• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What WWE/AEW/NJPW Wrestler(s) Do You Believe Get Way Too Much Hate?

Though I can make a good ass explanation as to why Theory doesn't deserve the amount of hate he gets.

Too much heat isn't really I bad thing.....

it's still heel heat it's not real life heel heat which is something different.

• WWE:
Austin Theory:
He get's proper heel hate and he's doing fine, Is he extra ordinary out of this world nope, he's solid and good and I like watching him it's normal and he get's proper heel reaction I garauntee ya if HHH was in charge this guy would be opening a PPV Event with a classic 20 minute match with AJ Styles or Riddle but so far, it's alright nothing bad so thumb up (y) Austin Theory is a heel and people give him the right response plus he'd out wrestle most of the people if given proper time and will probably become WWE Champion in a few months anyways so working fine for him at the moment.

Baron Corbin:
This one is sad the moment Baron Corbin debuted in NXT he became my favorite I had this guy as my profile pic and wallpaper because he looked like The Undertaker 2.0 just watch his badass entrance
but nowadays it's all gone he probably gets real life heel heat because aside from his Finisher and Lone wolf character nothing else was great, And once that Lone Wolf was gone there's literally nothing to like and I'm being honest and it's heart breaking cause I wanted him to be the future of WWE back when he was in NXT.

Miz:
He is a good and safe worker but he's booring, Defiantly a Hall of Famer for sure but still booring I think he has slown down due to age but he get's unnecessary hate because I love listening to him on the mic, Miz should've had an awesome WWE Championship run couple of years back but gone are the days of Long Term Booking and solid wrestling champions who doesn't loose he was misused, John Morrsion was misused and it's just sad here too cause I love The Miz as a promo.

• AEW
MJF:
boy....do I need to get into this one the single greatest modern day heel in all of pro wrestling who you Genuinely wanna punch in the face but deep down we know he's the greatest heel of all time so I guess that's justifiable. Listen to any of his promos (1, 2, 3). He get's the right hate and it's just really fun to see it because he's just too good on the mic

Kenny Omega:
Thing is Omega is a easy target and I know exactly why he get's the hate
Omega is the definition of the word "Entertainer",
One day he will come out wearing Kirito dress from Sword Art Online I guess he knew about the 2 v 2 tournament 🤪 Other day he will come out as the Ghost Busters or Basketball team or play with John Cena action figure on Being the elite, This stuff really makes Podcasters I hate him because they fail to realize this is his way of connecting to fans, So what if he likes Anime and video games like Street fighters the guy gives you his best in the ring and entertains you outside the ring with creative jokes and popular tv shows and anime franchises including them in his character, you can't get more entertainer then that it's easy for social media Drones to traget him for being funny.

• NJPW:
EVIL: I donno what happened here,
NJPW tried giving him double belt it didn't work japanese audience doesn't care,
They do VFX effects for his satantic powers it's didn't work,
They made him leader of the freaking Bullet Club and guess what it still didn't work so much so that after making him double champ they had to take the title away from him in a just two months which sucks because his match with Chris Jericho and legends like Shibata were great. He wrestles slow looking type of style like The Miz or Sheamus in the ring and apparently looking at Youtube and NJPW discussion site this seems to be the issue he just boores people to death in the ring most NJPW fan would tell you they want him to leave, Which SUCKS just because he isn't a Ricochet or Will Ospreay but that doesn't mean he can't give you a damm good match granted it takes the right partner in the ring to do so but still
We are 4 days away from G1 CLIMAX 2022 Tournament to start and I pick him to win the entire thing so we're gonna have to see how well that goes meanwhile his hate for being booring continues lol
cGanSTo.png

vFwbF5u.png

Last edited:
Austin Theory:
He get's proper heel hate and he's doing fine, Is he extra ordinary out of this world nope, he's solid and good and I like watching him it's normal and he get's proper heel reaction I garauntee ya if HHH was in charge this guy would be opening a PPV Event with a classic 20 minute match with AJ Styles or Riddle but so far, it's alright nothing bad so thumb up (y) Austin Theory is a heel and people give him the right response plus he'd out wrestle most of the people if given proper time and will probably become WWE Champion in a few months anyways so working fine for him at the moment.
He actually had a 17-minute match with AJ Styles on RAW, and it was pretty damn good. His match with Kevin Owens on RAW was good as well. I agree overall with this.

