• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade Revisions that took me even longer than last time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it mentions lightning but I'll ask someone who speaks japanese

I looked through the whole game, and no one makes a sonic boom, so I don't think Metal Face and Xord should be supersonic
Really? Aight then. What wouldja have them scale to then? I remember Metal Face flying across Sword Valley in a short period of time.

Pretty sure Metal face fighting on Prison island and dodging the attacks in blinding speeds would count for supersonic.

Pretty sure Metal face fighting on Prison island and dodging the attacks in blinding speeds would count for supersonic.
Superhuman, probably subsonic, its possible to have blinding speed without being supersonic. Are there any bow and arrow enemies in the game before they fight telethia?

if you actually played the game you'd know that homs do not have them, they have guns and cannons that the mechons dodge in colony 9 easily.

The gem abilities should be in their own tabber, its optional equipment

Durability Negation (Via Volcano Dive which can make others bleed through attacks even when said attacks are unable to do so prior and can make others bleed when they couldn't normally can't conventionally)

This is like giving every sword user durability negation because piercing weapons can make enemies bleed even if your fists can't due to the force applied over a smaller area

This is paralysis

Non-Physical Interaction (Can hit Addam's Phantasms, beings that are described as ghosts by Nia and likely share the physiology with Xenoblade 1's Nebulas)

The link to this isn't the correct one, it sends you to the very end of the video

Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm Nebulas, which lack any physical forms)

Where are they stated to lack a physical form? They are basically ether so its more elemental intangibility, so this part should be reworded

Large Size (Type 9: Became the foundation of Shulk's universe which means he also is present across Ether which he can use to manifest himself, this would extend to even Memory Space which exists outside of space and time)

Send the scan for him being the foundation of the universe. Closest I know of is being the basis of the universe and supreme consciousness, neither of which are omnipresence (neither is being the foundation of the universe). This means he sustains the world, not that he's omnipresent

Omnipresent (As the true creator the multiverse as well as the source of Ether, thus the literal source of all creation and all existence, he is likely everywhere and everywhen. And likely also exists and transcends both across and outside the entire multiverse)

Being the source of all existence isn't omnipresence. Not all ether is a part of him, creating and being the source of something doesn't mean those things are like aspects of you

There's more stuff you missed I will add in another comment, like fate manipulation for Fiora

If you actually played the game you'd know that there are enemies in xenoblade games who use bows
I'd recommend that you'd read Glass' comment again. He was not mentioning that they do not exist but that there are other options more obvious options that would yield higher results.

The gem abilities should be in their own tabber, its optional equipment
Why? Its not like they lose access to those gems, they have them for the majority of the game which is what qualifies for standard equipment. To place them under standard equipment would be akin to making everything Botw Link has optional equipment or making the equipment of basically every RPG character optional.

This is like giving every sword user durability negation because piercing weapons can make enemies bleed even if your fists can't due to the force applied over a smaller area
Might wanna reread it there buddy, basically this works by being able to forcibly apply bleed to stuff, even to stuff that can't bleed typically like machines or nebulas so its Durability Negation by forcing internal damage through practically any attack (yes legit anything can apply it).

This is paralysis
Looks like someone beat me to it but yeah its weird. I'll try find you a video of it though it'll be a bit tough since I doubt anyone has made a specific video in relation to it.

The link to this isn't the correct one, it sends you to the very end of the video
Don't even think that's in my sandbox but sure here is a replacement link.

Where are they stated to lack a physical form? They are basically ether so its more elemental intangibility, so this part should be reworded
That was more so the point of them with elemental intangibility. Here ya go anyway.

Send the scan for him being the foundation of the universe. Closest I know of is being the basis of the universe and supreme consciousness, neither of which are omnipresence (neither is being the foundation of the universe). This means he sustains the world, not that he's omnipresent
Sure I'm having trouble remembering where I got that statement but leave it with me I'll keep looking through what I have, though funny enough basis is interchangeable with foundation. Though I will to ya, so you know Alvis is the basis of the world which is also the case for ether, The Monado (Alvis) also exists as the light within everyone, like how ether exists as the base element of everything including people along with Alvis shown to be capable of manifesting himself through it and just this scene in general which is just the most obvious showing of it.

If you want more details on it I'd recommend asking DDM about it since he was the one who put it on Alvis' profile.

There's more stuff you missed I will add in another comment, like fate manipulation for Fiora
May I ask what you had in mind? I'm honestly very curious about it like what your justification for Fate Manipulation on Fiora is.

I'd recommend that you'd read Glass' comment again. He was not mentioning that they do not exist but that there are other options more obvious options that would yield higher results.

