• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Every Hero has a Darkseid (Darkseid vs. The Sentry; 8-1-0)

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Unsure if this'll work, we'll see

Darkseid (DC Comics) vs. Sentry (Marvel Comics)

This is Pre-Flashpoint Emancipation Darkseid's 4-B avatar, vs. Peak Sentry (Void?)

Speed equalized, in-character. Both characters have a surface level understanding of each other beforehand (i.e. familiar with their primary gimmicks).

Battle takes place on Earth.

Anyway, on a serious note, does Darkseid have resistance against AM and darkness manip (which is pocket dimension/reality hax)?

Last edited:
On the flipside can Sentry resist Omega Beams' EE factor?
My edition can, but no. He will get hakaid.

Tho Darkseid doesn't always go for EE, just sometimes. I think he only erased people like two or three times or attempted to. One was dessad, and the other was against superman.

Tho Darkseid doesn't always go for EE, just sometimes. I think he only erased people like two or three times or attempted to. One was dessad, and the other was against superman.
I don't see a reason why he wouldn't, here. As said in the OP Darkseid does have a surface level understanding of Sentry, and if he'd bust it out against Supes he should bust it out against Sentry too :v

I mean I can see darkseid only using that if he knows that Sentry can't die unless he wills himself (Dark Avengers, Siege, Sentry Vol.2). Otherwise, like most of his opponents, darkseid won't go for his hax like this. It just doesn't seem like his character.

He likes toying with them sometimes. Post crisis darkseid was more of a schemer and cunning rather than brute force type. Except for Loeb's.

Anyway... Darkseid got immortality type 8, BFR and dimensional travel.

Now if I ever add confluctor to it, it got bfr/dimensional travel capabilities by itself. But that would be OE and no idea when i will add it

I vote darkseid via bfr

His immortality type 8 isn't something that can easily prevent him from being incapped, but if Sentry has something that can KO Darkseid, he would know and kill him before that

sentry can't do anything against darkseid's immortality, bfr and dimensional travel which am pretty sure is on 6d level. In addition, darkseid could power null him and can also stop time, etc, etc.

He also uses BFR if willing to kill, along with absorption that's on Anti Monitor AP level since he absorbed enough energy for his third key, so that might be too much unless Sentry resists Low 2-C absorption

sentry has low 1-c absorption himself. and also resists it on the same level - upscaling from Absorbing Man

Anyway, since Absorption is possible, then here is my assessment. Sentry's wincons
  • Attack reflection and forcefields, so it can block his Omegan beams
  • Pocket reality manipulation - the spatial hax thing was done by his "true from", so not sure if the avatar can do the same.
  • Madness hax
  • low-godly High regen - so matter based hax is useless against him
  • Corruption
  • Tendrils which can negate durability
  • Absorption - should be able to absorb anything Darkseid throws at him, as long as its energy

His forcefied simply gets erased and BFR'd along with him, Darkseid in hunter prey (massively weaker than end of post crisis) can one shot missiles Superman can't even touch with his heat vision and vaporised them. What is Sentry's heat resistance?

Darkseid's mind manipulation works on Supergirl, telekinesis which works on Infinity Man and Superman, and casually pushes away Orion and Firestorm

He's willing to use BFR here in character - Outsiders Volume 1 #22

He would also absorb spiritual energy - Wonder Woman Volume 2 #174

Oh yeah I forgot. Is someone good enough at science to tell me if heat on that level can reduce you to below atomic level?

They can also almost match (though are deflected by) Superman's Heat Vision, not sure if this grants matter manipulation on a similar level. It would be useful since Superman's works on a quark level if he's angry or serious

And how is sentry getting past existence erasure which works on the soul and erases to the point that his targets have never existed, supported by the fact that he erased Vundabar to where he never existed and people would lose memory of him - Jack Kirby's Fourth World #19

His soul and life force sealing works on Cyborg Superman who can survive the Omega Beams - Hunter Prey #2 on more than one occassion, even tanking them - Countdown 2007 #13 (Though idk if surviving soul being shattered or erased grants resistance to soul sealing)

Is Superman's heat CONFIRMED to be extremely higher than a sun? (feats wise) If no, don't see the relevance

And how is sentry getting past existence erasure which works on the soul and erases to the point that his targets have never existed, supported by the fact that he erased Vundabar to where he never existed and people would lose memory of him - Jack Kirby's Fourth World #19
He doesn't. But absorption can help

Is Superman's heat CONFIRMED to be extremely higher than a sun? (feats wise) If no, don't see the relevance

He doesn't. But absorption can help
I mentioned almost matching heat vision due to matter manipulation, because Superman does that if he's serious with his heat vision. The heat comes from the feat I showed where HP Superman can't touch missiles and Omega Beams vaporised them.

Superman's heat vision works on people who can survive the sun's core and supernovas (like himself)

Back