• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one interpretation, yes, I am unconvinced by it. I think it is far more likely that he could never use the individual Schrifts, just like how he can't use the individual Zanpakuto of all of the Shinigami that died during the war.

Bad Example

Yhwach himself gives the Sternritter their schrifts and bestows their abilities so they were his in the 1st place

For the Dead Soul Reapers and Soldats he's simply taking their overall power not their Zanpaktou abilities.

AppleLord said:
He showed that he had "nothing" when he was born. No sight, touch, taste, voice or hearing. He gained those the same way you mentioned. ;-;
Fair enough, I'll grant you we have evidence that he gained senses, a voice and strength. That is pretty much all we've seen from him though...

And you're right that the line happened in a single chapter.

Hst master said:
Bad Example

Yhwach himself gives the Sternritter their schrifts and bestows their abilities so they were his in the 1st place

For the Dead Soul Reapers and Soldats he's simply taking their overall power not their Zanpaktou abilities.
But that's not what that chapter said. It didn't say:

"Yhwach gains the Schrifts from Sternritter he absorbs, and general power from everyone else."

It's "Yhwach gains abilities, talents and knowledge from anyone his soul has touched."

He should have all the abilities of the deceased quincy on his profile, the argument against seem like the argument from incredulity fallacy, it's true he doesn't use the powers but that is simply because he has the greatest power already "The Almighty".We have multiple scans and statements of how Yhwach works,his whole thing is to give and take away.

When Yhwach is asleep his powers and Jugram swap and he gains "The Balance" which is probability manipulation a power that he gave to Jugram,that is the most blatant example of him having another power that he bestowed upon another Quincy.He probably used The Balace against Lilotto.
0635-001
0635-003
0635-004

0630-018

0630-015
This is more evidence of Life Manipulation right here as well.
Life Stealing/Instant Death: Some life manipulators are able to steal life energy or simply remove the life energy from an opponent's body to grievously harm or kill the target.

What I propose is as following

• Life Manipulation
  • Reactive Power Level
  • Summoning
  • Corrosion Inducement
  • Probability Manipulation' (if it's night time)
  • And the addition of the remaining dead sternritter abilities.

I am opposed to adding the Sternritter abilities to him, but if people think that they belong then it might as well be consistent and add every single Quincy and Shinigami abilities that died to him.

Damage3245 said:
I am opposed to adding the Sternritter abilities to him, but if people think that they belong then it might as well be consistent and add every single Quincy and Shinigami abilities that died to him.
He doesn't have any Shinigami power nothing implies it at all or makes sense, it's implied quite clearly it's the sternritters.

Damage3245 said:
are u not from r/wwww? i seen u b4. nice to see someone similar on this god forsaken wiki

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
He doesn't have any Shinigami power nothing implies it at all or makes sense, it's implied quite clearly it's the sternritters.
Yhwach scatters his soul throughout the Seireitei / Wandenreich.

Haschwalth makes it clear in that chapter that no matter who dies, Shinigami or Quincy, that Yhwach will continue to get stronger. Therefore he gets powered up from both Shinigami and Quincy.

Therefore it isn't unique to the Sternritter.

Point out to me where it says in the manga he will only gain the abilities of Sternritter?

Ywach stealing abilities from other Species isn't really out there, he did so while an infant,he did give his surbourdinates bankai stealing medallions.

My theory is...he steals abilities from whomever forms letter with them and impart them in quincies,quincy trains develops said abilities and he takes them back.

Damage3245 said:
Yhwach scatters his soul throughout the Seireitei / Wandenreich.
Haschwalth makes it clear in that chapter that no matter who dies, Shinigami or Quincy, that Yhwach will continue to get stronger. Therefore he gets powered up from both Shinigami and Quincy.

Therefore it isn't unique to the Sternritter.

Point out to me where it says in the manga he will only gain the abilities of Sternritter?
The scan your talking about is power,whoever dies further amplies his strenght and extend his life.Althought it is true he can steal the powers of others as well via other techniques.But the sternritter abilites are quite specific because he gave it to them for "cultivation" and eventually they will come back to him.

> The scan your talking about is power,whoever dies further amplies his strenght and extend his life.

Which he does so by absorbing their abilities, talents and knowledge. That's what Haschwalth said earlier.

It is not something specific to Quincy or Sternritter.

This whole thing is derived from the statement he absorbs abilities, and that statement is not referring to only the Sternritter but to everyone that his soul has touched.

Damage3245 said:
> The scan your talking about is power,whoever dies further amplies his strenght and extend his life.
Which he does so by absorbing their abilities, talents and knowledge. That's what Haschwalth said earlier.

It is not something specific to Quincy or Sternritter.

This whole thing is derived from the statement he absorbs abilities, and that statement is not referring to only the Sternritter but to everyone that his soul has touched.
Shinigami abilites are tied speficially to their zanpaktou so no he doesn't gain those abilities as well.It spefically stated in that scenario he gained their power and life. He can take Schrifts because it explicitly says that his soul helps make that ability and it merges with their soul, so since he steals it back he takes the soul that contains the Schrift. This doesn't apply to Shinigami from what we know since he doesn't help form their abilities.

Nothing in the manga says he only takes the abilities of people that he's helped to form their abilities.

It is specifically this: Anyone that touches Yhwach's soul will have their abilities, talents and knowledge absorbed by him when they die.

And Haschwalth makes it clear that all of the Shinigami and Quincy have touched Yhwach's soul as a result of Yhwach scattering it through the first battle.

It does not say "Yhwach only can take and use Schrifts".

@Damage3245

He doesn't get the Zanpaktou abilities,the only one that could be argued for would be Ichigo since Zangetsu is half of Yhwach.The schrifts have solid evidence since they were his in the 1st place.This is the 1st i've ever heard of Yhwach having zanpaktou abilities.

