• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

Hmm, being a ghost in the setting is already miserable. Being a spirit is technically considered semi divine, but it’s the agonizing intermediary step between divinity and mortality. But I do like the idea of a malicious magic user continuing on as an evil spirit.

The year 2019 marked the end of the human race in all of its glory. It happened over the course of a few hours. “It’s happening all over the world! I’m afraid this is the end.” News casters announced the end of the world as natural disasters pelted everything. Tsunami’s which engulf entire islands, every volcano erupting at once, earthquakes, tornados, and hurricanes destroying everything.

It was truly the apocalypse, not a single human had been safe from the destruction. However, miraculously enough, every single species other than humans managed to survive this ‘End Of the World” Apocalypse. It took no more than a few decades before the earth had been restored and reborn in full. Looking down at the rebuilt earth from a place which is completely unreachable by anything physical, a gigantic figure speaks. “The earth has been restored, as I have prophesied.”

As the figure waves its hand, the lost souls which were killed by the disaster are drawn into its palm. The souls then mish and mash together, eventually becoming one single soul. The newly created meek and scared soul looks up at its creator. It cannot make out it’s creator’s face, nor the exact shape of its gigantic figure...Only that it is vaguely human shaped. The figure then speaks down at the now lone soul. “You’ve caused a lot of trouble lately. Your sins cannot go unpunished, Human.”

The soul shaked and released a wet spiritual substance which seemed to resemble tears. “You’re to be banished to another realm which I manage. Where every other abomination is settled. The Nether World. You shall be the only of your species, for this reason, I have fused all of you into one. You shall suffer loneliness, ineptitude, and helplessness in the next life.” The soul wanted to speak up and plead its case to it’s creator, but how could it? It was merely a soul not even possessing a body, let alone a voice. “Now begone.”

And with the sound of its creator's voice, everything went black…

“Are you okay?”
As the soul’s consciousness slipped into existence, it could hear a strange voice which seemed to be coming from above. It’s eyes opened slowly, but they couldn’t manage to focus on anything for what seemed like a long time. “..Ugh..”
As its eyes had finally managed to focus, it saw something which resembled the face of a human right above it. Thick orange hair covering it’s head with cat ears, it has a distinctly human-like appearance, despite having an additional appendage in the form of a furry tail and its facial features being dissimilar from any ethnic group the soul was aware of.

It has clothes hiding it’s sexual organs, and it’s standing on two legs, so the soul could decipher that it’s intelligence is probably similar to the humans which existed in its old world. “Ahh!”
“-Ahh!”
The soul screams after it gazes upon the strange creature for a bit, which causes the creature to also scream. The creature hides behind a tree, and peaks out at the soul while shaking.“...?” After seeing the creature’s reaction, the soul believes that the creature is likely not a threat and breathes a sigh of relief. The soul then looks down at its own hands to see that it now, once again, resides within a human body. It is no longer a mere shivering soul. “...Who are y-you...?” The soul asks, surprised at the sound of its own voice which was a strange but perfect mixture of man and woman, in reference to its tone.

“Uh...my name is R-Rhubey..” The soul listened to the creature’s tone which, upon further listening, sounded like the voice of a young girl. [Rhu-, as in Rude. Bey, as in Bee. I see.] The soul thought to itself. “Wha-...What’s your name?” The feminine creature asks, expecting an immediate answer. However, the soul pauses at that question, and becomes lost in thought. [My..name…] It didn’t know what to say. In truth, it had very many names. A lot of which it didn’t even remember. After thinking for a few more seconds, the soul decides on a name to call itself in its new body, in this new world. It would call itself a gender neutral name of one of its favorite birds. “My name is Robin.”

The girl comes out from behind the tree and seems to have relaxed a bit ...but her relaxed expression quickly returns to its previous state as Robin stands up, and Rhubey’s eyes travel down ‘his’ body. “Gah!! You’re a man!?” As Robin looks down at his body, he quickly covers his chest and pelvic region with two different hands. He sees two grapefruit sized ‘melons’ sticking out from his chest, all the while touching a soft external organ in his pelvic region. [I see…] It wasn’t hard for him to figure out that he had been reborn with both male and female reproductive organs. Half of his soul was female, after all. After he explained his situation a bit, Rhubey gives him a large cloth to cover himself. Rhubey then takes Robin through the forest, to her home where a lot of other individuals with animal appendages similar to Rhubey are stationed.

“W-Welcome to my village Robin!” After Rhubey says such, Robin closely observes the village. It’s a place in the middle of the forest, and made up of small wooden huts. There appears to be around 100 or so villagers, many of which being teenagers and small children, who all come out to greet Robin with smiles.

