• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario is possibly universal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a guy name CornerCornDog and he is like well known for being extremely knowledgeable on Mario. He made two different posts justifying why Mario characters are universal

Universal feats for Mario:

With that out of the way, let’s get into this.

Now some of these are definitely more valid than others, but most of these are very clear and concrete universe-level feats, and the remaining dubious ones are there to further back up universe-level. I know some people aren’t going to agree with everything I said here, and that’s fine, but you cannot deny that most of these are clear-cut universe-level feats. I am convinced that if these feats were in another series, then these people would have no problem buying these as universal. I personally don’t see any reason not to believe in universal Mario characters.

Multiversal+ Mario:

So for the longest time I was willing to accept Mario and Luigi fighting Dreamy Bowser as just an outlier, but I have found several more feats that give very solid scaling to multiversal characters for Mario and others. To start, here are the Mario characters and items typically accepted to be multiverse-level.
And there’s some characters from Super Paper Mario but they’re irrelevant to the discussion here.
Anyway, there are many times throughout Dream Team where characters would perform an action that would allow them to scale to one of the four characters up there.
That is eight different times characters can scale to already established multiversal characters. I feel that is way too much for it to just be called an outlier anymore, and I think multi+ Mario has really solid evidence with this. I will also be answering questions that I definitely expect to get.
What if Dreamy Bowser wasn’t using the full power of the Dream Stone?
It is stated by Dreambert that Bowser absorbed all of the Dream Stone, so he would have the entire thing. Bowser’s also not an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing, he’s utilized other power sources in the past, like the Star Rod or Grand Stars, so there’s no reason to assume he wouldn’t know how to use the full power of the Dream Stone.
What if the Zeekeeper was holding back in his Dreamy Luigi fight?
Zeekeeper says that all who oppose him will fall into the light right before starting the battle, and he straight up dares them to try and stop him. After this he says he underestimated them and will now unveil his true power, and says he can give them no mercy. Dreambert says that Dreamy Luigi must match the Zeekeeper’s power, and Zeekeeper compliments Dreamy Luigi’s strength and says that he has great power. The game makes it very clear that Zeekeeper was going all out against Dreamy Luigi, so Mario and Dreamy Luigi should scale.
Don’t the Dream and Dark stones have way weaker durability than their magical power? Why would shattering them be evidence for scaling?
I used to believe this too since it explained how Peach and Antasma were able to destroy them, but there’s nothing to really imply that the stones’ durability is weaker than their power output. The Dream Stone is directly stated to be formed of all the happy dreams, while the Dark Stone is the physical manifestation of nightmares, so they should have the same durability as their power. Like I’ve shown, it’s also consistent with other feats so it isn’t an outlier anymore.
Mario doesn’t scale to Antasma, he needed help from Dreamy Luigi to take him down.
As shown earlier, Antasma is able to take Dreamy Luigi away from Mario, and Mario is able to still fight him as well as break the things that give Antasma power. Several Luiginary attacks involve Mario putting in the physical effort like Luiginary Ball and Luiginary Hammer, which are able to harm Antasma just as well. So Mario would scale to Antasma even without Dreamy Luigi.
Why would Bowser scale to an amped version of himself?
Ignoring Bowser tanking the Dream Stone shattering as well as his dream form fighting giant Dreamy Luigi already being enough justification to scale, Mario has consistently fought amped versions of Bowser just fine, with Bowser obviously still being able to keep up with Mario while in base. There’s the aforementioned Giant Bowser, but also Grand Star Bowser, Black Paint Bowser, MegaDragonBowser, Bowcien, and Shiny RoboBowser. It sounds weird, but Mario consistently scales to Bowser’s “stronger” forms. I think it’s clear one of two things is happening.
  • The power boost really just applies to added abilities Bowser doesn’t have otherwise, and wouldn’t increase his physical strength at all
  • The amp is so close to Bowser’s original strength that it hardly matters at all, and Bowser would still be able to scale
Out of these, I think the former is more likely, but both are plausible explanations for this. Either way, it is clear there is precedent for Bowser scaling to his other forms in terms of power.
I don’t buy it.
Cool.
How many dreams are there and how big are they?
First I’ll cover how big the Dream Worlds are. Dream Worlds are directly called as such by Dreambert, who also called their home universe The Real World, indicating that the Dream Worlds are a comparable size to the real universe. This is backed up by these Dream Worlds having many stars and constellations in them. That’s not all however, as at many times in Mario Party 5 the dreams are said to be entire universes, as the manual, Misstar, and Eldstar (translation) refer to Future Dream as a universe. Finally, Subcon, the Dream World from Super Mario Bros. 2, is also referred to as a universe. From this it seems pretty clear that each Dream World is a universe.