Baron Corbin:
This one is sad the moment Baron Corbin debuted in NXT he became my favorite I had this guy as my profile pic and wallpaper because he looked like The Undertaker 2.0 just watch his badass entrance
but nowadays it's all gone he probably gets real life heel heat because aside from his Finisher and Lone wolf character nothing else was great, And once that Lone Wolf was gone there's literally nothing to like and I'm being honest and it's heart breaking cause I wanted him to be the future of WWE back when he was in NXT.
I don't mind what Corbin's doing right now. Pat McAfee is the perfect opponent for someone like Corbin. The fans love Pat, and Corbin is the perfect kind of guy to face Pat. I do wish he had his Lone Wolf gimmick, though. I had a lot of interest in him, especially in 2017 when he won the US Title, and had an underrated theme song (I Bring The Darkness/End of Days is such a good song).

Miz:
He is a good and safe worker but he's booring, Defiantly a Hall of Famer for sure but still booring I think he has slown down due to age but he get's unnecessary hate because I love listening to him on the mic, Miz should've had an awesome WWE Championship run couple of years back but gone are the days of Long Term Booking and solid wrestling champions who doesn't loose he was misused, John Morrsion was misused and it's just sad here too cause I love The Miz as a promo.
I wouldn't call him boring. He's still able to put on entertaining matches and segments. People were mad when they saw that Cody's first match back after returning would be against The Miz, and people started ******** on him for no reason (even though the match they had was actually pretty decent). People these days love the flippy shit, instead of focusing on ring psychologically, which imo, Miz sells in the most. He's also a very good storyteller. His rivalry with Dolph Ziggler in 2016 is one of my favorites of all time. Miz did his best character work throughout 2016 and 2017. He was so good, and he deserved to be WWE or Universal Champion at that time. He'd be so good. John Morrison also deserved another run with the Intercontinental Championship. I thought he'd return to face Theory for the US Title at some point, but I guessed wrong (that match would've been a banger).

MJF:
boy....do I need to get into this one the single greatest modern day heel in all of pro wrestling who you Genuinely wanna punch in the face but deep down we know he's the greatest heel of all time so I guess that's justifiable. Listen to any of his promos (1, 2, 3). He get's the right hate and it's just really fun to see it because he's just too good on the mic
The only reason why I've seen hate for MJF was because he wanted to leave AEW, which led to the AEW stans becoming triggered. He's so ******* good. I wouldn't say greatest heel of all time (imo, prime Edge, prime Randy Orton, and Reign of Terror Triple H are better heels), but MJF definitely has the potential to become one of the greatest heels of all time.

Kenny Omega:
Thing is Omega is a easy target and I know exactly why he get's the hate
Omega is the definition of the word "Entertainter",
One day he will come out wearing Kirito dress from Sword Art Online I guess he knew about the 2 v 2 tournament 🤪 Other day he will come out as the Ghost Busters or Basketball team or play with John Cena action figure on Being the elite, This stuff really makes Podcasters I hate him because they fail to realize this is his way of connecting to fans, So what if he likes Anime and video games like Street fighters the guy gives you his best in the ring and entertains you outside the ring with creative jokes and popular tv shows and anime franchises including them in his character, you can't get more entertainer then that it's easy for social media Drones to traget him for being funny.
Not going to lie here; hour long matches aren't exactly my kind of matchup, but I have to give respect for even lasting that long in a matchup, and Kenny is a very talented performer, and he knows how to be an entertainer. People these days want wrestlers to be more serious, which is so dumb. You can be a relatively goofy character and still get over and become a World Champion. There's nothing wrong with being an entertainer.

EVIL: I donno what happened here,
NJPW tried giving him double belt it didn't work japanese audience doesn't care,
They do VFX effects for his satantic powers it's didn't work,
They made him leader of the freaking Bullet Club and guess what it still didn't work so much so that after making him double champ they had to take the title away from him in a just two months which sucks because his match with Chris Jericho and legends like Shibata were great. He wrestles slow looking type of style like The Miz or Sheamus in the ring and apparently looking at Youtube and NJPW discussion site this seems to be the issue he just boores people to death in the ring most NJPW fan would tell you they want him to leave, Which SUCKS just because he isn't a Ricochet or Will Ospreay but that doesn't mean he can't give you a damm good match granted it takes the right partner in the ring to do so but still
We are 4 days away from G1 CLIMAX 2022 Tournament to start and I pick him to win the entire thing so we're gonna have to see how well that goes meanwhile his hate for being booring continues lol
cGanSTo.png

vFwbF5u.png
Can't say much here, but I can tell those fans just say shit just to say it without giving any thought whatsoever.

