• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Every Hero has a Darkseid (Darkseid vs. The Sentry; 8-1-0)

Meh, give it time. Only a single person supports Darkseid thus far as well lol

I feel like Darkseid’s wincons are more likely to happen in contrast tho, anyways counted

how to say you have never ever read sentry comic without saying you have never read a sentry comic

Speed equalized, in-character. Both characters have a surface level understanding of each other beforehand (i.e. familiar with their primary gimmicks).
I dunno. To cover it

AP

Darkseid

• Scales to a 1.053 KiloFoe feat from Alan Scott
  • Superior to John Stewart who I'm guessing must be at least baseline Solar System level going by how the profile words this feat
  • Scales to the IMP, which has two ends without a list of what ends are being used. Which is either 659 KiloFoe or 1.08 KiloFoe
Sentry
  • Peak Sentry is 1 MegaFoe x 2 or 2 MegaFoe
Sentry is 1,851.85x stronger if the low end of the IMP is the accepted version (in which case he probably just one shots) and 3.03x stronger than Darkseid with the high end version of the IMP

For the sake of the fight I'm going with Sentry being 3.03x that of Darkseid rather than 1,800x

Lifting Strength

Darkseid

Sentry
So to look at the feats lets go over them
  • Hulk was put on his knees from the weight of the Sun and Sentry is 2x superior to a form vaguely superior to that one
  • Lobo swung his star after changing its direction and threw it into a building
I feel like they're probably in the same ballpark, but I feel like the nature of how Lobo moved his star and how Superman/Darkseid would scale above him I'd give Darkseid the slight edge

Other Stuff

Skill

In a pure fight Sentry is probably going to get demolished if Darkseid decides to be a competent fighter

Omega Beams

The Omega Beams erase you from existence if Darkseid wills them to, making it so that you never existed in the first place. Sentry doesn't have any resistance to erasure on his profile. Meaning that if Darkseid opts for this attack there's nothing he can do to survive it if it hits.

Key word there though, if they hit

Emotion Control / Telepathy

Both Darkseid and Sentry have shown the ability to resist mental attacks from other people with TP showings in the incredibly broken hax range like resistaning Martian Manhunter or Professor X/Emma Frost. They're unlikely to effect the other with their powers.

Durability Negation

As a note, the durability negation mentioned isn't like, super duper deadly. The scans provided more show that the tentacles just attack the organs of the target and they're not super damaging either, as Captain America and Iron Man both survived the attack for a decent length of time.

Overall

I feel that in-character, they're going to honestly just punch each other really really hard and I don't see Sentry outpunching the guy who can go toe to toe with the immortal god of war in a hand to hand contest since he mostly relies on brute force. When they resort to hax each can either counter the other's powers or have means of directing them away.

Sentry's win con therefore, is to just punch Darkseid into submission like Superman has done. Darkseid's win con to just hit Sentry once with the Omega Beams.

I just feel like the latter is far more likely to happen than the former, especially with the mentioned skill gap.

So Darkseid imo.

I dunno. To cover it

AP

Darkseid

• Scales to a 1.053 KiloFoe feat from Alan Scott
  • Superior to John Stewart who I'm guessing must be at least baseline Solar System level going by how the profile words this feat
  • Scales to the IMP, which has two ends without a list of what ends are being used. Which is either 659 KiloFoe or 1.08 KiloFoe
Sentry
  • Peak Sentry is 1 MegaFoe x 2 or 2 MegaFoe
Sentry is 1,851.85x stronger if the low end of the IMP is the accepted version (in which case he probably just one shots) and 3.03x stronger than Darkseid with the high end version of the IMP

For the sake of the fight I'm going with Sentry being 3.03x that of Darkseid rather than 1,800x

Lifting Strength

Darkseid

Sentry
So to look at the feats lets go over them
  • Hulk was put on his knees from the weight of the Sun and Sentry is 2x superior to a form vaguely superior to that one
  • Lobo swung his star after changing its direction and threw it into a building
I feel like they're probably in the same ballpark, but I feel like the nature of how Lobo moved his star and how Superman/Darkseid would scale above him I'd give Darkseid the slight edge

Other Stuff

Skill

In a pure fight Sentry is probably going to get demolished if Darkseid decides to be a competent fighter

Omega Beams

The Omega Beams erase you from existence if Darkseid wills them to, making it so that you never existed in the first place. Sentry doesn't have any resistance to erasure on his profile. Meaning that if Darkseid opts for this attack there's nothing he can do to survive it if it hits.

Key word there though, if they hit

Emotion Control / Telepathy

Both Darkseid and Sentry have shown the ability to resist mental attacks from other people with TP showings in the incredibly broken hax range like resistaning Martian Manhunter or Professor X/Emma Frost. They're unlikely to effect the other with their powers.

Durability Negation

As a note, the durability negation mentioned isn't like, super duper deadly. The scans provided more show that the tentacles just attack the organs of the target and they're not super damaging either, as Captain America and Iron Man both survived the attack for a decent length of time.

Overall

I feel that in-character, they're going to honestly just punch each other really really hard and I don't see Sentry outpunching the guy who can go toe to toe with the immortal god of war in a hand to hand contest since he mostly relies on brute force. When they resort to hax each can either counter the other's powers or have means of directing them away.

Sentry's win con therefore, is to just punch Darkseid into submission like Superman has done. Darkseid's win con to just hit Sentry once with the Omega Beams.

I just feel like the latter is far more likely to happen than the former, especially with the mentioned skill gap.

So Darkseid imo.
I mean while I do agree with most of your post, I do believe sentry can resist existential erasure considering he has come back from complete disintegration which could be considered as a form of existential erasure??

Idk, but I would extrapolate he'd be able to if I'm being honest

existential erasure considering he has come back from complete disintegration which could be considered as existential erasure??
Nah. Sentry coming back from an atom means there was still something there that he could regenerate from.

Darkseid's omega beams just get rid of you. The following is from a different Darkseid avatar than what is being used here, but I think this quote sums it up better than I ever could while aligning with the main canon. The omega beams don't just like, blow you up. They make you an unperson.

Nah. Sentry coming back from an atom means there was still something there that he could regenerate from.
Molecule man got rid of him completely, it was stated in dark avengers, no atoms nothing to regenerate from.

The atom statement comes from when he was thrown into the sun
Darkseid's omega beams just get rid of you. The following is from a different Darkseid avatar than what is being used here, but I think this quote sums it up better than I ever could while aligning with the main canon. The omega beams don't just like, blow you up. They make you an unperson.
Hmmmmmm, I'm still not sure whether it could kill the sentry if I'm being honest, he has regenerated from far worse

Back