• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whitebeard War Saga Crocodile Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the war, Crocodile has consistently shown the capability to contend with high tier characters such as Akainu, Mihawk, Doflamingo, etc. He was clearly portrayed as being capable of at least fighting these guys for a couple min. So I believe that he should be upgraded to High 6-C or "at least High 6-C".

He freaking bisected Akainu, and Naruto is 5-C for bisecting Yhwach who has Moon level durability. So why shouldn't Crocodile be given the same treatment? When was Crocodile portrayed as being equal to Gear 2 Luffy? Luffy simply kicked him away (and freaking missed) and Crocodile took zero damage from that and didn't even look startled or surprised. He was simply confused about why Luffy was defending Whitebeard.

Crocodile didn't just fight a single High 6-C character, he fought several of them and barely took damage. He took a full on blow from Jozu and only bled a little. This is discrimination, and I demand an upgrade this instant.

The only reason he lost to Luffy back in Alabasta was cause of Luffy's plot armor as the MC. Obviously he would have to win to keep the plot going.

What the hell? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why the hell would that be PIS? Do you even know what PIS is? It's something that wouldn't really happen if it wasn't for the fact that the plot really needs it to keep moving forward. Why the hell would Oda need a "Crocodile vs Doflamingo" fight to keep the plot moving?

Crocodile tanking a hit from Jozu wasn't PIS now was it? Whitebeard getting stabbed by Squard was definitely PIS since they needed a way to weaken him, but the Jozu thing definitely wasn't PIS.

Crocodile should at the very least get "Possibly High 6-C" or something like that.

Are you... are you freaking kidding me right now? I already said that Luffy only won because he's the MC, so he has plot armor like every freaking MC of a shonen manga. Of course he had to win for the plot to move forward.

Okay, let's use Zoro as an example. Pre timeskip Zoro was Low 7-C. Then after two freaking years of training, Zoro became 7-C (Fishman Island Arc). Then after a couple weeks, he becomes 7-A. So Zoro increased in power MUCH more from the Fishman Island Arc to the Punk Hazard Arc, then he did during his two year training. Same applies from Croc, he just got stronger. Same with how Zoro magically because 7-C to 7-A in weeks if not days.

> Implying Crocodile cutting Akainu so Jinbe and Luffy can escape isn't PIS

I'm sorry, but Crocodile was beaten early in the story when he never showed feats beyond 8-A. He couldn't even fully control his own sand-storm. What makes you think he got MUCH stronger when he got put in prison? Or are you implying sitting in prison makes him stronger?

Yeah, Crocodile cutting Akainu was probably PIS. But what about the Doffy fight? What about the fact that he freaking tanked a blow from Jozu? Jozu is High 6-C. And when did Crocodile have trouble controlling his sand storm? Just curious.

Also, did you not read my comment? I said that Zoro has a similar situation but nobody questions it. Zoro went from Low 7-C to 7-C after two years of training with Mihawk, then after a couple weeks he goes from 7-C to 7-A. That makes no sense now does it? But everyone accepts it.

This seems fine to me. I seriously doubt that Crocodile fighting against Akainu is PIS. That would suggest it's inconsistent yet Crocodile has shown to be able to fight characters such as Akainu, Mihawk, Doflamingo and Diamond Juzo. A "Possibly High 6-C" is fine to give him. This isn't like Zoro taking hits from Fujitora. That's inconsistent, this isn't.

@Sky

Because you are saying sitting in prison is apparently the same as training intensely. And let's face it. The Marineford Saga is where Oda chucked in both new and old characters, so to make the old characters relevant of course he had to make some inconsistencies

@Byaku

Lol wut? I never said that Crocodile's situation is exactly the same as Zoro's. I'm just saying that these two situations are "similar". It makes no sense for Croc to go from 8-A to High 6-C by just sitting in prison, but it makes no sense for Zoro to go from 7-C to 7-A in a couple weeks, when he went from Low 7-C to merely 7-C after training for two freaking years with the world's strongest swordsman. That makes no sense whatsoever and yet it's accepted.

It'd be inconsistent if it only happened once. Then it'd be understandable, but as I said before Crocodile has shown consistent feats of fighting against the heavy hitters.

Skytheblue said:
@Byaku

Lol wut? I never said that Crocodile's situation is exactly the same as Zoro's. I'm just saying that these two situations are "similar". It makes no sense for Croc to go from 8-A to High 6-C by just sitting in prison, but it makes no sense for Zoro to go from 7-C to 7-A in a couple weeks, when he went from Low 7-C to merely 7-C after training for two freaking years with the world's strongest swordsman. That makes no sense whatsoever and yet it's accepted.

Zoro is only 7-C during Fishman Island was because he was heavily suppressed. There was no need to use any actual strength.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
It'd be inconsistent if it only happened once. Then it'd be understandable, but as I said before Crocodile has shown consistent feats of fighting against the heavy hitters.
Said consistent feats occurred within the same arc, so they don't hold that much weight. We need to understand that the Marineford Saga in general screws around a lot with scaling. I'm pretty certain Cin will explain it in better words

Some more evidence that Crocodile is on this level is when he talks about going back to the "Sweet Old New World". This implies that Crocodile has been to the New World several freaking times, and he sees it as just a fun little trip. Whereas Luffy (the dude who beat Croc) had to train for two years just to survive in the New World.

