• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Winter Schnee vs Jean Pierre Polnareff

So it's literally just really good perception? If we describe stands as they were described in the first episode as personified life force, on what grounds would she be able to see it? She has no soul manipulation whatsoever.

Chariot specifically can fight more then one opponent at once. His afterimages are what allow him to do so. He can have four of them fight Winter, and four of them blitz the poor summon.

In any case, if restrained he can point his sword to the right and shoot it out, have it richochet a few times then come straight to Winter's skull.

I vote Polnareff now.

No, verse equilization means those who have similar abilities to stands or similar mechanics to stands are able to see stands. It does not mean everyone can see a stand. This is something that would need to be specified in OP.

If she had the ability to see ghosts, or has something akin to ki in her verse, then you could make the verse equilization argument and have them both be the same thing conceptually.

You cannot give other characters abilities to see things they aren't normally able to see.

Verse equal doesn't let people without non physical interaction hit ghosts so I don't know why someone without the ability to see souls could see Stands.

You don't need soul manipulation to sense killing intent

I don't recall chariot ever fighting dozens of opponents simultaneously. And chariot wouldn't know about the summon until polnareff has a knife in his neck

Yes verse equalization let's people see stands, this has been been a rule for years

ProfessorLord said:
In any case, if restrained he can point his sword to the right and shoot it out, have it richochet a few times then come straight to Winter's skull.
Aura prevents this as does her manual forcefields

Stands don't have killing intent? They are spiritual manifestations, most without any degree of sentience or intelligence. They are only obeying orders.

Chariot's speed is equal to Star Platinum, who has fought dozens of opponents simultaneously. Polnareff can look around and see the summon while keeping Chariot confusing Winter.

Show me where it says verse equilization allows everyone to see stands.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Why did Polnareff lose his plus sign? He blatantly hurt DIO, the one with the 64 ton durability feat.
Because it takes significantly less energy to hurt those stronger than you when using pointed/sharp weaponry. His durability also only scales from Avdol and a casual DIO, which is not enough proof to suggest he is equal in strength to a vampire.

Not true, stands can and have been manifestations of killing intent

Cool, speed is equalized and those opponents were slower, that isn't the case here. And again, winter can teleport it behind him and small enough that he wouldn't notice it until it's already attacked him

Okay, so I need you to source stands having killing intent.

You're missing the point, it means Silver Chariot is able to create afterimages of himself because of his mobility, not just speed. Winter is as fast as him with speed equalized, but she is not as mobile as Chariot who does not need to walk. How does she deal with dozens of afterimages? Summoning grimm is not going to work, an afterimage slices it in half and focuses back on Winter.

The only stands I could concede have killing intent are sentient ones, like Whitesnake, Anubis or Echoes3. How does a non-sentient manifestation have the intent or thought process to kill?

What exactly is a stand then, if it is similar to aura then it stand to reason that Winter will be able to see Silver Chariot, we should establish that before figuring out how this fight will play out.

Stands are treated as ghosts and intangible incorporeals.

She needs a feat demonstrating she can see a ghost, and touch the spiritually intangible.

I'd argue that Winter is more mobile than Silver Chariot, and she can alos keep it pinned down with a gravity glyph field

You cannot be more mobile than a being who is as fast as you and also unbound by conventional physics such as gravity and air resistance.

She cannot see Chariot so she cannot keep it pinned down, nor do her glyphs imply they can bypass intangibility and incorporeal structure.

ProfessorLord said:
Stands are treated as ghosts and intangible incorporeals.

She needs a feat demonstrating she can see a ghost, and touch the spiritually intangible.
Ghost themselves are incapable of seeing stands. See Reimi's interactions with Heaven's Door.

I am unsure if that was because of speed blitz on behalf of Rohan, or if she really couldn't see.

Stand users are naturally spiritually inclined since they are the only ones capable of seeing Reimi, as she has stated. I think it goes the other way around too.

It's best for the sake of equilization that harming an incorporeal such as a ghost means you can harm a stand. But you still need a feat for being able to see an incorporeal that others are normally unable to see.

WeeklyBattles said:
Intangibility and incorporeality dont grant you an immunity to gravity lol
Fair enough since I do not have a feat of them resisting gravity, but they by default can float, as seen with almost every stand. Intangibility means you are exempt from air resistance.