Why? Its not like they lose access to those gems, they have them for the majority of the game which is what qualifies for standard equipment. To place them under standard equipment would be akin to making everything Botw Link has optional equipment or making the equipment of basically every RPG character optional.

Might wanna reread it there buddy, basically this works by being able to forcibly apply bleed to stuff, even to stuff that can't bleed typically like machines or nebulas so its Durability Negation by forcing internal damage through practically any attack (yes legit anything can apply it).

Looks like someone beat me to it but yeah its weird. I'll try find you a video of it though it'll be a bit tough since I doubt anyone has made a specific video in relation to it.

Don't even think that's in my sandbox but sure here is a replacement link.

That was more so the point of them with elemental intangibility. Here ya go anyway.

Sure I'm having trouble remembering where I got that statement but leave it with me I'll keep looking through what I have, though funny enough basis is interchangeable with foundation. Though I will to ya, so you know Alvis is the basis of the world which is also the case for ether, The Monado (Alvis) also exists as the light within everyone, like how ether exists as the base element of everything including people along with Alvis shown to be capable of manifesting himself through it and just this scene in general which is just the most obvious showing of it.

If you want more details on it I'd recommend asking DDM about it since he was the one who put it on Alvis' profile.

May I ask what you had in mind? I'm honestly very curious about it like what your justification for Fate Manipulation on Fiora is.
He said they don't have bows

"If a character lacks a canonical set of equipment, their profile should make note of this. Examples of such characters would be player customizable RPG..." It needs to be noted on the profile, its best to just add a new tabber. They only have limited slots for the gems, so we don't know what gems they canonically use at any point in the game

You should have mentioned the machine part, and the internal damage is done through piercing (I might be wrong I'll find clips of Bleed attacks that aren't just piercinng damage) which I don't think is enough for durability negation unless its on a cellular level or higher

If you're adding it to the profile, the "light within everyone" is too vague, she also says its the will to live no matter what. When Shulk broke free of the Apocrypha's negation, he and Egil knew it was because of the will to protect. This also makes it sound less like an exaggeration. I think this alone is nigh-omniscience since its embodying the will of everyone. The Monado Archives supports this, calling it the light of all existence, so this is on a cosmology wide scale

I think there can be more than 1 basis of the world, so both of them being the basis probably doesn't make Monado = all of ether, but it might be a possibly rating at least

This is Fiora's fate manipulation, definitely not what you'd expect. Should be in another tabber too since she canonically uses default weapons. I need to find the JP text for this, if it says force of the moon or whatever then it can be used as support for tier 5

There is also further resistance to power null for Shulk without any gems for overcoming the apocrypha, and supernatural willpower because he used sheer will to do it, and Alvis would have type 1 abstract existence for being the willpower of everyone in existence. Z has something similar but is only 1 universe range

There is definitely a time when Shulk took a lot of the Monado's electricity and still had a good amount of stamina, I'm pretty sure smaller amounts of electricity from a taser would normally paralyze someone, Shulk can still move around when being shocked. This one needs clips, its more resistance to electricity

Bows and arrows can hardly because anti-feats compared to ballistics; they're speed and power depends on the strength of their wielders much like swords are and can be much faster than Subsonic. And in Xenoblade, even struggling to dodge bullets isn't a valid anti-feats either because they aren't regular bullets, they're Ether bullets enhanced by UES scaling.

And yeah, Metal Face clearly fights the cast keeps up, and even blitzes them at times despite already dealing with and dodging other Supersonic feats. Some enemies and bosses also can dodge attacks from Sharla's Ether rifle too.

He said they don't have bows
He said Homs don't have bows, his point still stands that there are higher results.

"If a character lacks a canonical set of equipment, their profile should make note of this. Examples of such characters would be player customizable RPG..." It needs to be noted on the profile, its best to just add a new tabber. They only have limited slots for the gems, so we don't know what gems they canonically use at any point in the game
That is for custom characters who's entire move list and weapons are never confirmed and are heavily up to player choice like The Warrior of Light or The Future Warrior who has several completely different variations and not optional equipment. The optional equipment part states that it "can encompass anything that the character has owned or made use of for an extended period of time, regardless of whether or not it's usually on their person." which Ether Gems and the other equipment wouldn't fall under as they are always with the party much like Cloud's Materia (or basically most FF characters), Breath of the Wild Link's weapons, armour, etc, Doomguy's bonus weapons/upgrades, Kratos' various armour, runes and weapons, etc, etc.