Wrestling these days just people targeting each others style of fight so I don't really go into comment section of sites like WrestlingINC or whatever just creepy people telling how much they hate Ricochet calling guys like balor indy vanilla midget it sucks
It's wrestling people ! All styles are going to be there people don't appreciate it it's always Thinking "This guy is too small" or "This guy can't cut a promo"

The people who can not cut promos have 10 different other things that makes people love them it's a terrible era we live in. Good thing I deleted Twitter too people body shaming each other, Calling wrestlers out
(It's all for attention and drama believe me people just want those followers and likes I've been in this dirty business so I know how their mind works trust me)

Wrestling is obviously not perfect no matter which promotion you watch,

My favorite wrestling style is "Mixed Martial Arts and hard hitting Japanese and European style"
used by Pete Dunne, WALTER and Kenny Omega it's obviously not for everyone as in your mind perfect type of style should be something else.
Some may watch walter and be like "chops sucks" or seeing pete dunne break finger and be like "Oh it's tooo phony"

But yes I like watching wrestlers kick out of finishers, I like watching the fight become intense and feel real with hard hitting strikes it's just some fans like ******** on wrestlers just for the sake of doing so cause in their mind wrestling should be done in an specific way I do miss the classic Miz from 2016-18 god I miss Smackdown soooo much from that time but yeah both fans and booking these days is not the best.

Last edited:
Wrestling these days just people targeting each others style of fight so I don't really go into comment section of sites like WrestlingINC or whatever just creepy people teling how much they hate Ricochet calling guys like balor indy vanilla midget it sucks
It's wrestling people ! All styles are going to be there people don't appreciate it it's always "Think guy is too small" or "This guy can't cut a promo"
1000% agreed with this. People who say that they like this style of wrestling ***** on any other style of wrestling just because it doesn't cater to their taste. Not every wrestler is going to click with you, but at the very least, respect the fact that other people like the style of wrestling that wrestler does.

The people who can not cut promos have 10 different other things that makes people love them it's a terrible era we live in good thing I deleted Twitter too people body shaming each other, Calling wrestlers out
(It's all for attention and drama believe me people just want those followers and likes I'm been in this dirty business so I know how their mind works trust me)
Imo, you don't even have to be great on the mic to connect with the fans. Being good, or even serviceable/decent on the mic is good enough for the fans to connect with you. You just need to be good in the ring, and you're set. I love watching matches involving people like Finn Balor or Bobby Lashley, but when it comes to doing a segment, I usually skip (though I will say Bobby is improving a bit on the mic).

My favorite wrestling style is "Mixed Martial Arts and hard hitting Japanese and European style"
used by Pete Dunne, WALTER and Kenny Omega it's obviously not for everyone as in your mind perfect type of style should be something else.
Some may watch walter and be like "chops sucks" or seeing pete dunne break finger and be like "Oh it's tooo phony"
Pete Dunne makes me cringe every time I see him break someone's finger lmao. He's still great to watch. Walter (aka Gunther) is doing good right now in the main roster, and I hope he has a dominant reign as champion. My favorite kind of wrestling styles are the wrestlers who use their strength and athleticism (Austin Theory, Keith Lee, Roman Reigns (when he's not fighting Brock)) and all-round/technical wrestlers (Cesaro, Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler).

But yes I like watching wrestlers kick out of finishers, I like watching the fight become intense and feel real with hard hitting strikes it's just some fans like ******** on wrestlers just for the sake of doing so cause in their mind wrestling should be done in an specific way
I also like seeing wrestlers kick out of finishers. I wasn't interested in Drew McIntyre vs Happy Corbin at WM 38, but when Drew kicked out of the End of Days, I popped because it was the first time someone had ever kicked out of the move. WWE needs to start protecting finishers instead of just spamming 4-5 finishers in a 20 minute match. Kicking out of 1, or even 2 finishers is good enough. No more than that. It makes a match that has a personal rivalry attached to it more special.

