• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

World of Potential - RP - Game Thread

"Well that's fancy."

Alan wonders for a second. He has been truly cut off from his original self. How... unusual. Does that make him independant now?

"Well, better test."

He throws his cigar away and... [test ability 1]

Aster looks at the ground with some surprise. Her feet aren't touching it.

This is completely different from flying in an aircraft.

She goes back to the ground and [test ability 1, 2 if the levitation was 1].

Vulcan glared at the man for a second, before walking away.

'I'm going to need to make some weapons, lots of them. I can't fight guys like that with a hammer alone' Vulcan thought to himself.

silently, he continued to try to test his new abilities, starting with ability 1.

@DMUA and @EVERYONE

"Right on the point, aren't you ? Well, that's simple !"

A map appears on the side of you vision, a map very much resembling that of Earth, while the wall behind the being shifts and bloats, as a giant door appears.

"There's two choises you can make, the first is to simply to go through this colossal entrance to face a challenge and test your powers, ooooooor you can enter one of the smaller doors and go anywhere on the planet you like, the choise is yours !"

He declares.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"It seems you have forgotted lad, you are no longer in your home world."

The being simply comments.

@Dragoonseraphim

You body turns into pure lightning, you become an etheral elemental born out of pure electricty !

@Oliver_de_jesus

His willpower surges forth akin to flame, surronding him in a fiery but heatless aura ! Furthermore, he feels he could shape it in other ways if he focused differently.

@WHYNAUT

[Nah, the levitarion isn't a ability by itself]

She has the feeling she needs choose a target to use the ability, for one can't lift emptyness after all.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The first is a simple healing magic, to fix both the organic and the inorganic. It futhermore functions as a purifcation spell, to remove status debuffs, infection and curruption.

The second spell is a support spell, allows to spawn an orb that provides passive healing and a majour amplification of statistics [+3 to one stat, +1 to all] to allies over a 20 meter area, but you feel you'll need proper time to set it up and can only have one active at the time.

The third is again a support spell, to increese the power of allies [+2 to three stats].

The last one is an offensive spell, allows to convert all the damage you've healed into an attack and with it apply the debuffs removed.

@CrimsonStarFallen

They feels space bend and twist, as a eldrich portal opens up in front of them. Though, it doen't seem to lead anywhere, as they didn't choose where to make it lead to.

@Andykhang

The first, is quite simply the cards themselves, featuring four kinds: A rockfall, a tornado, a tsunami and a firestorm.

The second, is 4 empty cards, you feel you could catch a natural event with them.

Te third, is a metaphorical 11 sided dice [each face rappresenting one of the classes minus eoJ] inside your mind, you feel you'll need it will automatically roll each time you use an ability. Though, with your luck, you feel like you could narrow it down to two possible outcomes of your choosing.

and finally, you have a "Get Out of Jail free" card ... you feel like it will be helpful in case you screw yourself over hard.

@Dusty_Raider

Two psychic orbs appear on either sides of her, she feels they are able something like minions, something that can produce shockwaves and attack on their own.

@Totadileplayz

An harp appears in her hands, as she can feel chaotic and naughty power coming from it.

@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

As you do so, your vision becomes tented blue. You feel you could build, fast, REALLY FAST. So fast that you could do so mid-combact, for it would take but mere thoughts. That is if, you have the materials to build the things.

@Listentomyrhytm

[Was mentally recounting and i seem to have forgot you, apologies]

They have the ability allows them to modify their own body, to change it and add new fuctions.

Their face would go to a ": )!" expression, as they nodded... Choosing to go through a small door as they modified their body to be... small enough to fit through the door. Wanting to go somewhere random on the planet!

Edward would be thinking about training his ability to see if he can manage to be like one of his favorite DB characters.

"I would probably choose to go with a group of people"

Aster takes out her cigar - she still hadn't gotten used to it anyway - and used abilities 1 through 4 on them. She paused after each ability to inspect the effects. She would decide whether to undergo the test or not afterwards.

"Whoa! now this will come in handy" Vulcan said, feeling the strange energy increase his building speed.

"But I shouldn't go taking on any challenge before I know everything I can do. Don't want to get myself killed now" Vulcan thought to himself.

Vulcan proceeds to test the rest of his abilities [Abilities 2-4]

Last edited:
Having been quiet the entire time, Regina concentrates trying to manifest her powers.

And as she does, she immediately tests out her abilities 1 through 4.

