• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell Games/Buu Saga Scaling Chain Upgrade

How close does a value need to be to upscale? Because SSJ Gohan's 20.479099494 Foe is 1.11186529x from baseline 4-B.

If SSJ Gohans value is from a multiplier then I don't think we should be upscaling him.

What about Cell and Dabura, then, considering they are able of effortlessly exchanging blows with Gohan while holding back?

If SSJ Gohans value is from a multiplier then I don't think we should be upscaling him.
He's already leagues above the first value tho
Since it comes from Piccolo, who's "dimensions apart" from the Supreme Kai, and Gohan has quite some upscaling from the Supreme Kai

Given we accepted the Ultra Super Saiyan multiplier as have 10x more raw power than regular SSJ with SSJ2 being much higher even with just half as much. I think 1000x is a fair lowball for a SSJ2 multiplier for AP, but I'm of course for reasons mentioned iffy about treating the speed multiplier as anything higher than 50x though it should still be higher than regular SSJ. And of course, I'm more so only okay with using the numerals for tier jumping upgrades, not a big fan of doing the opposite or downscaling.

And yeah, Cell's "Ultra form" is more so similar to going from Grade 2 SSJ to Grade 3 SSJ in which it's a 10x AP multiplier but actually a reduction in speed. And implied it could turn the tables against Grade 3 Trunks.

But I might need a refreshed memory the steps for how Cell saga Goku or in turn base Teen Gohan compares to Piccolo or Shin. I know I heard the latter is stronger in base, but Goku is being used as even half his strength is above everyone else save Gohan's?

But I might need a refreshed memory the steps for how Cell saga Goku or in turn base Teen Gohan compares to Piccolo or Shin.
Goku does not.
Gohan, whose strength stagnated between the Cell Games and the Majin Buu Conflict, Buu Saga Goku, and Buu Saga Vegeta all upscale from the Supreme Kai.
I know I heard the latter is stronger in base, but Goku is being used as even half his strength is above everyone else save Gohan's?
His chain is separate from the main one, because I have no idea where to put him.

But I might need a refreshed memory the steps for how Cell saga Goku or in turn base Teen Gohan compares to Piccolo or Shin. I know I heard the latter is stronger in base, but Goku is being used as even half his strength is above everyone else save Gohan's?
Base Buu Saga Gohan, who is =< his Cell Saga self, is above Shin, as are Base Goku and Vegeta like Nullflower said.

To quote Nullflower's other thread:

Goku does not.
Gohan, whose strength stagnated between the Cell Games and the Majin Buu Conflict, Buu Saga Goku, and Buu Saga Vegeta all upscale from the Supreme Kai.
Why? Gohan's profile doesn't currently have a justification for his base form.

EDIT: never mind. Eseseso posted why.

Why? Gohan's profile doesn't currently have a justification for his base form.

EDIT: never mind. Eseseso posted why.
I just took it from Null's other thread.

But yeah, it's obvious that all of pre-Kai training Gohan's forms are below their Cell Saga selves.

SSJ2 Buu Saga Gohan < SSJ2 Teen Gohan by a significant margin
The difference is never presented as significant, but Goku and Vegeta remark that Gohan was "better" in his youth, with Gohan confirming that he lacked the anger to draw out its full power. But that does not affect the scaling chain.
I just took it from Null's other thread.
I never got around to applying it.

Piccolo ~ Cell Juniors >~ V. Trunks Cell ~ Super Trunks

I will admit that I do find this to be a bit sketchy.

That Cell that fought Super Trunks is being directly compared to Super Trunks for "hurting him" but it's clear that Trunks is allowing Cell to hit him and lead him away from the unconscious Vegeta. Cell also admits that Super Trunks power is greater than his by a wide margin (with Piccolo further backing up that statement).

After being in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and growing stronger, Piccolo himself admits that he can't do much against Cell. The only Cell he'd be able to reference being the version that fought Super Trunks.

When the canditate for Goku's successor comes up in the battle against Cell, Cell mentions Vegeta and Trunks but not Piccolo, suggesting Piccolo isn't comparable to them (and by extension, the Cell Jrs.).