“Wow, you’re so weird looking!”
“Yeah, yeah!” As Robin looks around, he notices that there doesn’t seem to be a single adult in the village. Only children and teenagers like Rhubey, who looked like a 14 or 15 year old girl. Robin spends most of the day talking with the children; who give him food, water, and shelter at the end of the day. He lays his head on a bed made of hay as he thinks about the day he’s had. [There’s only kids here...why is that? What happened to all of the adults?] Robin didn’t bother to ask such a question directly, as he had a feeling that there was probably a bad situation behind it.

Instead of going to sleep, Robin spent the entire time wondering about his situation. He could vaguely remember his conversation with ‘that being’, his creator who stood above him in every way. Although he was aware of his soul being made up of 7.7 billion souls, he didn’t remember much from the lives that the souls which make up his own lived. There was only one thing which he could clearly remember, and that was the agony and sorrow that they felt in their final moments. A feeling which Robin had fully inherited from the souls. It truly terrified him, the power of that being, the ‘God’ that a good portion of the souls which make up his existence prayed to every day. The feeling of betrayal that those souls felt... He also thought about that god’s final words before sending him off. [‘The Nether World’...huh…]

When he first heard the phrase, he had thought that it would be similar to the idea of ‘hell’, a place where he would suffer eternal damnation in hellfire at the hands of evil demons far more terrible than any human could imagine. However, that didn’t seem to be the case so far.

The village of children seemed to be well kept by them, at the very least. The teenagers were good at hunting and gathering nuts and berries, so they weren’t particularly worried about starving. The place didn’t seem too bad considering the situation...but… [There’s something deeper behind this place.] Just as he thinks as such, he hears birds chirping, and realizes that it is already sunrize.

By the time Robin had gotten up and out of bed, the sun was already well into the sky on a fairly warm day. He hears a loud rumbling noise coming from the center of the village where he had been taken to yesterday. He quickly jogs over and nimbly hides behind a hut to listen in on what was happening.
“We want it now, understand?”
“Y-Yes..”
Robin looked over to see three figures. Muscle bound men with green skin, which was covered in warts and acne. They all stand well over 3 meters tall. He looked down to see the people who they were talking to. Rhubey; and three other teenagers who had introduced themselves yesterday as Nupinu, Kuroki, and Gergo. All three of them held their heads down as the leader of the three large creatures spoke.

“You know what happens when you disobey us, right?” The large green man wraps his hand around Rhubey’s entire head. “Y-Yes mister Oogak…” Rhubey responds with a shaking voice, as Robin looks at the situation with an expression filled with anger. Without thinking, Robin jumps out from behind the hut where he had been hiding and steps out right behind Rhubey and her friends. “...Who are you?” Oogak asks while releasing his hand from Rhubey’s head. As Rhubey turns around to see Robin, her face is filled with horror which strikes down to her very core. “My name is Robin.”, “...What are you?” Oogak looked at Robin curiously with a serious expression. “...I am, a vampire.”, “Gah!?”
At Robin’s words, everyone collectively held their breath. A vampire!?
Robin didn’t know this at the time, but in this world vampires are less similar to creepy monsters of the night who feast and secret and more akin to walking natural disasters who harshly feats upon and enslave every race they come across. Although they are solitary creatures, a single vampire has enough power to wipe out entire villages. A terrifying existence which cannot be reasoned with, that’s how they’re viewed in this world.
The three Ogres noticeably began to shake in terror just from hearing the word. One of them even took several steps back before stumbling off of their feet on reflex.

“Gah, dammit! ****! We’re leaving for now, but we’ll be back in three days!” The three green men hurriedly rushed off from the village in a terrified frenzy, leaving it in a state of shock. “R-Robin, are you really a vampire?” Rhubey asks Robin. “No, I lied.”

“Nuh- Why’d you do that!?” Rhubey bites her tongue while trying to release a quick comment, but quickly recovers. “I didn’t like how he treated you guys.”

“If Ogres and people like you exist here, I figured that vampires are also a thing in this place, and if they’re anything like the legends I know, Ogres would naturally be afraid of them.” As Robin looks over to Rhubey, he can see that she’s visibly shaking. “B-But...now they’ll come back with a force strong enough to take on a vampire.”, “You’re right.” Robin smiles. “Now, you just have to defeat them in battle.”

“Defeat…” It was official in Rhubey’s head. Robin is insane. Even though there were more villagers here than there were Ogres, the natural strength and toughness of an Ogre made it impossible to defeat them in battle, especially with a force made up of only children.
Robin puts his hand on Rhubey’s shoulder and somehow, as she looks at his confident expression, her shaking stops. “Listen Rhubey, more than anything, war is about outsmarting your enemy and advancing ahead of them to the next stage.”

Robin says before yelling out to the other children who are shaking, scared and crying. “I will teach all of you about the art of war!” Robin says with a thunderous voice as he stomps on the ground beneath him.

This tale is a story of humanity itself living on in a new world after being annihilated by god. The most awful, most terrible abomination ever given life. The human.

