• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are people thinking that Goku(Super)'s maximum is only 197 Quadrillion FTL?

Ok so ever since goku actually got a speed calc for him(Finally, thank god) people are measuring him now. Now I have no problem with this, but here's the main issue. SOME PEOPLE REALLY THINK THAT IS HIS ABSOULUTE MAXIMUM SPEED. People are really ignoring his abilities that has been stated to MULTIPLY his physical capabilities including speed. Kaio-Ken is a PRIME EXAMPLE. The technique allows goku to increase his capabilities from 2-20 times its regular amount.
Now tolerate with me here and lets say goku BARLEY got an speed increase when going Blue. When he combines Kaioken to his Blue state his abilities is dramatically increases by the multiplier amount. So if we multiply 196 Quadrillion by 20 or if you want pick 10 times. Goku would be at 1.96 Quintillion(for 10 times) x FTL and 3.92 Quintillion(for 20 times) x FTL. Now lets put it all together. we know goku gets an huge increase OVERALL in Blue, we know that he still continued to train, we also know that he got some zenkai boast throughout Super, and we know that he broke his limits numerous of times in the TOP. add that with the kaioken and he should be even faster than that. And don't even get me started with Ultra Instinct.

COUNTER ARGUEMENTS

"We don't accept multipliers on this wiki, Especially DB Multipliers"
-That's a absolute lie. I have seen characters on this wiki who have multipliers as well as people who doesn't even have official multipliers, just lowball ones. Prime examples is Natsu Dragneel, and Ichigo Kurosaki(pre-timeskip). I will not deny that the Super Sayian multipliers are iffy, and that we shouldn't assume some random numbers because of it. I also know that just because something is a multiplier doesn't necessarily mean that it improves all stats. However when you are talking about Kaio-Ken, that shows when he increases the multiplier he gets an increase in all his physical stats, and when it even states it in the manga we can't just ignore that.

"Kaio-Ken only increase the power and nothing more"-So we really going to ignore the times when goku's speed got increased when he used it on Nappa, Vegeta, and ESPICALLY Frieza? Goku used the move on Nappa because he stated it himself that his base speed wasn't going to be fast enough to stop nappa from harming gohan and krillin. When he fought vegeta, in the very beginning vegeta was shown to be faster than base goku. Then later on, vegeta could BARELY KEEP UP WITH HIM when he went x3. When he fought Frieza, he couldn't even hit Frieza(50% full power) UNTIL HE WENT KAIOKENx20. Just go and watch the fights and tell me again that only's goku strength got increased.

"That would mean Goku is faster than whis if he was around that speed"
- No it wouldn't at all. It would mean that whis is actually faster. this is LITTERALY BASIC MULTIPLICATION AND LOGIC. If person A can multiply his capabilities and can move at a particular speed because of it and person B is still faster than person A even with their multiplied stats, then obviously that would mean that person B is above the speed of person A. For whis case all we got to do is say that he's shown to move at that speed but that's not his combat speed. We've seen characters who have different combat and movement speed before.

"There is a inconsistency with Kaioken and kaiokenx2 when goku used it when fighting vegeta, So therefore we shouldn't use it." I do agree that the consistency is iffy in that moment during the fight. However once Goku got to Kaiokenx3 that disappeared and from that point on, it was shown to increase goku's physical parameters by the respected multiplier. Hell if that's truly not enough, if you go to goku(Z Version) you will see that it even says that it increases his speed with the kaio-ken from Relativistic to FTL with Kaiokenx3(Sayian Saga) and FTL to FTL+ with Kaiokenx20(Frieza Saga). So I don't understand why we are rejecting the concept now since the principle of Kaio-Ken is still the same in Super.

My main point here is that Goku's maximum currently isn't 197 Quadrillion, it should be in the early quintillions AT LEAST. And anyone who scales to current goku or is higher should be the same

Well the thing is, the tier of MFTL+ goes from 1000c to any real number. If you're debating Goku you can bring up the multiplier speed stuff, but on the profile there's no real way to account for any multiplier increases outside of a blog post or something.

I think the OP wants more clarification about their speeds or something.

Hello, I am the person who made this. I will give some clarification here for why I made this thread. You see for the past couple weeks since goku got the speed calc, of course there were going to be new debates about him on where you post the polls about it. And as I got into those debates there were people saying stuff like "Goku's maximum was 197 Quadrillion". Obviously I disagreed and I stated my points on how he can increase his speed but for some reason people were saying that the multipliers don't work that way. After doing some more research on this wiki when it came to the concept of multipliers especially when it came to DB. I realized that I was still right and Goku's speed can still be quantified even without using SSJ Transformation when doing the Kaioken. I made my post yesterday about the same thing I was talking about on this thread. And then a person with a kermit profile picture named Ned The Outer God who I think is like a moderator or something was saying that "We don't accept DB multipliers". I then went on to say that something along the lines of while yes the SSJ transformation is very debatable and if the wiki doesn't accept it I can understand why, but the Kaioken is different as it is consistent that it is a multiplier and the principle is still the same in Super" He then went on to say that "we still don't accept it period" And I was trying to explain how we can accept it with the point's I said above. He says that I should make a CRT because the type of post that I made wasn't for that particular area for VS Wiki, I even put my post as a "off-topic" post but regardless he closed my post for any further comments. This is my first time making a thread so if I posted it on the wrong place, then I apologize. I'm just trying to explain why Goku's Maximum isn't at 197 quadrillion x FTL. I understand that we have a calc to measure his speed but we can't say that's his maximum since he has forms that can make him extremely faster even without the SSJ forms or UI.

Hello, I am the person who made this. I will give some clarification here for why I made this thread. You see for the past couple weeks since goku got the speed calc, of course there were going to be new debates about him on where you post the polls about it. And as I got into those debates there were people saying stuff like "Goku's maximum was 197 Quadrillion". Obviously I disagreed and I stated my points on how he can increase his speed but for some reason people were saying that the multipliers don't work that way. After doing some more research on this wiki when it came to the concept of multipliers especially when it came to DB. I realized that I was still right and Goku's speed can still be quantified even without using SSJ Transformation when doing the Kaioken. I made my post yesterday about the same thing I was talking about on this thread. And then a person with a kermit profile picture named Ned The Outer God who I think is like a moderator or something was saying that "We don't accept DB multipliers". I then went on to say that something along the lines of while yes the SSJ transformation is very debatable and if the wiki doesn't accept it I can understand why, but the Kaioken is different as it is consistent that it is a multiplier and the principle is still the same in Super" He then went on to say that "we still don't accept it period" And I was trying to explain how we can accept it with the point's I said above. He says that I should make a CRT because the type of post that I made wasn't for that particular area for VS Wiki, I even put my post as a "off-topic" post but regardless he closed my post for any further comments. This is my first time making a thread so if I posted it on the wrong place, then I apologize. I'm just trying to explain why Goku's Maximum isn't at 197 quadrillion x FTL. I understand that we have a calc to measure his speed but we can't say that's his maximum since he has forms that can make him extremely faster even without the SSJ forms or UI.
who said on here that thats his max?

I get your points and I personally agree. His speed is not even at 1/10^6 when we limit it to barely 192 Quadrillion c. But not everyone likes Calc stacking. So we gotta respect that. He is reasonably much much faster.

Back