• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When is it appropriate to use an Anime adaptation to quantify feats, if at all?

Some are, and aren't aware that All Might's statistics are unstable due to this. None of us can agree on a time frame, as there are different ways to interpret it. As the anime adaptation of that scene shows a storm form after a period of time. While the manga has no such scenes, and only shows a punch, vortex, and rain forming an unspecified amount of time later.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1869586#29

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/My_Hero_Academia:_Detroit_Smash

This is not just related to MHA, this is merely an example for a more generalized question.

When is it, if at all appropriate to use an anime adaptation to help quantify a feat? And in what ways? EG Timeframes, etc, angles.

As far as I know, Anime usage for time frame is accepted if it accurately depicts the scene portrait in the manga.

Dziga is correct. If the scene plays out the same way as in the manga and we have no other reliable way of estimating the timeframe, we can use the anime adaption.

Antvasima said:
Dziga is correct. If the scene plays out the same way as in the manga and we have no other reliable way of estimating the timeframe, we can use the anime adaption.
I figured that would've been the case. Now what about stuff such as new angles? Are there any circumstances that could allow that?

I do not think that we have any regulation for that. Sorry.

Back