Each Dream World is located in a separate dimension, as Zeekeeper is said to be crossing dimensions in the boss fight, and in order for Kamek to go to a different Dream World, he must cross through the real world, meaning they must be in separate dimensions.
For the amount of Dream Worlds, BS Super Mario USA (the Japanese-exclusive sequel to the North American Super Mario Bros. 2) says that there are as many Subcons as there are people dreaming. In addition, it is said that many new dreams arrive at the Dream Depot every day, and every time someone falls asleep a new dream world is created. For the amount of beings in the Mario universes, we have several statements to go off of. First off, Mario’s universe is directly compared to the Painting Worlds in Mario 64, which includes worlds like Shifting Sand Land, which is stated to have infinite underworlds, as well as Tick Tock Clock, which is stated to have no bottom and be endless. This gives evidence for Mario’s home universe, as well as all the Painting Worlds, to be infinite in size. That’s not all though, as the alternate dimension Outer Space is said to be infinite in size several times. This alien states that space is endless and within that infinite space is filled with dreams. In addition, Tippi states that this alien drives his thoughts about in endless space, as well as saying space is infinite herself, and the worlds in Super Paper Mario are called parallel worlds, so Mario’s main universe would be comparable. So this makes sense, within an infinite space there exists infinite dreams. To back this up, paint in Paper Mario: Color Splash is shown to be sentient, as it has a mind of its own as well as being shown to sleep, so paint should be able to create its own Dream World. Paint is shown to be everything, from matter to empty space, meaning an infinite amount of space has infinite paint, which means an infinite amount of Dream Worlds.
Before you ask, yes, paint is shown to act the same exact way in alternate dimensions, so worlds like Outer Space and the Painting Worlds should also contribute to this.
We’re still not done however, as it has been shown that characters can sleep and create new Dream Worlds while in a Dream World. Because there are many creatures and characters shown to be native to the Dream Worlds, Dream Worlds are stated to be infinite in size by Eldstar, and these worlds are shown to have a day/night cycle, it is reasonable to say that the creation of just one Dream World would cause an infinitely increasing amount of Dream Worlds.
Tl;dr - There are an infinite amount of infinitely large dreams, each with infinite more dreams being created from them, and the Dream Stone would scale to that.
Who all would scale to this?
Mario, Bowser, Peach, and Antasma were the ones who scale directly to already established multiversal characters, so anyone who scales to them would scale, which is basically everyone. I can go in depth for how certain characters would scale to them if you have any questions, but most characters are shown on par with each other in every game they appear in. Donkey Kong characters like King K. Rool would also scale to this, and even basic fodder like Goombas which I explain here. Again, feel free to ask why a specific character would scale since I have reasoning for basically everyone.
Bonus: Possible Infinite speed Mario characters
So since there are several statements of the Mario universe being infinite in size, any “edge of universe” feat like this one would be infinite speed. Any “center of the universe” feat like this one or this one would also be infinite in speed, since Super Mario Galaxy portrays the center of the universe as farther away than the edge of the universe, as a Launch Star can be taken to the edge of the universe but the Comet Observatory must be taken to get to the center. This feat involves crossing seven universes at once, which would also be infinite in speed.
Backing this up further, Bowser was stated by the Star Spirits that at the rate he was going, he was going to destroy all the Dream Worlds one at a time, which I have already shown that there are an infinite amount of. This would require Bowser to not only have infinite attack speed, but as Bowser was shown destroying these by going into each of them, he would need infinite movement speed as well.
Now admittedly, I don’t think this is as definitive or legit as the multi+ stuff from earlier, but it is definitely still arguable, and that’s why I wanted to share it.
Conclusion
I was originally on the side of Dreamy Bowser just being an outlier, but there’s much more evidence now that I can’t really say it is. There’s also an argument for the characters having infinite speed, which is debatable but still has several pieces of evidence for. I understand that not a lot of people will agree with this, since it is a very big upgrade to a series that people already have very divisive opinions on scaling them, but I just wanted to share this with people because I feel it is legitimate. Thank you for reading this, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Now Mario is 6-C on this site, so I wanted to shed some light on these, are any of these actually valid?

