• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach and Acausality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this isn't really me pushing for Yhwach to get Acausality on his profile; however, I am a bit confused and have questions about Acausality, Causality and Yhwach himself.

Acasuality is resistance or immunity to Cause and Effect, or resistance to Causality Manipulation. Now, Yhwach has "Resistance to Causality Manipulation" on his profile, thus I wondered why he didn't have Acausality or if my understanding of Acausality isn't as good as I thought. Upon perusing the page for Acausality, Yhwach fits the description via his "Resistance to Causality Manipulation"; however, he doesn't appear to perfectly fit the descriptions for any of the types of Acausality listed on the page (Types 1-5). He perfectly fits the description for Acausality, but none of the types. The closest one he seems to fit would be Type 4:

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Yhwach has resistance to Causality Manipulation and Precognition, but he never demonstrated resistance to Fate Manipulation (in fact, Yhwach was able to manipulate his own fate when he rewrote his death in the future).

What I'd like to do in this CRT is layout all the feats and statements surrounding Yhwach that grant him his resistance to Causality Manipulation, Precognition and even new information provided from the Volume 3 of the Bleach novel, Can't Fear Your Own World.

Resistance to Causality Manipulation
Yhwach has resistance to Causality Manipulation as listed on his profile: Resistance to Causality Manipulation (Orihime couldn't bring back the Soul King even through her power to reject past events and causality), through Orihime. So I would like to expound upon this:

Orihime's Power
Orihime has the unique ability to heal her targets; however, as explained by Aizen, this ability is not a simple healing ability nor something exotic like temporal or spatial regression. Orihime's Shun Shun Rikka are able to reject phenomena.

Her Shun Shun Rikka reject the event that caused the damage to her target in order for the target to return to it's original state. The cause of the damage is removed, thus the effect of the damage is removed as the cause never happened.

Now how does this connect to Yhwach?

The most direct way Yhwach scales to this is through Orihime attempting to reject an event Yhwach caused in order to remove the effect (in this case, Orihime attempted to reject Yhwach breaking Ichigo's Bankai, but she was unable to do so, thus it remained broken).

In order to circumvent this, a new past had to be recreated for Ichigo's Bankai that Orihime could reject the events up to, thus restore the Bankai to a newly created past event.

The Soul King's Causality Manipulation Resistance
The Soul King as well has an even further direct resistance to Causality Manipulation through Orihime that Yhwach scales to: The Soul King had died and was unable to have it's death rejected by Orihime's powers as her powers had no effect on him.

• Yhwach didn't kill him with the Almighty, so he wasn't resistant through Yhwach.
Why this matters is due to the fact that Yhwach absorbed the Soul King and his powers for himself. He legitmately obtains the Soul King's powers as Yhwach became the Soul King and now held the fate of the worlds in his hands, the main ability of the Soul King.

Thus, these two points being where Yhwach achieves his Resistance to Causality Manipulation.

Resistance to Precognition
Per Yhwach's profile: Resistance to Precognition (After absorbing Mimihagi, Yhwach should've gained its power to evade even his own sight)

A rather simple one as both Mimihagi (right arm of the Soul King) and the Soul King itself are immune to the precognition of Yhwach's Almighty. Yhwach could not see them in the futures as they were immune to the precognition.

Yhwach absorbs the powers and bodies of Mimihagi and the Soul King.

Resistance to "Life and Death" (Stagnation and Advancement)
Something rather new as it was more properly explained upon thanks to Volume 3 of Can't Fear Your Own World.

The Right Arm and the Left Arm of the Soul King represented "Stagnation" and "Advancement" respectively. The Soul King was a being of contradictions:

• "But the Tsunayashiro ancestor doubted even this non-resistance. Afraid of the Rei-o escaping from his seal by himself; he neither wanted the Rei-o to live nor did he want to kill him. Continuing this helix of contradictions, the Right Arm of 'stagnation' and the Left Arm of 'Progress' were torn off."
He was a being not of stagnation nor advancement (progress). He was a contradictory being that wasn't progressing but was not stagnate as well. This was done to prevent the Soul King from potentially rebelling against it's fate given the type of being he was in his contradictory self:

• "During that age, all of creation was in a state of ambiguity. There was neither life nor death; progression and regression flickered to and fro. Swaying and swaying slowly; this waning and waxing world waited for a hundred million years to cool down. Eventually, Hollows became a part of the circulation of souls... But before long, Hollows began devouring humans. And so, the circulation ceased. All those souls came together to form a gigantic Hollow, a Menos. The world became completely still. But you know, it's a strange thing. A new life came into being. As if the world itself naturally rejected it, he destroyed it and turned it into sands of reishi; thus, circulation began once again."
The Soul King was a being not of life nor death while also not stagnant nor advancement. It was not of life nor death given that the concepts did not exist until the Soul King made those concepts possible later on.

