• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

World of Potential - RP - Game Thread

(Character Sandbox)
Calling back to the Meta Thread:

A ni-omnipotent being has invited you into an experiment of his, for if you decide to join, you will gain great power. Though, while you seem to be special in some unknown way, you are not the only once with power in this world, as many other people throughout the Earth also have gained them. The purpose of this experiment is unknown, but it likely involves a lot of chaos and making the world stronger through strife and conflct. Either way, it seems you will be free free to do as you wish, to either work with the other summoned or be on your own, to combact against against those who wish to conquer or be the conquerers yourselves, to be saviours or detroyers. Only the sky is the limit to your potential, so explore the world and discover the magical/technolocial, find the hidden secrets of this world, or maybe fight to your heart's content, untill all your bones are broken or your enemies are, or maybe just decide to get a family and live a simple life, nothing is a wrong option after all !

------

May it be for glory, power, a better life or whatever else, you decided to accept the invite of the being, finding yourself teleported away from your home world and into a new one. You find yourself in a weird-looking spherical room, to your feet a wood floor, but not just planks, it's all one single piece ... looks alive even, meanwhile to all your sides there's a person and a meter more tall cilindrical wall of concrete lined with red doors, and above your head a dome transpant yet with fractal parrels and showing the outside icy-enviroment.

All around you stand about quite a few other people, other partecipants you may guess.

You have an odd fealing in your chest and hand, like something was embedded in the formed and something seared on the other, but you feel no pain from either or anything else. (Your powers aren't utilizable yet)

In the center of the room stands a severally elevated portion of the floor, on top of which a man (?) stands, dressed in a black and white getleman clothes and a staff in hand ... and that's about it, for your mind cannot identify anything more detailed of the being, but you can feel a large grin across his (?) face.

"Hello ladies, gentleman and more ! Welcome one and all and thank you for joining in this little experiment of mine, this world of potential, i'm your host and producer extraordinare !"

The being exclaims, his tone cheery yet odd, each of the partecipants hearing him in their native language.

"Now, i'm sure there's plenty of questions bubbling up in your mind, so don't be shy, ask away to your heart's content !"

Last edited:
What is this place exactly, which... universe is it? ...That was the first question that came into mind to the robot, as their face displayed a simple ": )" expression. Its thoughts? Not a lot, as they did not have a lot of questions like a human would. And so, they asked. "WHAT UNIVERSE IS THIS ON?" ..Eh, not the exact thing they were thinking of, but you did well Aero.

As Carmen was promised great power, she gladly joined, and asked. "So, what precisely is the powers you gave to me? or was that all a lie about great power?" She figured having knowledge of her abilities, would be the most crucial thing she could possibly have, and if she only had a single question that would have to be the one. Knowing her tools, would be far more useful then other things she could think of at the time.

Aster had fianlly escaped that dump and was now very close to starting her new life. She nonchalantly blows away a strand of hair from her face.

"When are we getting started?"

Faris decided to remain silent. He had no clue what was going on and no clue who or what he could trust. He waited and listened to what everyone else was saying first.

@Dragoonseraphim ["A ni-omnipotent being has invited you into an experiment of his, for if you decide to join, you will gain great power."]

[Just a friendly reminder since you seem to have forgotted this point from your comment]

Hugz was silent and didn’t move for a few seconds before exploding with questions “What is this place?! Who are they? What experiment? What’s happening?”

Martainn stood silent for a moment, a slight menace exuding from his being, before he speaks.

"Ey' can figure out the powers and whatnaut by meself, I just wanna know where we're goin'"

A teen with black hair and a red hoodie, interestingly seemingly missing an arm, as his sleeve simply hung limply, looked around the spot, trying in vain to discern some details about the being. What actually happened in the world wasn't of much interest, all he knew was that it would probably be better than his own. Way more interesting, if nothing else.

The being clears his throat.

@Listentomyrhytm

"You'll have to be a bit more specific on that question my metallic lad, as beyond saying that it's my universe there's not really much i can respond to that."

@Totadileplayz

"Couldn't even if i wanted to my winged lass, the shards in yours chests randomically assigned you powers based on your essence and spirit, besides what fun would there be to just be told ? The fun is in the discovery !"

"And for the runes, i'll just say they are something that will help you in case you find yourself in a particularly spiky situation."

@WHYNAUT and @Everybody else since this is really important

"In brief time young lady, just the time needed to explain things to you all and unlock your shards."

@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

"Do not fret, for it will be !"

@Oliver_de_jesus

"Very much so, while it may look similar to yours on the surface, it has many things you've never even thought you could see if you dig a bit deeper !"

@DMUA

"Hold on there, while your spirit of initiative is fantastic, it would be better if you wait a bit more before you head out to the world outside, after all your shard is still locked."

@Dusty_Raider

"Apologies my beastly friend, is there anything you wish me to explain better ?"

And after that he clears his throat again, waiting to see if there are more questions to be answered.

Last edited:
Alan looks at the surrealist room, inspecting it with a nochalant look on his face. It reminds him of his father, of his family. At least, the spirit is there.

He reaches into his suit, his face, seemingly black in the edges, twisting into a smile. He pulls out an old fashioned cigar, styled in gold at the tip, and lights it up. He smokes it as the other participants talk.

“So you’re giving us new powers and sending us to a new place?...Why? Whats the purpose of this?”

Clearly not very trusting, Hugz backed away from the others. She eyed them curiously and with caution. Truth be told she was freaking out internally, first the thing with those people in white coats now this?