I do miss the classic Miz from 2016-18 god I miss Smackdown soooo much from that time but yeah both fans and booking these days is not the best.
1. This Miz should've won the WWE Title instead of 2021 Miz, who really no one cared about at the time.
2. 2016-2018 Smackdown will forever be missed. It was the last time a wrestling show put on consistently good TV, instead of the hit or miss TV we got now.

Most of Kenny Omega's haters are homophobic, racist bigots who follow a certain bigot who enables and encourages said bigoted behaviors.

The forum limits the degree of political discussions however for good reasons and this might fall into that, so let's just leave that as it is.

Most of Kenny Omega's haters are homophobic, racist bigots who follow a certain bigot who enables and encourages said bigoted behaviors.

The forum limits the degree of political discussions however for good reasons and this might fall into that, so let's just leave that as it is.

Yeah it's just a common thing wrestling troll does when they see LGBT wrestlers (nasty stuff here)
I remember I joined this wrestling discord server when AEW did blood and guts match and due to it being a blood match with violence people on that server were calling hardcore wrestling fans ugly and pedos while forgetting that hardcore wrestling and guys like Mick Foley and Sabu is what made us love wrestling in the first place just bad stuff mannn....I'm gonna go and watch RAW now I just woke up

The pro wrestling fandom is where you can find one of the most condescending, pretentious, hypocritical, obnoxious and irascible fans in existence.

Wrestling lingo and critique isn't particularly complicated, but a lot of wrestling fans are so comically, pompously stupid that they make talks about storytelling and ring psychology sound grandiloquent. Most wrestling fans have no idea what they're talking about in general.

They're the equivalent of TikTok powerscalers throwing terms like outerversal or conceptual manipulation around without the slightest grasp of what those things mean or how they actually work.

People may complain about r/SquaredCircle but it's easily the best wrestling platform when it comes to larger communities of the fandom. Go to every other forum of similar size and it's usually full of things you wouldn't really want to see.

Last edited:
I agree Metalball on those shitty tik tok debaters.
One of the reasons why I stepped away from Ben 10 as a cartoon franchise when it comes to debating is
Everytime you go to any discord or any forms people would be like Alien X do this, Alien X can do that
meanwhile Alien X has never even shown half of the stuff aside from creating a Universe, People seems to wank him so much they have lost all creativity and keeps linking Ink Tank videos
It's genuinely funny that People think Trigon is out of Alien X's League and googles" Can Ben 10 defeat Goku" read a shitty script and accept it
plus they are using my pictures too for their stupid and baseless arguments.
zfXD5Lu.jpg

Last edited:
Wrestling lingo and critique isn't particularly complicated, but a lot of wrestling fans are so comically, pompously stupid that they make talks about storytelling and ring psychology sound grandiloquent. Most wrestling fans have no idea what they're talking about in general.
Dude, I went on YouTube and Twitter to see what people were saying about RAW (specifically about Ziggler becoming a face once again after superkicking Theory), and people were legit saying that WWE should give Ziggler the briefcase instead of keeping it on Theory, and then on Summerslam, Ziggler cashes in and becomes World Champion. Mostly everyone was on board with that. I'm not joking.

Ziggler is one of my favorite wrestlers ever, but giving him the briefcase is not the right call whatsoever. That's a terrible booking decision, but most people think it's good because they hate Theory.

I've seen some people say that Ziggler should be added into Theory vs Lashley at Summerslam, making it a Triple Threat for the US Title, and making Ziggler win, which I actually don't mind at all. It'd be nice to see babyface Ziggler hold a title. It'll bring more prestige to the belt.

Dude, I went on YouTube and Twitter to see what people were saying about RAW (specifically about Ziggler becoming a face once again after superkicking Theory), and people were legit saying that WWE should give Ziggler the briefcase instead of keeping it on Theory, and then on Summerslam, Ziggler cashes in and becomes World Champion. Mostly everyone was on board with that. I'm not joking.

Ziggler is one of my favorite wrestlers ever, but giving him the briefcase is not the right call whatsoever. That's a terrible booking decision, but most people think it's good because they hate Theory.

