• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Mannimarco 6-C?

Why is it that King of Worms Mannimarco's tier is unknown? Aren't bosses is the elder scrolls usually scaled to the protagonist? Mannimarco was the final boss for the mages guild in Oblivion, so shouldn't he be scaled to the Champion of Cyrodiil?

Is that because Mankar Camoran's 6-C rating isn't justified and the Champion of Cyrodiil is scaled to him? And is there some other feat that establishes a mininum tier for the Champion?

Mankar Camoran's rating should be unknown, actually I'm not even sure why he has a character page. Does anyone care about him?

But his rating should definitely be unknown. He created his paradise using the Mysterium Xarxes, an artifact belonging to Mehrunes Dagon, so whatever power it took to create that realm came from Dagon. Which means the champion should also be changed to unknown. It's been a while since I've played Oblivion so I don't remember if there are any actual feats for the CoC. I might come back to this later if I can be bothered to check.

I'm also highly skeptical of the CoC's 2-A rating; there is a great deal of ambiguity concerning whether they mantled Sheogorath or not. One theory is that the whole Shivering Isle questline was a practical joke on the part of Sheogorath and that Jyggalag doesn't even exist, as a former Beth dev told us Sheogorath being mantled by the CoC was not what Bethesda were trying to imply. Add the fact that with the addition of the new Morrowind expansion for ESO we now have three separate creation stories for Sheogorath and the whole thing just becomes muddier. Hell, even if the CoC mantled Sheogorath it still wouldn't make them 2-A, that's not how mantling works. To mantle someone is to walk like them until they walk like you; when the CoC mantled Sheogorath they stopped existing, only the personification of madness remains: Sheogorath.

So, I think the only rating the CoC should have is unknown.

Well, Mankar Camoran having unknown statistics seems reasonable, along with the characters scaled from him.

However, I am uncertain about the Champion of Cyrodil as Sheogorath. Unfortunately our only staff member experienced with TES mythology was Sheoth, and he is only very occasionally around these days.

I'm not all that invested in whether the CoC loses the 2-A rating or not. I just think this rating is highly disingenuous. I love TES and I love for them to be powerful, but there is a huge disconnect between what we see of the CoC in the game and a 2-A rating; at the end of the day this is just some guy who swings a sword around and throws around some fireballs. And I'm pretty sure the CoC ceased to exist as soon as they mantled Sheogorath anyway.

But certainly I would lke more input.

Okay. Usually I tend to be the only staff member responding to TES threads though.

Yes I know :p I really do appreciate your participation.

I understand people being hesitant to take part though, to discuss TES you need to do a lot of research and try to make sense of a ton of weird prose. I can't expect people who have no prior interest in TES to go through all that.

"Unfortunately our only staff member experienced with TES mythology was Sheoth"

Actually i have some knowledge of TES lore myself but ok....

The Champion of Cyridill became Sheogorath so while technically he isn't the same person as he was the 2-A rating is fine because he is a deadric prince.

@Gwynbleiddd That is true. What do you think about placing Mankar Camoran and any characters scaled from him at unknown statistics?

I've already addressed the problem with Markar Camoran's stats here, so i'm fine with placing them at unknown for now.

Okay. Which other character profiles would also have to be adjusted?

Gwynbleiddd said:
I've already addressed the problem with Markar Camoran's stats here, so i'm fine with placing them at unknown for now.
Cool, I'll add my opinion to the thread you linked too. As to the CoC 2-A eh I don't like it, the Sheogorath after the Shivering Isles is still just Sheogorath, a being that is more a force of nature than an actual person. Buuuut I don't really care enough to argue it any further.

So, do you wish to edit the relevant profiles, and if so, which ones?

Oh me? I thought only staff could change the profiles. I could change the CoC and Camoran if that's okay though. I'll leave the CoC 2-A rating as that seems to be a controversial topic I guess.

I will unlock them, but would appreciate if you can check if other characters also scale from them.

Can I also change Pelinal and Umaril to unknown? Their rating seems to comes from a single line in a song that may just be flowery prose. I think Gywn also thinks so.

Okay I changed Mankar to unknown and the CoC's lower ratings to unknown as well. I also changed Umaril and Pelinal to unknown.

Okay. I will lock the Champion page then.

Back