Last edited:
Before even looking at the links, I highly suggest that you import all of the arguments onto the site itself rather than having us go to a link. Makes the whole review process a lot faster and easier, you know?

There is a guy name CornerCornDog and he is like well known for being extremely knowledgeable on Mario. He made two different posts justifying why Mario characters are universal

Universal feats for Mario

Multiversal+ Mario

Now Mario is 6-C on this site, so I wanted to shed some light on these, are any of these actually valid?
the problem is mario has a plethera of anti feats, and import the arguments onto the site itself

No Mario expert, but take out the links that link to a separate wiki.

That or take the stuff that's sourced from there and put it in instead otherwise, take it out.

Oh, that's cool, I seen the blog myself. I will ask if you received permission from Corner themselves, as posting someone's constructed arguments isn't a good look. There's some things that I can agree with but I'll start with what has been deneied or Fishy to me

Wario survives the collapse of the dimension unharmed, which is less damage that characters like Mario have done to him. (Wario World)
This was quote on quote "debunked" and got denied here on vsbw 2 years ago. Hate to break it to ya. I wish black jewel stuff was accepted lolmao

" Subcon, the Dream World from Super Mario Bros. 2, is also referred to as a universe." I mean, the problem is that nothing implies Wart has damaged the universe, "bringing peace to the universe" is more of a hyperbole used in storytelling. So I disagree with that

"It sounds weird, but Mario consistently scales to Bowser’s “stronger” forms."
I guess so.

"

A good chunk of these arguments was denied on vsbw before, more than once.

Not everything here is just whatever's been rejected, the infinite speed stuff and multi+ Dream Team hasn't been truly brought to attention.

Isn’t this just a rehash of every rejected argument?

tbf the rosa thing is legit, it's just vague in how she did it, and if it even scales to anyone, and even if it did scale, it'd be an outlier for everything but her, doubly so given she had to protect mario and peach from it in the first place, which obviously scaling them to the thing that was evidently gonna kill them is dumb.
most of the rest is fake news or ultimately doesnt mean anything by itself tho

Universal feats for Mario:

Multiversal+ Mario:

I like what you think, but as much as I hate to say it, a lot of these feats were rejected by the site.

Can anyone send me the threads where this arguments were rejected?

Looking that over, the Dream Stone could get a notable amp tbh.

Now does Mario scale to it? Are half the "scaling" examples as sound as presented and have full context? Does the durability of random conduits actually scale to abstract noncorporal energy because "well it just should bro", let alone things that don't even matter line Ant's funny power sources? Lmao, to most of that.

But bro did cook up an AP of some degree there, even if not 2-A that's a huge buff into 2-B for the Stone and Dreamy, could probably discuss that as there's an upgrade to be had even if it isn't as all-encompassing as the blog would like.

Last edited:

Thanks!

I won't address ones that are already rejected or the more complicated ones but
I have seen people say that Rosalina shielded herself from the blast, but there is no indication that she does this. The only indication that she uses her shields comes from the guidebook (which, btw, the people arguing this also have argued that the guidebooks shouldn’t be used), and it only states she shields Mario and Peach, not herself. When she uses her shields you can see them, there is a visual indication that she has her shields out. That is not present in the final cutscene. She does not use her shields on herself to protect from the universe collapsing.
I find it really funny that people are going to see a situation where a character has shields, uses said shields to protect other people (who are, according to this person, comparable to her) from an attack, and say she just somehow decides to facetank the ******* thing rather than use the shields to protect herself too.
This is completely false- The dev statement is very explicit about the fact that the game is not canon to the Mario series. Imgur screenshot in case the video goes down but the interviewer asks "Is this canon to Mario" and they immediately respond with "Not at all".
Mario, Bowser, and Peach fight Culex, who is stated to have the power to rule over all creation, is the master of time and space, and consumes time, all of which should be around the level of universal. (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Only in the english localization.
"Absorbing the power of the universe" does not make you universal in the same way that "absorbing the power of the sun" does not make a sunflower a planet buster.
This one's also very funny because if you look at any of the scans it immediately falls apart. the "consistent" statements all come from guides that are clearly talking about Bonetail being mechanically harder than the Queen, not lore-wise, in fact it makes actively no sense for that to be the case given that Mario is explicitly unable to fight her. In particular the part about all the information coming from the companies is just openly lying given that the scan itself says "Everything we write is based on our own opinions. Information we use comes from the companies, or is correct to our knowledge." You know, even if you ignore the fact that the "blow up the universe" is obviously a joke.

Last edited:
Isn’t this just a rehash of every rejected argument?
Rule of thumb: Every time some guy starts a thread with a "There is a guy named X" for the sole purposes of downgrading or upgrading verses on this wiki, expect it to be rehashed arguments from Reddit, AKA prime-time for thread closure. Never give these dudes the time of day. EVER.

They can cry "muh elitism" all they want, but at the end of the day, rehashed arguments are rehashed arguments, especially ones that do not line up with our standards or rules.

@Armorchompy All yours man.

As much as I trust reddit more than vsbw for mario scaling, I cant say I find what you said untrue.
Rule of thumb: Every time some guy starts a thread with a "There is a guy named X" for the sole purposes of downgrading or upgrading verses on this wiki, expect it to be rehashed arguments from Reddit, AKA prime-time for thread closure. Never give these dudes the time of day. EVER.

They can cry "muh elitism" all they want, but at the end of the day, rehashed arguments are rehashed arguments, especially ones that do not line up with our standards or rules.

As much as I trust reddit more than vsbw for mario scaling, I cant say I find what you said untrue.
You are really mad after the downgrade, right?

Armor chompy: Starts talking about Mario powerscaling
Everyone:

1aa1blank.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back