You should have mentioned the machine part, and the internal damage is done through piercing (I might be wrong I'll find clips of Bleed attacks that aren't just piercinng damage) which I don't think is enough for durability negation unless its on a cellular level or higher
That is what the "which can make others bleed through attacks even when said attacks are unable to do so prior and can make others bleed when they normally can't conventionally" is exactly for. Why not? Its causing internal damage through hax and not AP, causing injuries like that qualify for it.

If you're adding it to the profile, the "light within everyone" is too vague, she also says its the will to live no matter what. When Shulk broke free of the Apocrypha's negation, he and Egil knew it was because of the will to protect. This also makes it sound less like an exaggeration. I think this alone is nigh-omniscience since its embodying the will of everyone. The Monado Archives supports this, calling it the light of all existence, so this is on a cosmology wide scale
I can see your argument though for Shulk's will to protect breaking the Apocrypha's negation, that would fall under Shulk's Reactive Evolution as the Monado responds to Shulk's will.

I think there can be more than 1 basis of the world, so both of them being the basis probably doesn't make Monado = all of ether, but it might be a possibly rating at least
If that was the case then wouldn't the wording for it be "a basis of the world" then? Neither the Alvis statement nor the Ether statement have it with the Ether statement opting to use "the" instead. Though that last part with Alvis should really be a clear cut example of it.

This is Fiora's fate manipulation, definitely not what you'd expect. Should be in another tabber too since she canonically uses default weapons. I need to find the JP text for this, if it says force of the moon or whatever then it can be used as support for tier 5
Oh that. Not really sure if those statements could be used myself since they could be hyperbole. Though for the Moonlit Defender, given what I have proposed it shouldn't really matter.

There is also further resistance to power null for Shulk without any gems for overcoming the apocrypha, and supernatural willpower because he used sheer will to do it, and Alvis would have type 1 abstract existence for being the willpower of everyone in existence. Z has something similar but is only 1 universe range

There is definitely a time when Shulk took a lot of the Monado's electricity and still had a good amount of stamina, I'm pretty sure smaller amounts of electricity from a taser would normally paralyze someone, Shulk can still move around when being shocked. This one needs clips, its more resistance to electricity
I can see your argument here and I honestly don't have much issue with it. Though we should settle the matter on Ether Gems since that would increase the potency on said resistances.

Bows and arrows can hardly because anti-feats compared to ballistics; they're speed and power depends on the strength of their wielders much like swords are and can be much faster than Subsonic. And in Xenoblade, even struggling to dodge bullets isn't a valid anti-feats either because they aren't regular bullets, they're Ether bullets enhanced by UES scaling.

And yeah, Metal Face clearly fights the cast keeps up, and even blitzes them at times despite already dealing with and dodging other Supersonic feats. Some enemies and bosses also can dodge attacks from Sharla's Ether rifle too.
Where did anyone mention anti-feats? This is like the fourth time I've seen you come into a thread and say random shit

What supersonic feats do the cast members have in early game?

That is for custom characters who's entire move list and weapons are never confirmed and are heavily up to player choice like The Warrior of Light or The Future Warrior who has several completely different variations and not optional equipment. The optional equipment part states that it "can encompass anything that the character has owned or made use of for an extended period of time, regardless of whether or not it's usually on their person." which Ether Gems and the other equipment wouldn't fall under as they are always with the party much like Cloud's Materia (or basically most FF characters), Breath of the Wild Link's weapons, armour, etc, Doomguy's bonus weapons/upgrades, Kratos' various armour, runes and weapons, etc, etc.
You can only have some ether gems at 1 point, you can't equip all of them at once

I was responding to an old post when you proposed Subsonic combat speeds for Metal Face and Xord which Glass and Josh later mentioned.

Being able to react to Ether rounds regularly which should be faster than normal bullets. Glassman brought this up earlier in the thread.

Being able to react to Ether rounds regularly which should be faster than normal bullets. Glassman brought this up earlier in the thread.
Why are they faster than normal bullets?

@XXKINGXX69 that doesn't debunk Josh's point on the ether gems not being optional equipment for the cast so your argument doesn't hold up here.
I didn't use it to argue they were optional equipment

You can only have some ether gems at 1 point, you can't equip all of them at once
That's the case for literally everyone I mentioned but they have it all anyway.

Though I should know people's standings on if they agree or disagree for the tally.

Why are they faster than normal bullets?
Ether is to Xenoblade what Ki is to Dragon Ball, and being stronger inherently also makes it faster by result. Tier 8 Ether rounds let alone Tier 5 would easily be faster than 9-C regular bullets. The Tier 5 ones being Sub-Relativistic to FTL respective of scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back