• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Winter Schnee vs Jean Pierre Polnareff

whilst there is such a thing known as chip damage it isn't as simple as, well, if x has a dura of 1MT then 10 100 kt hits will destroy it. I don't know how you calculate what you actually need though.

like,me punching a concrete wall, hard or lightly, for any amount of time will not damage it

the comparison to the river isn't very good, because to begin with, the rocks aren't that durable and just got worn down over time. it was just large, so there was alot to wear down. not neccessarily durable.

Honestly this is why I have some problems with characters having X dura because of their size.

Sorry to bring this up again I thought it was a interesting discussion.

But, yeah, I think it's more that certain materials have their own individual durability instead. A part of a mountain itself doesn't have mountain level durability, but some characters do. We don't go into what's necessary to "damage someone's skin/bones/body". There's the issue of "what qualifies as damage", because people can receive small scratches that leave slight white ash, which is cell damage. I dunno if poking someone damages their cells, but I do know that when cells are damaged, your nerves (should) transmit pain to your brain, which may prompt you to say "ow" depending on your tolerance.

Like, it would be nice if we list the maximum amount of force their bones can tank before it even receives the slightest, most microscopic bit of damage. If not, maybe bruising is the next best thing?

Back