[Changed it to 4 for my own mental health]

@Lou_change

[Responding to you early since you were left behind]

As he focuses, an armosuit appears on his torso, as swell as golden helm on his head. At the same time, a gray staff appears in his hands, which despite it's relativelly small size, feels quite heavy. You feel monke king.

latest
61WmSmne0EL._AC_UL1000_.jpg
(not to scale)

The figure looks at the challenge door for a bit.

"Not much of a fighter."

They mumble, before beginning to look through the options for smaller doors, curious if anyone will follow.

Carmen says "Seriously, not helping the cupid's cause gacha. Do you know how hard it is to convince people, we're not cherubs? I am not an angel, nor was our kind ever one. We're related to gods loosely, in that our progenitor was one. " As she rants she strums out a song to try to power her first.

@Overlord775

“Any natural event...that sound kinda vague. Mysterious stranger, what count as “natural” event?”

“Also I can get more of those Blank card right?”

“Nevermind, I think I got it, somewhat.”

I then go toward the challenge door, testing out my new stuff.

...Do I really am that exciting with testing my new fangle powe-yeah, no shit everyone would. Going home can come later after you test your own stuff

@Overlord775

“...What?! ****, man. I can’t ******* clap his—Agh! Nah bruh, I ain’t playing with this shit. ******* got no home and shit...”

Shit. It’s about the hustle now. Gotta zip around, find some money the way I used to. Doing that gang shit. Can’t have these people crowding around me tho...

“...Are there people like us creepin around? Is this world trippin like these ************* right here? Gotta make sure so I can glock their asses before they see me.”

Ye. Take out the competition. Get more money.

@CrimsonStarFallen

For your second power, it's the ability to turn partially or full into an eldirch form, made of an odd matter that is like cold plasma. As such, things that work based on normal body fuctions don't work on it and it also allows them to regenerate faster (+3) to recovery), as swell as adding half the power stat to their physical blows.

For the third power, they feel able to bend space around their body, feeling like they could physically interact with and attack stuff much further away than they should be able to reach with their body.

For the fourth power, you can generate explosive eldrich drones out of your own flesh, which follow your commands. Up to 5 drones can exist at the same time.

@WHYNAUT

The first power allows her to make things float and moves them around by manipulating gravity, as swell as shoot them foward. She has the feeling this doesn't work well on living things tho.

With the second power meanwhile she can shoot out a gravitational well, a orb of intense gravity that pulls things to itself in a manner akin to how blackholes work but much less extreme.

As for the third power, it allow her to increese the gravity applied to people and/or things around her, greatly increesing their weight.

Lastly, the fourth power she can expell a giant gravity pulse to all around her body, though, she feels this on ability has a long cooldown.

For the second power, he feels the ability to create. Not just weapons and armors, but even constructs and structures.

For the third, he has control over his creations, being able to make them move on their own without direct control, as swell as recall them back to himself and repair them by simply pouring energy into them.

For the fourth ability, he feels like he could spawn into existance a projection of his mental landscape nto existance, a place he you could instantly craft weapons with mere thoughts and swarm your enemies with them. Though, to use it a rather chant needs to be perfomed first, not to talk about the insane amount of energy needed to keep it up.

@YungManzi

For the first power, she find herself capable of traforming into any shape she desires, of any size or form.

For the second, you can summon part of your psyche as separate shadow-like entities, which follow your command. (Up to two, they are effectivelly ghost and can phase through materials and levitate. Their apperence is up to you, as swell as their weapons and equipment, though it cannot be supernatural in nature like for exemple magic staffs or magic swords).

For the third power, you get a weapon. It's not a weapon in specific, for it can take any form you wish.

For your fourth power, you can choose one aspect from the surronding enviroment and incorporate it in your body, weapons and/or summons, gaining proprieties based on it. Only one propriety can be utilized at the time.

@Totadileplayz

[Choose three musical notes to play]

@Listentomyrhytm

As the robot enters through the door, they find themselves in a very green land.

maxresdefault.jpg

@The_Divine_Phoenix

There doesn't appear to be anything on the doors, for the choise on where they lead is the doctor ... though, it doesn't have to be a specific location, as they feel just asking for a kind of place or a chosen characteristic would work as swell.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"Correct ! There are quite a lot of other empowered beings throught the world."
The host explains.

@People Going Through the Challenge Door

As you pass through the door, you all find yourselves in a a classic Roman-style arena, standing at the gates of it.

From all around you and from the spectator seats, come the cheers of excited """people""", though they mostly resemble shadows than anything concrete, [This tadbit doen't apply to Dusty, since her character would be more bothered than anything by this and also anybody else who'd feel similarly so] meanwhile you can see the host standing in the Emperor's seat [the host in two places at once, yes]

In the center of the sperical arena, a giant, black and red stone is present.

