• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Well, here we are.

After weeks of gooning, we were able to save the Pro Wrestling from extinction from the crooked staff!

In all seriousness, I want to give a huge, and I mean huge thanks to everyone who helped in keeping this verse alive. I would make an entire list of the people who helped, but there's far too many, and my fingers are already hurting from all of the research I did for every single Pro Wrestler on the wiki. But then again, I'm pretty sure y'all know who you are!

Now onto the CRT!

YOU’RE FIIIIRREEEDD!!!” - Bambu (probably)

Logan Paul
We’ve already gone over this. I don’t think I need to explain for the 5000th time why Logan needs to get purged.

Eric Bischoff
Other than probably Logan, I was honestly kind of surprised that we got away with this profile in specific. Eric Bischoff uses his IRL name, isn’t really a wrestler to begin with, and he doesn’t really play a significant role in the verse’s narrative like most other WWE profiles we have here. We can purge this one, too.

James Ellsworth
Gonna try to keep this one brief. He uses his middle name (Ellsworth) for his last name, and keeps his first name, so he uses his IRL name. He also plays a very insignificant role in the verse’s narrative compared to other characters in the verse.

John Cena
This one hurts me so much. While WWE Cena is pretty distinct from IRL Cena, and he plays one of the biggest roles out of any other wrestler in the verse’s narrative, it doesn’t change the fact that WWE Cena uses the actors real life name word for word, which is already a big no no, so while it’s very tragic that one of the most significant characters in the verse has to be purged, it’s a necessary sacrifice.

Brock Lesnar
This one’s pretty easy to explain. Not only does the actor use his IRL name, but IRL Brock and WWE Brock aren’t that distinct from each other. WWE Brock is somewhat similar to Logan Paul, as there isn’t a big distinction between their WWE and IRL counterparts, other than the fact that they’re playing an exaggerated version of themselves. Only thing Brock qualifies for is that his WWE counterpart has done or is comparable to feats that IRL Brock cannot achieve. Overall, Brock can probably be purged as well.

MJF
I hate doing this, but MJF likely needs to be purged, too. To keep it simple, the character MJF plays is quite literally himself, but exaggerated. This alone makes him eligible enough to get thrown into the gutter unfortunately.

Brooklyn Brawler
While his name is different from his IRL counterpart, he’s quite literally the definition of a jobber bar, maybe James Ellsworth. And just like Ellsworth, he does not play a significant role in the verse’s narrative, especially compared to others.

Wrestlers I'm Neutral On

The Rock
This one’s…difficult, to say the least. Trying to differentiate The Rock and Dwayne Johnson is going to be a bit confusing. One thing I will say is that the character of The Rock is similar to the character of LA Knight, but without the LA theme/aesthetics. However, he is also a rock The People’s Champion and a member of the WWE’s established kayfabe Samoan bloodline, which is also what wrestlers like Umaga, Roman Reigns, The Usos, Yokozuna, etc. are a part of. He plays a massive role in the narrative of the WWE, as he’s considered one of the most iconic wrestlers of all time. Unfortunately, trying to differentiate The Rock and Dwayne is very hard, so if this profile has to get purged, then so be it.

For The Love Of God Spare Them!

Randy Orton
Orton’s WWE name is slightly different from his IRL name, Randal Keith Orton (a nickname of sorts), and he’s similar to Cena, as he plays one of the most significant roles out of any other wrestler in the verse. His WWE persona is also very distinct from his IRL self. One of the gimmicks he played was called “The Legend Killer” where he’d just go around and beat or even attempt to legitimately kill legends, The Undertaker being a prime example of this. He even had a gimmick where he was a full on psychopath, where he would kick the ever living hell out of his opponents. He even had a segment where he claimed to have IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder), which is exclusive to his Randy Orton persona. Overall, while the names are similar, I don’t think Randy Orton should be included in WWE purge.

