• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who needs Super Saiyans when could could have… BADASS PONIES?! (0/7/0)

Well it's strange because it's not actually a speed amp for vegeta, they just kind of able to move that fast and react to these kinds of movements. also for it to be invalid, a major part in one character winning must be their speed, but vegeta has many other advantages.
But I can see what you mean, so I'll just see what happens.
Dammit if only db characters finally get their true speeds.
I don't think blitzing counts as standard speed. You're briefly going far faster than you normally would to blitz someone. it's not exactly a conventional a speed amp or anything, but it's definitely faster than standard combat or movement speed. Especially if the blitz lets you go faster than comparable characters.

Last edited:
I personally think a thread should be made for this type of thing. I see it pop up often. Like, would an attack or movement (Like Sonic's Spin Dash) that randomly goes faster for no reason count as a speed amp or standard speed and get equalized? Do characters that move faster than comparable characters still get equalized?

Imo, either they're standard and get equalized or they're an unconventional speed amp and become subject to our speed amp rules. I think it's a bit ill-defined. All I'm saying is it should probably be accounted for in some way.

Last edited:
it would be a speed amp if it has moved faster or when performing the attack or movement the speed increased for a short burst.

Also Blitzing is basically moving so ridiculously fast all the time that the target cannot do anything at all to attack or win anymore. attack with a short burst of speed isn't blitzing in Vsbattle jargon term (Technically it is blitzing though)

anyway Vegeta FRA

I would still like to discuss whether or not speed blitzing is just a non-standard speed amp, but right now, how often is it done? At the start of battle or something? Occasionally doing it in between combat? Most of combat?

Would Vegeta be using for every attack or something? I need to know how much he'll be spamming it. If he just spams it, Tempest doesn't really stand any chance, but if he lets up even once, she'll either shield or try and halt him with tk. They really only need to think to do it.

Last edited:
Would Vegeta be using for every attack or something? I need to know how much he'll be spamming it. If he just spams it, Tempest doesn't really stand any chance, but if he lets up even once, she'll either shield or try and slow him with tk. They really only need to think to do it.
Oh no he doesn't spam it, but that's the thing though, Vegeta can predict her moves and knows exactly when she will start a dangerous attack. Take Goku for example who can read your intentions to know exactly when you will attack as warly as the android saga, and vegeta is considered a genius to him. Vegeta can basically read all her moves and know when to snap vanish. And btw do note that he can spam that. And she'll also use tk late in the match given as she never used it in combat.

Oh no he doesn't spam it, but that's the thing though, Vegeta can predict her moves and knows exactly when she will start a dangerous attack. Vegeta can basically read all her moves and know when to snap vanish.
For basic blasts and kicking orbs sure, but not telekinesis. That can be cast from anywhere within its range and via thought, which makes predicting it specifically that much harder.
Take Goku for example who can read your intentions to know exactly when you will attack as warly as the android saga.
My time is being taken up with other stuff, so I don't really feel like looking up the chapter for confirmation. Exactly what happened here?
And she'll also use tk late in the match given as she never used it in combat.
She will use it as soon as she realizes that blasting and orbs will not work. Because unless she has something wrong with her brain as well as her horn, she won't keep doing the same tried and failed tactics over and over.

I think I need to clarify something. She's been in two fights the whole series. Both of those fights were over very, very quickly and in her favor. A borderline stomp for her. She was not being blitzed a great deal, or at all. She was not dealing with an opponent that would dodge her every move. One was against the princesses who practically sat and let her hit them. And the other was a fodder anthropomorphic-ish fish that also ended in seconds.

You say "never used it", but then, why would she? The princesses gave her absolutely no cause or reason for it. And the fish? Same deal. Both fights were over in very short order. You really can't say "She never used it, therefore she won't use it until later" when the only two fights she's been in never called for it.

She's going to learn very quickly with Vegeta that simple blasting and bomb kicking won't get her anywhere unless she tries something else, and she only has two "something else's". She'd have to be a literal moron not to. She'll use it when Vegeta starts pressuring her or causes her to waste her equipment and thus options. Both of which, I do not see happening slowly.

For basic blasts and kicking orbs sure, but not telekinesis. That can be cast from anywhere within its range and via thought, which makes predicting it specifically that much harder.

