• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis and the grand priest hax revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
immortality type 5 and 1

Angels have no life span. Goku stated that angels cannot die. The response was that the only way to get rid of an angel is to erase them from existence.

existence erasure and biological manipulation

Angels can bring others back to life. He resurrected Merus after erasing him from existence
He removed Merus' angelic physiology and made him mortal

Creating illusions

Whis noted that Goku's imaginary clones were a technique copied from him. This should enable the High Priest to do the same

We don't have DBS Manga profiles for Whis or Grand Priest, and we don't cross scale abilities between the DBS Manga and Anime.

Manga version has several noticable differences from the anime, actually. Are you referring to Angel Physiology specifically?
Yes, I'm referring to the angels themselves, they didn't get profiled for the manga and I highly doubt they ever will and the anime shows no signs of coming back, so the only choice we have is to accept that the saga moro from then on can be used for the anime, (due to the anime not having a continuation)

But the right thing would be to make profiles for manga angels, but that alone is not enough to have a profile of your own, so what do we do here?

We must do something about this, the wiki can no longer continue like this, we have to have a profile to put skills in the manga or add them to the anime (since there is no difference, as Null said)

unless they have enough differences that enough people agree are notable, they aren't distinct enough to be made according to the wiki, even if anyone is willing to make them, so that's a whole new discussion topic

We must do something about this, the wiki can no longer continue like this, we have to have a profile to put skills in the manga or add them to the anime (since there is no difference, as Null said)
I dunno about this, they aren’t the same continuity. If the anime doesn’t get contained, then that’s that’s.

yeah but it hasn’t yet. And who knows if that particular statement would be added with that particular wording. It could easily be changed. I just think giving someone an ability from a story arc that never happened in their series is a bit iffy.

yeah but it hasn’t yet. And who knows if that particular statement would be added with that particular wording. It could easily be changed. I just think giving someone an ability from a story arc that never happened in their series is a bit iffy.
It won't change anything, we're just advancing something to add it, because we don't have a profile for the manga and it never will, and I really doubt that the anime will come back, but if it does, it will be from here 30 years, who knows? But anyway, it's talking about the angels, a thing of their race, and there's no difference from the manga to the anime either (at least in the angels) so it wouldn't make any difference to be added here.

It won't change anything, we're just advancing something to add it, because we don't have a profile for the manga and it never will, and I really doubt that the anime will come back, but if it does, it will be from here 30 years, who knows? But anyway, it's talking about the angels, a thing of their race, and there's no difference from the manga to the anime either (at least in the angels) so it wouldn't make any difference to be added here.
Yes, let's either add these changes or create a manga profile, as far as I know, there is not much difference between manga and anime regarding angels.

What is Goku's thinking based on? Is there something he referenced that state angels have eternal life?

we are definitely not gonna add those to the anime profile, regardless of either them being "smiliar" or not, they are still different continuities here

now, making a profile for manga whis, is a whole new story, though we need to gauge how many differences there is and see if users and staff find it enough, probably using the canon page as a reference point

the rules are kinda arbitrary, as i don't think it is as simple as verse specific powers where it is just "5 powers" and "10 users" or something

Whis confirmed what Goku is saying though. So that seems reliable enough.
Whis mentions that he can only be killed or cease to exist if he breaks the laws of angels (as long as he doesn't break that law, he can live forever and is free from death)
To me this reads angels are immune from EE unless they break the rules, which is supported by the fact that no angels get erased by Zeno when their universes are. Nothing directly states they can't die or are unkillable otherwise. On the other hand, if there's no historical event where an angel has died in combat (that he knows about at least), Whis wouldn't be wrong in not correcting Goku.

To me this reads angels are immune from EE unless they break the rules, which is supported by the fact that no angels get erased by Zeno when their universes are. Nothing directly states they can't die or are unkillable otherwise. On the other hand, if there's no historical event where an angel has died in combat (that he knows about at least), Whis wouldn't be wrong in not correcting Goku.
You can also get erased from existence by dying again while being dead, Whis statement would imply that even if they can die they can’t be subject to a second death, or that they can’t die to begin with.

we are definitely not gonna add those to the anime profile, regardless of either them being "smiliar" or not, they are still different continuities here

now, making a profile for manga whis, is a whole new story, though we need to gauge how many differences there is and see if users and staff find it enough, probably using the canon page as a reference point

the rules are kinda arbitrary, as i don't think it is as simple as verse specific powers where it is just "5 powers" and "10 users" or something
Their characters and their roles in the story are not distinct enough from their anime counterparts to warrant a unique page. That would be akin to awarding the Gods of Destruction their own pages when Beerus is the only one with enough backing.

You can also get erased from existence by dying again while being dead, Whis statement would imply that even if they can die they can’t be subject to a second death, or that they can’t die to begin with.
Actually I didn't even see the second scan, Grand Priest says "Merus now has a lifespan", which is evidence enough.

You can see the English version by clicking on the link

why did you make this HAX crt even tho they don't even have a page??
These haxes are entered in sdbh profiles but not in dbs profiles although the scales are from dbs

Actually I didn't even see the second scan, Grand Priest says "Merus now has a lifespan", which is evidence enough.
Dude, angels don't have a lifespan. Merus confiscated angelic powers because he broke the law.

The only way to get rid of an angel is to erase it from existence and the grand priest erased the merus from existence and resurrected it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back