I've seen some people say that Ziggler should be added into Theory vs Lashley at Summerslam, making it a Triple Threat for the US Title, and making Ziggler win, which I actually don't mind at all. It'd be nice to see babyface Ziggler hold a title. It'll bring more prestige to the belt.
At Summerslam Theory will win his U.S. Title back, and try and cash in on Reigns/Lesnar the same night, but Ziggler will cost him and the two will feud for the U.S. Title for a while, which ends in Ziggler winning the title and Theory focusing on the World Title, but he’ll be near the back of the line

At Summerslam Theory will win his U.S. Title back, and try and cash in on Reigns/Lesnar the same night, but Ziggler will cost him and the two will feud for the U.S. Title for a while, which ends in Ziggler winning the title and Theory focusing on the World Title, but he’ll be near the back of the line
Ehhh...

It's not horrible. It would just be weird if WWE were to give Theory the US Title and MITB in less than a year since his main roster debut, all just to lose it and making him start from square 1 again.

I feel like it should be Theory vs Lashley vs Ziggler for the US Title at Summerslam, in which Ziggler wins, but Theory cashes in his MITB and ends up winning the title (though I'll make him a transitional champion and make him lose the titles the next night or the next PPV).

I feel like the best way to do this is for Theory to cash in the contract on Cody Rhodes at WM 39 to become the most hated wrestler in any promotion.

People are saying WWE are going to make Theory the next John Cena, which I can definitely see in the next couple or few years, but in the position he's in right now, I can kinda see him being the next Edge.

Just when you think he's finally gone for good, he finds a way to come back and screw everything over for your favorite wrestler lol

I don't wanna know how much is Friedman hated if everyone here keeps saying Theory gets so much hate.

I know it was WCW but I think folks dumped on Disco Inferno too much, sure it was a silly gimmick but he made it look awesome and can tell he had a lot of fun with it.

What do you think about Ziggler's face turn?
I don't think of anything of Dolph Ziggler he's just there....
Even in NXT as a champion he was just there trying to support the brand if AJ Styles couldn't then neither can Dolph as soon he lost that title he's back to being irrelevant again so no opinion really.

Joe gacy in Nxt 2.0, and the hate he gets it's not because he's a heel, it's because people keep calling him a "bray wyatt ripoff", like if people truly cared about bray wyatt when he was the eater of worlds, and even if we compare these two, both gimmicks aren't event close

People cared about Bray Wyatt WWE didn't because they called Goldberg to bury the fiend in Saudi after which he wasn't the same ever again and then gave his Gimmick to Alexa that men is probably heart broken and the report of disagreement over his gimmick with Vince were going on and on for years you know one day it was gonna come to a heated argument eventually WWE's vision of the fiend and handling of the character was just poor at times aside from a few good matches here and there.
Joe Gacy and Harland were my favorite pair and their gimmick on exclusivity was awesome but this new character with druids and people chanting Shut The Hell Up it does sound super forced and just mehhh to be honest.....he's great in the ring but the gimmick is just funny it's been done over and over again now with multiple Supernatural characters. I don't hate him but yeah......the crowds reaction in this video really sums it up.
Doesn't really matter WWE found their new bray wyatt in Gacy and the reaction of the crowd speaks for itself.

People cared about Bray Wyatt WWE didn't because they called Goldberg to bury the fiend in Saudi after which he wasn't the same ever again and then gave his Gimmick to Alexa that men is probably heart broken and the report of disagreement over his gimmick with Vince were going on and on for years you know one day it was gonna come to a heated argument eventually WWE's vision of the fiend and handling of the character was just poor at times aside from a few good matches here and there.
Joe Gacy and Harland were my favorite pair and their gimmick on exclusivity was awesome but this new character with druids and people chanting Shut The Hell Up it does sound super forced and just mehhh to be honest.....he's great in the ring but the gimmick is just funny it's been done over and over again now with multiple Supernatural characters. I don't hate him but yeah......the crowds reaction in this video really sums it up.
Doesn't really matter WWE found their new bray wyatt in Gacy and the reaction of the crowd speaks for itself.
eater of worlds bray I'm refering to wyatt family bray, he wasn't so over and the crowd reactions were meh, when he became the fiend people started to love him, and when people is comparing gacy to bray, the only gimmick gacy resembles to Bray is the wyatt family one

Back