• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Mew a High 4-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
In the 1st of those images, Marron hasn't entered Mew's Forest; She's still in her regular dimension, so if she's staring at the sun, it's not 1 in Mew's dimension.

I don't see how there's a sun perceived in the 2nd image. Marron & Almond were in a cave during a snowstorm. She sees an image of Mewtwo with a "sad look on its face", then Mew appears, which may be it creating the light, especially if that was an illusionary Mewtwo disappearing.

The upper left image with the smaller sphere of light near Marron's face in that 2nd image is likely Mew's light being spotted by her, especially given the shine/sparkle SFX showing up to indicate the sudden light.

And in the bottom left of that 2nd image is a sound effect that's often compared to a blast of wind or other such sound effect. It continues onto that 3rd image link.

And in that third image, Marron describes the area as outside/nearby her HOUSE. So they're obviously still not in Mew's Forest. Given the dialogue suggesting Mew read their hearts, & the SFX connected between pages, they were teleported.

The best I can see as an argument is the white spots in the upper right corner of the 3rd image linked. MAYBE that's a sun or stars. But there shouldn't be multiple suns visible in the sky, & I don't think that sky colouration is dark enough to be indicating showing stars. And they just left an area with heavy snowfall.

AND that panel was part of a teleportation sequence, meaning even if it is a view of a sky, it may just be of their own world, not of Mew's Forest.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"
Well I skimmed through the manga. No mention of star sadly. And i don't see any mention of it being created by it. Though the manga is hard to read because the kanji is small I will reread it agai So give me some time"
~ ALRF​
UPDATE: There is mention of a "shooting star." µÁüÒéîµÿƒÒü┐ÒéÅÒüäÒü¡ http://jb2448.info/_data/i/galleries/Magical_Pokemon_Journey/RAWs/Volume_10/PMPPPA_V10_046-me.jpg
By Coconuts, who doesn't go into Mew's Forest, & in a page before they even FIND the portal to Mew's Forest.

Also, during part of the manga, the Mewtwo (Illusion) describes the place as a resting ground for Pokemon Spirits, or the like. On that note:

What proof do we have that Mew's Forest IS another dimension? As opposed to just connecting 1 location on the planet to another.

Dialogue indicates people get lost nearby, presumably because of portals, spirits. How do we know it isn't named "Mew's Forest" because people report seeing Mew there, as opposed to Mew having created it?

It could just be a continent on the setting's Earth or something, as opposed to its own pocket dimension or the like.

And what proof is there that there's a sun? Mew's own appearance generated light, so in theory, it might get light from other sources, if any at all... assuming characters being able to see isn't just PIS or the like, if you'll forgive my assumption.

@Cal: Well, regardless of the result, I'm glad this was resolved peacefully. It would seem Mew got an upgrade out of error & it wasn't corrected this long. I like Mew, but I'm glad we've corrected this. If it's any compensation, at least Mew still has that (Arguable outlier) feat from Pokemon Snap, doesn't it?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Question.
I agree with the AP downgrade if we're taking these new translations over the formers but, in the Mew thread (PT 2) I believe there's evidence that shows Mew or Mewtwo can warp and manipulate the fabric of said dimension. If that's the case, wouldn't it still be Tier 4 through hax?
So we're just going to ignore this?

Question.
I agree with the AP downgrade if we're taking these new translations over the formers but, in the Mew thread (PT 2) I believe there's evidence that shows Mew or Mewtwo can warp and manipulate the fabric of said dimension. If that's the case, wouldn't it still be Tier 4 through hax?
So we're just going to ignore this?
No offense. If there's new translations or other material to look over, I think it would help the thread discuss them if they (scans, new translations, etc.) were posted.

Although, I'm unsure what warping or manipulation occurred.

Mew, &/or the spirits of Pokemon in Mew's Forest did communicate with Marron before she entered the portal to it, but that's likely just psychic abilities, or telepathy, & not necessarily an ability of Mew's if there's a bunch of other Pokemon Spirits doing it.

& said communication happens with people in an area that's already reputed to be haunted or the like, in the setting. And given that there's indication that Mew/the Mewtwo illusion can open portals, the spirits may just be communicating with people while a portal is open; What if they can't when it's closed.

And I'm not sure opening a person-sized portal is Tier 4, especially if we don't even know if the portal isn't just linking 2 locations on the same planet together. And I'm not sure teleporting Marron & Almond out of Mew's Forest is a Tier 4 feat either.

The other possibility of warping I can recall is when Mew/Mewtwo (Illusion) summons a snowstorm in Mew's Forest. But controlling weather in a forest isn't Tier 4.

And the idea of it being Tier 4 in hax... well, if it's warping a whole dimension, isn't that at least 3-A or Low 2-C? Not Tier 4.

If it is Tier 4, then why, & from what feat? Especially when it doesn't seem like Mew's Forest has any proof of containing its own sun or stars.

The real cal howard said:
Mewtwo's probably gonna fight Necrozma in 2018, so I'm not really worried :p
A bit off-topic, & sorry to say, but.... While I find the prospect of such revisions interesting -form tiers aside- I'd hope your only reason for accepting a downgrade was because there was an upgrade coming that'd cancel it out.

Again, I like Mew (Actually my favorite Pokemon ever. Seriously.) but we're an indexing site first.

So, have the accepted edits been performed here, and if so, should we close this thread?

Okay. I will wait to see what other think as well.

Well, the key was only added for a non-canon story. But since the feat wasn't even performed by Mew or Mewtwo, it can just be removed.

Okay, so the edits have not been performed yet? In that case, is anybody willing to do so?

So is everything done now? If so, I think that we can close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back