• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang weakness Removal

Honestly, the fact that this information about Yang is so odd but definitive should warrant it being on her profile. It sets a standard for other characters like her that have stated or shown weaknesses like this, but while they don't overcome them flat out, they can adjust and work around them depending on the skill their opponent has in using said weakness.

It's an interesting discussion

because thus far no one has shown any proof that she has an outright weakness to kicks and so far people agree with that notion

Weekly said:
Try to incite drama like this again and im afraid i will have to report you. Stop with thefalse accusations immediately.
>False accusations

Dude said you removed that from the profile and you don't accept the evidence. That's not false at all.

WeeklyBattles said:
because thus far no one has shown any proof that she has an outright weakness to kicks and so far people agree with that notion
>No evidence

>Word of God

Someone call Dargoo or someone less stubborn to evaluate this.

The point we're making is that she should have on her profile that she struggles against fighters that use kicks. We all know that she can work around the weakness, but that doesn't take it away. That is literally all that has been argued for. It is backed up by the author himself that she struggles with kick based fighters. It's been said over and over again in two whole threads that you must be understanding where the thought process is coming from at this point.

I agree with the OP, this isn't a real weakness. It's like saying since I spec'd a little more into Ranged Combat, my weakness is melee combat. No? I'm just weaker in it in comparison to everything else I do. Another analogy would be if I were in school- I maintain an A average but I got a borderline A in Math. Does that make it my weakness? No, all it means is that I'm better at everything else in general.

Or hell, even Pokemon! I'm Electric so I'm Super Effective against Water. While I'm not Super Effective against Fire, it just does "Normal" Effectiveness. Not a weakness.

Also about canon- Neo is shown to be able to tussle with Cinder and required her to bust out her Maiden Powers. Not a weakness showing for Yang. Same for Mercury.

The only possible argument you can make is in her trailer and even then, she got pushed back literally all of once before jumping her and smashing her to the ground with no problems.

That isn't how any of this works it isn't about whether Yang can use kicks well it's the fact that the author states it to be her biggest weakness and in a fight scene two characters who are equal to each other do notably different vs Yang she absolutely stomps one and is given more difficulty by the author the series doesn't even contradict this

Insert creative name here 12 said:
So you're warning me about recounting events? Makes sense
Youre not, youre inciting drama by making an accusation that this had anything to do with the outcome of the thread the issue was discovered in. Just because a problem was found and fixed in a vs thread does not mean that the person who made the change did so out of bias.

The problem with your examples is that God himself didn't come down and say that your weakness is math, or that Neo is weak to magic. Monty himself, however, did say that Yang struggles with kick based fighters. He cites the yellow trailer for this fact, and in that trailer, a kick fighter lasted longer than a non kick fighter, despite both of them being weaker than Yang.

Also, no one said she has a weakness and cited Yang getting pushed back as the reason, that's just Weekly's phrasing to garner support for his side.

I don't get how that's inciting drama. The fact you altered a weakness relevant to the thread in question and would go as far as change the profile without letting anyone know and then disregard the provided evidence is suspect.

Because you're accusing me of having so ulterior movie when I was just fixing a mistake on the profile, and a lot of people so far agree with me

Wait.

Kicking is actually her weakness on here?

That's....hilarious. I mean, it's not wrong in terms of her fighting style, but it's also pretty funny. I wouldn't really consider that viable for weakness on a profile either because it's not a massive exploit.

Insert creative name here 12 said:
The fact that you've lied beforehand, did it without alerting anyone and are actively ignoring evidence makes it look like you have an ulterior motive
I did not lie, people vouched for that fact in the thread itself, and i did in fact say that i would be fising the profile in the thread.

Seeing as almost everyone on this thread so far agrees that its nut sufficient to call it a weakness you really cant just accuse me of ignoring evidence

I'm going to break down the entire fight that Monty uses to say Yang has a weakness to kicks.

First sister gets stomped and Yang goes for the second one. Yang rushes in, firing blasts and throwing punches at Melanie, but she deflects then all, They then begin weaving combos back and forth between each other, culminating in Yang losing the exchange and getting kicked back. Afterwards, Melanie rushes in and they both begin to enact some fancy footwork, with Yang being, for the second time in the entire trailer, defensive. Yang backs away from Melanie and watches her movements and legs because she knows that they are capable of overcoming her usual fighting style if she's not careful. Eventually, Yang catches Melanie by baiting a kick and elbowing her on the gut, getting inside her guard so her legs are useless. She then twirls her around and roundhouse kicks her. This ends the fight.