Polnareff can de-manifest and re-manifest Silver Chariot away from said gravity glyph.

That also implies Winter has the ability to see stands, which is an argument you have ignored as of now.

She can see them under SBA, it needs to be specified that the opponent cant see them in the OP if that is the case. She can also sense it.

Also she can make forcefields that would work to protect her from Silver Chariot as from the ruby vs jonathan thread we determined that aura and stands are similar enough to be treated as the same, meaning silver Chariot's intangibility wouldnt work on her aura or forcefield

ProfessorLord said:
So how is Winter just as mobile as someone who is as fast as her, can float, and is exempt from air resistance?
Well for one she doesnt have a limited range at which she can operate. Her glyphs grant her significant mobility and the ability to change directions on a dime.

Still waiting for an explanation as to how Polnareff counters Winter teleporting a mini summon in his blind spot and having it kill him before he notices its there

She cannot see them under SBA. There is nothing in it that states everyone is able to see each other no matter what, or that everyone has soul detection/the ability to see incorporeals. It needs to be clarified that she can see Silver Chariot, not the other way around. This argument has already been established in the past, this is not me wanking stands.

I am quite fair when it comes to who can hit and see a stand, you just need to be able to hit or see a similar concept like ghosts or spirits. Winter does not come anywhere close to this though.

Forcefields would protect her, but they would quickly be wittled down by a dozen Silver Chariots, whom she cannot hit nor see.

WeeklyBattles said:
Still waiting for an explanation as to how Polnareff counters Winter teleporting a mini summon in his blind spot and having it kill him before he notices its there
Polnareff is not going to be killed by the 8-C Beowolf or Ursa. Even if ambushed, he would survive and order an afterimage to split it in half, before focusing on Winter.

Oh and being able to float and being exempt from air resistance > being able to jump off of platforms that you can create on a dime

ProfessorLord said:
Polnareff is not going to be killed by the 8-C Beowolf or Ursa. Even if ambushed, he would survive and order an afterimage to split it in half, before focusing on Winter.

Oh and being able to float and being exempt from air resistance > being able to jump off of platforms that you can create on a dime
All of her summons are 8-B, even her fodder summons were able to damage Qrow. She doesnt have any 8-C summons. He's not surviving an 8-B directly attacking a vital spot.

Not when you can only move a small distance its not

She can hit the aura of others, and her weapon is coated in the same aura. Yes shed be able to hit SC

I don't see any profile for her summons. If they really are Grimm, it is not fair to assume they are drastically stronger than the strongest ones we've seen so far. Them damaging Qrow is not enough to warrant 8-B since any 8-C fighter should be able to at least damage an 8-B fighter, especially if they outweigh them by a lot.

Chariot can be used several meters away from Polnareff. It's not exactly stated, but shown in his fight against Avdol and Vanilla Ice. It's way past Star Platinum, but nowhere near as far as Hierophant Green. Judging from distance in the anime, I'd say at least 6-10 meters away.

I think I see what you mean now, I agree that if her sword uses aura it should be able to at least harm Silver Chariot. Now do you have any reason why she'd be able to see Silver Chariot?

To be fair, I'd like to point out Polnareff is not 64 tons attack potency. The only ones who are 64 tons attack potency in SDC is Star Platinum and DIO + The World. It has been changed in a revision, everyone else is now mid-end 8-B at least. If you see any errors on a profile, please let me know and I will change it, probably a mistake on my part.

Now to be even more fair, it likely does not matter if he is not exactly 64 tons. His pointed weaponry means he can exert his weaker force on a much smaller surface area, allowing him to produce more damage than if he was using brute force.

Her summons scale to herself and theyre stronger that Weiss' summons which are 8-B.

No, an 8-C would not in any way be able to damage an 8-B.

Several meters vs hundreds of meters with Glyphs (She scales to weiss whose glyphs have this range.)

I don't see any logic behind her summons scaling to herself, nor do I see it for Weiss. There is no reason summoning Grimm that she has defeated in the past would suddenly jump from an average 8-C to 8-B.

8-C fighters are able to harm 8-B fighters, maybe not a lot or to the point where it matters, but they definitely are. If they outweigh them then they can ragdoll them as well.

The range argument would only matter if she could see Silver Chariot in the first place, otherwise she is getting sliced over and over by a barrage of afterimages she cannot see.

Back