All of this circling back to Yhwach as he took in the Soul King for himself including the Right and Left Arms. He became the Soul King after doing so. Having Stagnation and Advancement while also not of life nor death.

With all the information and evidence laid out I'd like to ask a few questions now:

• Does Yhwach qualify for Acausality?
  • If so: which Type?
  • If not: then what, if anything, does he qualify for with these esoteric resistances to Causality Manipulation, Precognition, Advancement (Progression), Stagnation and "the cycles of Life and Death".

I've wondered the same thing as well regarding the status of the Reio and his arms. They have pretty interesting descriptions. Based off definition alone I'd say Type 4 is the closest? Resistance to Fate Manipulation seems to be the only thing missing from what I can see. I suggest you message some staff members since they frequently discuss topics like this.

Type 4 Acausality has been the most confusing one since it's different from one verse to another. Although one thing I am sure that merely having resistance to Causality manip and precogs doesn't always grants one character Acausality.

Also, why did Yhwach have Causality manip resistance? Sure he negs Orihime's own Causality manip, but pretty sure it was because the Almighty was so potent that it cannot be rejected that easily even by Causality manip.

Also, didn't Jugram also stated that Uryu's Antithesis (which is Causality manip) can counter the Almighty?

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Also, why should Yhwach have Causality manip resistance? Sure he negs Orihime's own Causality manip, but pretty sure it was because the Almighty was so potent that it cannot be rejected that easily even by Causality manip.
Yhwach already has Causality Manipulation because of Orihime's Causality Manipulation not working against the Almighty. As well as her Causality Manipulation not working on the Soul King who Yhwach absorbs, thus further granting it to himself.

Also, didn't Jugram also stated that Uryu's Antithesis (which is Causality manip) can counter the Almighty?
Uryu is a unique case because he was stated to be immune to Yhwach's powers and to have a hidden power that surpassed Yhwach's own previously by Yhwach (Anti-Thesis was revealed to be said power later by Jugram).

Thanks for the input though.

@Beast

He already has it because of how his absorption works and soul king status (he gains their power) and because her power was ineffective against the former king.

As for Uryu he is an unknown, as of now his power is beneath The Almighty. And to be frank he has quite a long way to go to even contend with Almighty as stated by Yhwach himself it's just a power that has the potential to contend with it, although he gets shit on by The Balance.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
@Imade
Oh, that makes sense then.

Also, about the stagnation and advancement thing sounds just like type 1 Immortality to me.
I never noticed that, but yeah it does seem like Type 1 since people never died of age, they just kept living since there was no death.

What does anyone else think about it?

In general, type 4 acausality needs an explanation about why/how said character operates on a different system of causality (To use an example i'm familiar with, Homura Akemi has type 4 acausality because it's explained that she transcends regular laws of causality).

If there isn't a specific explanation for that, i'd only list the resistances to be safe.

It's more or less like the difference between a character that resists soul destruction, and one who is stated to lack a soul. In the first case you know that they resist, but not how, in the second case you know the reason for the resistance, so you can deduce how far it goes.

Kaltias said:
In general, type 4 acausality needs an explanation about why/how said character operates on a different system of causality (To use an example i'm familiar with, Homura Akemi has type 4 acausality because it's explained that she transcends regular laws of causality).
If there isn't a specific explanation for that, i'd only list the resistances to be safe.
I see, so Type 4 wouldn't work. I'm assuming the other types would not work as well then?

So a character can have "Resistance to Causality Manipulation", but not actually apply for "Acausality"?

To my understanding and what I had thought I knew, you get Acausality via resistance to Causality Manipulation, so I'm still wrapping my head around this.

Don't think that it should be acausality but the resistances are obviously fine.

In general, acausality is more about people explaining your state of existence compared to regular cause and effect.

You can get type 1 for surviving a paradox, but that's really about it, you'd need an explanation for the others.

Acausality and resistance to causality manip are related, but not the same. Acausality is "this person defies causality in those ways so logically they wouldn't be affected by X", resistance is simply "he resisted it".

I see then, thanks to you both for properly explaining this to me as well as providing an example. I couldn't ask for anymore.

If you'd like to close this, Kaltias, then you may do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back