• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Mew a High 4-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked at the "evidence", that is not even translated and with extremely vague images and nothing suggests to me that Mew is High 4-C.

I'm pretty sure, unless someone else did it, that I translated the manga for Cal, & I still don't really understand the justification, if that story is the basis.

"Mew's Forest" as it's called in the manga is entered via portal, but there was no evidence of it being its own planet, as opposed to an uncharted location on the setting's Earth. There were never any stars visible, & as far as brightness is concerned, well....

There's almost no sources of light that the manga makes a point of pointing out. The closest to one, IIRC, was a sound-effect associated with Mewtwo appearing, who in that story, may possibly have just been an illusion from Mew, based on the visual storytelling. But dialogue at the end of the story makes it unclear, IMHO.

Technically, yes, the characters can see, so I suppose that could be argued that it's not a lightless void & thus "Mew's Forest" has some light source. But for that to be a valid feat, we never see proof Mew's Forest exists independently of the planet the manga already takes place on.

We don't even get any good view on its sky; There's no shots that show the sun in the sky or the stars while they're in Mew's Forest.

IIRC, the only time the sky is visible in that story is AFTER Marron/Hazel & Almond get teleported out of it, to what Marron/Hazel recognizes as near her house.

@LordGriffin wait, wait, wait.

The decision to upgrade in that thread was "Isn't creating pocket dimensions with a Sun High 4-C?". With no evidence of a Sun or star in the manga. How was a decision made on that question alone... Sorry noto convinced at all.

Yeah, I had spoken to him a few days ago, and he did not give me an adequate answer, which is why I made this thread.

@Gargoyle One I have nothing against Cal, but sorry I want things to make sense or at least be consistent.

Gargoyle One said:
Great, as if Cal hasn't been through enough bullshit.
If it's not solid enough it's not solid enough, it can't just be to where only Pokemon people look at it and go "yeah that's right", everyone needs to see it clearly.

That's not what I'm referring to.

I'm referring to the fact that Cal is going to be getting into another argument about upgrades to a verse he likes.

@Gargoyle One doesnt everyone? Cal is cool from my limited time in this wiki, but it does not exempt him from criticism.

Now guys let's just calm down just because he has problems with the rating doesn't mean he hates or is spiteing Cal

Rocker1189 said:
@Gargoyle One doesnt everyone? Cal is cool from my limited time in this wiki, but it does not exempt him from criticism.
By comparison to Cal? Not even close.

It is understandable however

Either way it is nothing against Cal in particular and like said above, it is just a question.

Yes, this is the point of the wiki outside of indexing, is it not?

Debating is also arguing. Arguments don't have to be hostile, the point of an argument in itself is just two different views clashing against another. Arguments are in no shape a bad thing, it's just always gone hostile for no good reason because people get stressed out over a nintendo game.

Well then he'll just answer the question and move on, and if he has more questions, he just has to keep answering them until either it's disproven or understood.

seems pretty simple, just ignore the hostile bits or wait for staff to do their job when someone says something stupid and brings out every caps locked slur in the book.

Would downgrading Mew affect other Pokemon profiles? Also, what should Mew be downgraded to in that case?

So I've looked through the thread and either it's me or it's the thread being so badly structured. But I find nothing that suggest the dimension has a star. I see a lot of people jumping to the conclusion that it has a star, but I can't find a scan that shows it having a star.

I mean I am oppen to being told a proper reason, after all I have nothing against the pokemon verse.

The real cal howard said:
Matt gave a good answer.
Could you at least quote it or link it so I don't have to search for one of his every 100 posts to know what you're referring to?

I went through all those with you and again those did not suggest to me that it is a star, and even then it could be an artificial sky and we have no other points of view just from the gorund upwards we dont even know if they are standing on a planet or just a country or city sized plain.

If you claim its an artificial one then you also need to provide evidence to at least imply it is one. It should be assumed to be a sun until otherwise.

But we dont even know what it is. Nothing suggest it is even a sun, that is my point.

Edit: also earlier you claimed it was trnaslated and I would like to see the translations.

Where is it clearly a sun, I see nthing that suggests that at all. Also someone commenting about how bright a light source is does not give evidence to it being a sun. I have a bright flash light in my cupboard too.

Either way, it does not tell me that it is a Sun. That is akin to saying Kaguya is High 4-C for the exact same reason.

Edit: If is has been explicitly said that it is a Sun and that Mew created the dimension, then there is nothing else for me to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back