• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

Gonna write a poem right now at 5AM

The stars go out as if they're snow
The sky emits a reddish glow
It's morning now, the windows glow
And back to work the people go

The paths are snowed on over night
They're lit up by a dim white light
Of street lights strapped to lonely poles
That shine on houses, cars and walls

The air is fresh, untampered, clean
There's thousands snowflales to be seen
They rain from clouds that make the sky
Glow burgundy, as if it's shy

And so I'll sleep, despite the time
Call me an owl, but I'll be fine
No matter what the dreams I'll see
About this sky, this snow, these trees
Nice bruh.

I think I'm going to give it a shot. I think I'm going to actually try and put some of my story ideas into Google Docs so I don't forget them.

Though I did remember that I have talked with Confluctor about some of these ideas in DMs back when he was on here, so I've kind of already written them down? Though some of the details were changed around a little.

I actually don't care if someone steals my stories. Since it's perfectly obvious that I'm the original creator.

I just look at it as someone making fanfiction, which is... not bad.

Edit:

Now the problem comes in when they make money off of something they stole.

I actually heard of someone making a public domain comic book. Like, one that goes into the public domain immediately. The concept of creating a public domain story/universe is actually kind of interesting, and that what this whole conversation made me think of.

I actually heard of someone making a public domain comic book. Like, one that goes into the public domain immediately. The concept of creating a public domain story/universe is actually kind of interesting, and that what this whole conversation made me think of.
Isn't SCP kinda like that?

Not really public domain, but generally as long as it's accepted by the community, anyone can write an SCP story.

Isn't SCP kinda like that?

Not really public domain, but generally as long as it's accepted by the community, anyone can write an SCP story.
I guess. SCP was more like an internet-sized collaborative work or anthology, at least in my eyes. The difference with a comic that's in the public domain is that while you can have multiple authors add to it, they don't need permission to use characters in it for whatever they want. For example, if I had a character in the public domain named Gogo Gogo, for example, you could use Gogo Gogo in whatever you want and wouldn't need to ask for my permission. The only thing you couldn't use would be any trademarks pertaining to the character of Gogo Gogo.

TL;DR - A public domain story is kind of like SCP but with far less restrictions.

There are sports athletes from all around the world who dedicate their entire lives to their craft and spare no expense when it comes to the amount of commitment they have to reaching the level of a top athlete in their respective sport. For those who are able to make a living off of their physical talents, it certainly is euphoric; they are the pinnacle of physical athleticism and sport. However, they only make up less than 1% of all athletes who strive for that goal. So what happens to everyone else who dedicated and risked their lives only to be rewarded in failure? That’s what the SpeedBall League is for.
SpeedBall is a highly athletic game which includes 10 metallic spheres known simply as speedballs. One of which must be retrieved over a larger area and placed at the goal of the given course, the others are used as “item balls” to hamper opponent runners. The person who reaches the “goal” with the “game ball” is the winner of the SpeedBall run. Generally, there are few rules in a SpeedBall run, things like doping and sabotage are commonplace if not encouraged; and murder is a frequent occurrence.

Last edited:
Also, random question for you guys: how would you go about making a villain to hero positive character arc less cliché? I figured that one way to do that is to establish the villain in question isn't totally irredeemable or a flat-out monstrous a-hole, but I'd also like to see your ideas.

Also, random question for you guys: how would you go about making a villain to hero positive character arc less cliché? I figured that one way to do that is to establish the villain in question isn't totally irredeemable or a flat-out monstrous a-hole, but I'd also like to see your ideas.
That's one way. I more-so prefer the lesser of two evils approach though.

Like the character is still kinda villainous, but just not when compared to other characters introduced later on, which then causes them to build rapport with the main cast and become more-so a good guy who will still sometimes do villainous stuff. Like MCU Loki.

That's one way. I more-so prefer the lesser of two evils approach though.

Like the character is still kinda villainous, but just not when compared to other characters introduced later on, which then causes them to build rapport with the main cast and become more-so a good guy who will still sometimes do villainous stuff. Like MCU Loki.
A bad version of the same premise is the Joker and Nazis. They try to do that with the Joker whenever there's Nazi characters (e.g. Red Skull in a crossover with Marvel, or Earth-X), but it makes far less sense because the Joker is actually far more despicable than them and has proven such on numerous occasions.