Edit: Wrote this in 2019
Funny i'm getting likes on this now after all this time

Just want to drop my novel Prologue here...

Hearken, and know that this world, crafted by the hands of the divine, is not without flaws. Yet, do not despair, for these imperfections do not detract from its splendor, but rather, serve as a crucible for greatness.

For it is through the crucible of imperfection that one can ascend to the apex of being, the pinnacle of creation. It is in the face of obstacles and challenges that one hones their skills, fortifies their spirit, and emerges from the fires of adversity stronger and more resilient than ever before.

So let not the imperfections of this world dismay you, for they are but stepping stones on the path to greatness. Embrace them, conquer them, and let them propel you to heights beyond your wildest dreams.

Behold, for I bring to thee a tale of a man who, forged in the crucible of worldly trials, emerged with a spirit tempered like the finest steel. Through trials and tribulations, he journeyed on, steadfast in his resolve to attain perfection.

With a heart of iron and a will of diamond, he weathered every challenge that came his way, and in doing so, he transformed into a paragon of strength, courage, and determination.

Behold, I present to you the story of my son, a tale that shall echo throughout the ages, transcending the bounds of time and space.

For in the annals of history, there shall be no greater account of valor and courage, no greater testament to the indomitable human spirit than that which is writ in the saga of my son.

As I enter this peaceful and charming village nestled in the verdant hills of the Edo countryside, the tranquil beauty of the babbling brook winding through the town square immediately catches my attention. The path is lined with rows of delicate cherry blossom trees, their petals gently swaying in the breeze.

The small houses that line the streets have a quaint and well-maintained appearance, with their thatched roofs and polished wooden facades. In the distance, a majestic mountain range looms tall and proud, its snow-capped peaks soaring high above the clouds.

The bustling marketplace is alive with the sounds of haggling merchants and contented townsfolk enjoying sizzling yakitori and savory ramen. The grand temple dedicated to the local deities stands in the heart of the square, adorned with intricate carvings and golden accents.

In the distance, I glimpse samurai warriors clad in colorful armor and wielding gleaming katanas, honing their skills with fluid and precise movements that speak to their unyielding dedication and discipline.

As the sun begins to set, the village comes alive with the vibrant sound of taiko drums and traditional folk songs, as the locals gather to revel in the beauty and tranquility of their beloved homeland - a timeless place steeped in tradition and imbued with the honorable spirit of the samurai.

As I took one last look at the beautiful scenery, my heart weighed heavy with the thought that it could be the last time I would ever see it. The emotions running through me were complex and fleeting, making it hard to tell if I would make it out alive from the upcoming battle against the demon king and his army.

With each step I took towards the brewing storm, I drew strength from the bravery and courage that had made me a renowned warrior. I was fully aware of the dangers that awaited me in the battles ahead, but I was determined to face them with unwavering courage and conviction. I knew that this fight would be an uphill battle, but I was resolved to fight till the end, not just for myself, but for those who believed in me and for the values that I held dear.

I lower my gaze and fix my eyes upon the glowing display, eager to check every detail of my status screen.

[Name: Setsuna Altaus]

Class: Ronin

Level: 50

Race: Human?

Stats:

Strength: 90

Agility: 95

Constitution: 80

Intelligence: 85

Wisdom: 75

Charisma: 70

Skills:

Swordsmanship: 100.

Onmyouji: 90

Stealth: 80,

Perception: 85

Athletics: 75

[Leadership: 70]​

As I examine my status screen, my heart swells with pride, for I have become a legendary warrior. Although I'm unsure if it's enough to face the demon king's generals, I will fight with honor, guided by my values and philosophy.

As I find myself engulfed in a whirlwind of emotions, a mysterious figure emerges from the shadows. Adorned in a sleek black hakama, a samurai with a piercing gaze approaches me. His name is Tatsuya Nakamura, a legendary warrior of the highest order, whose reputation as a loyal servant of the esteemed Emperor precedes him.

With a calm and composed demeanor, Tatsuya Nakamura strides forward, emanating an aura of power and authority. His eyes, shining with an otherworldly intensity, pierce through the veil of falsehoods and expose the very core of my existence.

Amidst the festive chaos and revelry of the matsuri celebration, Tatsuya Nakamura stands steadfast, a beacon of hope amidst the darkness. His unbreakable strength and resilience fill me with a newfound sense of purpose and determination. With a single glance, he feels my pain and offers me solace. His compassionate gaze pacifies the turbulence in my heart and illuminates a clear path forward, one filled with hope and direction.

And then, he posed a question to me, his voice carrying with it a weight that shook my very soul. "Are you filled with fear?" he asked, his gaze intense and penetrating, seeming to pierce through the very depths of my being.

As he spoke, his words seemed to carry with them the weight of centuries, resonating with the echoes of warriors long since passed. His very presence was imbued with an aura of power and strength, like the mighty oaks of a forest that have withstood the test of time.

