• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Living Tribunal 1-B and Beyonder High 1-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyonder >>>>>>>>>> Living tribunal as seen in Secret Wars. Wouldn't he be High 1-A and Tier 0 while in Beyonder-realm?

You can't be Tier 0 while in a realm and out of it weaker.

Or you are definitely Tier 0 or you are not.

The thing is, there's two different Beyonders, and I'm pretty sure that SW Beyonder isn't the High 1-C/High 1-B Beyonder. That's the 2-A BeyonderS. Emphasis on the S. So the reason that they took out the Beyonder is PIS. If Pre-Retcon Beyonder (the tier 1 one) did it, he'd be 1-B out of the realm, and if he did it while in the realm, it wouldn't matter.

Ugh

Read the note on the page. It said the living tribunal back then was strictly stated to be able to detonate Stars. Also I don't think u can scale secret wars Beyonder to later versions of TLT.
1980s_Living_Tribunal.jpg

ZeoParadox is correct. We cannot scale Pre-Retcon Beyonder from the Post-Retcon Living Tribunal.

Basically, we can only use guesswork for the Beyonder power outside of the Beyond Realm, based on the statement that his power is millions of times greater than an entire multiverse combined.

KamiYasha said:
You can't be Tier 0 while in a realm and out of it weaker.
Or you are definitely Tier 0 or you are not.
IIRC Beyonder Realm is outside of the marvel multiverse
3344478-beyonder 1985 bio

Tier 0's like TOAA maybe tier 0 in Marvel Multiverse but not in DC, in fact he does not even exist in DC. Beyonder existed outside of Marvel Multiverse. (Yes, I know that there is a scan that says TOAA is creator of omniverse but in the same page omniverse was defined as "group of alternate universes that encompass all of reality").

3344492-marvel age interview
Another sca

Antvasima said:
ZeoParadox is correct. We cannot scale Pre-Retcon Beyonder from the Post-Retcon Living Tribunal.
Basically, we can only use guesswork for the Beyonder power outside of the Beyond Realm, based on the statement that his power is millions of times greater than an entire multiverse combined.
Both the new and original one was 1-B

The real cal howard said:
The thing is, there's two different Beyonders, and I'm pretty sure that SW Beyonder isn't the High 1-C/High 1-B Beyonder. That's the 2-A BeyonderS. Emphasis on the S. So the reason that they took out the Beyonder is PIS. If Pre-Retcon Beyonder (the tier 1 one) did it, he'd be 1-B out of the realm, and if he did it while in the realm, it wouldn't matter.
Sorry dont get what you mean by this. I was hoping that I would get clarification on why the "Tier 1 one that is ranked lower than LT" is ranked lower than LT.

1. Beyonders killed Living Tribunal correct? Irrelevant here.

2. The beyonder is also probably infinitely stronger than Living Tribunal, read Secret Wars again and it will show Living tribunal and other abstracts as being afraid of Beyonder!.

Living Tribunal was inferior to be both 3 beyonders and the Pre retcon beyonder.

Yes. TLT is afraid of PR Beyonder. No one is denying that. And yes, he is infinitely greater in his own realm, but that's it. Feats and statements outside the realm only (for lack of a batter word) put him at High 1-C, while feats and statements TLT is a solid 1-B.

Wait, was Pre-R Beyonder apart of Secret Wars? My bad. But point still stands. Beyonder in his realm is High 1-B to TLT's 1-B, so they/it/he/whatever can still be very afraid of him.

The relevant issue here is that Marvel Comics is extremely inconsistent from writer to writer, and era to era.

The handbook entry that was released during the mid-1980s, shortly after the time of the Secret War II storyline, stated that the Living Tribunal at the time was only able to detonate stars, and when first introduced, Doctor Strange was able to put up a fight against him.

However, in a 1994 story featuring the Molecule Man and the Post-Retcon Beyonder, the Living Tribunal was retconned into a 16-dimensional entity by a different writer.

Basically, the High 1-C rating is guesswork, based on that our Multiverse is defined as 11-dimensional, but we really don't know, so it may in fact be best to adjust Pre-Retcon Beyonder outside of the Beyond Realm (and the pre-retcon Molecule Man) to unknown ratings.

Beyonder doesn't qualify for tier 0 because he has been humbled by molecule man outside his multiverse . He wouldn't have had to use a cup with lot of his power to erase Death from the multiverse (He would have done it with the effort of brushing an ant off his sleeve), and he wouldn't have doubted the action could be undone.

The real cal howard said:
Yes. TLT is afraid of PR Beyonder. No one is denying that. And yes, he is infinitely greater in his own realm, but that's it. Feats and statements outside the realm only (for lack of a batter word) put him at High 1-C, while feats and statements TLT is a solid 1-B.
Wait, was Pre-R Beyonder apart of Secret Wars? My bad. But point still stands. Beyonder in his realm is High 1-B to TLT's 1-B, so they/it/he/whatever can still be very afraid of him.
The thing that really irks me is that yes, perhaps feats put LT 1-B due to existing in 16 dimensional space (like the picture showed). I am also arguing though that outside of the beyonder realm PR beyonder is still >>>>>> LT. If you read Secret Wars again (Sorry to cause trouble, you can also search up feats). All the abstracts including LT were afraid of him outside of the beyonder realm. So to put him High 1-C whilst he is outside of the Beyonder realm is false.

Antvasima said:
The relevant issue here is that Marvel Comics is extremely inconsistent from writer to writer, and era to era.
The handbook entry that was released during the mid-1980s, shortly after the time of the Secret War II storyline, stated that the Living Tribunal at the time was only able to detonate stars, and when first introduced, Doctor Strange was able to put up a fight against him.

However, in a 1994 story featuring the Molecule Man and the Post-Retcon Beyonder, the Living Tribunal was retconned into a 16-dimensional entity by a different writer.
Hmm, did not know that. uhhhhhhh ok... that is very very interesting. Can you please give me evidence that LT was actually retconned? Or is the change in writer already sufficient evidence that it was a retcon? Sorry I am a bit uninformed here but how can you tell when something is retconned? It is not like LT got retconned like beyonder's cosmic cube retcon.

Also, you said that the old LT can only detonate stars?

1782808-lt2cm

EgyptianGodRaw said:
Beyonder doesn't qualify for tier 0 because he has been humbled by molecule man outside his multiverse . He wouldn't have had to use a cup with lot of his power to erase Death from the multiverse (He would have done it with the effort of brushing an ant off his sleeve), and he wouldn't have doubted the action could be undone.
It would take less effort than brushing an ant of his sleeve if he was tier 0, which he is not in the marvel multiverse, but I get what you mean. Anyways, I do not see your premise here. Read my scans first, or if you already have. Please articulate your contention better because I don't get why you are using outside of beyonder realm feats to describe inside the beyonder realm beyonder's powers.

The Kubik and Kosmos story, featuring the picture that you posted, happened during the 1990s, not the 1980s.

It is not required for a writer to officially state "this is a retcon", for a new turn of events to qualify. He or she simply needs to establish a new set of rules that clearly contradict the old ones, and claim that it had always been that way.

Also, I would appreciate if you permanently stop quoting large blocks of text, as it spams the page, and makes it harder to read.

No problem, but since the question has been answered, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back