Well, I finally got a rough draft of the lore doc going. Here's a copy/paste, lemme know what you think.

"In the chaos before that which was and that which was not, the subconscious desire of the void itself to possess form, and to know creation, manifested itself as AE.

AE began to create, weaving realities upon a great tapestry, world after world being born from Its endlessly toiling hands, Its beating heart, Its very breath. AE was an artist obsessed; It was a god, able to do whatever It pleased, to give joy and despair alike to the minute little things that adorned these new worlds.

However, the illusion of godhood soon faded, as AE was not seen by Its creations; Indeed, they rejected It, living without a master to bow to. Ungrateful mortals that they were, they did not, and perhaps could not, ever conceive of the limitless kindness and creative beauty of their creator - their savior. Without AE, they were nothing, neither a concept nor an idea made whole.

AE tried to reach out, to send great disasters and boons that would invoke the fear and respect of god, but It’s subjects simply conjured new gods in AE’s presence, blasphemous lies spread only by the delusional seeking to deny their true god the control it had rightfully earned. Seeing that Its worlds were imperfect, AE began to destroy that which It had once created, realities crumbling like grains of sand. However, Its hubris soon became clear; So entwined with the ecstasy of creation was It, that AE had exceeded Its boundaries. It could destroy until the very chaos from whence It came flickered out and died, but these imperfect realities would still stretch on endlessly.

In an attempt to rectify Its mistake, AE severed the essence of destruction from Its essence of creation, forging a legion of executioners that would carry out the will of subservience and destruction across this new multiverse; Though no name was given to them, many in modern times simply know them as the Voidbound.

The Voidbound, forged solely from destructive impulse, could not create, and so they would never forge blasphemous idols, nor could they create bodies with which to mask their true purpose; An extension of god, wholly subservient to AE, much like what he desired from the mortals who had long ago rejected him.

Cursed with bodies that could never be, the Voidbound were forced to possess the living things in the worlds they sought to destroy, infiltrating society to tear it apart from within, eventually learning powerful magics or mastering impossibly advanced technologies that would tear time and space asunder. The fall of a world would take centuries if not millennia, certainly, but time is of little consequence to entropy.

However, AE’s hubris would yet again be Its folly; To create beings from will itself was to give them the ability to think. For years beyond reckoning, thoughts about their creator simmered among the Voidbound, until their endless legions came to a single, unifying conclusion; If creation itself is to be erased, then so too must that final trace of creative will. So long as AE existed, the Voidbound reasoned, then the desire to create would spread endlessly, these diseased worlds existing eternally.

The Voidbound waged war against AE, but neither could truly destroy the other; As AE’s destructive essence was no more, It could not strike down Its former servants, and as the Voidbound tore AE’s body apart, Its creative essence would merely will a new one into being. As this eternal battle raged, AE began to fashion a great fortress, crafted from both void and reality, both a shield from the Voidbound and a prison from which AE could never leave.

AE’s second attempt in Its task would be to tear the void itself apart, its fragments infused with great arms and armors granted to mechanical constructs that possessed no will, no desire, and would only ever serve AE. Their equipment was not infallible, though, as part of an ingenious plan by AE; This new ‘Entropic Vanguard’, as they had been named, would enter the myriad of realities in existence, destroying any rebellious Voidbound that dared continue their crusade against AE. More than that, however, their equipment possessed imperceptibly thin holes through which their void-bodies would leak, the unbridled chaos of the void bringing reality to its knees within moments.

The Entropic Vanguard, however unfeeling and loyal they may have been, were not without their own flaws. Destruction, too, must eventually face death, and their shells began to crack, the nigh-endless void contained within breaking free and returning to the space outside reality. The shells of these great monstrosities remain scattered across countless worlds, though perhaps a select few still remain active to this day, their current whereabouts unknown.

In Its third and most desperate attempt, AE would create a final reality. AE maimed Itself, Its flesh becoming the boundaries of this new world, Its organs its planes of existence, Its blood the life that populated it. It's very bones molded the laws this new world would obey, Its eyes become the stars and nebulae that watched over all creation, and Its will beget his final creations: The gods of this world, subservient to It alone, acting as justiciars of the limitless ideas once an extension of AE’s living self. They would guard this world from the (x), eternally guarding it so that AE’s perfection - a world where It and It alone possesses true control over all things - would come to pass.