Do you see what happened in the fight? Yang was pushed back and defensive against the kick based character, but against the law fighter, she just ran in and punched/kicked her a bunch of times till she was in prime position to get blasted away. Yang knew she had a problem dealing with kicks, so she had to stay back and actually think about her actions before she could make them. Yang knows where she has problems, and can think enough to come up with a strategy to get around them, but that doesn't take away how much they affect her thinking and fighting style.

Analysis over. If you don't believe it, go watch the fight yourself and see how much Yang's fighting style changes when she engages Melanie. Kicks are enough of a problem against her that she needs to change her whole demeanor to deal with them.

You claimed Yang had defeated Mercury even though he threw the fight.

I can state you ignored evidence since when I initially posted the vid of Monty's statement you ignored it and chose to focus on the yellow trailer.

Hey guys pretty sure that at this point in the story Yang has a grown as a fighter and become better (the point of Volume 4's development for her).

So how about we keep the weakness for her Vol 1-3 key which we've visibly seen her have some slight difficulty with (nothing tremendous just a little more effort needs to be put). Monty is no longer in involved in RWBY and no longer animates the fights. We can at least say the weakness was there when he was there and not when she got training with Taiyang (who kicked a lot during her training) where we visibly see her respond better to it.

We have only been arguing for the weakness to stay on her v1-3 profile, not added to her other ones. I would like to believe she got over it while training with her father as he helped her get rid of her anger.

The Calaca said:
Nobody is saying that Yang would lose against every kicker but her style gives her a tough time fighting them.
Except it doesnt, even in the fight that she 'struggled with' she still dominated her opponent

I'm back. So here are my thoughts:

1. Yang had a very minuscule weakness that has has not cost her any matches. She had slightly more difficulty dealing with it. HOWEVER no one in their right mind look at that particular scene and think: "oh so she must be bad at fight people who kick!" That's BS. Literally the ONLY reason we're having this discussion to begin with is because Monty said something about it and there are very small key points supporting it. I think that yeah sure let's keep it on the profile for indexing purposes but in reality we should also note that it's really a negligible weakness and more of an inconvenience than anything else.

2. Her weakness against opponents that dodge is stupid and should be removed. That's not an anti-feat for Yang but more a skill feat for Neo. Yang has a hard time against Neo because Neo is an amazing fighter that is ridiculously mobile. We can't give a weakness to someone because they are fighting an expert in that specific field. It's like saying: "you suck at chess because you lost against Bobby Fisher!" BRUH BOBBY FISHER IS THE WORLD CHAMPION IN CHESS OF COURSE YOU WOULD LOSE!

So yup just specify the kicking weakness as I said and remove that idiotic weakness that shouldn't be there to begin with.

Nico literally said nothing that wasn't already said in this thread, all culminating with "keep the weakness on her page." No one here has argued that she has such an overt weakness to kicks that she loses if her opponent uses kicks, it's always been a cliff note to add on top of other reasons for Yang to have difficulty fighting an opponent. Weekly has been doing nothing but trying to have it removed and forgotten about entirely as if it doesn't exist at all so he can justify Yang fighting kick based characters as easily as she fights other characters, or in retaliation to it being a reason for Yang to struggle with a fight.

I don't know what Nico said that made Weekly decide to agree with him, but fine. The weakness stays, which is literally all we have been arguing for. Cool

You should probably read through what he actually said. He agreed that its barely a viable weakness and that her weakness against dodging opponents should be removed entirely/

I did read it entirely, and what he is saying is something we in this thread have agreed on unanimously. The weakness is small and somewhat negligible, but is present. No one argued that it was as overt as you kept claiming it was.

Idc about her weakness to dodging opponents getting removed. It's a dumb thing to have down so I agree.

I mean, of course she has trouble with fighters who abuse kicks, when her fighting style revolves around powerful boxing-style punchouts. In CQC kicks have far better reach than punches, and someone exceptionally skilled with using them at the right times can use them as a goof "eff off button".

That said, this simple logic is complicated in hingsight, when we also consider Yang has decent projectiles even early in the series, so the weakness to being outranged by kicks in CQC is kind of silly when she can just punch energy blasts at a near-sniper range.

So does it exist? Yes. Will it realistically come into play that often? Not really.

Back