My time is being taken up with other stuff, so I don't really feel like looking up the chapter for confirmation. Exactly what happened here?

She will use it as soon as she realizes that blasting and orbs will not work. Because unless she has something wrong with her brain as well as her horn, she won't keep doing the same tried and failed tactics over and over.

I think I need to clarify something. She's been in two fights the whole series. Both of those fights were over very, very quickly and in her favor. A borderline stomp for her. She was not being blitzed a great deal, or at all. She was not dealing with an opponent that would dodge her every move. One was against the princesses who practically sat and let her hit them. And the other was a fodder anthropomorphic-ish fish that also ended in seconds.

You say "never used it", but then, why would she? The princesses gave her absolutely no cause or reason for it. And the fish? Same deal. Both fights were over in very short order. You really can't say "She never used it, therefore she won't use it until later" when the only two fights she's been in never called for it.

She's going to learn very quickly with Vegeta that simple blasting and bomb kicking won't get her anywhere unless she tries something else, and she only has two "something else's". She'd have to be a literal moron not to. She'll use it when Vegeta starts pressuring her or causes her to waste her equipment and thus options. Both of which, I do not see happening slowly.
Here's the intent sensing.
Basically you read ki, and are able to know your opponent is about to attack from their intentions. Vegeta can also read her movements and learn her fighting style by just watching her move for a bit, he has more skill and bis intuition is more powerful than people who can do that. And he also his own prediction from the pervious. And can keep up with people who predict his moves and moves ahead of them. Look at Goku for example who reacted to and dodged freeza's GLARE from a far distance. That's basically reacting to thought based movement. Basically by the time she realizes TK is her only chance, vegeta would ready have the advantage.

He sensed Trunk's killing intent with his blade. I'm really not sure if it can applied the same thing to telekinesis.
Basically you read ki, and are able to know your opponent is about to attack from their intentions. Vegeta can also read her movements and learn her fighting style by just watching her move for a bit, he has more skill and bis intuition is more powerful than people who can do that.
That's useful for predicting physical attacks sure, but lighting up a horn could mean basically anything. It doesn't have any unique tells or muscle twitches to tell what happens next. Could be a beam, could be telekinesis. Could be any type of spell.
And can keep up with people who predict his moves and moves ahead of them. Look at Goku for example who reacted to and dodged freeza's GLARE from a far distance. That's basically reacting to thought based movement. Basically by the time she realizes TK is her only chance, vegeta would ready have the advantage.
And yet there are other instances where he fails to react/predict "thought-based stuff". Frieza was only several meters away at best when he used the glare, on top of being given a warning by Frieza prior. That's not remotely the same as predicting literal thought-based moves.

Last edited:
He sensed Trunk's killing intent with his blade. I'm really not sure if it can applied the same thing to telekinesis.

That's useful for predicting physical attacks sure, but lighting up a horn could mean basically anything. It doesn't have any unique tells or muscle twitches to tell what happens next. Could be a beam, could be telekinesis. Could be any type of spell.

And yet there are other instances where he fails to react/predict "thought-based stuff". Frieza was only several meters away at best when he used the glare, on top of being given a warning by Frieza prior. That's not remotely the same as predicting literal thought-based moves.
He predicted he was about to attack by reading his intention, vegeta can know she is about to attack before she ever actually uses her move.
Vegeta can analyze her thought process and fighting style. So he'd be able to anticipate and reaxt to her moves before she uses them.
Most fighters the z team fights also have the same abilities as them and some guys can mask their moves and are harder to predict, it's just the skill ceiling getting higher.
In that case, Goku only reacted after freeza started his attack which was nigh instant but he still anticipated it. Also he was pretty far away, at least 10m, he looks small compared to freeza.

He predicted he was about to attack by reading his intention,
Yes, by reading his ki. He read Trunk's ki to read his intention. He says as much in the scan.
Vegeta can analyze her thought process and fighting style. So he'd be able to anticipate and reaxt to her moves before she uses them.
Yeah, no, energy blasts? Sure, telekinesis? No, I'm going to want to see citations for him predicting someone's thought process. That is way more advanced than simple move reading and fighting style understanding.
Most fighters the z team fights also have the same abilities as them and some guys can mask their moves and are harder to predict, it's just the skill ceiling getting higher.
In that case, Goku only reacted after freeza started his attack which was nigh instant but he still anticipated it. Also he was pretty far away, at least 10m, he looks small compared to freeza.
Yeah, because he again, was warned. I would like to see him try that if Frieza didn't give him a tell, plus he's not that small, only looks that way because Frieza is in the foreground.

