• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Weiss aura will be a puddle on the floor (lightly damaged).

And again, what stops her from absorbing her aura back?

Stands reflect damage back at the user if it is damaged, and according to Weekly Aura hasn't shown that property. That argument is kinda flawed.

We're talking about melting aura, not damage transfer.

And again, what stops her from absorbing her aura back?

Because another dart will be already through it before she can close it.

The Regenerationn of aura is slow though, it's not competitively viable because at the tournament those who had their aura lowered past a certain point were disqualified.

If Ratt shoots Weiss, it will melt that specific spot of aura. Aura can shatter, saying it is a whole and can't melt in a specific spot is stupid.

It's probably going to take more than one shot to kill Weiss though, after her aura melts she still has a layer of skin.

Conventional Regenerationn, yes. You can't regrow an arm like a lizard if your current one is still attached, albeit in a puddle.

There is no proof that aura can regenerate instantly iirc. The problem is that aura also has never been partially broken and we don't know how it would react to Ratt's poison (however it WILL react in some way. The nature of the stand prevents aura to simply tank the darts without tanking the poison itself).

The aura isnt regenerating its just closing. Aura only needs to regenerate after its been broken or severely damaged which does take time but it will close if a hole is melted in it

Do you have your own reasoning? What's stopping BE from switching positions to snipe her? Her Enhanced Senses are pretty useless if the projectiles are invisible and make no sound. She won't see or hear or sense that coming.

Taken from the blog post I have posted previously.

To clarify, having the ability to see/sense others on a spiritual levels or having the ability to manipulate your own soul in general grants you the ability to see/sense Stands in general.

Sorry, but she's not doing any of those when she can't sense what's hitting her.

We're arguing about Weiss doing all this blocking and shit, yet why would she do that when the projectiles are invisible? Sure, she can feel them, but she won't know where it's coming from. Combined with BE's stealth mastery, tactics and small size, she won't know what hit her.

Weiss has experience fighting steatlthy opponents?

(Also i switched vote for BE, yet OP say i voted Weiss)

Yes, actually. Just not stealthy opponents like Bug-Eaten. BE's attacks are invisble compared to the ones who either snipe her with a corporeal bullet or ambush her.

Yea, honestly, that's why I'm not voting right now. Weiss has to deal with small, invisible, fast projectiles from a smart tactician in the middle of a grassy area. I highly doubt she'll easily block every shot.

We're all talking about BE's stand going through her aura, the things that Weiss will do, but we're ignoring a very simple characteristic of a stand. Invisibility and Non-Corporeal.

Okay, why would she block an attack she can only feel? She doesn't know where it came from, she cannot see it's trajectory, she can only feel a poke. Then she feels a few more, until she starts melting.

I mean if I was getting attacked by something I couldn't see and could make a coccon of ice to buy myself some time I would do it.

It really doesn't matter if aura's going to transfer damage or not. Bug-Eaten's stand is going to mow through that forcefield with continuous, invisible and merciless burst fire.

@Xtasy Bug's attacks are only selectively intangible

The attacks have 8-C+ AP, she will feel a hell of a lot more than just a light poke. Telekinesis and invisibility Semblances exist in RWBY so she will assume thats what is being used on her and play accordingly defensive if she gets hit by an attack she cant see

WeeklyBattles said:
@Xtasy Bug's attacks are only selectively intangible
I thought I corrected you about this already? Selectively intangible in the sense that they're intangible all the way up until the point of contact, not intangible only when it's convenient.

Your other point is fair though.

What does Weiss do offensivly though? Weiss can block and create shields all she wants, but at the end of the day you have to hit you opponent to win.

@Desmond Aoe freezing attacks, ranged homing energy attacks, lasers that freeze on contact, projectile ice swords, aoe fire attacks, speed amping, gravity attacks, gravity enhanced melee attacks, freezing melee attacks, etc

Weiss can't see Ratt and he also changes position regularly so most of those attacks don't work. Does her AoE go up to 60 meters cause that's how far rat is going be? If it does reach 60 meters does her AoE go around objects or does it just hit the inital surface?

@Desmond her ranged attacks have a range of several hundred meters

Her aoe freezing does go around the environment yes

@Xtasyamphetamine

Weekly and Cal broke down the strategies. I see no point to elaborate much further with repetitive praise. You make it seem like FRA is a crime in order to be added as a vote to a certain character.

The biggest notable factors here besides Weiss forcefield is ice barriers and glyph projection. So to break it down much further you do know how counter-sniper tactics work right? I'm not just talking about your normal anime or fictional display. I'm talking about real life tactics that everyday military, navy, marines, and police officers deal within or out of war zones.

Let's get this out the way since it was already brought up before. SBA clarifies both characters know their opponents, but they don't their abilities unless "prior knowledge" is added.

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

and

Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

Seeing how we are using The Central Park in New York City.

Central-park-new-york-aerial-view-Agatha-Kadar-shutterstock 519832504-1400x500
Rat has mighty advantages

So, how does a character find a rat that is sniping from such a huge area? Well, this is where we get into counter-sniper tactics. We already know Weiss is looking for a Rat all she has to do is find it.

1. Locate by shock wave from bullet
2. muzzle flash and sound
3. heat of the bullet in flight
4. reflections from the telescopic sight

However, Bug-Eaten isn't doing any those weakness due to its Stand and not firing a rifle. Thus, Weiss 4 main advantages are out with counter-sniping tactics. This leaves the final and primary location tracker for Weiss.
5. Backtracking the bullet upon being hit.

This is the most lethal and life threating tactic because it involves a person getting hit by the bullet in order to backtrack the trajectory of its fire. However, Weiss is in luck because with her forcefields she won't only being in danger of being killed upon the first hit, but she will be able to feel the impact of the dart hit her forcefield. Experienced soldiers in real life that manage to survive getting hit by a bullet in real life and instantly backtrack its location to find the target, what happens when you put an experienced huntress with loads of ability?

You get the results of her closing the distance with speed boost glyphs

Ac58ce5e6b09d8b178a247c943ad22b49503ea5e hq

and covering possible terrain with huge ice barriers for offense and defense.

Iceeey

Firing homing ice attacks at possible locations like bushes and trees to spoke the Rat out of its location.

Fb3

It takes one good homing attack to either hit Bug-Eaten or spoke him out his current location to become visible for Weiss to close in with another boost glyph to attack. My vote still going to Weiss Schnee.

@Ricsi Tell that to Weiss vs Polnareff where one of the main arguments for Weiss losing is she would for some reason hold back against some random unarmed guy

I mean, she wouldn't know their skill sor anything, they would still reconize the enemy.

Wouldn't she just try to blast him in tge air or restrain like fodders?

Back