"Welcome to the Arena challengers ! Welcome to this test trail of you powers !"

Cheers.exe

"In front of you stands a training dummy, something for you to beat up to get to learn better your power."

The stone shift and changes, it's form molding and separating, trasforming into a colossal stone golem, towering over all of you.

"Good luck, and mind not being squished !"

The host says the last part with an half-joking tone.

Last edited:
Aero would look around... Hm, maybe test out Ability 1 on here, hoping it's not gonna destroy the environment around them... yet.

“Aight. I’mma head out then. Need to pop a few xan’s before I deal with this kinda shit, bruh.”

Scattle tilts. Creaking the doorknob open on the smaller door.

"Alright, let's DOOOOOOOOO TTTTTTHHHHHHIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Martinann runs forward and hits the dummy with power 1

"Impressive.!" Vulcan said, looking at the variety of powers he had been granted. Not only were they all useful, they also seemed to be tailored to his natural talents.

"Hmm, it would probably be a good idea to test my powers a bit before I go out into the world. I can handle myself in a scrap, but I'm not a warrior, the more familiar I am with these new powers the better prepared I'll be to defend myself. Especially if we aren't the only people in this world with abilities. " Vulcan thought to himself.

With that thought in mind, Vulcan walks to the challenge door behind the others, intent on polishing the abilities he had discovered.

Alan looks at his powers with a look of approval. Not bad for a body totally disconnected from his true self.

He looks at Asten and smiles.

"Kids these days... although, this body is only 20 years old. I should have made it far less ragged if i knew this would have happened."

Shrugging, he walks through the challenge door.

[Gonna do a quick post for some actions to not make people waste action time]

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

As he opens the door, he finds himself in Bayonne like he wanted to.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

As the good doctor enter into the door, they find themselves in a quite large area of vegetation, a park if they knew them from their world, surronded by very tall, grey and blue structures.

@CrimsonStarFallen and @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

[This applies to you two as swell. Yes, even what the host said, don't question it]
As you pass through the door, you all find yourselves in a a classic Roman-style arena, standing at the gates of it.

From all around you and from the spectator seats, come the cheers of excited """people""", though they mostly resemble shadows than anything concrete, [This tadbit doen't apply to Dusty, since her character would be more bothered than anything by this and also anybody else who'd feel similarly so] meanwhile you can see the host standing in the Emperor's seat [the host in two places at once, yes]

In the center of the sperical arena, a giant, black and red stone is present.

"Welcome to the Arena challengers ! Welcome to this test trail of you powers !"

Cheers.exe

"In front of you stands a training dummy, something for you to beat up to get to learn better your power."

The stone shift and changes, it's form molding and separating, trasforming into a colossal stone golem, towering over all of you.

"Good luck, and mind not being squished !"

The host says the last part with an half-joking tone.

Seeing the giant golem walking towards the group, Vulcan immediately went about crafting a suitable weapon. From his hammerspace, he pulled out several large hunks of cast iron, as well as gunpowder and other materials. Then, he activates ability one, speeding up his crafting to superhuman levels. quickly he went about shaping the metal, the supernatural hammer combined with his enhanced strength allowing him to easily sculpt the metal into his desired shape.

after a few seconds worth of crafting, he had finished his creation. a large cannon stood next to him, ready to be fired. several cannonballs had also been constructed, which lay on a pile next to the weapon. Vulcan loads one of these cannonballs into the cannon, and fires it, launching the cannonball at high speeds towards the dummy.

Seeing the giant golem, I hurriedly bring out my card, while standing at a far distance away.

“Okay, here goes: The first debut of Sakuraluck the Fate Cardcaptor! (Finally, a chance to use that dumb name my parent gave me!)”

Limiting my Job to Berserker and Archer, I use all of the card I can use (Firestorm, Rockfall, Tsunami, Tornado), trying to combine them together to form one massive power, attacking it against the giant golem dummy.

‘Wait, Berserker would be all power without any other set...wouldn’t that mean no range option as well?’

“Everyone who can hear me! What I’m about to release unto the world may seriously harm everyone (but me) around me! Prepare yourself if anything gone wrong!”

Sweating bullet, I scream my warning as best as I can, trying to prepare for eventuality by taking out my Get Out Of Jail Free card

Last edited:
Alan claps his hands at the golem.

"Wonderful. I will love to take you apart."

Creating a field of spatial distortion around him, Alan uses his partial eldritch transformation to strike at the golem. (Abilities 2 and 3)

Back