• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is probably a bad idea but let's try it.

Plot: Dismas comes across some deceased bodies and the heir tells him to investigate, he proceeds to fight a brigand only for it to die right in front of him. Dismas sees the rat, puts two and two together and hides.

Speed is equalised. Both start at 80 or so metres apart in a mountainside place, Highwayman is 9-A with no optional equipment. Highwayman has vague knowledge of what the rat can do. SBA otherwise.

My way or the highway!: 0

Squeak: 1

Thunder Mcqueen: 0

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Bug-Eate

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Highwayma

>no extrasensory perception.

That's gonna suck, he can't see the bullets fired, or the fact mere contact with a bullet cripples you. Plus the rat knows how to richochet.

Yeah that's why I gave HWM prior knowledge on what rat does, plus he's no stranger to odd stuff considering what's around the hamlet. That said I've noticed HWM has way better range, should I shorten it down a bit?

Vague knowledge, given the outline scenario and what he's seen. It would suggest he knows that the rat can somehow melt flash. That doesn't really tell him about invisible bullets that mere contact with will cripple and kill depending on where it hits. Plus the rat can richochet said invisible bullets. Even if he knew it wouldnt help him avoid the bullets as he can't see or sense them.

Don't think so, Rat is at least 60 meters, it's probably on par with an actual assault rifle imo but regardless 80 meters probably is within it's firing range but it doesn't really matter, HWM would probably close the gap a bit, given he has no reason to assume the rat has that high a range. Although HWM's high range doesn't apply to every one of his attacks, which ones it does? I'm not certain, the profile should specify.

Well considering the rat was a distance away I'd imagine HWM would assume its got some kind of projectile, life forms from the weald can be like so he'd have reason to assume it.

His range applies to his pistol which can aoe spam as well as single target. Should also point out HWM has really good stealth, it can fool things with enhanced senses iirc. As for in character considering he prefers the 2nd or 3rd party slot he'd probably favour ranged attacks and stealth

That or some sort of spell or trap, there's lots of assumptions that can be made, projectile may not be the first.

His pistol projectiles could possibly be shot down for what it's worth.

Stealth ain't gonna be an option, you say that start off in a mountainside place? I'm assuming that the situation here is like that where Jotaro fought Ratt? Not exactly many places to hide, and do recall, his opponent has high intelligence as well as being a rat, rats have extremely good senses, it aint no bear but rats can pick up on things from extreme distances, especiall things like smell. Unless he can hide his scent, it won't change a whole lot. Plus Rat can hie as well, given, he's uh, well a rat.

I just find it hard to see him dealing with invisible ohko projectiles that can bounce off things, he definitely has more to work woth but at least Bug Eaten can avoid those, try and hoot them down, or go and hide itself, do recall Bug Eaten is smart enough to lay traps, stake out a target and then snipe.

How's that work exactly. Because that's not even on the profile.

It's been a long while since I played DD but basically HWM is able to select a target who is in stealth and bypass/remove it and buff himself in the process. Also it does damage in the process, can't find a scan of it being used in gameplay atm as am on mobile

https://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Highwayma

We should probably put it into a CRT I suppose but the move is there

Does he need to like actually, hit a target with it first to activate the effects? Because if so, he's going to super hard pressed to do at range, against such a tiny target that could piss off at any point.

Been a long time since I've played DD but I'd assume yes and no based off how the game is, as in the attack can miss but the buff and other things still occur but the opponent took no damage.

Its mostly cause DD is 99 percent RNG and the things that aren't are buffs and removal of things like stealth and marking targets. Also even though Tracking Shot has vastly lowered damage output it'd still be enough to one shot rat I reckon

Back