• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are spite/stomp Battles so alluring?

Let's talk about spite battles and why they can be fun and why they have an appeal to people in the vs community

So has anybody here posted a spite battle before? It does not have to have been a attentional spite battle it could have been a match up you believed was fair but it turned out to be one sided

And is there any spite battles you think are fun to see? For example seeing naruto getting T-posed on by Goku?

I remember doing a Overlord laharl vs Goku match up and it ended up being a stomp

I thought that since I was using the strongest version of Goku that it would be more even since I heard Zeno Goku (or was it Xeno goku) was really powerful and if his ap did not match laharl then his hax should even the playing field but it turned out to still be a stomp

TacticalNuke002 said:
I have posted a few, but I intended them as puzzles to be solved where I already know the solution.

For example, answer me this.

Diavolo lolstomps The Fateless One (at his strongest). How?
I don't know of Diavolo but i do know of the fateless one so i will counter that by saying the battle would not happen since the the fateless one has no fate and is not fated to fight Diavolo

Spite cannot be unintentional. Because at least here, the term specifically refers to intentionally creating a matchup that one character has no chance at winning.

Only stomp matches I've done are ones where it wasn't clear if they were stomp in the first place, with the debating helping settle its status as stomp.

The only spite/stomp thread I've made...

Wait I haven't even made a vs match thread yet...

What even am I doing on this site?

My best post turned out to be a stomp battle

Still happy that Overlord Laharl now dabs on the whole Dragon ball verse though

I've made several stomps because I use verses like these. Especially with the destiny matches cause 5-C isn't the strongest tier them excluded.

I haven't made any spites, but I do make threads intending to argue for one of my characters. That's fine, what wouldn't be would be me skewing the match conditions to force a win for my guy.

Doom has way better feats.

And no one answered my puzzle question. How does Diavolo effortlessly stomp The Fateless One who may be vying for a spot in Top 5 6-Bs?

TacticalNuke002 said:
Doom has way better feats.

And no one answered my puzzle question. How does Diavolo effortlessly stomp The Fateless One who may be vying for a spot in Top 5 6-Bs?
I countered your puzzle before though

Also how does a lowly jojo's character beat a chad like the fateless one?

Sometimes people think that no one can beat a specific character.

And sometimes, you just gotta knock them down a peg.

Pretty much any match that involves Dragon Ball (not Xenoverse) and someone that leads with good hax.

It never ends well...

They'd normally have the advantage of being really fast, but speed's almost always equalized, rip

KnightOfSunlight said:
God I learned that the hard way. Even relatively minor haxx can tip the balance out of Dragonball's favor.
I mean... not really? Dragon Ball surprisingly lives up to it's reputation as being pure brute force, most of the time being stronger than the opponents they're matched with. Minor haxes aren't going to help if Goku can just blast your head off or something to that effect.

They work when they kill people and don't have travel time. Given that it's tier 2, stuff tends to be like that.

Also godly regen and such

Back