• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Battle of OP LN characters. Has pretty lit anime as well, how about we put them together and see how it goes?

SBA

Speed Equalized

High 7-A Wiz and 6-C Ainz

It seems to me like Ainz's only way to win is to use either TGOALID, or holy spells (which he has not been shown to use offensively yet). He might be able to pull that off thanks to his advantage in durability. There are a few things I'm not sure about though: How do Energy Ignition and Light of Saber work, and what kinds of status effects can Wiz inflict?

Energy Ignition combusts people from inside, which won't work on Ainz. Light of Saber is basically in the title, a sword slash made out of light, negating conventional dura.

A lot of things. Almost half of her arsenal comes from either status effects or curse. Poison, sleep, Paralysis, probability, reality warping, etc.

Then I think that Ainz can win this with mid-high difficulty. Once he realizes his only option is TGOALID, he can just use it and perfect unknowable or teleportation to buy time. Light of Saber is a problem, but he has holy/light resistant robes, and if he dies from it he can just resurrect and fight more cautiously.

Actually she'll just power null for that. Also her first move is Sealing and even if won't work status effects and curses don't even have trajectory so she raise a finger and he'll be put to sleep or paralyzed or get diarrhea even if he can't have that instantly.

Magic Canceller negates magic that has been cast or going to be casted upon. She can do it instantly, thought based. TGOALID is too long of a word to not be nulled.

I see. Ainz's spells could possibly still kill her by reducing her beyond her Regenerationn, but I'm not sure. She can win with status effects, but I don't know if she will use that first. I'll hold off on voting for now, but I'm leaning toward Wiz.

He could also buy some time by using Time Stop

Also True Death negates low tier resurrection magic, which in Overlord restores both the body and soul, so that might work, but I'm not entirely certain how that relates to regen

If that doesn't work, than Wiz probably takes this

Oof, don't think Ainz can do anything to truly put her down

Don't think his raw power spells are enough to get past that regen

She can put him to sleep or paralyze him (since her status effects null resistance) and then kill him with repeated uses of Light of Saber or possibly Lava Swamp. He can resurrect, but not infinitely.

As a skeleton, Ainz is physically unable to sleep, so unless it's worked on things that can't sleep, that won't work

Paralysis would work though

Standard Battle Assumptions states that they are willing to kill, so you might want to fix that in the OP post if you want Wiz to be in character.

I'll vote for Wiz by incap then

Ainz can't do anything to put her down, so it'll be a game of cat and mouse until Ainz can't teleport/run away anymore, where Wiz will paralyze him

It's willing to kill, not going to kill. They are willing but still in character. She avoid killing as much as possible.

I don't think anyone's considered the fact that even though it's willing to kill, Wiz is still in-character. She won't kill if he is able to help it and Ainz, detecting that she's at least somewhat high-levelled, would probably start conversations (Remember that Ainz is willing to kill in-character anyways and he still opens up conversations if the target is deemed non-hostile enough or may be a friendly player. They might be a player that knows of other players afterall, which could maybe lead to the old members of Ainz Ooal Gown).

Wiz' abilities that let her Paralyze or put to sleep Ainz will flat out not work. As he's an actual skeleton, he's physically incapable of both these things, lacking a Nervous system or... any system to put into paralysis while lacking a brain to put to sleep.

Her main weakness in this fight is her normal unwillingness to kill. If something doesn't pose a threat to her or her friends, she won't just run up to them and go "You're dead!" like Aqua would (Which is a whole 'nother can of worms).

Point is, even in a battle, both would open up dialogue in which it'd be "Who wants to finish it first"; with Wiz not wanting to kill a possibly friendly fellow Undead and with Ainz curious if she was a player from Yggdrassil.

Honestly if it weren't for the fact that we're forcing them to battle, Ainz and Wiz would probably get along pretty well once Ainz brings up the fact that he's a King of a Country that is run by both Living Creatures and the Undead in harmony.

Actually it works on Vanir who is made out of earth and Beldia who is literally decapitated. Status Effect don't need something like organs or nerves.

Can Ainz do anything to win?

Her regen and resistances stop him from being able to put her down, unless I'm forgetting something

Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Existence Erasure, Soul Manipulation, Sealing, Absorption, Status Effect Inducement, Power Nullification, Probability Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Reality Warping, Teleportation, Curse Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Precognition and Clairvoyance, blah blah blah.

Can't find any justification for that in her file. Do not mind to clarify from where these resistances were taken? Like seriously, why is she suddenly became resistant to Reality Warping? What is the magnitude of Reality Warping she can deal with, for example? So many questions.

Fire - fight against Duke, have to be activated

Existence Erasure - Says **** you to low-level purification and resisted Aqua's to an extent

Soul Manipulation - The spell that burned out her soul stopped once she became Lich, resisted soul erasure

Sealing - Almost all of demon generals says **** you to normal seal. Only recording of seal of demon general is by crimson demons

Absorption - Able to resist drain touch

Status Effect - Even fodders have that

Power Nullification - This too

Probability - Scaled from Maxwell? I don't know about that one.

Mind - Country level, from Maxwell.

Empathic - Succubus charm won't work

Memory - Same with mind

Reality - Same with mind

Teleportation - Scaled from Vanir who resisted being forcibly teleported

Curse - Also this. Everyone has this to an extent.

Biological - It's part of curse.

Death - Same with biology, she's dead.

Precog and Clairvoyance - Vanir couldn't do shit to her with these.

No evidence it has the power to get past her regen

The only description I remember is it creating a vacuum, but who knows if that was literal or if he was just likening it to a vacuum

Apeironaxim said:
No evidence it has the power to get past her regen
The only description I remember is it creating a vacuum, but who knows if that was literal or if he was just likening it to a vacuum
Black Holes getting past Regen?

I'm pretty sure even weak singularities that aren't full on black holes still just ignore regen since they tear apart anything that gets too close on an atomic level at the very least. Real life onces that is. Ainz' black hole is seen warping the space around it before taking effect and "Sucking" up the Dominion Authority so even if not a full black-hole, still holds enough power to warp the light around it.

tl;dr Black Holes ignore durability and don't have an AP. So the statement the spell that makes blackholes (Supposedly) doesn't have enough AP doesn't really make sense.

Pseudo-Black Hole Creation is what is on Ainz's profile, so doesn't look like it counts as real, unless I'm misinterpreting it

A tiny dot appeared on the dominion authority's glimmering body. Before everyone's eyes, it grew bigger and bigger - a vacuum.

It sucked everything in.

Soon nothing was left and it had gone so laughably, stunningly easily.

That's the quote, so if you can determine it is a 100% real black hole from that, I won't complain

I'm not quite sure. The version I read stated it was a flat black hole, although there's like... what 3+ translations of the book?

I'll try to hunt down the one I read/the statement.

@Veloxt1r0kore

If you want to insult me, at least do so while contributing to the thread, please?

Even if it's a real black hole, the odds Ainz will use it before being powernulled and paralyzed are extremely low

So Ainz will go from 0 win conditions to 1 extremely unlikely win condition

Also, from your description, would real black holes only stop at the best of High regen? Or would you need Low-Godly?

Akreious said:
there's like... what 3+ translations of the book?
Yes, there's Skythewood's original translation, Nigel's improved translation, and the official translation by Yen Press (which has quite a few inaccuracies, I hear).

The most common inaccuracies, which tend to be Brain being Brian, and Albedo calling Shalltear a rabbit, are false, as my copy doesn't have those errors

Though, since it's another language, inaccuracies are bound to happen, even to big name companies like Funimation

Back