• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoverse and Heroes possible separation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did—the game was released in 2010.

Also, I don't know if people actually know this or not, but Xenoverse takes place in Age 850, and Heroes is currently in Age 780, some time after the Tournament of Power.

Hmm. I personally think that you make sense, but what about the link that I found above?
Context matters

Depending on what the context is, endless and infinite can either be different or the same thing

More specifically I'm referring to the context of distance/measurement

When endless and infinite are used in the context of measurements then it becomes hard to distinguish the two from each other

Example
Space is Endless
Space is Infinite

In both cases neither has am existing end nor a finite measurement

The real problem here is that Infinite can be used as a value and a measurement while endless cannot

Example
The Worlds are Infinite
The Worlds are Endless

Infinite world's would mean exactly that, infinite worlds
While with endless Worlds the clear value is ambiguous as endless is not a value

The application of Infinite being applicable for both measurement and value for a cosmology is what warrants the 2A

While in the case of endless the same cannot be said as it's too ambiguous and lead to unresolved Inaccuracies

Long story short
While endless can you be used to warrant that the world/cosmology has infinite distance, it can't be used to warrant infinite number of worlds

Hope this made sense

It did—the game was released in 2010.

Also, I don't know if people actually know this or not, but Xenoverse takes place in Age 850, and Heroes is currently in Age 780, some time after the Tournament of Power.
Isn't time patrol different in heroes too

im pretty sure they are the same but a huge storyline difference
No pretty sure heroes time patrol is mostly composed of a handful of characters meanwhile xenoverse time patrol is an pretty big organisation

DBH should pretty much be 2-B.

"There's a multiverse" isn't an argument because otherwise we include even fanfics as they're technically still timelines applying this logic.

You need actual statement of sharing same multiverse/canon like Mario, Pokémon or Puella Magi to have whatever multiverse busters in that series scaling to the same cosmology, otherwise you gonna do what's considered there. And any version of DBH has literally no proof of sharing the same cosmology as DBX.

So "endless universes" and sharing an almost identical cosmology to Xenoverse is not enough for 2-A then? It seems a bit picky to me.
I thought we didn't count other games as BT3 for the cosmology anymore. Plus sharing an almost identical cosmology means nothing, as we would take fanfics too if we go with this path.

Despite similarities I don’t think they’d be able to scale to each other’s cosmologies if they’re legitimately from separate continuities.

Endless can mean infinite, but also not.
For example, in Secret Rings it’s said that Sonic ran “endlessly” until he found his way back to his world, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he ran an infinite distance.

Does Heroes have a "endless universes" statement? I remember that his 2-A rating came from Xenoverse and BT3, which as explained in this CRT we don't scale to Heroes anymore.

Does Heroes have a "endless universes" statement? I remember that his 2-A rating came from Xenoverse and BT3, which as explained in this CRT we don't scale to Heroes anymore.
Heroes does and also shin budokai does

Heroes only scale to traditional Dragon Ball cosmology—every action births a new timeline, meaning there is a countless amount of timelines at this point (kind of like the Mario dream thing)—and the Crimson-Masked Saiyan claiming he has travelled to "countless spacetimes".

So "endless universes" and sharing an almost identical cosmology to Xenoverse is not enough for 2-A then? It seems a bit picky to me.
Well, Xenoverse appeared After Heroes, so, I don't think that it's enough to give Heroes the same rating as Xenoverse, mainly when they don't have the same statements and also aren't the same cosmology

We don't make "2-B, likely 2-A" for verses with endless timelines, we always make them 2-B. It would make a weird exception towards DBH.

I do not see how “endless” warrants 2-A without supporting context. Brand new timelines being created from every action is 2-B and still fulfills the statement of “endless” timelines existing.

If we usually give a 2-B rating for the "endless timelines" cosmology than I don't see why Heroes should be an exception, then.

I personally don't see the problem with applying "At least 2-B, possibly/likely 2-A" ratings if we are uncertain. It would be much fairer in my mind.

It technically is
The way heroes works is mostly be implications
In other words if something was already stated or mentioned in Xenoverse, it won't be mentioned again in Heroes unless it's plot relevant

The narrative of Heroes taking from other sources and media and most especially Xenoverse is the creators way of saying everything goes and all things applies both ways

But because that implication is never directly stated in verse that's where the problem arises
And more than likely it will never be outright stated since even in XV the Lore of Infinite World's came from an NPC

Heroes cosmology definitely mirrors that of XV which is a 2A cosmology buy just because Heroes never says 2A then apparently it's not

It's honestly kinda cherry picking
Like for example saying that you'd have to prove that every continuity in DC and Marvel has a 2A cosmology or less downgrade and you would have to use stand alone statements from that specific continuity to prove it and not take from other continuities to prove it

I'd go for a Possibility 2A rating on the Possibility and Implications Heroes Multiverse mirrors Xenoverse

But if everyone is gonna push for flat out 2B then I won't oppose

Endless literally just means "so much that it doesn't seem to have an end", a bit like countless means "so much that it's impossibile to count". If we want to go from synonyms we'd make any countless timelines 2-A and that's obviously not the case.

I personally don't see the problem with applying "At least 2-B, possibly/likely 2-A" ratings if we are uncertain. It would be much fairer in my mind.
And making an exception towards other verses which have just 2-B because of endless? We can't make do it just because is Dragon Ball.

Anyway, I have to go and exercise, eat, and then switch to my wiki edit-patrolling work, so I will likely not be able to comment more in this thread until tomorrow.

This has caused the greatest quick tsunami of posts that I remember seeing in this forum so far in any case, so try to only make relevant posts and to avoid spamming. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back