• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Using the Grimm as an example isn't much of an argument as Weiss is still fully serious on them on top of it

If she sees it's a threat to her, she's going all out

Schnee One said:
Using the Grimm as an example isn't much of an argument as Weiss is still fully serious on them on top of it
If she sees it's a threat to her, she's going all out
The problem is that she won't see a threat Ok, my jokes suck but you get the point

She has aura, standuser081. Even if Ratt will melt her aura, it probably can tank a hit before fading IMO. Even if i think BE win, i'm not sure he's one shoting her.

Why would she do that? She can't see Ratt and doesn't know what's hitting her exactly. Also by the time she does that, there are multiple darts on her already.

Because the moment her aura starts getting hit she will try and stop whatever is hitting it. Hell, the moment she's hit she would catapult herself away and use protective stuff.

Standuser081 said:
Wait, how will she even know that it's coming from Bug-Eaten? She can't even see the stand.
She knows she's fighting a rat, and something that comes from it's direction starts hitting her...

Because the aura melts. How RWBY auras work shouldn't stop BE from melting it. It can melt souls and soul based manifestations, so aura shouldn't be an exception.

Hmmm, does she know where it's coming from if the darts ricochet to her other sides? Hmm? Bug-Eaten will reposition stealthily and find a new sniping position, and she can't properly see something with type 1 small size with that distance.

As I said before you either break all of a user's aura or you dont. It is impossible to break only one part of a users aura

I think Weiss has got this, contact can't be established and Weiss just forks up Rat the moment she gets close enough.

This is assuming Rat's bullets aren't intangible. I'm assuming they aren't because they bounced of rocks to hit Jotaro.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
It doesn't matter. That aura will transfer damage to the afflicted part, bypassing her forcefields.
No. That's a stand mechanic, in rwby their soul getting beaten up only passes pain through, and this isn't even painful as far as we know.

WeeklyBattles said:
A burst of 5-6 attacks isnt going to take her aura down, hed need ~6 bursts to do that
So 30-36 hits. That's kinda very different from the Pol thread where it was said that Pol's gonna need 12 hits. And BE's AP is higher than Pol's.

As for the aura melting, if a move can melt something that has a certain composition, it shouldn't have any reason not to melt something else that has the very same composition. Stands and auras have the exact same composition. "Nah, different mechanics" just feels like double standards.

Ven if it did melt part od her aura the rest of her aura would just close over the melted part instantly until her aura is depleted

Because its a burst. A continuous stream of bullets one behind the other. The 4th to 6th bullets should enter through the hole created by the meltdown.

Paul Frank said:
I feel like since stands can be melted and stands come from the soul then since aura comes from the soul it can be melted too
Stands reflect damage back at the user if it is damaged, and according to Weekly Aura hasn't shown that property. That argument is kinda flawed.

Standuser081 said:
@Weekly Jotaro's hand was instantly turned into goo as he got hit with Bug-Eaten's darts.
It was fast, but not instant. There was a specific point where, after hit, the bullet and nearby flesh was removed and he didn't melt anymore. So it simply spreads fast.

Back