• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What exactly is a stomp?

The stomp thread page explains stomp as an extremely one-sided match where the winning character heavily outclasses the losing character and faces little to no challenge in defeating them, and as such these threads would not be added.

But the practice seems to be different to me, I have been in here since early 2019 and saw many threads where Character A outclasses Character B to hell and back and is better than B at nearly everything, but it is not a stomp because B has a wincon

Does having a wincon make a matchup not stomp regardless of small it is and how outclassed the character is?

In threads, it comes to how everyone involved judges whether it's a stomp or not based on the standards.

It's a case-by-case basis, so there are situations where Character B have a legitimate chance to win but will overall just lose. But I guess there are instances where the wincon doesn't matter, but that depends on the specific threads.

Basically, when A has absolutely no chance at winning against B due to either getting one-shot, outskilled, blitzed, and/or haxxed, it’s a stomp.

Basically, when A has absolutely no chance at winning against B due to either getting one-shot, outskilled, blitzed, and/or haxxed, it’s a stomp.
So weird. It's like it somehow becomes a decisive matchup (this was so close yoo) when the character gets outclassed to hell and back but they got one random ability that might serve as a wincon even tho the likelyhood of them using it in time (due to either not being a preferred ability or needing some specific things to happen) is extremely slim

I think being so outclassed should be considered stomp as such a matchup becomes very one-sided tbh

If you really want to, you can make an effort and find the versus threads which you think should be stomps, then request that those threads be removed from the wiki profiles provided with arguments and evidences. Though that will take quite a bit of effort.

If you really want to, you can make an effort and find the versus threads which you think should be stomps, then request that those threads be removed from the wiki profiles provided with arguments and evidences. Though that will take quite a bit of effort.
I can do it and have done it several times by now, I just wanted to know just being greatly outmached also equals a stomp even wincon exists, as a very small wincon obviously does not make it decisive.

Like for example if Character A has somewhere around 60-70% chance of winning and character B is around 30-40% this can be decisive, but not when B has as little as 10% (maybe due to most of Bs primary abilities not being useful) then it's not really decisive is it

Does having a wincon make a matchup not stomp regardless of small it is and how outclassed the character is?
If you only have one win con you could argue that it is just a decisive win, but you can also argue since you only have one win con then it's still a stomp, so it can go either way.

Back