• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"You're at the top of my naughty list!" II (Vegeta Vs. Santa Claus REMATCH) 0 - 0 - 0

Someone check my math really quick, I'm getting 978.945045777 Tenatons is equal to 4.0959061 x 10^42 Joules (Because we did PAD stats in Joules and not Tons of TNT)

Santa with his Snowglobe scales to (technically >>) 3.894012 x 10^44 Joules

So that's about a 95x difference if I'm correct and I need to change the OP to make this fight work. And if I'm wrong you can just make fun of my inability to do math correctly.

I didn't realize we ever had a prefix change. I was using some of the outdated links to energy charts then.

So this is the more updated one?

If that's the case, a Quettaton is 4.184*10^39 Joules, so my math for 978.945045777 Quettatons should be correct. Meaning this is an AP stomp and I need to rework the OP to make this fairer.

I didn't realize we ever had a prefix change. I was using some of the outdated links to energy charts then.

So this is the more updated one?

If that's the case, a Quettaton is 4.184*10^39 Joules, so my math for 978.945045777 Quettatons should be correct. Meaning this is an AP stomp and I need to rework the OP to make this fairer.
If I'm understanding right:

978.945045777 Tenatons, AKA Quettatons = 4.09590607153×10^42 J (joules)
Is that a correct conversion?

& if it is correct, does it change anything, @XitSign ?

If I'm understanding right:

978.945045777 Tenatons, AKA Quettatons = 4.09590607153×10^42 J (joules)

Is that a correct conversion?

& if it is correct, does it change anything, @XitSign ?
Judging by the thread, yes, they are correct. It looks like Tenatons are indeed Quettatons

So Santa's 3.894012 x 10^44 Joules is a HEFTY AP stomp.

Restricting Santa's Snowglobe would bring him down to 6.49002 x 10^43 Joules, which is a 15.8x AP advantage for Santa, still too strong. We need a stronger version of Vegeta, base and Super Saiyan for the Buu Saga are still Large Star, so gotta check what they scale to on the blog to maybe work out a fair MU

UPDATE: I think going off of the Blog, Vegeta's Super Saiyan during the Buu Saga ballparks 2 FOE? So I think we can work with that if I'm correct.

What would need clarified is if he upscales, downscales, or if I'm completely off my mark.

Okay battle conditions have been updated.

Vegeta is now a Buu Saga Super Saiyan with Super Saiyan 2 restricted because it would auto AP stomp.

Going from the blog, I believe this makes him in the ballpark of > 2.04797040882 Foe

Meanwhile Santa would scale to >> 3.894012 FOE

So Santa has ~>1.9x AP advantage, and the fight is no longer an AP stomp.

This is also a bump

They tend to fight with energy blasts a lot, especially characters who don't have weapons to swing around. Since Santa's limited on gear, he'd likely do the same.

They also make use of the Orbs around them for combo-ing, so using their Damage Boosting is fairly in-character, and mixes in making forcefields to block damage and heal himself.

As for the rest of the ability list, Santa makes use of pretty much all of it in his boss fights, so he will mix in trying to blind Vegeta, put him to sleep, power null certain abilities (unsure what Santa can realistically null, however), and go for the durability negating attacks. The bosses tend to suffer a bit of PIS though, they won't spam or abuse their more advantageous abilities, they'll just randomly throw them in from time to time.

Santa can also use his Snowglobe's abilities, however it doesn't have any interesting or crazy hax, it will just increase the power of the Orbs Santa is using, so just more consistent Damage Boosting and nothing else.

As for Vegeta...I think how Vegeta fights is more well known in general.

They tend to fight with energy blasts a lot, especially characters who don't have weapons to swing around. Since Santa's limited on gear, he'd likely do the same.

They also make use of the Orbs around them for combo-ing, so using their Damage Boosting is fairly in-character, and mixes in making forcefields to block damage and heal himself.

As for the rest of the ability list, Santa makes use of pretty much all of it in his boss fights, so he will mix in trying to blind Vegeta, put him to sleep, power null certain abilities (unsure what Santa can realistically null, however), and go for the durability negating attacks. The bosses tend to suffer a bit of PIS though, they won't spam or abuse their more advantageous abilities, they'll just randomly throw them in from time to time.

Santa can also use his Snowglobe's abilities, however it doesn't have any interesting or crazy hax, it will just increase the power of the Orbs Santa is using, so just more consistent Damage Boosting and nothing else.

so ig he Stat amps himself and tries to get him in a position to combo Vegeta right?

so ig he Stat amps himself and tries to get him in a position to combo Vegeta right?
More or less, that's how most PAD characters fight, yes. PAD characters like using their Orbs and getting their Damage Boost off over anything else, but will mix in the rest of the moveset.