In the face of such a figure, I felt my resolve faltering, the fear rising within me like a storm cloud on the horizon. But still, I met his gaze, feeling a newfound courage welling up within me.

For a moment, there was nothing but the sound of the festival surrounding us, the cacophony of laughter and music serving as a backdrop to the confrontation before us. And then, I found my voice, barely above a whisper, but still resolute.

"Yes," I replied, my eyes never leaving his. "I am scared. But that fear will not stop me from facing whatever lies ahead."

With a calm and composed demeanor, he settled beside me, casting a compassionate glance in my direction. "Impressive," he remarked with a tone of admiration, "Your courage and tenacity are to be commended. Facing an enemy such as this is no small feat, even for a seasoned warrior like myself."

As he spoke, his words held the weight of experience and wisdom, a testament to the countless battles he had fought and the lessons he had learned. Yet, despite his own achievements, he did not seek to belittle or diminish mine, but rather to honor and acknowledge the bravery that lay within me.

In a world that often values strength and power above all else, it was a rare and precious gift to be seen and understood on such a profound level. His empathy and compassion touched something deep within me, stirring a sense of belonging and connection that I had not felt in a long time.

And so, with his words and his presence, he instilled within me a newfound sense of hope and confidence. For in the face of adversity and challenge, I knew that I was not alone. I had a companion, a mentor, and a friend, whose guidance and support would help me navigate the path ahead with grace and resilience.

I inquired of the seasoned Samurai, "If you were to emerge triumphant from this battle, what would you do?"

In response, the warrior sat down beside me and spoke with a casual yet profound air. "My loyalty to the Tenno family transcends not only this lifetime, but all of my lifetimes," he said. "It is my duty to defend this land against any and all invaders. Even if the entire cosmos were to crumble to dust, and the Heavenly Emperor were to command me to remain, I would stay without hesitation."

As he spoke these words, his countenance emanated a sense of unwavering conviction, as if he had already faced the destruction of the universe and emerged unscathed. I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and admiration for this warrior, whose sense of duty and loyalty were truly unshakeable, even in the face of utter annihilation.

I took a deep breath and gathered my courage to ask the question that had been weighing heavily on my mind. "Forgive me, but I must ask," I said hesitantly, "Why did you take me under your wing and train me in the ways of the samurai?"

The older samurai let out a hearty laugh, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Why, my dear pupil, it is because I found you to be a most intriguing and fascinating young man," he said, patting my back. "A boy who hails from a world beyond our own? Such a rare and wondrous sight!"

His words took me aback, and I couldn't help but feel a twinge of embarrassment. Was I really just an amusing curiosity to him? But then, as I looked into his wise and weathered face, I saw a glimmer of something more.

"You see," he continued, his tone growing more serious, "I may have started training you out of mere curiosity, but as time passed, I came to see in you a strength and potential that I had not anticipated. A spirit that burns with a fierce determination and a heart that beats with a deep sense of justice."

The old samurai's words struck a chord within me, filling me with a sense of pride and purpose. For a moment, it felt as though he could see right through me, to the very core of my being.

"And so," he concluded, his voice echoing with the weight of his conviction, "I trained you to become a legendary warrior, because I believe that you have the power to change the world. To make a difference in a way that no one else can. And that, my dear pupil, is why I saved you."

"I will not disappoint you," I declare confidently, feeling a renewed sense of purpose and determination. "I will fulfill the expectation you have of me."

The older samurai smiles warmly at my response. "Ah, that is the spirit, my young friend!" he exclaims with a glint in his eye. "I have faith that you will succeed in your task. But for now, let us savor this magnificent festival and revel in its beauty and wonder. "

But even as the weight of our impending battle loomed over us, we set aside our worries for a time and savored the fleeting moments of joy amidst the bustling festival.

We reveled in the lively music, the colorful decorations, and the delicious food that surrounded us. And as the night wore on, we laughed and shared stories, forging a bond that would sustain us in the trials to come.

But as the night grew old, a sense of solemnity descended upon us. The dawn of our fateful battle against the army of the demon king was fast approaching, and we knew that we must steel ourselves for the impending conflict.

With heavy hearts, we bid each other farewell, our spirits fortified by the knowledge that we faced our greatest challenge yet with comrades at our side.

I approached the battlefield, where the ranks of the Emperor's army were mustering. As I searched for my mentor, Tatsuya Nakamura, I felt a sense of trepidation and unease. After all, I had no ties to this distant land of Edo, no personal stake in this conflict. And yet, a deep conviction burned within me, a fierce determination to protect the smiles of innocent people, to fight for my ideals and philosophy, no matter the cost.