Finn Bálor
Finn’s wrestling name is based off of the legendary Irish hero Fionn mac Cumhail and Balor of the Evil Eye, an antagonistic character from Gaelic mythology, so his wrestling name is one of the most unique out of any other wrestler on the wiki. He also has an otherworldly alter ego often referred to as “The Demon”, and The Demon falls in the same category as other outlandish/supernatural characters such as The Undertaker and Kane, so I think it’s safe to say that Finn’s perfectly fine to stay.

Hulk Hogan
This one shouldn’t be too hard. Completely different name from his IRL counterpart, played a massive role in the verse’s narrative, even more so than John Cena, and has a completely different personality from his IRL counterpart, playing the character of a heroic All-American. Most wrestlers during Hogan’s era of wrestling (André the Giant, The Ultimate Warrior) because this was during the 80s, back when kayfabe was heavily protected, and wrestling personas were meant to be their own person and completely distinct from the actor playing the character.

The Undertaker
This one has been explained multiple times in past threads, so I’ll link y’all the entire information on The Undertaker's gimmick instead of sounding like a broken record.

Kane
The half-brother of The Undertaker, whose character is a horror-themed juggernaut and hellish personification of everything fire. His brother The Undertaker even claimed he was a “pyromaniac”. The character/persona of Kane is rooted in malevolent acts of arson by his half-brother Undertaker, who purposely set their house on fire with their family in an attempt to murder Kane. This is very distinct from Glenn Jacobs, the person who plays the role of Kane.

Adam Cole
(Bay Bay!) He has a completely different name from his IRL counterpart, and he has a distinct personality that separates himself from his IRL counterpart. Here's a description of his character/persona. Not only that, but he plays a significant role in the narrative of the verse, as he was the face of NXT, WWE’s developmental brand for a good year or two. Adam should be kept.

Chris Jericho
Different name from his IRL counterpart, and he has played a significant role in the narrative of the verse, such as being the inventor of the Money in the Bank ladder match, being the only wrestler to beat The Rock and Stone Cold in the same night, having the most Intercontinental Title reigns, etc. He also has a distinct personality, a prime example being around 2008, when he turned heel and became a guy who comes out in suits and has a more complex way of speaking. Hell, even in his AEW/NJPW run, he has supernatural powers such as summoning mundane weapons to help him in combat, throwing fireballs, and spitting poison mist at his opponents.

Omos
As the list goes on, I’ll start sounding more and more like a broken record depending on which wrestler I’m doing. Anyways, Omos has a completely different name from his IRL counterpart, and he has a distinct personality from his IRL counterpart. Admittedly it’s the generic “very big guy who’s very hard to defeat”, but it’s completely different from his IRL counterpart.

Seth Rollins
Different name, and he plays a significant role in the narrative, as he currently is the World Heavyweight Champion, and has made history in the company on numerous occasions, some prime examples include becoming the first to hold the US and World Title simultaneously, as well as being the first wrestler to cash in the Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania. His character is also distinct from his IRL counterpart, as Seth currently plays the “Visionary” character, who is a boastful, delusional character that had a reputation for eccentricity and wore flamboyant suits with a nice sprinkle of a Joker personality in there as well.

Umaga
Different name, plays a significant role, blah blah blah. The character of Umaga is depicted as a destructive savage who could only be controlled by his manager Armando Alejandro Estrada. Don’t think I need to explain why this is justifiable to keep.

Austin Theory
While Theory uses his real first name for his wrestler name (real name is Austin White), I do think that his wrestler name is almost a nickname of some sorts, and is unique to the character. Hell, his name was mostly based on a video game character. Now since that’s out of the way, Theory does play a significant part in the narrative, as he’s the current US Champion, and he’s been projected as the future of the WWE. His current character is a lot more serious than it was before. He’s done with being called a kid, or the future, or a protege. He’s ‘The Now’, and he’s out there to prove just that. Very distinct persona from his IRL counterpart.

