• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big ol' Xenoblade 2 (plus some small stuff from 1) revision that has taken way too much time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoo boy, this has taken FAR too long (to note, I started this back in October of 2020) but its finally done for the most part (expect more stuff in the future).

Major thanks to @Theglassman12 and @The_Divine_Phoenix for helping out big time with identifying hax and assisting with their justifications along with @DarkDragonMedeus, @DarkGrath, @The_Axiom_of_Virgo and many others who I honestly can't remember due to how burnt out my head is right now for also assisting in this massive project of mine.

Alrighty so let's get started and a small apology for the very poor structure.

Tierings: This is not going to touch anything from the current Tier 2 (with 1 exception) as the previous Tier 1 thread is still on a big hiatus and I'll leave any discussion for that until that thread is finished.

New tiers: Nothing major, I'm just going to propose a tier change for the current lower tiers of Xenoblade 2 characters such as Rex, Nia, Zeke, Tora, Vandham, Morag, Jin, Pyra and Malos being 6-A. I feel that 6-A itself isn't awful but it could be better given the evidence I'm proposing which is upgrade and downgrade it to 6-C possibly High 6-A as Mythra's clash with Malos was stated to have sunk three great titans into the Cloud Sea's bed, which was later backed up by Pyra herself though the exact size of these titans is unknown though they should at least be comparable to Gormott, Mor Ardain, Tantal, etc which could be seen from orbit which is still vague but its something to put the cast at 3x baseline Island level. The High 6-A is for when we take the 2 statements of those titans being continents (The Aegis War has stated twice to have destroyed 3 great continents) and the statement that Aegis Blades are also stated by Pyra herself to be able to destroy the world.
So its simple enough 6-C for if we take the 3 titans as Islands and High 6-A for when we consider them as continents like the game states.

Jin: Currently we have True Form Jin as superior to the rest of the cast but not comparable to Pneuma and I wish to change this as Jin in his True Form has clashes with Pneuma on two occasions but even if you want to just ignore that we also have Mythra stating that if Amalthus absorbed his core then he would become unstoppable which I feel is enough to scale True Form Jin to Pneuma.

Profile Additions and Hax Additions:
The meat and potatoes of the CRT that ya'll probably wanted to see when you clicked on this, thankfully I made this sandbox that has mock profiles on everything that I am proposing (along with some profile clean ups).

Again, apologies for the very poor structure, I hope this is easy enough to understand.

To the surprise of absolutely no-one I ofc agree with these revisions also great work Josh, I know full well the amount of work you put into this and it shows GG!

I haven't taken part in a CRT in ages so I can't tell you for certain, all I recall is that there is no designed number and more so when there is enough staff approval which this CRT current has 2.

Looks fine. So I’m guessing that for the 6-C and High 6-A they are baseline. It would be nice to have calculations for the feats

The High 6-A is baseline yes, the 6-C would be 3x baseline going off of the evidence I presented. I would also would had preferred to calc the feats however, there is unfortunately no official size of these great titans.

Unfortunately not, we never see the 3 great titans directly on screen and only get statements by people who were there about it.

Eh, no one’s disagreeing with the changes and you got a couple staff and plenty of approval. I’d say you can add the changes

I think that a bit more staff evaluation wouldn't hurt at least.

Sorry. It was obviously not necessary to notify Josh and Js25.

I'm not very familiar with this verse, so I can't give the detailed input that a knowledgeable member could. However, the logic for each change seems pretty straightforward and reasonable, so I don't see any issues that could arise (unless any of the information for the premises is factually incorrect, though it seems to be sourced correctly).

I can support this revision.

Thank you. This can probably be applied then.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

Okay. Thanks.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Thank you. Tell us here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back