When I finally laid eyes on old samurai, my heart swelled with a mix of emotions: admiration, gratitude, and a sense of kinship that transcended all cultural and national barriers. Here was a man who had devoted his entire life to serving the Tenno family and protecting the realm from all who would threaten it. And yet, he had taken me under his wing, a stranger from a foreign land, and taught me the ways of the samurai.

As I stood there, readying my sword and steeling my resolve, I felt a sense of purpose and belonging that I had never known before. This was not just a battle for land and power, for honor and glory. This was a battle for the very soul of humanity, for the values that we hold dear and the people we love. And in that moment, I knew that I would give everything I had, even my own life, to ensure that those values and people would endure.

So I raised my head high, fixed my gaze on the horizon, and shouted with all my might: "For the sake of all that is good and just, I will fight with all my heart and soul! Let us charge into battle and emerge victorious, for the people, for the land, for the future!"

Amidst the roar of the soldiers and the clashing of weapons, I stand firmly on the battlefield, my mentor Tatsuya Nakamura by my side. Though I have no familial ties to the empire of Edo, I am bound by something greater, a desire to defend the innocent and fight for what I believe in.

The soldiers around me let out a mighty cheer, their spirits lifted by our presence. My mentor's face bears a proud smile, his eyes sparkling with admiration. And then, the Emperor himself approaches me, his regal presence commanding attention.

"You know that you are not obligated to stay here and fight, yes?" the Emperor asks me, his voice carrying an air of concern. "You could leave and go back to your own world. So why do you choose to stay and fight for this land?"

His words give me pause, and I take a moment to consider my answer. Then, with a firm resolve, I reply in a voice that carries through the din of battle.

"My allegiance lies not with any particular land or kingdom, but with the principles of justice and righteousness," I say, my gaze meeting the Emperor's. "I fight to protect the innocent, to preserve the values that I hold dear, and to honor the legacy of those who have fought and died before me."

As I finish speaking, a hush falls over the battlefield, the clanging of swords and the cries of the soldiers fading into the background. The Emperor regards me with a sense of awe and admiration, his eyes shining with a newfound respect.

"Truly, you are a warrior of noble spirit and unbreakable resolve," the Emperor says, his voice tinged with reverence. "You honor us with your presence, and we shall fight alongside you with all our might."

With those words, the soldiers let out a thunderous cheer, their spirits lifted by the Emperor's words.

As we stood there in the battlefield, a sudden rumbling shook the ground beneath us. The sky overhead turned dark and foreboding, as if a great storm was brewing. And then we heard it - the deafening roar of the demon king's army approaching.

From the distance, we could see monsters and otherworldly creatures of all shapes and sizes, marching forward with an unholy fury. It was as if a legion of darkness had descended upon the land, threatening to consume everything in its path.

My heart raced with fear and anticipation, but I knew that I had to remain resolute. This was the moment I had trained for, the moment when I would put my skills and courage to the ultimate test. I tightened my grip on my sword, ready to face whatever horrors lay ahead.

My mentor stood beside me with a look of fierce determination. His eyes blazed with a fire that could only come from a warrior who had faced countless battles and emerged victorious. I knew that I could count on him, that he would guide me through this trial and help me emerge victorious.

As we awaited the inevitable clash, I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and wonder at the spectacle before us. It was as if we were facing a great and terrible destiny, one that would determine the fate of the entire land. And yet, even in the face of such overwhelming odds, I knew that we could prevail. For we were not just fighting for ourselves, but for the people we loved and the ideals we held dear.

With a deep breath and a steely resolve, we braced ourselves for the coming onslaught. The battle against the demon king army had begun.
Funny i'm getting likes on this now after all this time
Bruh, sorry for not knowing.

Honestly I've had this concept in my head for the past few days and I really wanted to share it.

It's about a man named "Jin" who is an extremely talented mercenary and militant, one of the best in the business who'd made a name for himself across the world as a killing machine. At the age of 78, Jin goes on one last job, meant to be the last one before he finally retires from the mercenary life and settles down off the grid. The job isn't what it seems, though, the information he was given was totally off the mark, and his targets seemingly knew he was coming. Jin's expertise is to deep for this to hinder him, though, he gets the job done all the same like he has all these years. But, just as he thinks he's taken out all the targets, and finally, finally let his guard down for once in his life, one of the targets reveals they were actually alive, and they shoot Jin in the head. Jin's life flashes before his eyes as the bullet barrels through his brain, killing him in an instant... It's over for him. But, only a moment later, he awakens.

...But he's not himself.

Jin finds himself in an unfamiliar environment, in an unfamiliar body. His voice, his appearance, all of it has changed. Jin soon finds that after his death, he was reincarnated 2000 years into the future, where humanity has become impossibly more advanced than his time in technology and power. Unluckily for him, though, he was reincarnated in the body of 16-year old student "Ruby Asterisk", a young girl who he knows absolutely nothing about, with a family who he knows absolutely nothing about, effectively hijacking her life against his will.

