• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yamato Spacial Manipulation and NLF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a direct response to this thread here

Topic of said thread was end of GOW 2 kratos vs DMC 5 vergil. Outcome was kratos gets one shotted due to spacial manip, which seems like a huge No Limits Fallacy due to feats shown.

Vegil was unable to one shot Arkham who doesn't have Resistance to Spacial Manip.

It was brought up that he was only stabbed in the gut once, which is false. Arkham getting cut by Yamato Also, here's the original video Skip to 12:42 As you can see, the frame before there is no blood, and when yamato makes contact there is, so Arkham was cut by it, not just stabbed.

As you can clearly see, Arkham did not die in a single blow by yamato even when he got hit twice by it. So either Arkham does have resistance to Spacial Manipulation, which in turn would mean every single demon in the DMC series does due to Arkham's profile stating that he is not even as powerful as most demons, he is just cunning.

Or yamato can not one shot to an infinite degree due to NLF

What is this argument?

The one shot part comes out because Yamato neggs durability, menaing Vergil can cut Kratos in half or in little pieces.

Now on the scene, Arkham was sliced like butter but Vergil underestimated the regen, so what? What's the point of this?

>As you can clearly see, Arkham did not die in a single blow by yamato even when he got hit twice by it.

Yamato is not death manipulation nor regen negation, why would it kill with a single stab in the gut that isn't even lethal to the level of regen this guy has?

Tony di bugalu said:
What is this argument?
The one shot part comes out because Yamato neggs durability, menaing Vergil can cut Kratos in half or in little pieces.

Now on the scene, Arkham was sliced like butter but Vergil underestimated the regen, so what? What's the point of this?

>As you can clearly see, Arkham did not die in a single blow by yamato even when he got hit twice by it.

Yamato is not death manipulation nor regen negation, why would it kill with a single stab in the gut that isn't even lethal to the level of regen this guy has?
Because Kratos has the same regen as well. The argument is that vergil would start the fight, swipe the air, sheathe yamato and walk away is absolutely insane. I understand Arkham didn't just get up right away because of regen, but vergil isn't just slicing the air and winning due to this.

I see no Regenerationn on Kratos profile, the hole Zeus made in 2 took quite some time to heal.

Slicing the air? You mean Judgement Cut? That's literally a sphere with a lot of cuts that neg Dura, if Kratos gets hit he falls in pieces.

Kratos got beat to a bloody pulp in ghost of sparta by his brother before the fight with thanatos, and was was when he faced thanatos he was fully healed.

I'm still in complete disagreement with all of this from the previous thread.

Nothing you've shown or stated proves that suddenly the spatial manipulation stops working on foes that are too strong. Even if we go by the idea that Arkham was slashed in half and survived (which is still quite clearly incorrect) what's actually shown and how he survived would be down to Regenerationn.

There is no resistance to Vergil's spatial manipulation for Kratos. No Regenerationn that would regenerate the wound, no immortality that would prevent such a wound from killing him. Plain as day, it would kill him. It's not NLF to say that spatial manipulation works as intended against things with space.

Tony di bugalu said:
I see no Regenerationn on Kratos profile, the hole Zeus made in 2 took quite some time to heal.
Slicing the air? You mean Judgement Cut? That's literally a sphere with a lot of cuts that neg Dura, if Kratos gets hit he falls in pieces.
Also, isn't judgement cut just a gameplay mechanic and a display of vergil's speed in-game? The speed is equal.

What I want to know is that I was lead to believe that vergil didn't even need to touch kratos, that kratos would basically fall down as soon as it began, and second does he need to physically hit kratos for it to work?

...are you actually trying to say that the Judgement Cut skill is just a game mechanic?

DarkGrath said:
I'm still in complete disagreement with all of this from the previous thread.
Nothing you've shown or stated proves that suddenly the spatial manipulation stops working on foes that are too strong. Even if we go by the idea that Arkham was slashed in half and survived (which is still quite clearly incorrect) what's actually shown and how he survived would be down to Regenerationn.

There is no resistance to Vergil's spatial manipulation for Kratos. No Regenerationn that would regenerate the wound, no immortality that would prevent such a wound from killing him. Plain as day, it would kill him. It's not NLF to say that spatial manipulation works as intended against things with space.
By that logic I could say kratos should have resistance to spacial manip due to scaling, simply because he scales about the primordials who predate creation and created the universe. No to mention Kratos should have spacial manip from norse games since he does it passively.

Not to mention that tier 7 vergil would beat kratos then, and marvel Odin since he doesn't have resistance to spacial manip listed.

