• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: High 7-A and 6-C Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the things I had a problem with. Why assume EC's teeth are as durable as his exo-skeleton?

Genos got cut in half by EC and had his leg chewed off, first of all.

And AS could easily beat PsykoJet's attacks, and she could completely overwhelm Genos and Drive Knight.

So, durability and AP wise, characters on this level are >>> Post-Superfight and MA Genos.
I removed the JDA scaling from the sandbox since it seems like most people agree it’s problematic.

Tracer I have to ask to be sure about some things how does the Low 7-B scaling chain look like now?

Can you reword this? I genuinely don’t understand what you’re asking here.
Currently, one of the justifications in Iaian's page for being Low 7-B is him breaking through Tatsumaki's barriers that Black Sperm couldn't break even though the attack was aimed at Atomic Samurai.

If this CRT gets accepted, Atomic Samurai's durability would change to Unknown, so it would be removed from Iaian's page as a justification for his Low 7-B rating.

Currently, one of the justifications in Iaian's page for being Low 7-B is him breaking through Tatsumaki's barriers that Black Sperm couldn't break even though the attack was aimed at Atomic Samurai.

If this CRT gets accepted, Atomic Samurai's durability would change to Unknown, so it would be removed from Iaian's page as a justification for his Low 7-B rating.
OH

I mean, Iaian has other justifications, so he’d still be Low 7-B. And ig Atomic can have Low 7-B durability via downscaling from the Black Sperms that could harm Post-EC Genos.

she could completely overwhelm Genos and Drive Knight.
Since when? She had massive problems with both. Only thing she did close to what you said is knocking them from top of her and clashing with Promoted Rook for a short period of time. Genos had zero visible damage from the former and the latter still visible strained her.

Last edited:
Since when? She had massive problems with both. Only thing she did close to what you said is knocking them from top of her and clashing with Promoted Rook for a short period of time. Genos had zero visible damage from the former and the latter still visible strained her.
One-shotting Rook and Genos simultaneously, dispersing his transformation.

One-shotting Rook and Genos simultaneously, dispersing his transformation.
And I already mentioned that. It is just knocking them off, not one shotting them. And even that was from seemingly redirecting their combined attack. Both of them tanked the attack without any serious injury and both could counter her attacks.

And I already mentioned that. It is just knocking them off, not one shotting them. And even that was from seemingly redirecting their combined attack. Both of them tanked the attack without any serious injury and both could counter her attacks.
Redirecting their attack is head cannon, and rook was totally dispersed. So that's blatantly false.

Either way, there's other examples, it doesn't matter to the overall point, and it's already been accepted. So I don't see a need in continuing this.

Because, again, the Garou that fought Bang is currently accepted at 6-C. That Garou was using Awakening Breath, so I’m using that for the revision.
I don't think that actually addresses my point.

If Garou wasn't using Awakening Breath when the 6-C feat was performed, then it applies to base Garou which affects this revision.

Redirecting their attack is head cannon, and rook was totally dispersed. So that's blatantly false.
At the very least that's why I got from that scene. But either way, rook being dispersed might very well done by DK himself. Genos was fine and DK literally no sold another attack moments prior.
p_35.png

And he clashed evenly with Psykojet
ppp_1.png

it's already been accepted. So I don't see a need in continuing
I am pretty sure CRT still isn't concluded

Last edited:
This is one of the things I had a problem with. Why assume EC's teeth are as durable as his exo-skeleton?

Genos got cut in half by EC and had his leg chewed off, first of all.
Yeah, when force is concentrated over a small area, that's kind of the result. Swords exist.

It feels very generous to say she "overwhelmed" them given the context, not even mentioning that Genos' core was almost maxed out, limiting his maximum output.

I am pretty sure CRT still isn't concluded
Not the CRT, removing Genos' JDA scaling to EC just because he broke a tooth, not even his exoskeleton.
Yeah, when force is concentrated over a small area, that's kind of the result. Swords exist.
Genos' leg was torn off, not cut off, since you can see that the cybernetics and part of his leg are still outside of EC's teeth.

Also, his teeth aren't the size of swords and most certainly aren't concentrated over a small area. Even the enamel coating on human teeth is about 2.5 mm at their thickest near the cusp. Now imagine that scaled up to the point where EC's face is larger than Genos.

If anything, the fact that a single tooth did this shows how much this doesn't scale to Genos.

The fact that a charged attack like the Spiral Incineration Cannon did nothing to base EC is also worth noting. The JDA is Genos using his cannons as thrusters, and he only resorted to it so he could target EC's internals. SIC should logically be > JDA.
It feels very generous to say she "overwhelmed" them given the context, not even mentioning that Genos' core was almost maxed out, limiting his maximum output.
Genos still had his normal level of power. Plus, his durability isn't affected.

Anyway, we have this CRT, so, like I said, I don't see the need to argue this point.
OBAMA

Last edited:
Which is why I said I'm not going to debate that part any further, since it's pointless to my overall argument, which is that Post-Superfight shouldn't.