Braun Strowman
He’s the kayfabe son of Bray Wyatt, and he’s nicknamed ‘The Monster Among Men’, as his whole schtick is to destroy basically anything in his way. His name is completely different from his IRL one, and he plays a role in the narrative, as he’s not some one-off cameo wrestler.

Bray Wyatt
Uses a different name, and he plays a role in the narrative. His character is a villainous cult leader who believed himself to be the “nagging conscience of an immoral world. He also has a masked alter-ego referred to as ‘The Fiend’, who had supernatural characteristics and remembers all the wrongdoings that others had inflicted on Wyatt in the past. Don’t need to explain too much here.

The Ultimate Warrior
I briefly referenced him earlier, so I’ll try my best to keep it simple. Different name, and he played a significant role in the narrative. Here's a brief description of The Ultimate Warrior's personality. There’s a very clear distinction between The Ultimate Warrior and the person playing it.

André the Giant
A similar case to other wrestlers like Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior, André wrestled in the era where kayfabe was heavily protected, and there was a very clear distinction between the character and the person playing said character. For instance, he was billed as a guy who was undefeated for 15 years. I believe André is fine to keep here.

Jay White
Similar to wrestlers like Randy Orton and Austin Theory, Jay White keeps a part of his IRL name, but changes it so it can be distinct to his wrestling character. He’s known as “The Switchblade”, as he constantly betrays and assaults people, stables and wrestlers with no sympathy whatsoever. He made his goal clear that he wants to break stables and cause destruction, making him one of the most untrustworthy wrestlers out there. I think Jay White should be kept.

Kenny Omega
Quite literally a half-cyborg with all of the powers a cyborg would have. He also has supernatural abilities such as freezing his enemies by saying “Stop” or making a simple hand gesture, learning Black Magic, and summoning invisible chainsaws. He also has a completely different name from the actor who plays the role of Kenny Omega, and he plays one of the most significant roles in AEW/NJPW.

LA Knight
Don’t think I really need to tell you that the name “LA Knight” isn’t something the average person would have. His character is basically an egotistical and overconfident prick, but his entire character is themed around the aesthetics of Los Angeles, hence his name: LA Knight (which is also a play on words with LA Nights). You can also tell by his theme song that his whole name is based around the aesthetics of Los Angeles.

The Boogeyman
A similar case to people like Bray Wyatt, The Undertaker, and Kane. The Boogeyman is also a supernatural entity in the WWE, although he’s considerably weaker than the aforementioned wrestlers, and he’s mostly played for comic relief. His whole shtick is being a horror-themed, disturbing, worm-devouring, Beetlejuice-like freak of nature.

Johnny Gargano
Tbf, his WWE name is pretty close to the actors’ name (John Anthony Nicholas Gargano), but in terms of character, he’s basically what you consider the average underdog. A guy who's been told “no” many times throughout his life. In fact, he still has the rejection email he received after attending a WWE tryout in 2015 to remind himself how far he’s come. He used to be a “chubby kid from Cleveland” who aspired to become the next Shawn Michaels, has finally made it in the big leagues. It’s basically an inspiring “never give up on your dreams” storyline you’d see in a lot of pieces of media, which is basically Gargano’s entire character. He also plays a significant role in the narrative of the verse, as he’s referred to as “The Heart and Soul of NXT” due to the amount of classics and memorable stories he’s had in the company.

Roman Reigns
He is a straight up power hungry villain who is prideful of a bloodline he is a part of. Ever since 2020, he’s been manipulating, gaslighting, and guilt tripping his fellow Bloodline members to do his bidding in order to keep his spot at the top of the throne. He’s basically portrayed as the God of the WWE, and likely even Professional Wrestling in general, which his theme song and ring entrance exemplifies.

