• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gilgamesh saw that Lex Luthor stole his match against Doctor Doom so he decided to go show the CEO of Lexcorp who owns all of Earth's treasures, including Death Battle matchups. Lex, of course, expected this to happen, and prepared for the King of Hero's assault.

Rules: Speed Equalized. This is DCAU Lex in his Warsuit against Servant Gilgamesh. Gil lacks his armor and is restricted to Low 7-B. Lex has prior knowledge and two hours of prep time. The fight takes place in Lexcorp Tower. Otherwise SBA.

latest.png
latest.png
Uses technology and wears green:

Last edited:
Ah yes let's use his match against shirou that was even stated by the author that is near impossible feat to achieve against gilgamesh

Ah yes let's use his match against shirou that was even stated by the author that is near impossible feat to achieve against gilgamesh

"near"

It still happened, so "Gil better haxes, gg" needs a better argument behind it.

"near"

It still happened, so "Gil better haxes, gg" needs a better argument behind it.
Yes near impossible
I Never said that he would just hax the guy he's against till death but i did say to not use shirou as it as an example Because he's the situation that happened is far away from "standard"

Tho, all 3 timelines, 2 of them Gil didn’t use much (if at all, if I remembered) hax right before he died.

tl:dr- I vote Gilgamesh.

Since speed is evened out here, I'll be taking a rough look at their AP, durability, and hax.

Lex looks like he has an edge in endurance since he's taken on Superman a few times, but even against him, Supes is basically always holding back, and he tends to weaken him with Kryptonite based weaponry anyway, so we could really only scale him to the other main cast of Justice League, none of whom can hit nearly that hard, except Flash, who defeated him pretty quickly once he went all out, so I can't put him past small city level, which Gilgamesh can reach easily with his Gates of Babylon. Hell, Gilgamesh has been able to block hits from Hercules, who can bust mountains, with individual shots. Sure, without his armor, Gilgamesh has lost his arm against Shirou, but even then, he still survived both that and a headshot from Archer, only dying due to being absorbed by the Holy Grail. Point being, both combatants are perfectly capable of killing the other.

As for hax, I'd have to give that to Gil, but barely. In the DCAU, Lex has a talisman that can protect him from some forms of magic, making the use of mind altering NPs or Gil's supernatural charisma ineffective, though Gil really wouldn't rely on that to begin with, and that wouldn't stop the physical damage of his weapons. It may be true that given time, Lex could design a weapon or device that could damage or outright deplete Gilgamesh's mana, even to the point of losing his gates, but given how different Fate's magic is from the DCAU, and his lack of direct experience with even his own world's magic, he probably wouldn't be able to do it in just two hours. Hell, even with help from the Atom, he wasn't able to counter AMAZO's nanotech, despite being its original creator. Even if his intelligence was still boosted by his brief bond with Braniac, Gil could easily perceive the outcome of losing his magic or being led into a trap, especially through his precognition, which has helped him discern deception and falsehoods in the past.

At this point, the only way for Lex Luthor to win would be to overpower or outlast him, since setting him up to lose his mana would be an unreliable strategy, and given the strength of his gates of babylon, the fact that he can create them almost anywhere, and Luthor's own arrogance being more likely to push Gilgamesh into using more of his power at once, I think Gilgamesh would take this more times than not.

Edit: mixed up some terms

Last edited:
Some stuff about Lex that isn't apparent from his profile (it needs more work.)

1. War suit Lex on his own sucks as far as scaling goes, as he is likely far bellow even Wonder Woman in that aspect. Most of the time he's even able to trade blows against the other Tier 7s at all is because they're trying not to kill him or because of his kryptonite cancer powered weapons.
2. This Lex is playing host to Brainiac who at any point can forcibly manifest, control, and enhance Lex's body. Warsuit Lex is a version of him thats years past the date when Brainiac secretly injected himself into Lex via nanites. This isn't really something that can be removed either as it's heavily implied Brainiac was responsible for subduing Lex's late stage Kryptonite cancer in the first place.
Big reason why Lex needs more keys because he has Brainiac in him from Early STAS Season 2 up until JLU's Season 2 Finale.

2.1. When Brainiac does take over or grant Lex additional support he give him enough power to simultaneously take on All 7 Founding Members of the Justice League solo. While he may not win in that scenario 9 times out of 10, those results are still only a pipe dream when Lex is on his own.
2.2 On top of the added strength Brainiac also "provides" Lex with limited access to abilities Brainiac would have naturally. I get this isn't entirely relevant to this match up, just context on what I said about Lex's profile.
2.3 Brainiac doesn't exactly care for Lex outside of him being a husk and will only manifest should it be absolutely necessary. Also I remember it was implied post Justice League fight Brainiac had to flee due to low power. Might be wrong but he can't stay manifested forever.

3. Getting back to other stuff, Given way less than 2 hours of prep and prior knowledge this Lex was capable of building a device specifically designed to counter a being who previously treated the entire OG Justice League like chumps by completely disassembling them at a atomic level (Didn't work because A.M.A.Z.O. "transcended those limitations" but still.) Also after being separated from Brainiac Luthor was stated to be one of the smartest beings in the universe by virtue of surviving the source wall, something even beings such as the Time manipulative and Clairvoyant Metron was scared shitless of. Apart from Lex, the only other characters who can confirmably match his intelligence in verse are Brainiac 5, and Darkseid.

Now all that said, don't count what I'm saying as a vote, just patching up holes and the like for context.

Edit: Something else I just noticed about when Brainiac possessed Luthor in that scene, When he latched himself to the Lex Corp Building he was able to transmutate it into a technological being of which he had full control over. Culminating in that Giant Brainiac robot that the JL ended up fighting.

Last edited:
Back