Can someone here fetch me some telekinesis scans and how she uses it in battle, no offense but the one in the profile looks pretty useless

The current one is just used as proof she can use it in the first place. We've only seen Tempest in two fights, so her use is hard to say. Typically it's used to restrain or pull to the caster when used in combat.

Yes, by reading his ki. He read Trunk's ki to read his intention. He says as much in the scan.

Yeah, no, energy blasts? Sure, telekinesis? No, I'm going to want to see citations for him predicting someone's thought process. That is way more advanced than simple move reading and fighting style understanding.

Yeah, because he again, was warned. I would like to see him try that if Frieza didn't give him a tell, plus he's not that small, only looks that way because Frieza is in the foreground.
I don't see your point. Vegeta is constantly sensing her ki, the moment he senses she's about to attack, he can react appropriately and interrupt.
Maybe thought process was a little hyperbolic, he can't actually read minds, however, his anticipation is on the level of who can predict where afterimages will appear and when someone will attack, and couple that with the intent sensing and reading a fighting style, and essentially he can predict how someone will fight. Goku actually did this with tao. He also predicted that yamcha learned and was about to use a kamehameha despite not seeing him for 3 years and with no clue that he did learn it. This is also when he deduced that tien was comparable to roshi by seeing him fight very briefly. So it does show that Goku was actively analyzing everyone around him. And Goku basically stated that vegeta surpassed him in every way even in the saiyan saga.
You say he warned him, but Goku would have had no way of knowing what freeza was about to do from that statement, yet he was still able to move the exact instant freeza glared, keep in mind that the glare technique is thought based and spawns instantly.

The current one is just used as proof she can use it in the first place. We've only seen Tempest in two fights, so her use is hard to say. Typically it's used to restrain or pull to the caster when used in combat.
Damn, no luck. Was thinking if with sufficient feats on that I could use to gauge how much of the skill gap could be dealt with 😣

I think considering Vegeta reads his opponents ki he should be able to anticipate tk. Which leads to the question: In MLP, is telekinesis object focused or point focused? Like, would I go "I want to move that box" and I'll move that box as long as it's within range, or would I go "I want to move that thing 5 feet away from me" and I'll move whatever thing is 5 feet from me? This is important because if the telekinesis is point focused Vegeta could dodge it with anticipation.

I think considering Vegeta reads his opponents ki he should be able to anticipate tk. Which leads to the question: In MLP, is telekinesis object focused or point focused? Like, would I go "I want to move that box" and I'll move that box as long as it's within range, or would I go "I want to move that thing 5 feet away from me" and I'll move whatever thing is 5 feet from me? This is important because if the telekinesis is point focused Vegeta could dodge it with anticipation.
Based on your description I want to call it to object focus. Does thinking and surrounding the desired object in a magical aura affect what type it is?

It just spawns.

And since the thought just came to me: What the heck is a snap vanish? I keep seeing it mentioned. Is that supposed to be another name for high-speed movement or a separate technique? I mean, I'm told to think of blitzing like snap vanishing, which implies seperation.

Last edited:
It just spawns.

And since the thought just came to me: What the heck is a snap vanish? I keep seeing it mentioned. Is that supposed to be another name for high-speed movement or a separate technique? I mean, I'm told to think of blitzing like snap vanishing, which implies seperation.
Bro it's the technique I linked you, I just call it that because that's it's name in xenoverse.
Also I actually had a thought as well, even if vegeta gets tagged by tk, he can still fight because he can shoot ki blasts without moving his body. So maybe if he hits her hard enough, he can break out of it.

Also I actually had a thought as well, even if vegeta gets tagged by tk, he can still fight because he can shoot ki blasts without moving his body. So maybe if he hits her hard enough, he can break out of it.
The ki blast would have to overpower the telekinetic force iirc, which should be in the stellar tier through scaling. For now though, the tk only scales to class m or g.

Back