Jin, now known as Ruby, explores the new futuristic Earth, where humans fight against an everlasting alien threat with supernatural abilities and technology. He does all this while doing his best to(and mostly failing) play the role of a young, innocent highschool girl, while also learning about her life and her goals.

I really like this concept and really wanna pursue it icl.

Honestly I've had this concept in my head for the past few days and I really wanted to share it.

It's about a man named "Jin" who is an extremely talented mercenary and militant, one of the best in the business who'd made a name for himself across the world as a killing machine. At the age of 78, Jin goes on one last job, meant to be the last one before he finally retires from the mercenary life and settles down off the grid. The job isn't what it seems, though, the information he was given was totally off the mark, and his targets seemingly knew he was coming. Jin's expertise is to deep for this to hinder him, though, he gets the job done all the same like he has all these years. But, just as he thinks he's taken out all the targets, and finally, finally let his guard down for once in his life, one of the targets reveals they were actually alive, and they shoot Jin in the head. Jin's life flashes before his eyes as the bullet barrels through his brain, killing him in an instant... It's over for him. But, only a moment later, he awakens.

...But he's not himself.

Jin finds himself in an unfamiliar environment, in an unfamiliar body. His voice, his appearance, all of it has changed. Jin soon finds that after his death, he was reincarnated 2000 years into the future, where humanity has become impossibly more advanced than his time in technology and power. Unluckily for him, though, he was reincarnated in the body of 16-year old student "Ruby Asterisk", a young girl who he knows absolutely nothing about, with a family who he knows absolutely nothing about, effectively hijacking her life against his will.

Jin, now known as Ruby, explores the new futuristic Earth, where humans fight against an everlasting alien threat with supernatural abilities and technology. He does all this while doing his best to(and mostly failing) play the role of a young, innocent highschool girl, while also learning about her life and her goals.

Nice. Kinda reminds me of that one isekai where the MC is a Sci-Fi/fantasy galactic overlord (A bit different since one is on earth and the other takes place across an entire galaxy). Very much a breath of fresh air in a genre filled with almost entirely high fantasy.

The key is the world building and making the overall political systems and universe itself unique and interesting.

Yeah, that makes sense. I did think it'd be sort of a breath of fresh air for a "reincarnation" story to be set in a more futuristic setting in comparison to literally every other Isekai that has magic, a leveling system, and generic tropes like that.

Dropping some ideas I have here in case I forget them.

- A modern day man regrets his current life and hates his own family, and wishes he had a more exciting life. His wish is granted, and he gets isekai'd into, you guessed it, a high fantasy world. The plot basically starts out like the average isekai, where the protagonist enjoys his new life and becomes the local hero and helps out the societies of this world. He then finds out that there are other people from his world that were also sent here, and he starts questioning if he did the right thing, as he realizes that he actually enjoys interacting with the people from the real world instead of all the fantasy people he helped out. He regrets his wish, and later finds out that someone in this world is the one responsible for all the wishgranting, and begins searching for them. Along the way, he realizes that he'll never be able to return to the real world properly, as he soon discovers what happened to his wife and children.

- Set in yet another high fantasy universe, a knight, who is in fact a sentient set of enchanted armor, is awakened from his deep slumber after succesfully defending his kingdom and leading it to victory in the last war he fought in. When he leaves his tomb, however, he finds out that the world he once knew had completely changed. The king of the kingdom he fought for is now a dying, elderly man. The king's son, who he had never met as he was born while still in slumber, is now old enough to become heir to the throne, and his kingdom is now slowly forming an alliance with the other two civilizations he thought he absolutely devastated, those being the kingdom of the elves and the remaining orc tribes. Despite the land seemingly being in an era of peace, he finds out the reason he was forced to serve his kingdom once more is because of what was transpiring behind the kingdom's walls. The sky and weather were wildly different, the local crop and forests began to die, and the orc tribes, who became very docile, have found themselves waging war against anyone and anything that stood before them. As he journeys to find out what supernatural force is behind all of these events, he struggles and faces his outdated views on the other races, while also having to learn how to fight using skill alone as not all of his dormant powers had been awakened yet.

- A couple's relationship is torn apart because of two ideologies that formed in the sci-fi setting they live in, one that has to do with remaining as a pure, fleshy and living being, and the other becoming and transcending as a heavily augmented machine. Decades later, the husband returns to the planet they once lived in, which has been completely augmented and taken over by its sole resident, that being his wife. What follows is a bittersweet story between a dying man and an immortal, all-mighty machine trying to make ammends.

...But he's not himself.

Might type up a draft for Chapter 1 of this tonight and send it here for possible critiques. Probably not the best thing I should be doing given I have an essay due, but, meh.

