• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X-Men: No More Humans (Dragon Ball)

There is very little basis to prove that the Katchin overpowered Gohan rather than the Z-Sword, when the manga, the Daizenshuu, and DRAGON BALL FOREVER all state and reaffirm that the Z-Sword is an unimpressive sword that was destroyed by the Katchin.

Dragon Ball characters combine their own Ki with a weapon to make that weapon more durable (Trunks did this with his sword, so it wouldn't break by touching Frieza's skin)

Gohan was using his full strength to lift the Z-Sword but he probably didn't protect it with Ki, confident that it would cut through Kachin without need of Gohan's Ki.

There is very little basis to prove that the Katchin overpowered Gohan rather than the Z-Sword, when the manga, the Daizenshuu, and DRAGON BALL FOREVER all state and reaffirm that the Z-Sword is an unimpressive sword that was destroyed by the Katchin.
Yeah but the way characters use swords like trunks make me think differently
Dragon Ball characters combine their own Ki with a weapon to make that weapon more durable (Trunks did this with his sword, so it wouldn't break by touching Frieza's skin)

Gohan was using his full strength to lift the Z-Sword but he probably didn't protect it with Ki, confident that it would cut through Kachin without need of Gohan's Ki.
If gohan had to exert power into lifting it he would have to use power to swing it so I still think he would have to use ki or have his strength enhanced by ki

If gohan had to exert power into lifting it he would have to use power to swing it so I still think he would have to use ki or have his strength enhanced by ki
The purpose of that was to test the S-Sword, not Gohan's strength. It wouldn't make sense if he used his own Ki to destroy the Kachin.

The purpose of that was to test the S-Sword, not Gohan's strength. It wouldn't make sense if he used his own Ki to destroy the Kachin.
His Ki is still enhances his strength but if its stated he didnt use ki and just wanted to test out the durability of the sword then I’ll agree

His Ki is still enhances his strength but if its stated he didnt use ki and just wanted to test out the durability of the sword then I’ll agree
Focusing Ki into one's sword to amplify its strength is NOT a precedent that exists in Dragon Ball. Gohan does NOT need to clarify that he was wielding the sword without focusing his Ki into the blade, because this practice is never demonstrated before in the series.

Focusing Ki into one's sword to amplify its strength is NOT a precedent that exists in Dragon Ball. Gohan does NOT need to clarify that he was wielding the sword without focusing his Ki into the blade, because this practice is never demonstrated before in the series.
Note: It has been stated numerous times across various sources in the series that a larger ki means greater statistics -- statistics such as strength[1] and overall power[2], speed[3], aerial capabilities[4], destructive capacity[4], and defense[4].

I disagree with downgrading the humans. While I do agree Goten and Trunks should still be well above the human characters, the human characters aren't THAT weak anymore. And in Tien's case, Kachi Katchin is way more durable than regular Katchin, which is still a metal no character in Buu saga thougt possible of even breaking. And while Z sword may be weak compared to the Buu saga cast; it isn't weak in general as it's still really heavy to the point where the Kaioshin's believe it impossible to lift save for the chosen hero. And it was heavy enough to the point where base Gohan was initially able to surpass base Goku before base Goku trained with it and also got stronger. So the human characters would absolutely still be a lot stronger than Shin.

Also, them not going Super Saiyan just means the current Saiyan are much stronger now than they were in Buu saga too. Sure Goten and Trunks didn't train that much and forgot how to fuse in the new movie, but they were still getting strong in general and were strong enough to protect the island that Android 17 defended while 17 joined the tournament.

Protect the island from normal humans?
17 protected from more than common bandits, but also various aliens who attempted to abduct the animals. Though 17 did also fodderize them; also the real reason Goku and Gohan chose Krillin or Tien over Goten and Trunks is due to them being on the ignorant side when it comes to tournament rules not because of them being weaker than humans.

Back