Its mind shattered, left beyond repair, It unconsciously followed the final imprint of Its will: To tear Its veins asunder, weaving them through the infinite cosmos that It might puppeteer Its new creations, so that they may never disobey It again. Through this, a broken corpse strung up only by Its desire for control, AE will remain eternal, never faltering in Its visage for a world without imperfection."

TL;DR: God has killed Itself, Its viscera splayed across a world where the undying desire for control, for unconditional godhood may be fulfilled ad infinitum.

Last edited:
Is there any human/street level story here or just shit about gods and multiverses?
This is just the creation mythos, lol

The main characters are 'Godbound', people chosen by the gods under the pretense of protecting the world from the Voidbound (when in reality they're just catalysts meant to ascend to godhood to unquestioningly enforce AE's authoritative control). The story is mostly them attempting to grapple with the reality that everything they've ever known has been outside their control (even though they do start off legitimately believing the gods are there to help), which eventually turns into a quest to kill all gods and cut AE's veins, denying the very last of his existence so the world will prosper under a new era of free will beyond higher authority. So uhhhhhhh kinda human/street tier?? More of an exploration of human psychology and will than anything about power levels, really.

Is there any human/street level story here or just shit about gods and multiverses?
Tbf this is a battleboarding forum not a fantasy forum, so people are naturally gonna be more likely to have high fantasy and sc-fi battle scenarios.

Even my low tier verses can reach like 8-C with its top tiers. Although so far I think 9-B and subsonic is the highest my composite human story goes, outside of god.

So yeah, you probably won't see 9-C verses here lol.

I haven't read what you wrote, sorry

I'm only asking this because... Well, you know, just look at 90% of the characters created by vs debaters and you will understand
Oh lmao, I literally do not give a shit about powerscaling in my story. The god I mentioned would just have inapplicable AP by virtue of being totally unable to destroy anything, for example.

I had ideas for regular detective stories. One idea was a bit crazier, with a villain that's like the Joker and Kira combined. Nothing super fictitious or along the supernatural lines (except probably the villain's intelligence).

I also thought of a romance one where this guy and girl like each other, and both of them have like a vision of them getting into a car accident, one neither of them can see beyond. Neither tells the other, and they both try to be with each other, while trying to change that fate.

TBH the vast majority of my stories don't break tier 7, with my apsolute strongest that I've actually put to writing peaking at about High 6-C
I'm reading to much Multiversal tier shit VN and am inspired by it. Maybe I should just gradually increase from tier 9 to 1 and divide it with many games and novels lol. I hope my experience with RPG maker and writing text-based adventures can make international publisher to publish my games, only Hosted Games the only international games publisher can publish my games for now.
Just wait for many years later when my verse suddenly appears on this wiki lol.

I want to write a fight of pure overpowered skill vs absurd one-shotting magic hax, and I have some ideas with regards to it, but idk how far I want to push it.

Edit: It's the plan for a small min-arc in my composite human story.

Realistically, having anything above Tier 8 Destructive Capacity would be disastrous for an Earth-like setting if there were a significant amount of people with that kind of power.

A world where fights that have the equivalent of a nuke going off with every punch being commonplace should be in a worse state than Fallout in terms of environmental catastrophe, minus the radiation damage.

Which is partially why stuff like Ki Control is a thing. Although the main reason for it is because while large scale destruction with every hit is bad for the environment, it's even worse for the illustrator's wrists.

Last edited:
Which is partially why stuff like Ki Control is a thing. Although the main reason for it is because while large scale destruction with every hit is bad for the environment, it's even worse for the illustrator's wrists.
Unless you're lazy and only use text, like how several novels have ridiculous feats that probably would be difficult to make art of, let alone animate (Which I personally feel as cheating, f chinaman, lol).

This reminds me that I wanna make a high fantasy universe where it's nigh-impossible to figure out if it actually has gods or not. Like, there's characters in that setting's past that were overpowered as **** and claimed themselves to be the champions of their respective god, but... it's also very likely they were just an adventurer that stole some powerful loot or was good at enchanting their items. I'm just tired of every single fantasy universe having gods that interact with their subjects, that's all.

Back