In the original manga it is mentioned that only Trunks and Vegeta are able to hold their own against the Cell Jrs. No mention to Piccolo. Even if Piccolo was able to stay up on his feet against them, that doesn't prove he can hurt them and the Cell Jrs. could stomp the likes of Yamcha, Tien and Krillin without those three being anywhere near as powerful as the Cell Jrs. and still leave the three of them aive.

So, to be clear, I think that that version of Cell that fought Trunks shouldn't be directly scaled to him. And Piccolo has two or three points that suggest against scaling him directly to the Cells Jrs. / the version of Cell that Trunks fought.

@DarkDragonMedeus Do you think these are fair points?

That Cell that fought Super Trunks is being directly compared to Super Trunks for "hurting him" but it's clear that Trunks is allowing Cell to hit him and lead him away from the unconscious Vegeta. Cell also admits that Super Trunks power is greater than his by a wide margin (with Piccolo further backing up that statement).

After being in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and growing stronger, Piccolo himself admits that he can't do much against Cell. The only Cell he'd be able to reference being the version that fought Super Trunks.

When the canditate for Goku's successor comes up in the battle against Cell, Cell mentions Vegeta and Trunks but not Piccolo, suggesting Piccolo isn't comparable to them (and by extension, the Cell Jrs.).

In the original manga it is mentioned that only Trunks and Vegeta are able to hold their own against the Cell Jrs. No mention to Piccolo. Even if Piccolo was able to stay up on his feet against them, that doesn't prove he can hurt them and the Cell Jrs. could stomp the likes of Yamcha, Tien and Krillin without those three being anywhere near as powerful as the Cell Jrs. and still leave the three of them aive.

So, to be clear, I think that that version of Cell that fought Trunks shouldn't be directly scaled to him. And Piccolo has two or three points that suggest against scaling him directly to the Cells Jrs. / the version of Cell that Trunks fought.

Some mostly, but Piccolo has at least been compared to the SSJ Vegeta who fought Semi-Perfect Cell at least. He isn't quite the level of Trunks or Vegeta and certainly not Goku's level, but he's not overwhelmingly below them as Trunks seemed impressed by his growth in the RoSaT.

I mean right now we scale him to his durability which states that he was the only one besides Vegeta and Trunks who could take hits from the Cell Jrs.

Chapter: 407 (DBZ 213), P5.3
Context: as the Cell Juniors beat everyone up
Cell (to Gohan): “If you don’t show your true worth soon, things will go past the point of no return. Look closely. Vegeta or Trunks are barely fighting evenly…Even Son Goku is in trouble, having lost his stamina…”
Note: Cell says that “Vegeta ya Trunks” are fighting evenly; ya is a non-exhaustive word for ‘and’, meaning the things listed aren’t necessarily the only things there are to list. In other words, Cell’s line doesn’t necessarily mean that nobody but Trunks or Vegeta are fighting evenly, just that they’re the first examples to come to mind.
Even if Piccolo was able to stay up on his feet against them, that doesn't prove he can hurt them and the Cell Jrs. could stomp the likes of Yamcha, Tien and Krillin without those three being anywhere near as powerful as the Cell Jrs. and still leave the three of them aive.
Piccolo is shown defending against a Cell Junior in the panel where Cell mentions Vegeta and Trunks, and is shown in a similar condition to the two by the time Gohan transformed.
This was after Korin revealed he had a "sense" of Cell's true power and confirmed to Goku that Cell was stronger, even after his training. Goku was likely comparing Piccolo to the estimation that Korin provided.

This was after Korin revealed he had a "sense" of Cell's true power and confirmed to Goku that Cell was stronger, even after his training. Goku was likely comparing Piccolo to the estimation that Korin provided.
The statement came from Piccolo before Goku.

And I still think that there's not enough to say that Piccolo >~ Super Trunks which is what the current scaling chain suggests. I still think my point about Cell compared to Super Trunks is a valid issue.

Back