Are you now trying to say that beating someone who can create a universe somehow means you no longer take up physical space?

Do you not understand how absurd these claims are?

>By that logic I could say kratos should have resistance to spacial manip due to scaling, simply because he scales about the primordials who predate creation and created the universe

This falls appart when asked for proof. Kratos isn't a primordial and scaling AP is one thing but scaling abilities just because of comparable AP is another deal

>No to mention Kratos should have spacial manip from norse games since he does it passively.

GoW 4 Kratos is one thing, GoW2 Kratos is another.

Unless you want to tell him that he can use the PoH here just because it is kratos?

That's the logic.Kratos from Norse games manipulates space passively. The arkham thing was to show that he didn't explode into a bloody mess or pieces by getting sliced once. Not only that, but he lived to top it off. He doesn't have resistance to spacial manip.

>Also, isn't judgement cut just a gameplay mechanic and a display of vergil's speed in-game? The speed is equal.

It's not, speed doesn't matter unless Kratos can somehow see it and dodge.

>What I want to know is that I was lead to believe that vergil didn't even need to touch kratos, that kratos would basically fall down as soon as it began.

With JC he doesn't need to touch Kratos as he moves the sword and the spatial cutting stuff appears on Kratos.

>and second does he need to physically hit kratos for it to work?

Only if he wants to get close and personal with him

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
That's the logic.
Bad logic in any case.

>Kratos from Norse games manipulates space passively.

Doesn't mean this Kratos can do it

>The arkham thing was to show that he didn't explode into a bloody mess or pieces by getting sliced once.

Because he wasn't cut into pieces like he does with JC or like he did with the Demons he fought in the game.

> Not only that, but he lived to top it off.

Because it was a ******* stab, of course he would survive, and to top it off he has Regenerationn

>He doesn't have resistance to spacial manip.

And? I already explained why it doesn't matter

Btw the primordial thing was pure sarcasm. It would work due to dumb scaling. I do have to mention though kratos scales way above primordials though.

Like I stated earlier, by that logic He destroys marvel comics odin

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Btw the primordial thing was pure sarcasm. It would work due to dumb scaling.
I'm dumb then, ignore it.

> I do have to mention though kratos scales way above primordials though.

I know, whats the point?

>Like I stated earlier, by that logic He destroys marvel comics odin

If odin doesn't resist Spatial Manip and jobs long enough for Vergil to cut him then yeah, unless Higher D physiology is present.

Tony di bugalu said:
>By that logic I could say kratos should have resistance to spacial manip due to scaling, simply because he scales about the primordials who predate creation and created the universe
This falls appart when asked for proof. Kratos isn't a primordial and scaling AP is one thing but scaling abilities just because of comparable AP is another deal

>No to mention Kratos should have spacial manip from norse games since he does it passively.

GoW 4 Kratos is one thing, GoW2 Kratos is another.

Unless you want to tell him that he can use the PoH here just because it is kratos?
Kratos could theoretically unlock POH at any time, all he would have to do is forgive himself, but no that's not what I meant.

>Kratos could theoretically unlock POH at any time, all he would have to do is forgive himself, but no that's not what I meant.

And he only did it at the end of GoW3, but that is derailing.

Tony di bugalu said:
>Kratos could theoretically unlock POH at any time, all he would have to do is forgive himself, but no that's not what I meant.
And he only did it at the end of GoW3, but that is derailing.
As for marvel Odin, precognition would destroy vergil, and he would know that he was already going to do judgement cut, but thats derailing as well.

I'm not saying he doesn't because I've played all the games and if you check my profile, I love vergil. I just have a problem with him being able to one hit kill any fictional character with one move, just like I don't like Infinite speed

I mean, I understand you problem but that's how things work.

And oh boy, if you think this hax is bad then stay away from the smurf bs

I mean I understand. I had a problem with people just jumping to the conclusion without actually having the debate, but if it works it works.

Theoretically Kratos would have had spacial manip as the GOW, since none of his magical items he aquired would have given him it due to him doing it passively

Pointing out that having hax =/= resisting said hax

>Theoretically Kratos would have had spacial manip as the GOW, since none of his magical items he aquired would have given him it due to him doing it passively

I'm derailing but how would he gain Spatial manip with this? Respond in my wall or something

We done with this thread?

Tony di bugalu said:
I mean, I understand you problem but that's how things work.
And oh boy, if you think this hax is bad then stay away from the smurf bs
Does durability negation work on weapons as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back