• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yall know I'm jumpin on this shit right now: Thanos VS. Darkseid

Status
Not open for further replies.
NostalgiaTrip said:
Second of all... if you are going to call out someone for voicing their opinions and reasoning... then you have something seriously wrong with you.
It's obvious that you don't actually want for their to be a discussion.

How can someone just accept... 'he stomps'.
Because that's what Thanos does. Stop trying to say that everyoe who says it's a stomp has ulterior motives.

Apologies The Wright Way... it's just people that say someone stomps without so much as an explanation... especially when they are in the same tier is really annoying.

Second of all... I feel like I am the only one of two people in this fight that actually knows a shit about Darkseid.

I am not trying to be a dick about it... but someone needs to state the facts, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow... I am going to unfollow this VS Battle as it's only causing my blood pressure to raise.

Unoriginal Memes said:
NostalgiaTrip said:
Second of all... if you are going to call out someone for voicing their opinions and reasoning... then you have something seriously wrong with you.
It's obvious that you don't actually want for their to be a discussion.

How can someone just accept... 'he stomps'.
Because that's what Thanos does. Stop trying to say that everyoe who says it's a stomp has ulterior motives.
It's what he does to the likes of Thor and Iron Man. Darkseid is right up there with Thanos... and he stomps? That makes no sense.

I'm not saying that Darkseid would win. All I want is a reasonable explanation as to why Thanos would win.

This is IG Thanos, not base Thanos. Darkseid's feats being effortless doesn't mean anything, as said before. IG Thanos is at least six times stronger than baseline.

And of course, the good old combination of Precognition and Sealing. Or Transmutation, BFR, Temporal BFR, Death Manipulation, etc.

In regards to Transmutation... I think Darkseid has the same. I think. Not to certain.

Looked it up. He does have some sort of Matter Manipulation. He turned Slobo to stone at one point and made a ship that was bigger than all of New York.

The thing is that Thanos's Precog will allow him to use Transmutation first. Thanos knows everything that will ever happen and sees time in an infinitely repeating loop.

Yeah I don't think that Darkie could quite beat that. Sure he has time manipulation... but I don't know how useful that is against Precog.

Still think that he could act even whem imprisoned. Mostly cause he was trapped in the Source Wall before and was still able to make an avatar.

Both characters are beyond the concept of time, speed and time manipulation are irrelevant

Just because your beyond time doesn't mean you can't see the future. Actions still need to take place and happen.

Schnee One said:
Just because your beyond time doesn't mean you can't see the future. Actions still need to take place and happen.
I think he means... How can you predict the future when the person of interest is beyond it. They exist outside of it.

Basically, 4D beings have something that binds them similar to how time binds 3D beings. This is sometimes called "Hypertime". 5D beings can freely move through hypertime, but have something that binds them. "Hyper-Hypertime" as I called it before.

So I just read something interesting. Apparently the IG broke after being used to stop the destruction of the universe just once.

When Darkseid enters the power realms, the multimeter under the God-Sphere, he endangers them all. His metaphysical weight would destroy the multiverse.

So what happens after the IG is used to save his own universe?

Also, even if Thanos was able to seal away Darkseid, it would only be the part of him that was entering the universe.

Thanks has no way of reaching the rest of Darkseid that is spread across the multiverse. Bring in an Admin if need be to answer the question.

@Nostalgia the Gauntlet broke because it was A) A separate universe colliding into the 616 one and B) Not used properly by Cap)

Ok. So would it break if Thanos tried to save the universe from Darkseid's weight? (And yes, I did just make a fat joke there.)

Pretty sure Thanos could just yeet Darkseid out of existence before he falls. I highly doubt the first thing Darkseid would think in this fight would be "hey, i'm just gonna fall over".

EDIT: Not sure why it says I'm replying to #59, because I'm not.

Part of me is somewhat glad that I decided to hold back on saying anything else about this fight. I was worried if I made any other statements about it, I would have got a bit too heated from it, due to enjoying Darkseid more than Thanos. Still enjoy Thanos, though.

Might just be because of the Standard Battle Assumptions being taken into account here why I'm not too keen on this matchup, I guess?

BigSmoke4269 said:
Pretty sure Thanos could just yeet Darkseid out of existence before he falls. I highly doubt the first thing Darkseid would think in this fight would be "hey, i'm just gonna fall over".
I really don't understand how that would work.

Well can anyone explain the concept of Infinity Gauntlet being High 2-A? It goes against the concept of each Infinity Stone having Power only in the respective universe on paper.

Jasonsith said:
Well can anyone explain the concept of Infinity Gauntlet being High 2-A? It goes against the concept of each Infinity Stone having Power only in the respective universe on paper.
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3879600-16.jpg Apparently it has displayed Multiversal+ range before.

https://imgur.com/LtfKJT3 The Soul Stone alone apparently has a Multiverse contained in it as well.

And considering it has defeated Multiversal+ abstract beings, it got upgraded...? IDK TBH.

I honestly find it wack that there are many feats and facts about it that contradict said statement.

NostalgiaTrip said:
BigSmoke4269 said:
I really don't understand how that would work.
Basically Thanos could just seal Darkseid before he falls.

Darkseid's fall was gradually destroying the post Infinite Crisis DC Multiverse which only had like 50 universes. (Superboy Prime or Monarch I recall destroyed a coupleduring Countdown) Whereas Thanos with the Gaunlet defeated Multi-Eternity who is the Marvel Multverse (There are at least 1,600 universes confirmed as canon universes within Marvel) In fact Nebula with the Gauntlet (who accrding to Thanos was nowhere near mentally or physically capable of wielding that much power unlike him) overpowered Multi-Eternity, 2 celestials, several abstract abstract beings and multiversal heavy hitters like Mephisto, Galactus and The Stranger and she did it with the utmost ease. Godhead Darkseid isn't weak by any stretch of the imagination but aside from the Final Crisis shenanigans his feats are mostly lacking compared to the Earh-616 Infinity Gauntlet.

Hellbeast1 said:
That's Emanation not Godhead
Besides the degree of sealing is higher for Thanos
Even then, the Emanation is just an Avatar of the Godhead. If the avatar has resistance, than the Godhead def. should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back