Alberto Del Rio
Being the legitimate son of the legendary Dos Caras, Del Rio was born into one of the most well-known Mexican wrestling families. He was also (in kayfabe) a descendant of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, which makes him come from two royal bloodlines. From a look at his vignettes, the character of Alberto Del Rio is an arrogant, rich Mexican aristocrat, espousing his own virtues of honesty, integrity, and mental faculties, claiming that he’s the epitome of each virtue. He flexes his wealth by coming out in fancy cars and suits. Pretty distinct character if I say so myself.

Dexter Lumis
He plays the character of a creepy stalker, starting when he kidnapped Austin Theory and stalked The Way for the better part of a year. He also has an unnatural tolerance for pain, such as when he basically no sold a vice getting tightened on his head, which would’ve crushed a human skull. This one’s pretty simple and to the point.

Stone Cold Steve Austin
No need to explain much here I think. He’s a brash, hot-headed, anti-establishment antihero, who became the most popular wrestler of his era. He plays a massive role in the narrative, being one of the most influential wrestlers of all time, paving the way for many wrestlers down the line.

Big Show
Billed as “The World's Largest Athlete”, Big Show is portrayed, like most big men in the WWE, as an opposing force to all of the top stars in the WWE. He was basically the ‘Goliath’ of the WWE until he left. There’s not much else I can say. He has a distinct name from the actor playing the role, and he plays a big part in the narrative of the verse.

EVIL
His persona is basically a caricature of, well, evil. He’s basically The Undertaker if he wasn't as scary, but with more symbolism to his character, an example being his entrance (can’t find a good one for some reason), where he wears a black cloak emblazoned with an inverted crucifix on it (he’s a satanist). He also likes to carry a big scythe in one hand. He’s basically a cartoon character.

Danhausen
While he uses his IRL surname for his wrestling name, his wrestling persona sets him completely apart from his IRL counterpart. He’s a demon who is known to curse his enemies and appear underneath the ring during the matches and claims he has supernatural powers, which he does.

And that should be everyone y'all! Now we just gotta see what staff decide gets spared or purged.

I can finally rest my fingers for a bit.

Votes Tally:

Agree: @KingTempest, @Mr._Bambu (most of them, neutral on The Rock, Theory, and Andre), @Qawsedf234, @Duedate8898, @DarkGrath (neutral on Orton), @Lonkitt, @DarkDragonMedeus (neutral on The Rock), @Antvasima (neutral on Orton), @Therefir (most of them, thinks The Rock should be removed)

Disagree: @Mr._Bambu (disagrees with Orton, Stone Cold, Gargano, Jay White), @Qawsedf234 (disagrees with Cena), @Duedate8898 (disagrees with Cena), @Therefir (disagrees with Cena), @DarkDragonMedeus (disagrees with Cena), @DarkGrath (disagrees with Cena), @Antvasima (disagrees with Cena)

Last edited:
So turns out I ****** up and put two spoilers for each wrestler.

Just want to clarify that the first spoiler for each wrestler leads to a link to their profile, while the second spoiler explains whether or not they should purged.

Last edited:
John Cena leaving the wiki is a national tragedy
Fw7R5HAaUAANk2C.png

Neutral on the Rock, he is a major celebrity and we'd probably avoid a headache purging him but he's at least in line with the main disqualifier here of being far too close to the real person portraying the individual.

Disagree with Randy Orton remaining, "Randy" is a common shortened form of "Randal", it is functionally the same name. Same for Jay White. Austin Theory is a neutral since his name is actually changed slightly.

Neutral on Andre, feel he falls into a similar situation to the Rock but marginally worse since he performed under his own name. John Cena is in a similar boat but I'm definitely in favor of removal for him.

Johnny Gargano looks too questionable for the current standards.

Steve Austin dangerously treads the line. He acts how he does outside of the WWE as well- I'd be in favor of deletion.

Maintaining a 1:1 name is grounds for deletion, of course, but some of these are fringe cases where we may debate how far that goes. A lot of these guys have gigs outside of wrestling (as aforementioned, Steve Austin plays his persona when he does shit like advertisements and his other shows) that should probably be scrutinized when deciding whether they're cool or not- I'm not familiar with everyone here so I can't say for sure for 'em.