How do orbs work? I've seen it mentioned on profiles that there's orbs in the atmosphere, & from what I remember, PAD is 1 of those disingenously-called "Puzzle" games where the puzzle is more like "Match 3 & hope for good RNG", with the orbs being the tiles to match in that, no?

Interesting. Thanks. Pondering if I should peruse his profile, but part of me says I should defer to your expertise here.
I will say that when Vegeta gets desperate, isn't it either Big Bang Attack &/or spam energy blasts?

How do orbs work? I've seen it mentioned on profiles that there's orbs in the atmosphere, & from what I remember, PAD is 1 of those disingenously-called "Puzzle" games where the puzzle is more like "Match 3 & hope for good RNG", with the orbs being the tiles to match in that, no?
Yes, and that translates over to the general 'lore' too. There's orbs in the air everywhere that radiate out of the planet, and PAD characters actually do make match-3 puzzle combos to unlock their power.

...The PAD story-mode and anime are weird. They basically decided nothing was "game mechanics" and everything was literal in this universe.

Characters don't need Orbs to use physical attacks, special skills (unless the skill has a special Orb requirement), or shoot normal energy attacks/breaths (Santa doesn't have any 'breath attacks' don't worry), but using the Orbs gives their normal attacks more power, and using more than 3 Orbs at a time or making 'combos' where they match multiples at a time trigger in-universe Damage Boosts.

So PAD character fight like normal characters would, but they have the option to manipulate the energy around them to make matches to give themselves advantages in fights, basically the same way you do as the player of the match-3 segments.
Interesting. Thanks. Pondering if I should peruse his profile, but part of me says I should defer to your expertise here.
At the very least, it's probably good for getting an idea of the abilities he has at his disposal. Some of them are probably pretty useful, like being able to force opponents to sleep, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure Vegeta's ki sense totally counters Santa's ability to blind people or put up smokescreens, so those abilities are useless ehre.
I will say that when Vegeta gets desperate, isn't it either Big Bang Attack &/or spam energy blasts?
Or just generally angry, he seems to do that a lot too, yes.

Yes, and that translates over to the general 'lore' too. There's orbs in the air everywhere that radiate out of the planet, and PAD characters actually do make match-3 puzzle combos to unlock their power.

...The PAD story-mode and anime are weird. They basically decided nothing was "game mechanics" and everything was literal in this universe.

Characters don't need Orbs to use physical attacks, special skills (unless the skill has a special Orb requirement), or shoot normal energy attacks/breaths (Santa doesn't have any 'breath attacks' don't worry), but using the Orbs gives their normal attacks more power, and using more than 3 Orbs at a time or making 'combos' where they match multiples at a time trigger in-universe Damage Boosts.

So PAD character fight like normal characters would, but they have the option to manipulate the energy around them to make matches to give themselves advantages in fights, basically the same way you do as the player of the match-3 segments.
So energy is represented by like, orb grids? Or you'd see trees full of wood orbs & the sky full of air orbs or scattered about them? Air & water in the clouds?
This is very appreciatively clarifying.
However, I also feel like scans of how orbs appear in the environment would help me understand this, if that's not too much trouble.

So energy is represented by like, orb grids? Or you'd see trees full of wood orbs & the sky full of air orbs or scattered about them? Air & water in the clouds?
This is very appreciatively clarifying.
However, I also feel like scans of how orbs appear in the environment would help me understand this, if that's not too much trouble.
Yes but they're not actually grids in-lore, the energy disperses out everywhere and isn't so actually ridged. Certain areas will have more Orbs based on the natural environment though, for example a fight in PADX took place in a forest with a river and mostly had Wood and Water Orbs, with all the other Orbs mixed in.

Unfortunately, PADX is one of the best places for scans is notoriously painful to stream because all of the hosting sites for it can be..finicky. Unfortunately this CRT, where most of the abilities were accepted, somehow doesn't seem to have a single screenshot of the Orbs actually floating around...That's really annoying that I somehow managed to not get a single one.

I'll see if I can get some anime clips to fix that. In the meantime here's some clips from PADZ where you can see the Orbs are actually floating in a bit of a more 'freeform' way, and aren't locked to actual grids.

UPDATE:

Found a few clips on Youtube thankfully.

Here Ace is seeing the outline of Orbs in the air as his Enhanced Senses are starting to be developed

An 'impact' location that's just spewing all the elements out at once

Lance pulls Water Orbs from the ground nearby because his entire team uses them and he needs more

All of this is just episode 1, but I hope it clears it up better:

Orbs are everywhere, they float around with no rhyme or reason and just flow through the air like freeform energy, and the environment gives off all types but certain locations will have more than others and characters focusing hard enough can draw out the specific types that they need.

Back