I would only agree he takes talents and knowledge of the Shinigami that have died. It's a specific way that he steals Schrifts, it works by him sharing his soul with another. Then the soul merges and overtime it blossoms into abilities and the Schrift. Upon their death he takes his soul back which has merged with their soul and blossomed the Schrift there. Thus why he takes the Schrift. This process wouldn't occur on a Shinigami, so now Schrift to take and it wouldn't affect Zanpakuto. How he stole Ichigo's was a different direct method similar to with Mimihagi and the Soul King.

So yeah it's a boost, but unquantifiable.

@Damage3245
He doesn't get the Zanpaktou abilities,the only one that could be argued for would be Ichigo since Zangetsu is half of Yhwach.The schrifts have solid evidence since they were his in the 1st place.This is the 1st i've ever heard of Yhwach having zanpaktou abilities.
Guess what, Yhwach has never shown the ability to use any Schrifts prior to giving them out to other people too, so them being "his in the first place" isn't really relevant.

You say "He doesn't get the Zanpakuto abilities", I would like to see your evidence for that claim. Because that's pretty much how I feel about giving him the Schrift abilities.

Literally because he gives them the power in order to build it up for him like IMade stated, he doesn't have any zanpaktou abilities and nothing implies he does(except Zanka No Tachi).Your trying to equal schrifts to zanpakuto when the process is completely different.This is clearly argument from incredulity fallacy.

We know how schrifts are made and we know how he takes them away,there is much more evidence for schrifts then random zanpakuto abilities.

Who's zanpakuto abilities would he even have,all of the fodder soldiers?

> This is clearly argument from incredulity fallacy.

This has nothing to do with that.

This here is the page that this is all based on.

The argument is that since Sternritter have Schrifts (abilities), and their abilities go to Yhwach when they die, then Yhwach must be able to use the Schrifts.

If that is true, then it applies to every single character that died during the Thousand Year Blood War, not just Sternritter. This would include Yama, Yama's assistant, Unohana, and any other deceased characters from the final arc.

Damage, you know you're being a bit fallacious there, right?

That page is not what we base Yhwach taking Schrifts. That page is support to show how Yhwach does it.

By engraving the Schrift (the Schrift is the piece of Yhwach's soul that he imparts onto them) onto their soul it then in turn and over time blossoms into the Schrift.

Yhwach didn't do that with the Shinigami. There was no blossoming of Schrift among the Shinigami, but it is true that pieces of his soul were spread throughout the fight and that he would have reclaimed the souls of those that died. But that's literally it.

I would only agree he takes talents and knowledge of the Shinigami that have died. This process wouldn't occur on a Shinigami, thus no Schrift to take from Shinigami and it wouldn't affect Zanpakuto. How he stole Ichigo's was a different direct method similar to with Mimihagi and the Soul King.

So yeah it's a boost, but unquantifiable.

I would like to add that ywach was born with nothing and no abilities,and he also predates the quincies.so he had to have gotten the abilities from somewhere before giving them to Quincies.

Bankai stealing medallions that he gave his surbourdinates still suggest he is capable of stealing abilities of other species,add on Gerard miracle which was never his and him absorbing just about anything with abilities.i think it's pretty logical.

I agree there are no feats but logical conclusions

> That page is not what we base Yhwach taking Schrifts. That page is support to show how Yhwach does it.

Err, that page is the page being used to support Yhwach taking abilities from anyone his soul has touched.

The letter-engraving imparts a bigger portion of Yhwach's soul but has nothing to do with Yhwach gaining the persons abilities or not.

if ywach can take soul king and mimihagi abilities,both higher beings by the way..not being able to take a mere soul reaper ability is just redundant.ywach can steal abilities from just about anything he puts his soul in

It does support that Yhwach taking abilities, talents and knowledge. This I agree with. Anymore I disagree with.

The letter engraving shows how he bestows Schrifts and how they blossom into that specific Schrift for him to take. He can't do this with the Shinigami, so when he takes their souls nothing besides abilities, talents and knowledge is being taken. Thus things like Zanpakuto aren't taken.

If Zanpakuto were abilities that could be easily stolen via this method, the purpose of the Medallion is redundant.

Since Zanpakuto were orignally their own souls through the Asauchi, I don't see it as an inherent ability of the Shinigami.

The purpose of the Medallion was to allow his subordinates to steal Bankai as well, not just himself.

And again, if his soul was scattered throughout Seireitei then wouldn't it also come into contact with the Zanpakuto, as well as the Shinigami?

He used a Medallion though.

Shinigami are literally walking souls, so it makes sense for them to be affected. But the souls of the Zanpakuto aren't out and about.

Yeah, he used the Medallion to deprive Yama of his Bankai. That doesn't also mean he can't have the ability to take Yama's abilities after killing him.

And he also has Sankt Altar, remember? You might as well ask why Yhwach didn't use Sankt Altar to steal Yama's power.

> Shinigami are literally walking souls, so it makes sense for them to be affected. But the souls of the Zanpakuto aren't out and about.

Does it say that the affected individual needs their soul be out and about?

From what we know of Sank Altar, it wouldn't take Zanpakutos, but inherent abilities yes.

So using it on Yama would just take Yama's powers minus his Zanpakuto... which is honestly useless to Yhwach when he was so high above Yama.

It doesn't say the individuals soul must be out and about, but Yhwach has to merge the piece of his soul with theirs. I'd assume it to be easy on a walking soul that is out and about than a sealed soul.

@imade seems to have a point,its plausible that he can steal it(zanpaktou abilities),there is no doubt.but he has various power steal techniques for different situations.so the casual soul spread may not be the zanpakutou stealing kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back