The only one I'm iffy on is Cena, since he's more of a Baby Face hero than just John Cena. I guess the big thing is that after the Rapper arc John Cena the character and the person sorta merged compared to when he pretend to be a robot pre-WWE.

Brock Lesner probably doesn't qualify though.

The only one I'm iffy on is Cena, since he's more of a Baby Face hero than just John Cena. I guess the big thing is that after the Rapper arc John Cena the character and the person sorta merged compared to when he pretend to be a robot pre-WWE.

Brock Lesner probably doesn't qualify though.
What do you think about The Rock? He doesn't uses his irl name.

I can agree with all the deletions except for John Cena, the name thing being the only reason he gets removed ignores a lot of how the wrestler played into the WWE story as a story. He should be fine to stay. I say much the same for the Rock, before they were movie stars and what they are now they were wrestlers with their persona's, playing roles in the wider story and should not be removed.

From what I understand, the site rules for Stage Personas were recently changed, and this thread is regarding which WWE stage personas should be allowed to stay and which should be removed with these new rules in mind?

I am admittedly very unfamiliar with WWE personas, and I'm only reviewing the recent rule changes as I write this, so my opinion here isn't particularly authoritative. That being said, the rules are clear enough that I believe I can offer some insights.

Probably the biggest contention I have is around how we should treat John Cena versus how we should treat Randy Orton. It is acknowledged in the OP that John Cena should be removed, despite playing a major role in the narrative and being highly distinct from the IRL Cena, because his name is the same as his IRL counterpart. Yet the OP also states that Randy Orton should stay, despite his name being Randal Orton, because he plays a major role in the narrative and is highly distinct from his IRL self. As Bambu has already mentioned, "Randy" is just short for "Randal", so Randy Orton's name isn't really any different to his IRL counterpart - you could call his IRL counterpart "Randy Orton" as well and it'd be just as valid.

I'm sure my problem here is clear, but to spell it out; John Cena and Randy Orton are, for all intents and purposes, in the same boat. They're both major characters in the WWE narrative who are highly distinct from their IRL selves, but share the same name as their IRL selves. If we get rid of one, we should get rid of the other. If we keep one, we should keep the other. And to be honest, I'm not sure which is more appropriate.

To quote the Stage Persona rules:

"Characters whose names are the same as real actors are generally not allowed in order to maintain a clear distinction between the character and the real-world person, and to minimize the potential for confusion by blurring fiction and reality. However, exceptions may be considered for specific fictional verses where the use of real names is a deliberate creative choice that aligns with the established narrative style and does not undermine the intended separation between fiction and reality.

- In the case of WWE or similar contexts, stricter scrutiny would be applied to ensure a proper separation between the fictional characters and the real actors."

Is the use of John Cena's and Randy Orton's IRL names a deliberate creative choice? I honestly don't know, and I would like input from people who might know. If you were to ask me, though, I'd consider the point about "not undermining the intended separation between fiction and reality" as the most important factor; I wouldn't mind keeping profiles that share the same name as their IRL actors as long as we can draw a clear line between where the actor ends and the character begins. If we can't, I'd think it's best to remove it.

John Cena is going to get deleted from the wiki? That's sad. He is a cool character. I hope he's not deleted.

If so many popular wrestler profiles are deleted (and i understand the reason), I see no point in keeping WWE and other wrestling company verses on this wiki, honestly.

It's like having a Dragon Ball verse page without Goku, Vegeta and Gohan, or a DC comics verse page without Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

If so many popular wrestler profiles are deleted (and i understand the reason), I see no point in keeping WWE and other wrestling company verses on this wiki, honestly.
That's a little extreme, don't ya think?

Though it seems some of the staff want to keep Cena, and based on Grath's arguments, I think she makes the most sense here.

I want to keep Cena so bad, so this'll be great if we can keep him.