Also, why would Doffy want to team up with Crocodile if Crocodile is merely 8-A? What good would an 8-A character do for a High 6-C character? Are you gonna say that Doffy wanting to team up with Croc is also PIS?

"He freaking bisected Akainu, and Naruto is 5-C for bisecting Yhwach who has Moon level durability. So why shouldn't Crocodile be given the same treatment?"

Ichigo is Moon AP due to scaling to casual Yhwach.

THEN, Yhwach is Moon dura scaling to Ichigo's AP. Not the other way around. You are wrong here.

Why the **** did I write Naruto.

Anyways it says on Ichigo's profile that the reason why he's 5-C for AP is because he "bisected Yhwach on two different occasions". Those were the exact words used.

And according to Yhwach's profile, he has 5-C dura because of "powerscaling to Aizen".

I have no idea where you got your information.

"Naruto bisected Yhwach" k. and this thread has nothing to do with that.

Crocodile is considered an outlier during the war, and even if he wasn't, we already have his AP explain why he is "Unknown". He is capable of contending with low end tier 7 characters such as Luffy, and the Impel Down Minotaur, but it doesn't make sense for him to be a notable challenge for Doflamingo, Mihawk, and Akainu. He never EVER showed that he could harm any of them. Doflamingo was unscathed after their off-panel fight, we don't even know if Crocodile and Mihawk fought off-panel, and Akainu simply went into his logia form after being struck.

None of this suggests that Crocodile is even close to them in power, especially when 95% of this is off-panel.

CinCameron20 said:
Crocodile is considered an outlier during the war, and even if he wasn't, we already have his AP explain why he is "Unknown".
As a matter of fact, I don't really know why there's a need to have his AP be "Unknown". After his battle with Luffy he was imprisoned to Impel Down IIRC. It makes no sense for him to have become stronger while in there so him matching up to people like Akainu makes no sense.

Also taking Aizen as an example is really not a good thing. Him contending with Ichigo and Yhwach after being imprisoned is still the same situation. Why he was scaled to them is beyond me. But I digress.

Zoro went from Low 7-C to merely 7-C after TWO freaking years of training with Mihawk, then he went from 7-C to 7-A after only a couple weeks/days of training. That makes no sense. Someone explain

Crocodile and Doffy clashed against each other and although Doffy wasn't injured, Croc wasn't injured either. They were clearly portrayed as comparable to each other. And there's no way this is PIS either. And why the hell did Doffy want to team up with Crocodile if Croc is only 8-A? What good would that do for Doffy?

Croc also took blows from Jozu without too much damage. How the hell did an 8-A character take a hit from a High 6-C character without instantly dying?

You do realize it happens to a lot of shounens. Authors don't care about being consistent with feats. They can train for a hundred years and it wouldn't even matter if there is no feat to show for it. Same if they train for a day and have feats to scale.

Also, why is Aizen brought up here? Aizen actually got stated by Urahara to being stronger while being prisoned in the Muken.

Pretty sure Crocodile would use hax... You know intangibility and abilty drain all of water in ther body and similar.

"And why the hell did Doffy want to team up with Crocodile if Croc is only 8-A? What good would that do for Doffy?"

Not really an argument unless Doflamingo is a Vsbattles user. Also, Oda probably doesn't know how strong he made his characters.

"How the hell did an 8-A character take a hit from a High 6-C character without instantly dying?"

Hax. PIS. Oda. You choose.

He survived it cause Doflamingo didn't imbue his threads with haki and for so couldn't bypass Crocs intangibility.

Yeah but Crocodile clearly didn't use Haki either. And don't say he doesn't know how to use it when he's been to the New World multiple times (which you need to know how to use Haki in order to survive), has fought Whitebeard and Ivankov multiple times and has also demonstrated an advanced Devil Fruit Ability that only reason New World veterans have knowledge of: Awakening (when he turned the groud in Alabasta to sand).

KuuIchigo said:
"And why the hell did Doffy want to team up with Crocodile if Croc is only 8-A? What good would that do for Doffy?"

Not really an argument unless Doflamingo is a Vsbattles user. Also, Oda probably doesn't know how strong he made his characters.

"How the hell did an 8-A character take a hit from a High 6-C character without instantly dying?"

Hax. PIS. Oda. You choose.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It clearly wasn't ******* Hax, Crocodile doesn't have any notable one, and he sure as hell didn't ******* use it (wlbear in mind his Hax is just Absorbinf water from an opponent) to TANK a ******* blow from DIAMOND JOZU.

And is nobody going to adress the fact that Crocodile has been repeatedly stated to have fought WHITEBEARD multiple times???

Honestly that was the whole ******* reason he was made a Shichibukai AND why he was put in Level 6 of Impel Down.

