• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are the Crystal Gem Rel+ when their feat is 33% the speed of light.

I've been meaning to make this thread for months and I still have to make one or two more, but I'll make those later. Why are the Crystal Gems relativistic+ when they only did a relativistic feat.

The pages are a little outdated, because I think the original calc was around 60% or something, but turns out that calc was wrong, and then it re-done, and then result is only 30%, but it seems like nobody remembered to downgrade them.

I believe Paulo is correct

Honestly i can potentially see the Diamonds being Rel+ just through sheer scaling but thats about it

Ok so should I edit the pages? Also are the Diamonds going to be rel possibily rel+ or are they going to be just rel

I think that we can only place them at the values provided by the calculation.

Good night.

Antvasima said:
I think that we can only place them at the values provided by the calculation.

Good night.
Right before I go to bed; can I Edit the pages since everyone in the thread agrees

What i mean is, speed-wise, Pearl (Who has the Rel feat) < Garnet <<< Sardonyx <<< Alexandrite <<< White Light <<<<< Diamonds

Do we know that they are much swifter, and not just more powerful?

^ The only example I can think of them being faster is Hessonite but even then; she's only faster while using a single move that I believe increases her speed since you can't block that attack in the game while you can block her other attacks (also it one shots you while every other attack she does doesn't so I assume the attack has special properties)

@Ant For example, Amethyst (Who scales to Pearl) was speedblitzed horribly by Jasper (Who scales to Garnet) who in turn was speedblitzed by Smoky Quartz (the fusion of Amethyst and Steven)

Rose Quartz also speedblitzed multiple Rubies before they had a chance to react

Also technically Sugilite DID blitz Pearl in their initial fight

Okay. I suppose that "At least" ratings would be warranted then, as I think that this is our usual praxis.

I actually really want to say something, but it's to late and it goes good with the other thread I want to make so I will take about it later. (Just know I think we use the word blitz too causally (usless reacting to some from +50ft away counts as a blitz which I will get into tomorrow (if I can bring myself into making an other thread))

Size oftentimes gives characters higher speed. A large being will have a stride many times longer than a normal humans, and thus they will be far faster. Big cats, despite being many times larger than humans, run faster.

How exactly does that work? That would mean that a city-sized creature would move at snail speeds since it is several orders of magnitude over a human.

And that is clearly just not the case since many animals who are larger than humans are faster.

Animals who are larger than humans are faster because of other reasons, such as a more flexible build in the case of cheetahs, who are larger and faster, but slimmer & have to spend copous amounts of time recovering from their own chases.

If you double the size of an object, you'll be reducing their speed by half. They will now be four times stronger than before, but also eight times as massive. Their speed will therefore be half what it was when they were tiny.

But even looking at strength, animals clearly don't follow this linearly. The Harvester Ant, while being far smaller than the Dung Beetle, is also far weaker, even proportionally.

The gorilla is one of the proportionally strongest animals on Earth, despite millions of other smaller species existing.

Of course it is far weaker. It is far smaller, as you said yourself. That's a part of the square cube law as well.

A gorilla is one of the strongest animals on Earth because their muscles are built for raw power. This comes with the price of tiring out more easily than a human.

Id just like tonpoint out that stronger gems being faster is 100% supported by feats. Garnet is karger than both Amethyst and Pearl and she can casually keep up with both simultaneously. Rose blitzed three rubies, which are barely a third her size, before they could even react.

Being larger doesn't make the diamonds slower.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
^ Wasn't the entire point of that episode that this scene didn't actually happen.
I thought they said they had an eye witness (but maybe they were referring to something else). (If it's fake ok, I guess but they seemed pretty sure that's what happen)

I did multiple times; I pretty sure that lawyer was pulling stuff out her butt considering she said that her gems on the line in that same scene

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RHoduPDTC8Y/maxresdefault.jpg I don't want to get into theory stuff, but since the only events we have been told are a lie we pretty much have nothing to base the Diamonds speed off of, so I'll just point that not only have the Crystal Gem stated that they did defeat pink diamond (meaning they had to hit her) but we can see her gem in the temple so they can't be that much faster than Rose since Rose defeated one. (But I really don't care all that much about this anyways, so if everyone in this thread agrees with rel+ Diamonds I'll be fine with it)

WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah no, Rose never shattered Pink, at this point it's either Yellow or White that shattered her
In Gemcation Garnet states that they did it

Only mention of Pink Diamond in Gemcation:

Garnet: You didn't do anything wrong. Pink Diamond was a villain. It was 5,750 years ago. Pink Diamond was ravishing the planet...

Steven: Yeah, I know.

Garnet: Oh.

Steven: Pink Diamond was bad. Everything bad had to happen so good things could kind of happen.

Garnet: Uh, good. You understand.

Back