I'll reiterate that my take on this matter is that the profile should be allowed if we can draw a clear line between "the actor" and "the character".

I don't know WWE well, and so I don't know how clear the distinction is between "John Cena the actor" and "John Cena the character". If we can clearly distinguish the two, I'd be fine with allowing the profile to stay under the pretense we ensure the profile is kept to indexing "the character" and nothing more. If the line between the two is blurry, then no, I unfortunately don't think it should stay. The question of whether the line is clear or not isn't something I can answer.

It's like having a Dragon Ball verse page without Goku, Vegeta and Gohan, or a DC comics verse page without Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
So true

I do have very limited knowledge on the WWE entities I have not spoken on, since I haven't actually watched WWE since... 2010? Maybe? But John Cena is almost certainly erring on the side of deletion, given he carries his persona outside to projects not associated with WWE under the same name. John Cena is John Cena.

Now, people seem to be arguing to keep him because he's an important scaling point for the verse- we make no distinction for this in our rules, unsure how to handle that.

Disagree.

Undertaker and Kane are two the most ICONIC characters in the history of pro wrestling go watch their documentary from Wrestling with Andy.
These characters PREDATES The Rock and John Cena since they have been around since 1990s. They are soul of this verse so what if John Cena who is very popular (Cause he went to Hollywood)
Just like Stephanie McMahon said "WWE doesn't need John Cena" in 2014. Years later it's true Cena is in Hollywood and doesn't even wrestle anymore yet WWE is breaking records of billions of dollars in revenue.

Saying a verse should be removed cause of One character is nothing more than a "personal opinion".

Disagree with John Cena and Lesnar. Just having the irl name is not enough to be deleted, especially if they have a huge relevance in the narrative.
Tbf, with the case of Lesnar, he quite literally plays an exaggerated version of himself.

Like, compare his shit in UFC to him now, and there's not that much of a difference.

But John Cena is almost certainly erring on the side of deletion, given he carries his persona outside to projects not associated with WWE under the same name. John Cena is John Cena.
Do you mean shit like commercials and ads?

I agree.
He is the CORE of WWE. Entire verse scales to his LS and many top tier guys scales to his AP as well.
This is a big below. He's much more than just "John Cena" he is the heart and soul of this verse.
All of his feats but be written in a draft and saved somewhere.
Literally this.

Cena plays a massive role in the narrative of the verse, and he has feats that a lot of wrestlers in the verse scale to as well. Deleting him just because he uses his IRL name just doesn't feel right.

I'd also like to add that we should definitely fix some of the WWE characters' summaries, specifically removing their IRL names and giving a better explanation to their character.

It's a much better alternative than just copying and pasting the summary from a Wikipedia article.

Tbf, with the case of Lesnar, he quite literally plays an exaggerated version of himself.

Just like how DemonicDude plays exaggerated version of himself on Vsbattle wiki 🤯
Cena plays a massive role in the narrative of the verse, and he has feats that a lot of wrestlers in the verse scale to as well. Deleting him just because he uses his IRL name just doesn't feel right.
Agreed.
If you ever ask any professional wrestling fan who has been watching since 1980s they will tell you following are the most important figures in the history of WWE
1- Hulk Hogan for popularizing in the 1980s with his American hero character
2- The Undertaker and everything that he has done with his mysterious undead character which parents of the entire lore of the verse to the point WWE introduced his evil brother Kane and even made comic book of them
3- Steven Austin for 1997-2003 for the entire Attitude Era.
4- SOLID number four would be John Cena for Is humongous popularity playing the next big American Hero role selling millions in merchandise sales and becoming the perfect top guy for WWE and a hero for children's all around the world. His feats of throwing people off of the roof of a car or surviving car crashes for lifting some of the most heaviest people is the reason behind the power scaling in the verse.

Today due to Hollywood movies people have really forgotten who John Cena was And how he is responsible for over two decades of carrying the company on his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back