• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Crocodile CRT

it said shadow shadow fruit, which isnt the invisible fruit..
The shadow fruit doesn't have that power, it was revealed Absalom saved him with his invisibility fruit.
Well, looks like with the new One Piece chapter, Crocodile will be getting an upgrade in the future regardless of what happens in this thread.
This isn't about upgrading crocodile for the sake of an upgrade, if he gets greater feats in the future that changes nothing for his marineford key as it happens two years later after this key. This thread is to accept crocodile's marineford feats for his key, but the opposition disagree because they refuse to accept the way he got stronger and mistake killing intent and holding back strength.

Last edited:
Crocodile in MF also had brief moments fighting Akainu and Mihawk. His AP is probably 6-A.

X8Wgrq1.jpg
7417535-images%20-%202020-06-12t104309.845.jpeg

In general, I obviously agree with the upgrade.

The Akainu one probably shouldn't count for Crocodile because Akainu is a Logia after all. Robin could shatter Aokiji's Logia body without being comparable to him.

I assume we can all agree that Doflamingo doesn't scale to Crocodile (which is a hilarious flip flop of our original counter argument to the OP)?

Crocodile in MF also had brief moments fighting Akainu and Mihawk. His AP is probably 6-A.

X8Wgrq1.jpg
7417535-images%20-%202020-06-12t104309.845.jpeg

In general, I obviously agree with the upgrade.
Clashing with a completely casual Mihawk and not even pushing him away isn’t grounds for 6-A, and the Akainu part doesn’t work like Damage said

How about we rediscuss Crocodile being on par with Base Doffy for now and then put this CRT on hold until Crocodile gets some new feats?

How about we rediscuss Crocodile being on par with Base Doffy for now and then put this CRT on hold until Crocodile gets some new feats?
This isn't about upgrading crocodile for the sake of an upgrade, if he gets greater feats in the future that changes nothing for his marineford key as it happens two years later after this key. This thread is to accept crocodile's marineford feats for his key
No

I do have a problem with disingenuous arguments such as "How do you prove Doffy putting his hands in his pockets are indication that he's holding back?" because the conclusion to that action is a casual mannerism, which is not what Doflamingo do when he's fighting at full strength as seen in Dressrosa. And if you see someone acting casual in the middle of a fight, the natural conclusion is that said person is fighting casually. It's self explanatory.

I don't think a one-clash with a Doflamingo doing a casual pose is enough for us to scale him, and it's even worse when we consider the amount of clashes that happen in this arc.

Having your hands in your pocket during that arc hasn't been shown to be a indicator of someone holding back.
hjKdzyI.png
yolt6yE.png
You can't use different people to compare to an individual. Doflamingo doesn't do that when he's fighting seriously, we've seen that.

Kizaru does that, it's what he's known for. It's his casual personality that makes him so frightening.

We can't say a lot about Akainu. But considering Whitebeard isn't using his fruit and he is, I wouldn't say there's a need to put a lot of force behind that kick.

You can't use different people to compare to an individual. Doflamingo doesn't do that when he's fighting seriously, we've seen that.
We've seen him do that over 200 chapters later, when in this arc when Oda was writing it he showed characters with differing personalities not hold back despite having their hands in their pockets; because they're not using their hands to clash.
Kizaru does that, it's what he's known for. It's his casual personality that makes him so frightening.
To my knowledge Kizaru hadn't held his hands in his pocket during the entire war except against Whitebeard.
We can't say a lot about Akainu. But considering Whitebeard isn't using his fruit and he is, I wouldn't say there's a need to put a lot of force behind that kick.
He used his devil fruit to block it, and yes Whitebeard was continuously using his fruit against the marines.
3Fn4qyA.png
BV1h7ZC.png

And upon looking at a higher quality version of the doffy croc clash scan it doesn't even look like Doflamingo is still smiling by the time they clash against each other, and it isn't clear if Doflamingo is even holding his hands in his pockets.
QQR57RU.png

I think it is better to find a way that makes his AP and durability relative. He shouldn't have Island level AP while Continental durability.

It implies Doflamingo wouldn't be able to harm him in a fight despite them being supposedly portrayed somewhat relative in stats during MF. I don't think he's built like that tbh.
Make him taking Jozu's punch with minor damage an outlier?

Idk, if this relevant or not, but he can or not to harm his enemy Doffy still face his enemy that he know their stronger than him example the Admirals.
In my opinion the continental durability is fine because his durability not scale to another character anyway.

Personally i don't even sure if we can properly scale Crocodile during Marineford, he its simply far too inconsistent to be honest.

If it was up to me i would just delete that Key, or rewrite it as Post Timeskip Key and leave the stats at Unknown until we get new showing.

His only two feats in the arc for AP is clashing with Doffy and for Durability is taking a hit from Jozu.
A single clash from Doffy who was clearly holding back for most of the war, no different than Mihawk.

Which leave Jozu's feat which alone its for sure not enough for him to scale.

Or at this point we may as well scale Marineford Luffy to 6-A since he did survive multiple attacks from admirals.

A single clash from Doffy who was clearly holding back for most of the war, no different than Mihawk.

Which leave Jozu's feat which alone its for sure not enough for him to scale
I've already provided counters to the "clear" evidence that he was holding back. It's completely different than Mihawk who we quite literally see a direct showcase of him holding back against Mr. 1

Sure it is, it's the only time he got hurt during the war; if you disagree provide evidence why he shouldn't scale to that.
Or at this point we may as well scale Marineford Luffy to 6-A since he survive multiple attacks from admirals.
This was already covered, try reading the thread:
We're going to scale him to his actual feats. The issue with Luffy doesn't apply here. Luffy after Marineford and after a two year time-skip where he got stronger showed that the level of his Gears clearly wasn't on the level of Kizaru, Garp, Blackbeard, Sengoku or Mihawk considering nearly ever mid-tier in the post-timeskip scales above or to Luffy with gears.

Crocodile doesn't have that issue, he's not (yet) shown to be weaker than he was portrayed in the war. His feats during the war weren't shown to be inconsistent, the only thing people are using to cite that there is an inconsistency is that he was 7-C in an arc that happened several months ago.

At least a half dozen people in OP currently have durability above their AP.

Post Udon Luffy even without his G4 has 6-A durability

Killer scales to 760 teratons in AP yet has 1 petaton durability, same with Zoan Drake

Both Wano Zoro keys in base scale to 760 teratons without Buso, but even without any buso Wano Zoro has 1 petaton durability via tanking a fuckton of hits from Big Mom

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a way to leave it as "Island level, possibly higher/Unknown".

Thus, major objections to the topic such as Crocodile's inconsistency would be taken into consideration.

I'm not a fan of scaling Crocodile to Jozu, but at the same time, he took a hit from Jozu.

I'll be fine with backscaling Crocodile's durability for taking a hit off guard even though coughing out decent amounts of blood.

On top of that, I'm laughing at the fallacious reasoning you guys have against Crocodile scaling to Doflamingo. He has no inconsistencies in AP except that outlier G2nd kick.

Keep Croc to Doffy, remove his lower end.

I'm not a fan of scaling Crocodile to Jozu, but at the same time, he took a hit from Jozu.

I'll be fine with backscaling Crocodile's durability for taking a hit off guard even though coughing out decent amounts of blood.

On top of that, I'm laughing at the fallacious reasoning you guys have against Crocodile scaling to Doflamingo. He has no inconsistencies in AP except that outlier G2nd kick.

Keep Croc to Doffy, remove his lower end.
When the world needed him most, he came.

Back