• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Pierre Polnareff VS. Weiss Schnee

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're playing down the arguments of the other side as if they hinge on a single point to make a straw man you can easily burn down.

Grace will be over in an hour.

I'm not going to do this song and dance again.

I've posted plenty of times the logic that my argument follows and you repeatedly ignore it to make your points look better.

@Weekly Again,this reasoning is based on the idea that afterimages are from Avdol point of view, as SC normally doesn't leave those afterimages on the fight. You can disagree, but this is why i don't believe for sure that Weiss is any faster. However, because it's a flawed reasoning, i considered the difference in speed as purely unknown and voted inconclusive.

No counterargument was ever given for any of Weiss' AoE freezing attacks nor her freezing attacks done via contact

There you go with the assumptions again. You can re-read my arguments about how Weiss and Polnareff both behave in battle, how Pol can deflect her ranged attacks, how Weiss has no way of reacting to Silver Chariot, et cetera.

Just let it rest. We debated and the majority thought my arguments were more solid.

Ok, so throwing around "you base your reason only on this" or "Your trying to make your reasoning look better" isn't gonna help. How's about you both lay out your reasoning one more time. That way neither one can stawman the other (I'm not accusing anyone of that but it's being thrown around so this should clear that up).

Perhaps do so in a structrued format?

1) X character can do this this and this

2) Y character fails to have an answer or counter for this

3) Therefore X character should win.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Super Pol is actually weaker and less durable, and speed is equalized but Weiss has a superior speed amp
During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.

Weiss winning with speed amp? I doubt it

Pol FRA after reading the whole thread

Stepping in here since it's getting heated lol,

Polnareff is going to have little trouble against her AOE attacks. Silver Chariot is fast enough to keep up with Star Platinum, who is fast enough to create 15m tunnel in only a few seconds. (See Jotaro vs Wheel of Fortune). At those kinds of speeds, he can quite easily chop up her ice pillars and whatnot into snowflakes before they even become a threat to Pol.

Selectively intangible is kiiind of misleading for stands; by default you cannot touch them unless you have a stand (or have something that really resembles one in function/mechanics). You will never see a truck running over Star Platinum just because he caught him off guard or something like that. It's not vice versa though, a stand can touch you and you cannot touch it. Her ice pillars and whatnot can never harm Silver Chariot unless Polnareff wants his stand to be struck by said pillar.

I do see this being very close for Weiss though, I don't know if it was brought up but Polnareff is kind of a sucker for ladies. He's easily infatuated with them so I can see that being a problem with him holding back on Weiss. That and he's naturally full of bravado means it's going to be a closer matchup then some people think - he's not going for the killing blow for a while.

In the end, I see Silver Chariot's dozens of afterimages being a good guage on just how fast he can move casually. If he wasn't toying with Avdol so much he could have probably vaporized him by slashing him so many times, I don't see why someone who can create 12 in-sync afterimages couldn't. The question is does Weiss have enough firepower to take him down before he gets ahold of himself and brings her down? I don't really think so.

Baguette FRA.

@Grey

We already did that several times over and called grace. No need to do it again.

Her ice is also so durable that people on her level cannot break through it, so no, Pol is not going to be cutting it any time soon

Speed amps of course @Weekly, if it were not equal this would be no contest for Pol.

I don't see a good guage on how fast Weiss's speed amp makes her, but we have a great idea for Polnareff, that's my basis for Silver Chariot still being more than fast enough to take her out.

I haven't seen her ice durability in action but ice can be really durable against large scale impacts but really fragile against small scale ones, such as an ice pick or in this case Pol's sword. I need to see her ice durability feat.

Her ice manip being High 8-C doesn't mean squat unless you're measuring the damage it can do to Polnareff. He can chop it down relatively easily, I don't see why it being High 8-C AP matters.

@Professor She has a hard 3x amp with calculations to back it up, which allowed a person amped by it to make dozens of attacks instantaneously

Her ice is just as durable against bladed attacks as 95% of the verse uses them and cannot break her ice

Its High 8-C in both AP and durability and high enough that people stronger than Pol cannot cut it

WeeklyBattles said:
@Professor She has a hard 3x amp with calculations to back it up, which allowed a person amped by it to make dozens of attacks instantaneously
Her ice is just as durable against bladed attacks as 95% of the verse uses them and cannot break her ice

Its High 8-C in both AP and durability and high enough that people stronger than Pol cannot cut it
During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.

Let's say in order to make an afterimage, Silver Chariot needs to float back and forth while moving fast enough in between so he doesn't get caught. We'll be generous and ignore perception of Weiss to a degree.

If we lowball and say that SC needs to be twice as fast as he normally is just to occupy the space of an afterimage, then this is no contest between their speed amps. He's clearly had at least 7 (probably more) afterimages on field, all dancing and slashing at once. Going on our previous lowball logic, that would be roughly 8x boost in speed for him to create those afterimages, let alone have them so fluid and accurate.

8x boost >> 3x boost

Unarmored SC >> Time Dilation

I need to see sauce on these High 8-C characters unable to break her ice because it sounds very misleading. I don't want an explanation, I want a source.

With a whopping TWENTY-SEVEN votes in Polnareff's favor, we've officially broken the record. good job, everyone

I think it's 27-2 for Polnareff now that Kazuma and Professor gave their input.

Meaning this is likely a record breaker.

Wait, it's not even 27-2 since the vote didn't count Schro and Professor!

ONE MORE!

Weekly, I get it. I really do, i like weiss better and Think she would in in a DB scenario. But this is a weaker version of weiss, and they have a point. Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back