• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
> From what we know of Sank Altar, it wouldn't take Zanpakutos, but inherent abilities yes.

Wasn't he trying to take Ichibe's Zanpakuto using Sankt Altar?

Nah, he was trying to take Ichibei's ability that let him have control over the color black. Ichibei's Zanpakuto only erases name in Shikai and rewrites names in Bankai.

I think that Soldier Blue makes sense.

Well, I think that his evaluations made sense when I read them, and did not have the time to read the entire thread.

He didn't really say much to be honest,we already agreed on some things in the thread.

• Life Manipulation
  • Summoning
  • Reactive Power Leevel
  • Corrosion Inducement
  • Probability Manipulation
  • Portal Creation changed to Dimensonal Travel
It also seems his page incomplete since it list only 3 out of many of powers he steals,and from what I seen people like to use this version of him with all the powers so how will they know what all the powers are if not on his profile?

The only points refuted were as following.

• Death Manipulation (because of it being vague I guess)
  • Dimensonal Manipulation (Since manipulating the matter in the atmosphere wasn't enough evidence)
  • Type 1 immortality (because of lack of evidence to suggest it isn't longevity)

Well, you can ask Soldier Blue to comment again via his message wall. He is the current staff member who likely knows most about Bleach.

Um, where in the world is Probability Manip coming from?

Sorry, it's 4 am where im at, threads too long, im too tired to read through all of this. Not up for it.

Damage3245 said:
I am opposed to adding the Sternritter abilities to him, but if people think that they belong then it might as well be consistent and add every single Quincy and Shinigami abilities that died to him.
I too am against it.

Removing them would be best. Add Yhwach only gains their power as in a "Boost" of power or something. Should Base Yhwach after killing Yamamoto still have Niazol letter with his aide in combat like he showed in the manga?

I was pro getting them back in the day, but have since changed my stance to against when considering everything that did (and did not) happen before bleach finished.

AppleLord said:
Removing them would be best. Add Yhwach only gains their power as in a "Boost" of power or something. Should Base Yhwach after killing Yamamoto still have Niazol letter with his aide in combat like he showed in the manga?
Except this would be dishonest,are we just going to ignore the source material and say he doesn't have the powers that were explained in detail the process in how he obtains it simply because he never used them?

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Except this would be dishonest,are we just going to ignore the source material and say he doesn't have the powers that were explained in detail the process in how he obtains it simply because he never used them?
It was explained in a single chapter and never brought up again afterwards. Or demonstrated by the character for the rest of the story.

It's not dishonest to remove the abilities he may have possibly absorbed that he may possibly be able to use, because he has never been shown to actually be able to use them,

But he did absorb them and was able to use them, he just didn't. Using my sword analogy from earlier, if Yhwach was given a sword and never used it that doesn't mean the sword doesn't exist.

> and was able to use them

That's the part I'm skeptical about. We don't actually have confirmation anywhere that he can use the other Schrifts.

No it was explained in several scans,this is exactly what I was talking about argument from ignorance fallacy. We know how his powers works and it's implied he has the powers so he clearly has them even if he hasn't used them.His entire thing is taking from others what he doesn't have it's how he learned to breath,speak,walk,and hear.

> His entire thing is taking from others what he doesn't have it's how he learned to breath,speak,walk,and hear.

Notice I'm not arguing against him gaining the abilities breath, speak, walk and hear.

I'm saying he hasn't demonstrated the ability to use Schrifts used by other Sternritter, and that his ability to "gain the abilities, talents and knowledge of others who die" isn't enough justification to say he has every single Schrift hidden inside his body.

Damage3245 said:
That's the part I'm skeptical about. We don't actually have confirmation anywhere that he can use the other Schrifts.
What will you say next, that he can't use "The Balance" a schrift he designated to Jugram that we know he has since they specifically switch powers at a certain time of day?

What will you say next, that he can't use "The Balance" a schrift he designated to Jugram that we know he has since they specifically switch powers at a certain time of day?
No. I haven't argued against Yhwach having the Balance while he is asleep.

His and Jugram's power-swapping is demonstrated in the story and we see Jugram using the Almighty.

Although since Yhwach is asleep when he gains it and he doesn't have the 'Friend Shield' thing, he isn't exactly using it unless there are passive effects going on while the user is sleeping.

Damage3245 said:

He should be able to use "The Balance" because Jugram can use "The Almighty". Their Schrifts switch places.

I wonder how dumb was Uryu when he told Ichigo to kill Yhwach when he was sleeping. Lol

Point is this is him using a schrift that he gave another, your accepting half of the truth and completely rejecting the other out of personal belief.

The Freund Schild is irrelevant to the Balance,this is somemething Jugram has to amplify the potency by absorbing it all into an object and releasing it.

Yhwach also doesn't have to be always sleeping he clearly woke up when Lilotto tried to kill him in his sleep,it's implied "The Balance" protected him if you simply connect the dots.

> Point is this is him using a schrift that he gave another, your accepting half of the truth and completely rejecting the other out of personal belief.

That is because of a special relationship between him and Jugram swapping powers. Nothing to do with him absorbing abilities.

Also, funny that you say Yhwach is willing to use the Balance when he swaps it with Jugram, but is not willing to use the Balance when he supposedly absorbs it for himself in the final battles? Isn't that contradictory?

So which is it? Is he willing to use other characters abilities in battle or is he not?

Ask Kubo why Yhwach couldn't see an arrow flying towards his back?, the final battle was riddled with PIS.
This has nothing to do with topic at hand. But there are some explinatory events outhere in the web.

> Ask Kubo why Yhwach couldn't see an arrow flying towards his back?, the final battle was riddled with PIS.

The snarky answer there is that he wasn't looking in that direction.

Fan: "Why didn't Yhwach saw the arrow that Ishida shot at him?"

Kubo: "Because Ishida is Inmune to Yhwach's powers."

Fan: "Then how could he bestowed Ishida with a Schrift when his powers don't work on him?"

Kubo: "I meant to say that some of Yhwach's powers don't work on him."

Fan: "Why choose Auswhalen and Almighty to be the powers that don't work on him?"

Kubo: "It felt like a good idea at the time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back