• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What durability would it take to survive in the Mariana Trench?

Those values are arbitrary, so can't be use. Really is that we can't convert atmospheric pressure to AP, maybe only Lifting Strength but still no proper equation.

Energy I mean, AP and Durability by equal. Some times it do not even have to do with durability, just that the physiology allow you to survive in elevated pressures places; see the real fish from the deeps in real life, they can survive and yet one can easily kill them.

Its the environment of the character isn't the deeps and it can survive in there with nothing more than sheer strength then its durability, but it can't be converted to energy.

I think it could be (at most) interpreted to be 1070 times stronger than a normal human, so like ~7 times above baseline Wall level.

I wouldn't give that durability to those beings whose natural environment is in the deeps, they are supposed to be adapted to live in that conditions.

the pressure at the bottom is 15,750 psi or 108.5924 Mpa. for reference this is around half the pressure required to bend steel.

There isn't any, the best you can infer that in order to chip away 1cm3 of a character who can resist the pressure at the bottom of the ocean is you need >108 joules of energy using the same logic we use for pulverization values.

I'd say that if he doesn't have special underwater phisiology it's Street Level since a peak human would die down there.

NVM the calc was confirmed wrong, but it'd be Wall level nonetheless. Pressure like that can crush entire submarines.

As I said, if the normal environment of the character is the depths then durability is kinda irrelevant, character is just adapted to survive in those depths, just like real animals.

I have been told it is Wall level, hence 9-C to 9-B dude to the fact the Mermaids weren't adapted to live down there as well as being able to go from pressures to higher ocean normally without any risk of imploding and vice versa.

Back