It seems to me that PIS is repeatedly used to dismiss anything that someone doesn't agree with here.

I don't see how you can be 8-A and survive fights against Whitebeard. Come on guys...

'Cause clearly using profanity is going to make your case better. Is this what you do when you can't upgrade a character?

I just suggested the usual since I don't know much about OP.

Also, it's not me you need to convince, it's Cin.

Yeah, I agree Crocodile should be at least 6-C. Stated to have survived in the new world and fighting a couple of high tier during the war should be enough evidence for it.

KuuIchigo said:
'Cause clearly using profanity is going to make your case better. Is this what you do when you can't upgrade a character?
I just suggested the usual since I don't know much about OP.

Also, it's not me you need to convince, it's Cin.
I don't know why your taking the swearing personally. It's just my way of arguing, the swearing is a way of bringing the points to attention. I guess I'm sorry for offending you..

1) Crocodile's showings are heavily inconsistent w/ Impel down and the war. At one moment, Luffy kicks him aside, but Crocodile takes ONE... ONE hit from Jozu (And maybe Doflamingo off-panel). It's better to leave him unknown instead of placing him "At least Low 7-C" via scaling to Luffy when someone's going to make a thread to upgrade him anyways. Crocodile is staying Unknown. Are you all trying to suggest that Luffy be upgraded to tier 6 pre time-skip? Ridiculous.

2) This is pre time-skip, and no one had a clue how powerful Doflamingo and Jozu were as we do now. From what's being said here, I'm tempted to make all of the WB Commanders unknown, and give Doflamingo an extra key for Pre time-skip and list him as "Unknown", given that Doflamingo's stats come from feats during post time-skip, and not before.

3) Zoro was only 7-C because he scaled to a feat that Luffy applied (which is actually High 7-C). Sorry that Oda didn't throw up a bunch of tier 6 feats in the first post time-skip arc, but whatever. Cry. I even wanted to remove the Fishman Island key in general.

4) Doflamingo never showed any indication of trying to kill Crocodile, short and simple. He stopped Jozu from finishing Crocodile off, he cut Crocodile's logia body rather than using haki which we KNOW he can use, and he left their fight completely unscathed for an unknown reason due to it being off-panel.

5) Crocodile vs Whitebeard was never shown on-panel, and there is a 20+ year gap between that and Alabasta arc. For all we know, Crocodile was stomped hard.

Conclusion: Crocodile is staying Unknown.

Bepo4151 said:
Yeah, I agree Crocodile should be at least 6-C. Stated to have survived in the new world and fighting a couple of high tier during the war should be enough evidence for it.
No. Surviving in the new world =/= being top tier in the new world. Try again. If that were the case, everyone from Doffy family is 6-C. 6-C sugar now?

No. Surviving in the new world =/= being top tier in the new world. Try again. If that were the case, everyone from Doffy family is 6-C. 6-C sugar now?

What kind of sub par reasoning is that? Obviously aince they are being lead not only by one of the moat powerful Pirates on yhe sea but a Shichibukai there will be weak ones as well.

CinCameron20 said:
1) Crocodile's showings are heavily inconsistent w/ Impel down and the war. At one moment, Luffy kicks him aside, but Crocodile takes ONE... ONE hit from Jozu (And maybe Doflamingo off-panel). It's better to leave him unknown instead of placing him "At least Low 7-C" via scaling to Luffy when someone's going to make a thread to upgrade him anyways. Crocodile is staying Unknown. Are you all trying to suggest that Luffy be upgraded to tier 6 pre time-skip? Ridiculous.

2) This is pre time-skip, and no one had a clue how powerful Doflamingo and Jozu were as we do now. From what's being said here, I'm tempted to make all of the WB Commanders unknown, and give Doflamingo an extra key for Pre time-skip and list him as "Unknown", given that Doflamingo's stats come from feats during post time-skip, and not before.

3) Zoro was only 7-C because he scaled to a feat that Luffy applied (which is actually High 7-C). Sorry that Oda didn't throw up a bunch of tier 6 feats in the first post time-skip arc, but whatever. Cry. I even wanted to remove the Fishman Island key in general.

4) Doflamingo never showed any indication of trying to kill Crocodile, short and simple. He stopped Jozu from finishing Crocodile off, he cut Crocodile's logia body rather than using haki which we KNOW he can use, and he left their fight completely unscathed for an unknown reason due to it being off-panel.

5) Crocodile vs Whitebeard was never shown on-panel, and there is a 20+ year gap between that and Alabasta arc. For all we know, Crocodile was stomped hard.

Conclusion: Crocodile is staying Unknown.
Crocodile never tired to kill him either. Just because you have been kicked aside by some one doesn't mean they harmed you. If ChiChi pushes Goku does it mean she's Solar Dystem level? And once AGIAN, Crocodile never showed any harm from that attack.

Umm....no. They actually clashed, with Marine Soldiers even noting on the power of their Haki.

@Rinka

Point is that Croco doesnt neccesarily run into big names in the new world. 6-C is not baseline new world pirate, so you cant scale him like that. Bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back