Alright cool-
Gere (sounds like "Gear", Latin for "Wear"), AKA Spirit, Cor, Mare (Mahr-eh), Flux, Ember, etc… depending on where you are- Emitted by living things, including plants, bacteria, and even viruses, and it passively clings around the organism before dispersing, naturally collecting in the air and water. Can be actively used by everyone to some degree, with basic gere use kinda needed for being a functional member of society. Animals can use it too, allowing for unrealistically big things being able to fly and do things like breathe fire, because dragons are awesome dammit. The flora, fauna, fungi, and other stuff of various ecosystems gives the gere in the air and water of each place their own distinctive atmosphere. Same goes for cities and towns, whose vibes can vary from “homely” to “soul crushingly monotonous”.

How much gere one has grows faster than how much gere they can output as they get stronger, and this is true for all living things. This means the fuel tank gets heavier more than thrust increases, leading to diminishing returns in speed. This also increases stamina, as it’ll take longer for one to exhaust everything they’ve got in the tank, so fights don’t get much shorter at higher levels even though they’re moving faster. To the fighters’ heightened perception, the fights get much longer.

It doesn’t help that one’s gere experiences drag against the gere in the environment, which also tanks speed at higher velocities where it stops being negligible. All these issues are referred to as “The Snowball Effect.” Certain techniques and fine control can get around this to an extent, allowing one to release far more gere at once, or greatly compress the flow of their natural cloak of gere to decrease their cross-sectional area to minimize drag, but the math is working against them.

All of this makes getting to space via using gere impossible for large vehicles, as they simply get too heavy to go fast enough no matter how they’re designed, and almost as impossible for people. The key word being almost.
Lignea-Vox, LV, or just the Vox: Means “Wooden Voice'', and it’s main method of communication. For context, colonial trees are genetically identical trees with interconnected root systems that come from a single seed, making them a single collective super-organism. Trimming/Clippings from two colonial trees have interlocked geres- meaning distortions in one cause equal distortions in the other- and these clips are inserted into two devices while covered in a resin that keeps them in suspension, but alive. One serves as the recorder, which is affected by the user speaking if they're actively focusing their gere. This distorts the clip’s gere, and then the other clip’s gere distorts in turn, while it’s hooked up to a surface that vibrates with it, producing sound.

The current range is a max of a couple dozen kilometers before the clips’ connection is stretched too thin for them to stay interlocked, although long distance communication via specific booths/stationary voxes is possible by basically hooking together a bunch of LVs like a chain every 30 kilometers or so. With that said, interference from the clips being in environments with too different atmospheres can diminish their reliability.

Each Vox has multiple slots for clips hooked up to the sound maker/receiver, which are basically one’s contacts, and the recorder as well, so multiple way calls are possible. The especially popular and/or busy may have a bag to keep all their contacts’ clippings in.

Apple Pando Inc. has been accused by many of having the resin encasing their clips wear out faster so the clippings die early, forcing people to buy new clips more often. Pando however has denied these accusations of planned obsolescence.

Other Tech: The setting also has the equivalent of radio, but no computers or calculators. Color video recorders and projectors using certain photosensitive / bioluminescent organisms have been made, although its usage is limited to movie theaters and the like at the present. They haven’t quite got something analogous to TV channels and the like, so people use the radio for news and stuff. Current idea is early 1900s in terms of tech.

Sealant: Catch-all name for material that gere has a hard time passing through, made up in order to explain how the clips don't all interfere with each other when put so closely in a Vox.

Lodestones: (Name’s an artifact from the old draft of the Power System which was based on ideas of charged fields and magnetic stuff, and I just like it too much to change it.) Lodes are a sort of natural sink for an environment’s gere. When brought into a new environment, they will release their stored gere while taking in the gere of the new environment.

Lodes can be used for a variety of applications, ranging from helping people acclimate while visiting different countries, to energy storage, to making one’s big city apartment feel less dead inside, to making bombs, to providing a buff during a fight. Properties depend on its size, and where it was found. Lodes in extreme environments can be toxic when extricated from their native scenery, thus most lodes are covered in sealant before transported elsewhere.

Last edited:
Alright cool-
Gere (sounds like "Gear", Latin for "Wear"), AKA Spirit, Cor, Mare (Mahr-eh), Flux, Ember, etc… depending on where you are- Emitted by living things, including plants, bacteria, and even viruses, and it passively clings around the organism before dispersing, naturally collecting in the air and water. Can be actively used by everyone to some degree, with basic gere use kinda needed for being a functional member of society. Animals can use it too, allowing for unrealistically big things being able to fly and do things like breathe fire, because dragons are awesome dammit. The flora, fauna, fungi, and other stuff of various ecosystems gives the gere in the air and water of each place their own distinctive atmosphere. Same goes for cities and towns, whose vibes can vary from “homely” to “soul crushingly monotonous”.