“****, did I seriously get Isekai?”

I said, groaning in my head inside and out. By god, where is my luck when I need it to not get me Isekai’ed.

A being dressed something like a plague doctor looks around the room, but does not speak or ask any questions.

"If it's gota' lock, I'll just shatter it. HAAAAAAAAAAAA................."

Suddenly, Martainn shifts his stance, screaming as if focusing his entire being to manifest his abilities.

... Nobody tell him it's unlikely to work that way.

@Andykhang
"That requires this world to be a fantasy one doesn't it?" I ask.
“Don’t need to, it can be a mecha world, a medieval world, or even a modern world in which you run the dream of being an idol...”

“Also, thanks goodness I have someone who understand me. My luck hasn’t gone away yet.” I said, looking toward the person who’s talking to me

"Ok my mistake but didn't you choose to come here?" I ask.
“I thought it was some kind of promotion for a brand new VRMMORPG, not ******* this!...Good riddance, so it’s my fault.”

Groaning even more inside, I take a massive dump of breath and exhale out.

“Well at least this seems like a Power Fantasy variety...Hopefully I be lucky enough to get something good.”

****. This ************ is gassin himself up too much. I appreciate what this dude is doing for me but goddamn. Show, don’t tell. Real ************* pack in silence.

“Aye bruh, I appreciate whatchu do for me. Real shit. I know this shit ain’t free tho, so tell me what you want me to do.”

Time to pop some dudes. Unless this guy is Jesus or something too. Forgiving and saving young studs like me. Heh.

Last edited:
Vulcan, aggravated by the chatter and screaming, walks away from the group and starts closely examining the room itself.

"what interesting craftsmanship," Vulcan muttered to himself, examining the strange wooden floor.

What the? Who the **** this little dude?

“What’s good little guy? Tell me, you come out of the woods or some shit? Like lord of the rings? Make me the one ring right now.”

Ahehehe. Damn, I can’t be laughing right now. I just got back. My mom would smack me for being this disrespectful right now.

"who the hell are you calling short" Vulcan said angrily, looking at the man who spoke.

"I don't know what this 'Lord of the Ring' non-sense is, but if it's a ring you are after, I could try to make something once we get out of here....for a fee of course."

‘One of the spawned ones seems enraged.’ Hugz immediately tried to put distance between her and the angry fella. Despite her larger size, she tried to make herself look small to avoid being noticed.

@CrimsonStarFallen

Aster remained quiet after her question had been answered and took a look at the other participants. There were a lot of odd figures. When Martainn started screaming she rolled her eyes.

She then notices Alan and changes her posture to a more relaxed one. As the others keep asking questions or being noisy, Aster approaches Alan.

"Hey, name's Aster. What's yours?" Her tone is slightly challenging.

@Listentomyrhytm

"Too many to count ! From mechanical, botanical, magical and beyond, about around every corner is something you may find outstanding !"

@Lou_change

"Well, depends on where you go, but in most place the ones among you of most bizzare apperence would attract attention, both in the good and bad way."

@Andykhang

"I'm sure you will be, my cheeky lass !"

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"You seem to mistaken my lad, there's nothing i want directly back, for your meme presence is enough. I invited you all here to bring an outside viarable to the world, to bring something fresh new to it, so i just want you all to do as your heart and mind desire !"

@Dusty_Raider (Read above)

"This is the answer to your question as swell !"

"Well, well, you have my thanks for the appriciation !"

@DMUA

"Anyway, guess it's time now ..."

The being says.

As Martainn attempts to push open the lock with raw willpower, he seemingly menages to penetrate it, as he feels a force surge from his chest and spreads throught him !

... though yet again, probably not entirely his action, as ...

@EVERYBODY

You all feel a power surge in your chest, a supernatural energy spreading all throught you. Your body changes as you become more than you were before, more resiliant, more meaningful and certainly more powerful.

"Soooooooooo, now let's see what you all go, shall we ? Tap into your power and mentally focus on the core in your chest, doing so will manifest the basic "core idea" of your shard !"

Last edited:
“No thanks, mysterious stranger.”

After receiving the Power Fantasy (TM), I do what he said, and attempt to Manifest Destiny or some stuff. I concentrated to bring my core out.

...Should be something related with card and luck and stuff, since I am a dealer and all. Speaking of which, I’m wondering about my dry cleaning...

@WHYNAUT

Alan blows smoke out, looking at the young woman with a wry smile.

"Already got someone interested, eh? Name's Alan Y.T Thorpe, but just Alan is fine."

His voice is rasp and damp, like his throat is closed and only opens when he speaks.

"What could a beauty like this ever want with me?" He says, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

On the voices command, he taps into his true nature, his true self. Something truly out of this world, one who shapes it with their will.

“Sit yo dumbass down, shorty. I ain’t paying shit. Unless it’s for some xans, then hit me up.”

Yo. This guy could be a leprechaun or some shit. Nahh...but what if-?

@Overlord775

“AGH! The ****, bruh?! Don’t play with me like that. You should tell a ************ before you pull that shit. Damn...”

“I don’t know, man. Give me Superman powers or some shit. Laser eyes, freezing breathe...a bigger dick too.”

Ye. If we gettin this kind of wild shit, I want to make sure I make the most of it.

As the surge of power comes Faris feels his heart start to race with anticipation. He follows the instructions and tries to focus on the core.

Back