; Usually, there's something, like a foundation or tectonic plates or something between the above-sea-level-land & the sea floor it sinks to. Something holding the land up, no? Presumably, the island sunk because some of that "in-between land" was destroyed or displaced, possibly because of an earthquake, no? (Sorry if I'm misunderstanding anything.)

Anyway, hopefully this is appreciable &/or helpful.

Anyway, do we have sufficient information about Klarion's Atlantis feat to get it calculated, or is it too uncertain, due to the unknown timeframe/energy output per second involved?

No problem. Thank you for helping out.

So is the Atlantis feat all that we have left to discuss here then?

If you can ask Dark-Carioca, the guy who did the previous calc for klarion, and ask for his opinion if he's not busy, that should help.

On a separate note, I think a profile for Child, the other chaos lord, would be cool.

No problem. Thank you for helping out.

If you can ask Dark-Carioca, the guy who did the previous calc for klarion, and ask for his opinion if he's not busy, that should help.
@Dark-Carioca

Are you willing to help out here please?
On a separate note, I think a profile for Child, the other chaos lord, would be cool.
Don't we already have a page for her?

Don't we already have a page for her?
Oh I see it now, yeah her profile is not linked on the Young Justice profile page which caused some confusion and I had to manually search her up. I can go ahead and apply the same durability upgrade to her profile like with Klarion and Fate.

Additionally, if others agree, I would like to make some other edits to her profile. It states that she is superior to Klarion and Fate without her amp from the other chaos lords, but Child herself stated: "I still have more than enough power stored up to eliminate the likes of all of you.", which means she had leftover energy from the chaos lords and used that energy to get an advantage over Klarion and Fate. We never actually seen Child in base fight but it's pretty likely she would be equal to Klarion the same way he is equal to Fate.

But anyway, I'll just apply the already agreed upon durability upgrade for Child and leave what I propose alone until others comment on it.

Last edited:
I personally think that your suggestion seems to make sense. What do the rest of you think?

Oh I see it now, yeah her profile is not linked on the Young Justice profile page which caused some confusion and I had to manually search her up. I can go ahead and apply the same durability upgrade to her profile like with Klarion and Fate.

Additionally, if others agree, I would like to make some other edits to her profile. It states that she is superior to Klarion and Fate without her amp from the other chaos lords, but Child herself stated: "I still have more than enough power stored up to eliminate the likes of all of you.", which means she had leftover energy from the chaos lords and used that energy to get an advantage over Klarion and Fate. We never actually seen Child in base fight but it's pretty likely she would be equal to Klarion the same way he is equal to Fate.

But anyway, I'll just apply the already agreed upon durability upgrade for Child and leave what I propose alone until others comment on it.
So a likely key for her unshown base self, a key for her stored up, & a key for her when amped?

Also, I forget: Did Child ever communicate with Telepathy?

So a likely key for her unshown base self, a key for her stored up, & a key for her when amped?
I'm not sure if she needs separate keys, but maybe something simple like this:

At least Large Building level, likely higher (Likely equal to Klarion and Doctor Fate), far higher with the added power of all the Lords of Chaos (Received the combined power of all the Chaos Lords, making her immensely superior to the combined force of Klarion, Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Etrigan and other Magic wielders and allowing her to casually defeat them)
Also, I forget: Did Child ever communicate with Telepathy?
Not that I remember, but if Klarion can do it, then she should too.

I'm not sure if she needs separate keys, but maybe something simple like this:

At least Large Building level, likely higher (Likely equal to Klarion and Doctor Fate), far higher with the added power of all the Lords of Chaos (Received the combined power of all the Chaos Lords, making her immensely superior to the combined force of Klarion, Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Etrigan and other Magic wielders and allowing her to casually defeat them)

Not that I remember, but if Klarion can do it, then she should too.
That seems fine to me at least.

I wonder what happened to @Dark-Carioca ; Hovering over his username in this thread, it claims he was last seen July 9th, so it's been practically a month. Perhaps I'm being too intrusive, but I hope he's okay.

I wonder what happened to @Dark-Carioca ; Hovering over his username in this thread, it claims he was last seen July 9th, so it's been practically a month. Perhaps I'm being too intrusive, but I hope he's okay.
He last visited our wiki yesterday, so it seems like he is fine.

Shouldn’t clarion at least get city level from destroying the city tho? We clearly have a shot of him destroying the city
We need a calculation for that feat, not guesswork. City level does not automatically equal destroying cities of any size, at any timeframe, and via any method.

What Antvasima said. As the Tiering & Attack Potency pages explain, IIRC, things like City Level corresponds to the required energy to create destroy a given, approximated quantity of matter based on averages, definitions, & such.
The arbitrary theshold of matter that we rate as a "City", & the energy to create/destroy it, are the basis for qualifying as City Level.

In the real world, the definition of a City is often a little more nebulous, & the line is blurred even more in fiction, with many fictional cities being at an extreme end of a size for a "city", be that extremely big for a "city", or extremely small for a "city"; Hence us using pre-defined ranges of energy, based on some metric, since it's otherwise not appreciably consistent what would "qualify".

At least, as I understand it. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding/misrepresenting.

Last edited:
Imaginym is basically correct, except that Polar-kun defined several of the energy borders for our tiers seemingly almost randomly over 9 years ago, and we have only been able to modify a part of them afterwards, given that we cannot rewrite the tiers for around 15,000-20,000 pages, and all of the calculation blogs that they are based on at this point, and that DontTalk told us that any new numbers we choose would have to be largely arbitrary or at least ill-fitting anyway.

Imaginym is basically correct, except that Polar-kun defined several of the energy borders for our tiers seemingly almost randomly over 9 years ago, and we have only been able to modify a part of them afterwards, given that we cannot rewrite the tiers for around 15,000-20,000 pages, and all of the calculation blogs that they are based on at this point, and that DontTalk told us that any new numbers we choose would have to be largely arbitrary or at least ill-fitting anyway.
what tier is the feat then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back