Last edited:
On this note, I think we had some stuff on PsykoJet not scaling to High 7-A since the Orochi twist also damaged her main body/was part of Orochi when he got weakened, but I can't recall it right now.

Might as well bring it up here.

On this note, I think we had some stuff on PsykoJet not scaling to High 7-A since the Orochi twist also damaged her main body/was part of Orochi when he got weakened, but I can't recall it right now.

Might as well bring it up here.
Psykosjet isn’t being affected by this CRT, but you could probably just go ahead and add that to her AP justification to explain why she’s weaker.

Wait, how is she not affected? It took a huge combo from S-class to finish her off and both Psykos and Orochi were still alive after that. Far more damaged version of Orochi still had power to shock even Elixir Psykos

Wait, how is she not affected? It took a huge combo from S-class to finish her off and both Psykos and Orochi were still alive after that. Far more damaged version of Orochi still had power to shock even Elixir Psykos
Psykosjet has literally zero scaling to any High 7-A character. Atomic Samurai easily sliced through her beam and then her. Darkshine‘s one kick mutilated Orochi so badly that Psykos had to abandon his body. Bang and Bomb squished Orochi, leaving him helpless until Tatsumaki finally killed him.

Atomic Samurai easily sliced through her beam and then her.
I am not sure hiw slicing a beam scales to it. Dispersing something would take far less energy than actually overpowering it. And there is nothing that implies Atomic Samurai did it easily, to begin with.
It wasn't only Darkshine's kick. The body was already heavily damaged after a prolonged fight against other people and being hit by Atomic Samurai's atomic beeline slash which is literally dozens, if not hundreds of normal attacks combined. There is no way a low 7-B character would survive that.
Yeah, squishing someone is an awesome way to show your superiority. That also happened to Rover.
leaving him helpless until Tatsumaki finally killed him.
Tatsumaki's attack was directly after the whole thing. Orochi barely had time to do anything. Especially considering his heart element isn't the most mobile of things.

The chapter clearly shows the defeat of Psykojet as a combined team effort. I am pretty sure making her a thousand times weaker than people there wasn't the intention.

Besides, why a single injury is assumed to weaken her that much when she was just fine afterward?

I am not sure hiw slicing a beam scales to it. Dispersing something would take far less energy than actually overpowering it. And there is nothing that implies Atomic Samurai did it easily, to begin with.
??? Slicing through her beam is absolutely grounds to scale to it, and Atomic is already accepted to scale above Psykos because of it.
It wasn't only Darkshine's kick. The body was already heavily damaged after a prolonged fight against other people and being hit by Atomic Samurai's atomic beeline slash which is literally dozens, if not hundreds of normal attacks combined. There is no way a low 7-B character would survive that.
Darkshine’s kick still dealt immense damage on its own, so… my point still stands. And yes, a Low 7-B character CAN survive that, because she has good endurance. As the durability page says, under the Surviving Attacks heading:
Many characters have been shown to survive attacks far above their durability, usually surviving with large injuries that others on their scale usually wouldn't survive. This is because of endurance, as they can endure a certain amount of pain regardless if the attack has burned them or sliced off limbs. This is not a durability factor, as this is a quality that is commonly attributed to willpower.
Yeah, squishing someone is an awesome way to show your superiority. That also happened to Rover.
Genuine question, have you re-read that chapter recently? Because that’s not even remotely what happened to Rover. Hell, Rover is specifically noted to have taken no damage. Orochi visibly took damage from Bang and Bomb.
The chapter clearly shows the defeat of Psykojet as a combined team effort. I am pretty sure making her a thousand times weaker than people there wasn't the intention.
Being a team effort means literally nothing for her AP. Drive Knight was already shown to be capable of fighting and harming her on his own, and Psykosjet did absolutely nothing to any High 7-A character aside from getting beaten and mutilated by them.

Good stamina has never been able to stop a low 7-B character from being blasted beyond mincemeat by a high 7-A+ character, or at least actually making a hole through them
the way people treat downscaling here is strict to the point where if a character stayed intact after a 3-A attack but coughed up blood or something it would be more acceptable to say that they’re high 6-A

I mean, even if we say that applies to base Garou, then it just means the chain starts with Bomb. Nothing else changes.

The point was about dura, and Genos only said that he'd choose not to use his full power during this battle, implying he could still go full power.

Also, there's no reason to believe his power isn't the same because all he did was exceed the operational limit and go into melt down (something that'd actually increase his power, if anything, because it burns nuclear fuel more quickly), which literally suggests that he's been overusing his power this whole time.
Full power means ten second mode btw

the main point of contention for me is metal knight’s missiles not scaling.
Elder centipede’s AP recoil doesn’t result in him screaming in pain, so realistically metal knight should be within the same range as his AP, even if he didn’t cause visible damage. That’s really all I have to say.
This still applies

You ignored the "and her" part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back