How much gere one has grows faster than how much gere they can output as they get stronger, and this is true for all living things. This means the fuel tank gets heavier more than thrust increases, leading to diminishing returns in speed. This also increases stamina, as it’ll take longer for one to exhaust everything they’ve got in the tank, so fights don’t get much shorter at higher levels even though they’re moving faster. To the fighters’ heightened perception, the fights get much longer.

It doesn’t help that one’s gere experiences drag against the gere in the environment, which also tanks speed at higher velocities where it stops being negligible. All these issues are referred to as “The Snowball Effect.” Certain techniques and fine control can get around this to an extent, allowing one to release far more gere at once, or greatly compress the flow of their natural cloak of gere to decrease their cross-sectional area to minimize drag, but the math is working against them.

All of this makes getting to space via using gere impossible for large vehicles, as they simply get too heavy to go fast enough no matter how they’re designed, and almost as impossible for people. The key word being almost.
Lignea-Vox, LV, or just the Vox: Means “Wooden Voice'', and it’s main method of communication. For context, colonial trees are genetically identical trees with interconnected root systems that come from a single seed, making them a single collective super-organism. Trimming/Clippings from two colonial trees have interlocked geres- meaning distortions in one cause equal distortions in the other- and these clips are inserted into two devices while covered in a resin that keeps them in suspension, but alive. One serves as the recorder, which is affected by the user speaking if they're activelu focusing their gere. This distorts the clip’s gere, and then the other clip’s gere distorts in turn, while it’s hooked up to a surface that vibrates with it, producing sound.

The current range is a max of a couple dozen kilometers before the clips’ connection is stretched too thin for them to stay interlocked, although long distance communication via specific booths/stationary voxes is possible by basically hooking together a bunch of LVs every 30 kilometers or so. With that said, interference from the clips being in environments with too different atmospheres can diminish their reliability.

Each Vox has multiple slots for clips hooked up to the sound maker/receiver, which are basically one’s contacts, and the recorder as well, so multiple way calls are possible. The especially popular and/or busy may have a bag to keep all their contacts’ clippings in.

Apple Pando Inc. has been accused by many of having the resin encasing their clips wear out faster so the clippings die early, forcing people to buy new clips more often. Pando however has denied these accusations of planned obsolescence.

Other Tech: The setting also has radio, but no computers or calculators. Color video recorders and projectors using certain photosensitive / bioluminescent organisms have been made, although its usage is limited to movie theaters and the like at the present. They haven’t quite got something analogous to TV channels and the like, so people use the radio. Current idea is early 1900s in terms of tech.

Sealant: Catch-all name for material that gere has a hard time passing through, made up in order to explain how the clips don't all interfere with each other when put so closely in a Vox.

Lodestones: (Name’s an artifact from the old draft of the Power System which was based on ideas of charged fields and magnetic stuff, and I just like it too much to change it.) Lodes are a sort of natural sink for an environment’s gere. When brought into a new environment, they will release their stored gere while taking in the gere of the new environment.

Lodes can be used for a variety of applications, ranging from helping people acclimate while visiting different countries, to energy storage, to making one’s big city apartment feel less dead inside, to making bombs, to providing a buff during a fight. Properties depend on its size, and where it was found. Lodes in extreme enviroments can be toxic when extricated from their native scenery, thus most lodes are covered in sealant before transported elsewhere.
This is all pretty unique I must admit.

Ah, cool

What does each god represent? Or is this one of those uncountable ones?
So there are different generations of deities. Each successive generation represents lesser things for the most part. So earlier generations represent things like Light, Darkness and the Sea. But many subsequent generations later, there are gods of like healing, luck, and forests.

So there are different generations of deities. Each successive generation represents lesser things for the most part. So earlier generations represent things like Light, Darkness and the Sea. But many subsequent generations later, there are gods of like healing, luck, and forests.
Alright, and are there any antagonistic forces (i.e, evil gods) in these ranks or are they united against a common enemy (Usually it's demons but it can vary)?

There’s a bit of both. On one hand evil deities exist, but also great evil beings outside the pantheon exist. The pantheon tends to unite against the outside evils which tend to be more destructive.

Finally getting motivation to work on Chapter 2. Hopefully I should be finished with it before nighttime.

Don't have any idea for a title of the story, tho.

There’s a bit of both. On one hand evil deities exist, but also great evil beings outside the pantheon exist. The pantheon tends to unite against the outside evils which tend to be more destructive.
Interesting... due to the way you worded it, are these outside evils gonna be one of those eldritch horror types?

Gonna write a poem right now at 5AM

The stars go out as if they're snow
The sky emits a reddish glow
It's morning now, the windows glow
And back to work the people go

The paths are snowed on over night
They're lit up by a dim white light
Of street lights strapped to lonely poles
That shine on houses, cars and walls

The air is fresh, untampered, clean
There's thousands snowflales to be seen
They rain from clouds that make the sky