• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell Games/Buu Saga Scaling Chain Upgrade

i mean, if he was trying to lead cell away, couldn't he just be pretending to lead cell away?
Burden of proof.
Trunks was enduring Cell's attacks to keep Cell occupied as Krillin rescued Vegeta, deliberately allowing himself to be moved around the battlefield to create distance, but nothing implies that Trunks was faking taking damage.
Besides, I'm not sure how he'd fake that expression. I'm also not really sure why he'd think that faking to be injured would lure Cell away from Vegeta.

Burden of proof.
i mean, the entire context of that scene is trunks wanting cell to get away from vegeta, so that with cell admiting that trunks is stronger than him by a big margin would make that not a very far fetched thing to assume

Trunks was enduring Cell's attacks to keep Cell occupied as Krillin rescued Vegeta, deliberately allowing himself to be moved around the battlefield to create distance, but nothing implies that Trunks was faking taking damage.
i think you just said exactly what i said but with a different wording

Besides, I'm not sure how he'd fake that expression. I'm also not really sure why he'd think that faking to be injured would lure Cell away from Vegeta.
well, people can fake a variety of expressions, besides, it could be that he is lowering his power enough for cell to damage him, like, cell being relative to trunks would contradict what he said after about trunks being >>> himself, trunks was letting himself get attack and trow back so that cell would follow him, cell just got into his perfect form and deliberately took vegeta's final flash just to test himself, so with trunks having a new form engadging with him would be also a perfect test for his newly acquired power, so faking being on his level would intrigue cell and attract him

Trunks faking feeling pain seems way too assumptive to be considered (and so does him lowering his power to intentionally feel pain). Like honestly the justification for it is way more assumptive than just saying "He was luring cell away and got hit real hard by cell while doing so" which is least assumptive explanation you can get from the scene.

Last edited:
Trunks faking feeling pain seems way too assumptive to be considered (and so does him lowering his power to intentionally feel pain). Like honestly the justification for it is way more assumptive than just saying "He was luring cell away and got hit real hard by cell while doing so" which is least assumptive explanation you can get from the scene.
I mean, how would that make sense with cell saying that trunks is marginally stronger than him?

I mean, how would that make sense with cell saying that trunks is marginally stronger than him?
It's either inconsistent or Cell scales to a degree. Like here Cell pretty much just decked him. Trunks would literally have no reason to lower his power if Cell already knew he was marginally stronger.

Again,
Super Trunks after powering up > Cell, but Super Trunks before powering up is 10x SSJ Trunks nevertheless.

So is incredulity the only reason it got rejected? Seems to be a common trend amongst rejected dragon ball stuff.
I wasn't being literal. It was rejected for the logic behind it not making sense, the statement potentially being speculation, and new scaling that placed Shin below base Saiyans.

There's nothing wrong with claiming that Goku and Shin are comparable in strength, but claiming (at least going by my translations, other people's translations, and what the DB wikia says) that Shin is as strong as Goku because Dabura is as strong as Cell and Shin took preparations against Dabura is like claiming that Nameka Saga Vegeta is as strong as Namek Saga Goku because they were both increasing their strength to fight Frieza.

Last edited:
I mean Trunks scales to above 9789 quettatons, so Perfect Cell could still scale to the value itself

Shouldn't Supreme Kai scale to Cell Games MSSJ Goku? El Manga Legendario says this

"Despite hiding his strength when they first met, Goku suspected that he was not someone ordinary. Although he has some unusual abilities, he doesn't seem like he outmatches Super Saiyans in combat strength. Judging by the precautions he takes with Dabura, similar in level to Cell, it can be deduced that he has the same strength as Goku during the Cell Game. Later on, his power increases by fusing with Kibito, but even then he couldn't fight Buu with guarantees."

Here

Shouldn't Supreme Kai scale to Cell Games MSSJ Goku? El Manga Legendario says this

"Despite hiding his strength when they first met, Goku suspected that he was not someone ordinary. Although he has some unusual abilities, he doesn't seem like he outmatches Super Saiyans in combat strength. Judging by the precautions he takes with Dabura, similar in level to Cell, it can be deduced that he has the same strength as Goku during the Cell Game. Later on, his power increases by fusing with Kibito, but even then he couldn't fight Buu with guarantees."

Here
That seems pretty speculative / unconfirmed.

Does Goten and Trunks also get the 50x post rosat amp? Piccolo was showing as stronger when they defused inside Buu, and daizenshuu says that Goten's power was not that far behind Gohan in the start of the saga. After the rosat amp he would be comparable to ssj Gohan in the Cell games.

No, not possibly.

Piccolo is weaker than Supreme Kai, and Supreme Kai is weaker than Gohan. Piccolo cannot be stronger than Super Saiyan Gohan. The only way this scaling could work would be if SSJ Goten and Trunks were weaker than Gohan.
It's possible because Gohan trained before the tournament, so his base form at the tournament is stronger than the base form from the start of the saga, which is equal to the base from the Cell Games. So Gohan can still be stronger than Piccolo

Tenkaichi Budokai Gohan > Kaioshin > Piccolo > Cell Games Gohan

It's possible because Gohan trained before the tournament, so his base form at the tournament is stronger than the base form from the start of the saga, which is equal to the base from the Cell Games. So Gohan can still be stronger than Piccolo

There's still that guidebook that claims Shin is as strong as Cell Games Goku though.

Tournament Gohan > Supreme Kai > Piccolo > Cell Games SSJ Gohan?

I mean, Cell Games Goku << Cell Games Gohan, so Cell Games SSJ Goku = Shin < Base Gohan?
Which would be completely contradicted by Gohan being weaker than he was during the Cell Games.

Which would be completely contradicted by Gohan being weaker than he was during the Cell Games.
Not really, SSJ Cell Games Goku < Shin < Base Buu Saga Gohan =< Base Cell Games Gohan < SSJ Cell Games Gohan

And now I realize this is a dumb idea.

Vegeta commented that Gohan had grown "out of shape" by the time of the Majin Buu Conflict, but the only time Gohan is described as "weaker" is when he used Super Saiyan 2, which is attributed to his lack of mastery over the form, requiring his anger to unleash its full strength.

Yeah, the majority of those statements don't appear to exclusively apply to base Gohan.

Back